Truly Falling

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing here in her favorite dress, I look at her. 

 

The corner of my lips automatically moves to form a smile with my gaze landing on the beauty in front of me as I wait for a moment before she gradually opens both of her mesmerizing eyes. 

 

She seemed so stunned to see me here but I believe she noticed my nervousness as I even felt my legs shaking. 

 

"You can do it, unnie. Show your true self and shower her with love, like what she deserves." With a pat on my shoulder, Chahee leaves us here as I thank her encouragement with grateful eyes.

 

Shifting my gaze to my loved one, I suddenly feel so emotional that I feel like I choked on my own words. Taking a deep breath, I move closer as I yearn to touch her, to feel her rapid heartbeat over my own.

 

Reaching out for her hand, the surge of warmth fills my entire body when I feel her soft touch over my skin. Closing my eyes for a split second, I open them again to gaze deeply into her brown orbs that always have the power to calm me down.

 

"Jennie, I want to say something to you." At that moment, I see the way her eyes are glistening with sparks and her gummy smile that I love so much.

 

"You know, when I look at you right now, my mind just can't stop replaying that time when I first confessed my feelings to you. The way you look at me with tenderness and endearment makes me want to hold you forever and never let go."

 

Biting my bottom lip, I raise my left hand to slip her hair behind her ear as I continue to utter softly, "These past years haven't been easy, we've been through a lot of ups and downs together, we even needed to be apart from each other that broke us deeply although we came back together even stronger than before. You've taken so much part in me, Jennie, and I can see you staying in my life with me in the long, long future. Saranghae, Jennie Kim."

 

Not wasting any second, I lean in to capture her lips in a gentle kiss while caressing her cheek softly. And that's when I feel her tears land on my finger that makes me peck her lips one more time before leaning back so I can look at her face. "Jendeukie, why are you cry-"

 

"Nado saranghae, Kim Jisoo." She moves closer to kiss my forehead and stays there for a moment, before moving back so I can wipe her tears away with my kisses that make her giggle adorably. I smile back at her when her gummy smile reappears again as I sigh in contentment, "Care for a dance?"
 

"Hmm?" She seems startled by my sudden question as I chuckle and take off my heels while also helping her to get out of hers. Then, I slightly bend down while holding out my right hand for her to take. "You look so beautiful tonight with that dress, my lady. May I have the honor to ask you for a dance?"    

 

Once again, her melodious giggles fill in the space as she utters her first "Yes" to me tonight. Smiling widely, I pull her toward me by her waist which also results in bringing her face so close to mine that successfully halts our breath because of this sudden close proximity. I gulp as I can even feel her heart beating rapidly against mine. Slowly, I let my eyes wander over her gorgeous face as I start to sing the first line of the song,

 

"I found a love, for me. Darling just dive right in, follow my lead."

 

Guiding her to move along to the song, I keep singing with a smile on my face, feeling so grateful that I can convey my affection towards her in a different way.

 

"Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time."

 

Leaning my forehead against hers, I gently rub my nose over her cute button ones. Soon, she follows me to sing along while occasionally brushing her lips on mine.

 

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, singing to our favorite song."

 

I smile when she changed the lyrics as I twirl her body around only to give her a warm back hug as our bodies are slowly swaying together.

 

"Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams, I hope that someday, I'll share her home."

 

Tracing my finger over her chin, I tilt her head gently so I can look at her who is gazing back at me with the same softness in her eyes.

 

"I  found a love, to carry more than just my secrets. To carry love, to carry children of our own."

 

Feeling her intertwine our fingers together, I smile widely and squeeze them gently while bringing them to my lips for a kiss. 

 

"Darling, just hold my hand. Be my girl, I'll be your woman. I see my future in your eyes. 

 

Closing my eyes, I can feel myself shuddering because of how perfect our voices are blending together, how she fits just right in my arms, and how we move in sync over the melody. My heart just feels so full right now as for the nth time, I fall even deeper in love with my soulmate.

 

"I have faith in what I see, now I know I have met an angel in person, she looks perfect. I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight."

 

We finish the song with Jennie doing another twirl as I quickly retrieve the small red ring box from my long dress pocket with her back against me. The moment she turns over to face me, I am already getting down on my knees with the ring being shown completely to her. Gradually, those words that seem to come from deep inside my heart, are being spoken clearly only for her to hear.

 

"Jennie Kim, will you marry me?"

 

===

 

The moment she asked me to marry her, I feel like it is such a sweet dream that I do not want to wake up from. She incredibly surprised me as I was clearly positive that this was only a birthday surprise but as always, she is way out of expectation. I keep on replaying her loving gaze, her melodious voice, and how the ring is literally reflecting the moonlight that is shining over us. I do not waste any second as I feel my body move from its own, following my own heart.

 

Bending down with her and intertwining our fingers, I let out my answer with happy tears shining through my brown orbs, "Oh my God, yes! It's always a yes! I will marry you, Jisoo. I love you so much."

 

"Gosh, Jennie. I love you more." Seeing Jisoo glistening her face with her own happy tears makes me feel so touched that I kiss her tears away over and over again. "Hmm, I love you ten billion times more."

 

Jisoo chuckles at that as she goes on, "I love you more than the number of galaxies in this universe."

 

"Well, I love you, I love you and I love you! No one can top that!" Scrunching my nose at her while pouting, I make her laugh as she leans in to kiss me slowly and gently on my lips. With one last peck, she whispers right beside my ear which makes me shudder all over, "I've loved you, truly in love with you right now, and will always love you with all my heart, Jennie Kim."

 

Leaning back, Jisoo ret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter