The Pack

Uncertainty

 

 


Another day at the cafe. Yesung had been wanting to try a new recipe for his shop consist of him being hours in the kitchen.

“Want me to help?” said Kangin worryingly.

The latter had been watching their boss for hours since he had finish with all the desserts earlier.

“Nah. Once I completed this recipe, you can tried it.” said Yesung as he carefully cutting the shape onto the puff.

“Fine. I’ll be helping outside then. Call me if you need anything” said Kangin and leave the older to bury himself in his new experiment.

Too immersed with the pleat on the puff he had been working on, the cafe owner accidentally brushed his elbow with an empty jar and send it to the floor. In the midst of the falls, he extends his hand out a he tried to catch it.

“Ouch!”

The jar broke as soon as Yesung’s hand reach down to it, scrapping the small hand with the broken pieces.

As Yesung was about to turn frantic from the blood gushing out form his palm, the stinging pain soothed right away. Leaving only blood that stricken down his arm to his sleeve.

‘What… where the…”

“Hyung! Are you okay!?” 

The worker begin to rush into the kitchen after the sound of the broken glass alerted them. Upon looking into the kitchen, Eunhyuk found the older with bloody hand. Rushing towards the older, Eunhyuk quickly inspect the wound and frown.

“Hyung… where’s the wound?” said Eunhyuk as he keep tilting the older’s hand.

“I.. I don’t know. I was so sure I felt the pain just now.” said Yesung deliriously. He can still remember the pain tingling on the supposed wounded area.

Eunhyuk drag the older to the sink to wash over the blood so they can inspect it more clear. But soon they frowned again.

“Hyung. Did you heal it already? How come?” said Eunhyuk.

“Wait. But how. I mean.. my wolf is dead. And I’m sure only he can heal me faster than ever.”

Both of them exchange their look. Weird out by the sudden healed wound.

“Maybe. You know. Just maybe, your body could heal just like your wolf did once in awhile. Since you never got hurt much before, right?” said Eunhyuk.

“Maybe… now. Go help the other. I have to clean the mess. Just don't tell the other about this. Don't let them worries and tell them I'm fine "

“Okay. But could you change your shirt first? That white shirt are too soaked in blood…” said Eunhyuk with the disgust in his face.

“Aish.”

.
.
.

11 pm. As any local shop does, Yesung close down the shop for the night. Feeling exhausted from the busy day.

He walks towards his car. Parked right behind his shop, he strode leisurely while humming his favorite song.

As he was about to enter the car, a shuffles sound resonate from the empty alley way. Send some anxious feeling to the smaller who rushed to unlock the car.

‘Aish, where’s the key!’ thought him frantically as he searching for the key inside his pocket.

“Oh don’t look too frightened like that, Jongwoon ah.”

“Huh?”

.

“Have a sit.”

Yesung stare at the man in front of him nervously.

“Come on Jongwoon. I won’t hurt you. Come on.”

Yesung sat next to the man. Staring into the empty park where the man choose to be their place to talk.

“He..Heechul hyung. Did you come alone?”

Heechul glance once at the smaller and chuckles. Yesung was too tense and yet trying to look as if he weren’t bothered by the older visiting him or more too kidnapping him away for a talk.

“Yes. So you should relax for a little bit. It’s only me.”

Yesung blush. Was it too obvious? Thought him.

“I just want to talk. Every time I came to the shop, they say that you’re too busy or even absent that day. Are you avoiding me?” said Heechul with a bitter smile.

“Eoh? No! I--I really was b-busy…”

“Pfft… hahaha! You still at lying!”

The laughter only bring more shades onto Yesung’s face. Emberrassed by his obvious reaction.

“Anyway. We should really talk. Mom begin to talk about wanting to launch a search party for you.”

“She… she did? Why?”

“Because she’s a mother. Jongwoon, why did you do it? You know we won’t mind if your mate is a male or female right? We can’t cross the Goddess’s plan.”

Yesung only avoid the gaze. Hating himself for he not know how the other would actually think the day it happen.

“I… I..”

“Jongwoon… please tell me…”

Heechul cup the smaller’s face and forced him to face him. Pleading through his softened look. Wanting the answer he had been wanting to know.

Yesung sigh. Knowing he can’t win and runaway if he were to face the older. Believe him when he said he had tried it before.

“Fine.”

.

He told everything to the older but left the important part where he was now had been living as an omega for years.

“What!? wait… we never teach you about that?”

Yesung shake his head. Looking more upset than before when the older staring at him with disbelieving face.

“Oh. We didn’t? but how about now? Could you come back with us? I mean, you don’t have to lead the pack or well, if you want to, you can. Come back to us. Become our family again.”

“No. I can’t. I had life here. I’m fine with who I am now.”

“But what about mom?”

“About mom… I.. maybe… I’ll visit you guys one day. But not now… Just tell her don’t search for me. Please don’t make such a ruckus for a person like me”

“What do you mean a person like you. You are our family. I know that you didn’t mean to reject your mate. I know you are not the bad person they were saying all this time.” said Heechul, gripping on the smaller’s shoulder with a soften smile.

Yesung only nod. Feeling guilty for hiding the truth.

“Yesungie?”

Both of them turn to the newcomer. Yesung frown once he makes out the face of the person.

“Guixian? What are you doing here?” said Yesung.

“Oh, I was just taking a walk here. What are you… who’s that?” said Guixian(Kyuhyun) with a glare. Disliking the man who are now touching his dear mate intimately.

“This? My brother. Hyung, this is Guixian. My.. my loyal customer at the cafe.”

“Guixian?” said Heechul, quirking his eyebrows from the familiar face. ‘Where did I seeing this boy before?’ thought Heechul.

“Guixian, this is my brother, Heechul.”

Guixian nod and bow politely. Grinning for he remember the face quite clearly. 

“Hello Heechul hyung. I’m Yesung’s boyfriend.”

“Yah!” shouts Yesung as he walks towards Guixian and slap the younger across his head. “He’s not, hyung. This brat!” by now, Yesung begin to blush furiously from the bold younger.

“Boyfriend?” said Heechul. He walk toward his little brother and pulls him away from the grinning taller.

“Jongwoon ah, is he saying the truth?”

“What? No he’s---

“Then good. Because your mate is still looking for you.”

The smaller one begin to stare at the older with an odd look. He begin to realize the reason he had been rejecting the taller all this time.

“He does? I mean… how do you know? He had already move out from the pack right?” Yesung clench his fist tight. Feeling cold after getting the news about his old mate.

“He had been calling us for years. Asking about your whereabouts but appa told us to not tell him anything. We keep the secret of you running away from home. We only told him that you were sent to another pack.”

“Why… why would he tried to search for me… I had done so dirty to him…”

“I don’t know. But what I know now is that pale looking boy trying to get close to you. You shouldn’t get too close to another man. You still had a mate.”

“No. I cut off our mate bond already. He shouldn’t feel a thing towards me.”

“Well, it’s seems like he do. He keep calling to us for years but for some reason, the calls had stopped early this year.”

“Maybe he already given up on me. Hyung, you don’t have to worry. I know my place to not getting a new person in my life but I too know that I don’t deserve Cho Kyuhyun. That boy should be looking for someone new in his life. Not someone stupid like me.”

“Aish. Why are you so dramatic.”

“Yeah, so dramatic. What are you guys talking about?”

Both Heechul and Yesung jump away from Guixian, shocked by the sneaking taller.

“Yah! Don’t scare us like that!” shouts Heechul angrily.

Guixian sigh. Chuckling a little bit as he eyes falls on the shaken little omega.

“Well if you guys done talking, can I take Yesung now? I really want to walk around the park with him”

“No. I see that you are an alpha. But this guy right here is an alpha too so you should just back away from him. You guys don’t even have a chance.”

Guixian glance towards Yesung. Seeing how the smaller shaking his head secretly towards him, Guixian only nod at him.

“Well, I don’t mind it. Now, if you excuse me.”

Guixian drag the smaller away, leaving the older brother stunned and shouting at him.

“Hyung, you should go home now. I’m okay with this guy.” shout Yesung before Guixian fastened their walks.

.

“He didn’t know?”

“Nope. I didn’t have the courage to tell him yet.”

Guixian take Yesung small hand into his. Intertwine their finger as he ruffling the smaller’s hair gently.

“You know, you can do it. And I’ll help you no matter what.”

Yesung realize how serious was the alpha with wanting to be with him. And he too remember clearly how his older brother talk about his old mate.

Pushing the younger from getting to close with him, Yesung took a few more step back.

“We can’t be this way. I have a mate Guixian. And he’s still looking for me. Well, that’s what by brother told me but I can’t be with you without settling this matter with him.”

Yesung was deep in his sullen when he heard the chuckles. 

“What’s so funny!”

“Nothing. You know I already said that I’ll ask him to have you, remember? And I’ll even fight him if he didn’t want to give up on you.”

By now, Guixian are having the blast on fooling the smaller. Watching in anticipating for the changes in Yesung’s face.

“No! You can’t fight him! He’ll die! You’re and alpha! He’s an omega like me!”

“Oh, I don’t care. Now let’s go. I’ll send you back.”

“Guixian!”

.
.
.

The ride to Yesung's apartment was quiet. Both had no intention of talking just to immerse themselves with each other's presence. Untill

'Drtt'

Yesung glance towards Guixian who seems to ignore the calls.

"Guixian. Your phone" 

"Tssk"

'Did he just clicking his tongue at me?' thought Yesung.

"I don't want to pick it up. It's disturbing our good mood" said Guixian with a pout.

'Ah. He's annoyed by the call.' thought Yesung with a relief.

"What if it was important?"  said Yesung as he take the phone into his hand. "It's... Your beta."

Guixian groans before taking the call. Cursing silently for the beta to disturb their moment together. 

"What!?"

"..."

"What?! I'm on my way!"

After the call end, Guixian quickly turn the car's route immediately. Earning a frown and a shudder from the shocked Yesung. 

"Gui-Guixian? What happen? Please slow down a bit..." said Yesung. Sweatdropping from the insane speeding throughout the mess.

"My pack! Some Rouge wolves had dare to attack them while i was gone!"

"Omoo! We have to go there faster!" said Yesung. Recalling how his pack had deal with some of the Rouge before thus bringing him back the bad memory. Many wounded wolves are not the best memory he as the future alpha before.

"I know. Please sit back. I don't want  you to get hurt." said Guixian with still anger depicting on his face despite the assurance. 

Yesung clench onto the seatbelt tightly. Feeling worried for Guixian's pack safety as they speeding through thet traffic. 

Soon, after 15 minutes of driving aimlessly, they arrive at somewhat forest lookimg neighborhood. Not much to describe it as a neighborhood since it was only consists of 5-7 normal looking house and one big mansion right on top of the hill.

Yesung look around aa he saw no sign of breaching. 

"Guixian. Are sure there's an attack?"

But the latter ignore the smaller. Focusing on to steering the wheel as they drove towards the hills.

'Guixian...'

.

Right after they close towards the get surrounding mansion, a roar of fighting blaring into their ears. Throwing Yesung into a shudder as a scream begin to closing in towards them.

"Stay in the car! Don't go anywhere!"  shouts Guixian as he exit the car after he lock it from the outside.

Only then Yesung realize, Guixian had park the car quite secluded from the fight. But still, the roar and the howling was too clear to his ear even after 5 minutes Guixian entered the field.

'Aish. I wish i could help... ' thought Yesung. 

He heard ruffling coming from behind the car. Thanks to the dark tinted car's windows,  the newly come allies from the rouge side didn't saw him.

'Should...should i help?' thought Yesung again. 

Feeling more and more anxious about the attack but being him losing his wolf only hold him back.

'Woon... I wish you can help... I feel useless...'

'Blam!'

'Oh... The front window...' thought Yesung with a frown.

Being that the front window was the only untinted part of the car, one of the rouge saw him crystal clear and hit on the window harshly. 

"Get out!" shout the rouge.

Yesung become more frantic when the male rouge begin to smash the window open. Sending him to scowl into the back seat as his hand begin to dial Guixian's phone number.

'Prang!'

"Argh!!!!!"

 

 

 

A/N: dun dun dun!!! Cliffhanger!!!?!!  My bad. The next chapter will be quite interesting, therefore I'll keep it ths chapter this way~~~