New Pages

Uncertainty

 

 

7 years later

A smell of newly bakes goods and pastry enticing any customers who walk through the door. Dozens of cookies and bread line up along the side of the walks towards the counter. Luring any kind of person, be it a sweet tooth and a coffee lover unable to avoid this certain cafe located in the middle of Seoul busy town.

Bakery de souris. As weird as putting mouse in it’s name, it was own by mostly what people called, heaven of beauties. Opened 4 years ago by Jongwoon who are now went by Yesung. It was his proudest achievement in his life yet.

After the episode of rejecting and rejected by the family, he had found himself working day and night to survive. Only armed with the lesson that he learn from his family, it wasn’t enough for him as a rouge werewolf to survive with the predatory instinct in a big city.

Lucky for him, he had stumble onto a nice group of rouge that willing to offer him a good paid works and accommodation. Denying the help from his auntie after he had ran to another town to avoid from being searched by any of his family. With the money he had in his saving from the last few years, he finally open a dream bakery of his.

Did he miss all the good time? Yes. He miss his family dearly but what’s in the past had to stay in the past. He now live as a mere human without the presence of his wolf. But one thing had him to not forgot his own root.

He was manning the counter when a sudden wave of heat struck him. His worker, a rouge omega name Eunhyuk realized the change in his boss act.

“Hyung, is it..?”

Yesung nod weakly. Letting the younger to drag away him while other worker were replacing him. Eunhyuk took out a syringe that made special for people like him and jab it harshly onto the older’s leg.

“Ouch! Please be gentle next time, Hyukkie!” Yesung whine as he rub the abused leg.

“Oh please, you should be able to withstand this thing by now. How did you feel right now?”said Eunhyuk, checking the older’s pupils.

“Tssk… I’m fine now…”

“Aren’t that the fifth time in this week? Doesn’t it occurred more often now?”

“I don’t know… and the fact that I’m mateless doesn’t help at all…”

Eunhyuk sigh. He know the story behind the older’s mateless fate. He was so angry when he was first know about it but seeing how pitiful the older had become, he can only give all his support to help the older out.

“7 years in heat without any kind of comfort. How did you do that? I mean, yeah you were born as a strong Alpha but even I had to find someone to help with all this heat within 2 days.”

“Karma, Hyuk. I deserved it. Let’s get back to work. Poor Zhoumi if he had to work on our behalf alone.”

“Oh don’t worry about it. There’s Shindong now, you don’t have to fret every single time daddy long leg serving the customer alone.”

Yesung snort at the name Eunhyuk had for their tall worker. Zhoumi sure does had amazingly long legs then their short one.

“Stop calling him that. That’s disgusting.”

“What!? which part!?”

“Just… shut it!” said Yesung. He didn’t know why the name sound vulgar in his ears but he didn’t like it nevertheless.

They begin to help the tall worker who had to survive the amount of fangirls line up just for his service. Even Shindong who manning the pastry counter had to survive the squeals from his fan who into his kind and cute chubby look. It was one of the reason why their cafe had blew up years ago. Attended by 5 good looking men including their chef who never came out to the front space, it succeed in luring more younger and older women who came for their good serving and looks.

.

10 pm. It's finally the time to close up the shop ans heading to his home. He walk side by side with Eunhyuk who live in the same building as him. The omega apartment. 

He, Kim Jongwoon, had his karma by losing his Alpha title and cursed into living in an omega state. After the rejection and runaway, he had come to realize the weird state of his body. Suffering from constant heat and the need that could mirror a females want. Yesung had to be send to the doctor after an Alpha accidentally attacking him when he was walking home from work. Not realizing the amount of pheromones release from his body, Yesung had attract countless predator in his new life.

The doctor had to diagnose him as a late bloomer werewolf despite been told it was one in million story.

'The Goddess must have been so mad at you' was the only thing he can remember from the appointment. Not once he got angry from the doctor's speech as it was the truth.

And now, he had to live in a building full of unmated omegas with full security provided by the owner. Being that the building was build mainly for the reason to protect young and stray omega, the owner provide enough alarm and security system to avoid any rouge alpha from coming within the radius.

Guarded by countless warrior werewolf and betas, the only people who able to enter the front gate was the parents, mated werewolf and omegas.

Yesung parted with Eunhyuk who live one level above him and walks towards his own. Entering his unit with a sigh and slump onto the couch.

The conversation he had with Eunhyuk still looping inside his head. 'Was it possible for a mateless wolf to find a new mate?' thought him.

It had been Eunhyuk who the one to worried about their mateless state. Being that Eunhyuk too was a runaway due to his pack were attacked by a rouge pack, Eunhyuk was left alone to survive longer than Yesung. He had thought about his old mate died in the fight, leaving him to mourn about his loss on their anniversary. 

But what the younger had been worrying about was Yesung's confusing state. He never one the mateless one. But he is the product of a rejection from his own stupidity. Screams and anger had filled the day when Yesung told him about his hidden past.

Yesung sigh. Reminiscing the past had always pained him. He was about to get up and move to his room when the same wave of heat struck him.

'Why...now...'

He was fortunate when Eunhyuk told him about that building. The system were quick and efficient. Build in with the censory device that can detect omega pheromone once the owner release it, an alarm will be sounded and all the opening inside the house were shutted close by a metal fence.

A mist of what they call the masker of scent that could avoid the pheromones from spreading outside had been released. Yesung only laid on the floor as he saw the white mist occupying the room.

"Aish... I left all the suppression at the shop..." said him with a chuckle. Laughing on his unfortunate fate due to his clumsy nature.

The only thing left was to let the heat subside on it's own. And that could only be one thing. The cold floor will be his friend for that long night.

.
.
.

"Hyung! It's time for work!"

Eunhyuk always had a spare key of the older's apartment for an emergency cases. But in his case, it was to ask the older to go to work with them. Two omegas walking together is better than one.

As the former keep walking intor the distance, he saw a small hand on thw floor appeared in between the couch and the table.

"Omona!!! Hyung!" Eunhyuk shriek in a surprise. 

Watching the older laying weak on the floor had him think for the worst.

"Hyuk... I'm fine.."

"Where! Which part! You got your heat again. This is too often, hyung. I think you really need to find your mate again." said Eunhyuk with one annoyed face.

"No... I don't need him..."

"Stubborn big headed brat! Then find someone or even a gigolo to help you out. You can't stay in heat and all your life. Look at you! You need someone!" 

"Hyuk... Shut up. Just help me to get ready."

"Oh bruh, you ain't going anywhere with that look. You'll get pregnant sooner than you want. Stay at home. I'll let them know you're sick."

"But!" Yesung was about to protest when Eunhyuk glare at him.

"Fine. But please take my car. It's already done fixed and sent to the the parking lot already. Never walk alone,okay? You're omega too." said Yesung with a worried look.

"Okay but you really don't have to worry about me. At least i have been an omega since i was born. You're different than me. Now let's get you to your room and give me your car key."

Eunhyuk help the older before leaving him and went to work. Left alone, Yesung had all day to himself. Groaning for he not used to do nothing.

"I'll never got used to this..."

.
.
.

It's the normal day for Yesung to come to his cafe. Unlocking the door to the shop with leisure as he had arrived a bit too early than usual. Upon entering the premise, Yesung went straight up to his office that needing him to go through the kitchen. It was his chef to suggest such things. Making the office only entrance was the kitchen's way, the chef wanted to keep him safe.

The history of him and the said chef went long way back to the day he had step his feet into the city. Not knowing where to go, he was came by a werewolf name Leeteuk. A rouge one. It's the city where rouge wolf are free to come and go as no territory could be marked by any pack due to the authorities warning.

From there he meet the said wolf who willing to provide accommodation for the lost wolf and begin to build their relationship as a friend. Kangin, the chef that work with him are Leeteuk 's mate.

Although the way of the city work with rules of no pack were to mark any of the city ground, Leeteuk live in a house like pack. Gathering all those who need protection and family including Yesung and Eunhyuk. It was only after Yesung felt brave enough, he move to the Omega apartment just to be more responsible for himself. 

Being that Kangin was a warrior from an old clan, he felt the need to protect both Yesung and Eunhyuk who he treasure the most as a brothers. Of course half of it was Leeteuk who ask him to venture on his favorite world, cooking.

Yesung chuckles as he remembered how Kangin had ask the designer to scratch his idea and made the office right next to the kitchen. Crazy as it seem, Yesung felt grateful for the protection provided by Kangin.

It was then when the cafe slowly gathering another 2 more workers. Zhoumi are a normal werewolf who love to be alone with no bind from any pack and Shindong, the only human being inside the cafe that mated to a werewolf. 

Having them are the best replacement of a family for Yesung. The workers took a good care of each others.

Yesung slump into his chair. It's been so long since he last hanged around inside his own office. He hated the fact he will be left alone so he always busying himself inside the cafe with the others. Meeting new faces everyday helps him with his loneliness. 

A bell chime in from the front door. Knowing it was only Eunhyuk who taken his time to get the stuff from the car.

"Hyung! Why didn't you help me with the stuff!"  Eunhyuk pouting as he had to bring over all the new antiques to be use as the cafe decorations.

"It's not that heavy, Hyukkie. And i thought you could handle them." 

Yesung went over and begin to unpack all the stuff. Staring at the good antique with the look of appreciation. He had alway fall in love the stuff and the story behind it. 

Afterwards, both of them took times to place all the stuff around the shop before Shindong, Zhoumi and Kangin come to finally start the day off.

.
.
.

"Thank you for coming."  

Yeusng manning the cashier. Smiling here and there as a form of service to the customer. 

The bell chimes for the nnth time. Indicating another customer had come in and begin to line up into the queue. 

"May i had your order?" said Yesung as he look up to the next customer. 

"..."

"Sir? Are you okay?" said Yesung as he looking at the stunned man.

A few squeals here and there due to the visual of the stunned man. Brown hazel hair with pale skin. The man had the height Yesung always dream off when he was an Alpha. Cursing himself with the fact that he is now living with omega's body, his body never grow  after the incident.

The said man only stares few more minutes with a wife mouth before leaving the cafe abruptly. 

"What..." Yesung could only stare at the now closed door.

"Wow rude. He didn't order anything Yesungie?" 

Yesung was shook off from his reverie when his loyal customer came to his view.

"Oh noona. I don't know. He just staring and then leave. What a weird person. What can i get for you, noona?" said Yesung. 

"Hemm the usual Yesungie. Hey, maybe that man were shocked by how cute you look? There's a lot of people acting like that after they left your cafe." the said noona are now cracking with laughter. He had known the owner for 2 years and there's a good relationship between customers and sellers. 

"Aish. I'm straight, noona. Why don't you become my girlfriend then?" said Yesung jokingly as he begin to prepare the order. 

"Tsk, if you become my boyfriend, it will be considered weird. I'm so gonna eat you up once you enter my domain~ beside, you don't look straight with that face, Sungie ah!" 

Yesung only pout as he hands the order. Waving his hand to the noona who begin to left after her order.

.

The next few days, same thing happen to him. The same man came and go without ordering anything from his bakery. Leaving him with headache due to the weird attitude of that tall man.

"Oh hyung, that man are so into you!"

Eunhyuk tease the older at their lunch. He had witnessing at least twice of the event and could only laugh as he saw the tall customer standing there with a wide eyes and mouth.

"shut it. Might be some kind of ert too, who knows."

"Aish hyung. But did you feel it? He's an alpha. Who knows my word are coming true. You getting a new mate!"

"Hyuk! Stop daydreaming!  There's no such thing as second mate!"

"Are you saying... I won't get any mate after my mate died?" Eunhyuk frown while slowly getting emotional from his loss.

"No Hyuk! I didn't mean it that way! I'm sorry.  What i want to say is that... Ummm. My ex mate might be still alive and... I don't know... Please don't cry..."

Yesung pull the younger into a hug and apologize for his own words. He know how the younger had been wanting a new person to come to his life but fate wasn't so good for the both of them.

 

 

 

A/N: understand now? What happened to yeye? This is so not top yeye. Not in my eyes lol. Anyway, comment, subscribe and upvote my story if you like it.