Chapter 10

His Fallen Angel

Immensely intrigued, Jonghyun allowed himself to enjoy the whole program, without even thinking once about the note. It had been more than a decade since he had last enjoyed a show like this. Almost before the three-hour program got over, Jonghyun heard someone whisper his name fervently. It was time for whatever had been planned, and he was just bursting with curiosity. He was ushered out of the hall, and taken backstage. into a room labelled 'Restricted'. In the room, were a group of people who looked at him with suspicion, all except one who smiled at Jonghyun warmly. By his warmth, Jonghyun was certain that he was the mysterious Ryu, who somehow seemed to have developed a liking for him. Though he tried, Jonghyun couldn't figure out what he had done, to make this man like him. In any case, Ryu introduced Jonghyun to those around him, and also clearly mentioned that Jonghyun was now a part of their gang. Gang? What on earth were they into? All of a sudden, all Jonghyun could think of, were the little beads of sweat that had formed on his forehead.

Since Jonghyun was fully conscious, Jinki was forced to stay in the background and do nothing at all. However, he stayed alert and keen, ready to step in if required. so far everyone was just talking and there was no sign of panic among Jonghyun's thoughts.

"Jonghyun, have we met before?"

"No, I don't think so"

The person next to Ryu continued to stare intensely at him, which honestly, made Jonghyun feel extremely uncomfortable. He'd prefer being completely unknown to these, for lack of a better term, gangsters.

"You look so familiar to me. Did you model at Mr. X's show?"

Him? A model? Now that was just hilarious, and judging by the snorting in his head, Jinki had obviously thought the same.

"No, I'm not a model. I just work as an IT staff"

As Ryu pulled the person away, Jonghyun felt a sense of relief. It wouldn't be good if he had just met a client of the firm as it would result in him losing his job. Granted, he hated his job, but it helped pay his bills, so there was no way he could afford to lose it. Clearing his throat, Ryu began his little speech,

"Alright everyone, I'd like to formally introduce Kim Jonghyun. We met in a bar a few days ago, and he has proved himself to be extremely loyal. I propose that he joins us without an initiation"

Jinki felt alarm bells ringing in his mind. This seemed to have gone far, and he had to take control.

(Jonghyun, it's time to leave)

"No, Jinki. I'd like to stay"

(Can you just listen to me?)

"No"

Jinki couldn't force Jonghyun to give him control, so all he could do was wait for something to happen that would set Jonghyun on edge. It would happen sooner than Jonghyun had ever expected, and Jinki was ready for it.

Jonghyun gulped as the person who kept questioning him, approached him again.

"Aren't you Bling?"

"Sorry, what?"

"Bling, the hacker. I finally figured out how I know you. You're the winner of last year's Hackathon"

"I am, but I prefer to keep a low profile so that it doesn't affect my job or anything else"

Jonghyun's heart was beating so quickly and loudly that he really was unable to hear anything else. Why had he been such a fool so as to have not listened to Jinki's warning? Now his secret identity had been found out, and there was nothing he could do about it. 

(I warned you)

"I know, I should've listened. I'm sorry"

(Just stay, and act as nothing out of the ordinary happened. If things get worse, let me take control)

"I will"

(Don't worry. I'll protect you)

Jonghyun just stared as Ryu came back, and patted his back. 

"You know, Jonghyun, I'm really glad you joined us. There's nothing we can't accomplish when we work together"

Though this wasn't something Jonghyun had wanted, he had no choice but to comply and just nodded, without saying anything.

"There's a priceless diamond which will be transported by road next week. We need to get it before any other gang does"

Stealing a diamond? Did they really think that he would get involved in a heist? 

"How are we going to get it, Ryu?"

It didn't hurt to find out what Ryu's plan was, Jonghyun knew he could stop it with Jinki's help. 

"Well, Jonghyun. They'll be bringing the diamond in an armoured truck. The truck is state of the art and will be controlled by a computer. Therefore, no one would even be driving the truck. We plan on getting a hacker who can get us access into the truck's system. At the same time, we will also control the traffic system and turn on the Red light as the truck nears the right spot. Some of our boys will be waiting below in the sewers with power tools and will create a hole at the bottom of the truck. In the meantime, our hacker would distort the security cameras and the boys would just enter the truck through the bottom, take out the diamond and replace it with glass. Once we find a hacker, it's a piece of cake"

This was definitely much too close for comfort, and there seemed to be no way out.

(Tell them what you can do)

"Jinki, but this is illegal"

(You made your bed, and must lie on it)

"Please help me"

(Then trust me, and volunteer for the job)

Though he knew he shouldn't be doing this, Jonghyun decided to trust Jinki's word and talk to Ryu.

"Ryu, I can help you with the hacking part of this. I have enough practice, and I'm sure I would be able to crack it"

"Jonghyun, are you sure about this?"

As Jonghyun opened his mouth, he was interrupted by the same person as earlier,

"Ryu, Jonghyun is the best person for this job and I can vouch for him. He is one of the best hackers this country has to offer, and I know for a fact that we can't get anyone better or more suited than Jonghyun"

So that was it. Things were all set. What Jonghyun couldn't figure out, was what exactly he had gotten himself into.