Chapter 7

His Fallen Angel

Jinki watched Jonghyun touching all of his newfound bruises with a look of such bewilderment that it sent him into peals of laughter. So far, when Jinki had taken control of Jonghyun's body with him knowing, it had been easier as Jonghyun had fifty percent usage of his motor skills. Last night was something completely different, and Jinki didn't know how to take a hundred percent of control. The only upside to it was the fact that he wouldn't face any pain, whereas Jonghyun would be the one to bear the brunt of his antics. Knowing that he should feel bad, but feeling overly enthusiastic about his trial period, Jinki pretended as though he'd had absolutely nothing to do with the number of bruises along Jonghyun's body that were slowly turning into an unattractive shade of purple. Jonghyun could assume whatever he wanted, there was absolutely no reason for Jinki to tell him the truth. As Jonghyun walked around the area, Jinki had thought a lot about where he wanted to go next. Since it was a weekend, Jonghyun didn't have to go to work, and Jinki suddenly had a wicked thought. What if he put Jonghyun to sleep and then took over his body for the whole day? That way, he had the whole day to practice. However, Jonghyun was wide awake and Jinki knew that no amount of persuasion from his side would work. 

Jonghyun kept touching the bruises before he rubbed an ice cube over them. Now that he had the day off, Jonghyun really didn't know what to do. Since he couldn't hear Jinki, he felt it was his lucky day, so perhaps a trip to the casino may work well. After all, his daily horoscope did mention that he was going to have a really good day. Hopefully, ‘good luck’ translated into getting a lot of money. Wearing a white vest under that new leather jacket he'd recently bought, Jonghyun pulled on the pair of red pants Jinki had forced him to buy. Using his new hair gel, Jonghyun set his hair so that his fringe was slightly inclined to the left. Looking at himself in the mirror, Jonghyun found that he didn't look quite as stupid as he thought, but instead looked quite good. The casino was packed as usual, with almost three hundred people huddled in that small area. Feeling lucky, Jonghyun tried his hand at the slot machine first. Holding his breath as he pulled the lever, Jonghyun sighed as the result was two sevens and something else. He had come really close to it though, and that excitement was enough for him to try again, with no luck, 

(Stop wasting your time)

"Do you have a better idea then, Jinki?"

(Why don't you try the Roulette Spinning Wheel?)

"I'm horrible at that"

(You're such a pain. Do it)

Jonghyun placed his chips on the table and concentrated on which number he should bet on.

(Red 23. Place all the coins on that)

Jonghyun placed 5 dollars worth of chips on Black 10, completely ignoring what Jinki had said.

(Do you have wax in your ears? I said Red 23)

As Jonghyun's luck would have it, the person in charge spun the wheel and the ball stopped exactly at Red 23. On one hand, he should have trusted Jonghyun, as he was actually an angel. However, he had only lost 5 dollars, which wasn't much. He'd learned his lesson though and would certainly bet on what Jinki suggested next. This time, he was ready to use fifty dollars worth of chips. 

"Place your bets"

Waiting for the voice in his head, Jonghyun let his hand hover over the wheel.

(Not that one)

It seemed pretty clear that Jinki wasn't too happy with him as he didn't tell him what he should bet on.

(Not that one. Are you crazy? Take Black 10)

"Are you sure?"

(Fine then. Bet on something else. Lose all your money. Why would I care?)

This, Jonghyun knew, was a test of trust. Since he was angry with him, Jinki could have even given him the wrong slot. Taking a deep breath, Jonghyun put a hundred dollars worth of chips against Black 10 and waited, with bated breath for the wheel to stop spinning. Thanks to his trust in Jinki, the ball stopped exactly there, and he won two hundred dollars. If he continued to listen to Jinki, there was a high possibility of him winning a lot more money, but something deep within told Jonghyun that it was best to leave while he had the upper hand.

(Where are you going?)

"I'm going home"

(Why?)

"I'm leaving with double of what I came with. That's good enough for me"

(You are such a loser. Go to the slot machine before you leave. Go now)

Obeying his command, Jonghyun moved towards the slot machine he had tried, which was now unoccupied. Sliding his coin into the slot, Jonghyun pulled the lever, and after what seemed like an eternity, it stopped with three 7s. He'd just won the jackpot of ten thousand dollars, and it was thanks to Jinki.

(What would you do without me?)

"Thanks for your help. I think we've done enough today. People around will start to suspect if I keep winning so let's just call it a day"

Since Jinki had done more than enough good deeds for the day, he felt he was owed a night on the town. Knowing that Jonghyun was probably quite exhausted after everything that happened, Jinki just waited for him to fall asleep before he pulled the switch. Since he had spent a lot of time just observing Jonghyun, Jinki was sure he could act just like him, and no one would ever find out that there was anything amiss. Slowly, like a puppeteer, Jinki started to control Jonghyun's body and finally possessed him entirely, with full control over every aspect, including his voice. It didn't take long for him to get used to this, and soon, he was wandering along the streets, looking for something to do. Based on the loud noises coming from a nearby bar, Jinki decided that it would be the first place he would visit. As he walked through the door, the smell of alcohol and all the various colognes and perfumes almost made him gag.