Hold My Hand Tight

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you going to do now, Jennie unnie?”

 

“What do you mean, Rosie?”

 

“You obviously know that there’s something bothering Jisoo unnie, right?”

 

I turn my head toward the taller woman and look at her with a blank expression for a while, only to focus my attention back toward the garden in front of me.

 

“What do you think about our relationship, Rosie?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Me and Jisoo unnie, the love that we have. When you first knew it, what was the first thing that you feel and think of?”

 

It is her turn to look at me with her usual calm demeanor. I need to know other people’s points of view on us and I know that I can count on her. Rosie always reminds me of honesty and sincerity.

 

“I was quite shocked at first. I took notice of the affection that you guys had but I didn’t expect it to be that deep. But I remember that Lisa didn’t seem startled at all, unnie.”

 

“Oh, really?” Raising my left eyebrow, I am confused about her last statement. Were we that obvious so the main dancer didn’t even bat an eye?

 

Rosie nods her head as she continues to speak out her mind. “Then, I was awed, unnie. I noticed whenever you lock your eyes at Jisoo unnie, your eyes only saw her. Even when she was not looking at you, you wouldn’t take your eyes off her. Instead, you would unconsciously smile contently while giving her your soft and tender gaze.” She rests her hand on my shoulder and pats it gently for a few times.

 

“It warms my heart unnie, to see how much you guys cherish each other. My final thought at that time was I want to help, I want to protect the two of you because we’re sisters. We’re family.”

 

A lone tear successfully escapes through my eyes as I wrap my arms around her shoulders, feeling secured while leaning my body on her taller figure. I cannot measure how much love that I have for my members, but I know that I would do anything to be there for them.

 

Just like how they never leave my side.

 

===

 

“Jisoo unnie.”

 

“Hmm?” I smile widely when Love continuously my fingers as I use my other hand to pat his head.

 

“Seriously, why do you come here ever so suddenly?”

 

“I want to play with Love more, Lali. In years to come, he’s going to grow into a really huge dog, then I’d be scared to even touch him.” I hug the puppy closer, not wanting to let go as I pout like a kid.

 

“Aigoo, Jisoo-yah.” Lisa can’t help but rumbles my hair while putting on her infamous smirk. “You’re such a baby, unnie.”

 

“I’m the fake maknae anyway!” I stuck out my tongue at her childishly while attacking Love with small kisses on top of his head.

 

“Yeah, but a strong and gentle woman when it comes to Jennie unnie.”

 

Blinking a few times, I lower my gaze to the floor, looking at the wooden tiles gloomily. “You really think so?”

 

“Of course! You are always ready to protect her, to keep her safe, and to comfort her.” Lisa touches my arm to pull me toward her so that my head is leaning against her shoulder. “Now, can you finally tell me what’s going on, Jisoo unnie?”

 

“I don’t know what I should do anymore, Lisa.” Caressing the puppy’s back gently, I can feel him starting to fall asleep. Then, with a softer voice, I continue, “Lately, I’ve tried my best to talk to dad again after all these years, about me and Jennie. But, it’s the same, or even worse than before. He didn’t even want to look at me now. I think he hates me.”

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Knowing your dad, I believe that he loves you so much, unnie. He’d never hate you. You’ve even given him so much time to grasp about this. For years.” Lisa rubs my head soothingly to help me relax.

 

“So, keep on trying, unnie. Try to approach him slowly, take your baby steps. But don’t ever give up, Jisoo-yah.” I nod my head while circling my right arm around her shoulders, squeezing her gently. “Thank you, Lisa-yah.”

 

“Anything for you. Does Jennie unnie know this?”

 

Nodding my head again, I utter sadly, “She is always there to comfort me, but I know that she also feels concerned about this.”

 

“I believe she is trying to find ways to help you unnie, that’s the Jennie that I know.”

 

Closing my eyes while taking a deep breath, those pair of Jennie’s worried brown orbs show up in my head. “I know, that’s why I don’t want to burden her more, Lisa.”

 

Lisa sighs as if she disagrees with me. After a couple seconds of silence, she breaks it with her voice that sounds serious. “Do you still remember that night, when we both collapse on the studio floor, trying to catch our breath after a never-ending practice?”

 

I hum and nod my head. Of course.

 

“Lisa-yah.”

 

“Yes, unnie?”

 

“I’m in love.”

 

Lisa immediately jumped to a sitting position as she stared at my face with wide eyes while screaming on top of her lungs. “What?!”

 

“I’m in love.” I repeated what I just said.

 

“With who? When? How?” The way she flailed her arms everywhere made me chuckle in amusement.

 

“With Jendeukie. Since the first time I saw her. I fell for her beauty, inside and out.”

 

The way that I nonchalantly answered her must have shocked her so much that she just froze, with opened wide.

 

I waved my hand back and forth over her face to wake her up and the only thing that she said after that was, “Perfect.”

 

It was my turn to look at her in confusion as Lisa finally tried to come to her senses by shaking her head repeatedly. “I tried to picture you guys together and all I can see is perfection, unnie.”

 

Blinking my eyes for a few times, I looked all over her face to read her mind but I found nothing. “You’re not startled tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter