I Like You and Me

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Photographs of us are hanging around surrounding the room with candles being the light source.

 

Jisoo puts me down as she hovers her hands over the left and right side of my waist to guide me slowly as we walk together on the rose petals spread over the wooden floor. My eyes will gaze at the photos one by one as she whispers the stories behind every portrait.

 

"Our first date after we officially became girlfriends. Posing for hours in front of the photo booth." I laugh at her for being so extra as I trace my finger over the letters '100 years and more' with a sweet smile on my face.

 

"When I get the courage to hold your hand after I confessed. You knew that I've tried really hard to do that so you captured this photo of our intertwined hands." Giggling nonstop, I take her hand to hold it tightly as I recall the way she asked me to cross the road out of the blue only to use that chance to grab my hand and guided me gently to the other side of the road. Squeezing her hand, I utter teasingly, "I still don't understand how you've kissed me but still been so shy to do this."  

 

Jisoo pouts as she pecks my lips to stop me from teasing her again. "I just...I was so nervous that I could even hear my own rapid heartbeat." I smirk at that as I lean in to whisper closely over her right ear, "You never know, that might be the sound of my heart skipping because of you."

 

Smiling ever so satisfyingly over my words, Jisoo circles her arms around my waist to engulf me in a back hug as she moves us to the other photographs. She would describe them with so much enthusiasm that makes my stomach hurt from laughing too much but only when my eyes land on a particular photo of us that she pauses and takes a deep breath while trying to search for my face, looking for my reactions.

 

"This Photo...How?"

 

"Well, Chaeyoung took it for us. 'Even through the lens, I can still see the love that is being conveyed through Jennie unnie's gaze toward you. So, keep fighting for your love, Jisoo unnie!' That's what she told me when she sent this portrait to me."

 

I blink my eyes several times in order to keep my tears at bay. The way I looked at Jisoo in this photo when she was not looking brings back the pain that I felt back then when we broke up. How my feelings for her were still so strong but I needed to stop myself from falling into her arms. 

 

"Jennie, look at me."

 

Jisoo softly rubs my cheek with her thumb as she leans closely only to kiss me ever so gently like she is touching a fragile flower. "I'm so sorry love, I didn't mean to make you sad. I-"

 

"Sshh...Don't apologize, Chu, it's not your fault. I'm happy to know that you get the chance to see the way I looked at you back then because I totally didn't want to hide it from you. I'm glad and thankful that you know how I was still deeply in love with you despite what happened between us at that time." Giving her a peck on the lips, we smile at each other for God knows how long. 

 

Grabbing her arm, I pull her toward another polaroid that reveals how we smiled ever so widely although with puffy eyes that showed how hard we cried at that time. This successfully makes Jisoo chuckle as I look at the red dress that I wore after we got back together. This time, it is me who describes the story behind this photo, "The day when we say 'I Love You' to each other again after months. Gosh, we really looked like a mess but our faces are glowing with happiness."

 

"I still remember feeling like I was being born again. Having you back in my arms immediately filled up the emptiness in my heart, Jen. I love you."

 

Cupping her face with both of my hands, I look up at her while being so close that I can see my own reflections in her eyes. Uttering softly with all my heart, I close my eyes when her lips found mine for the nth time today.

 

"I love you, too."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter