Like A Lullaby

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi sat on the small sofa leaning on the armrest while Ria sat on the other end with her feet curled under her.  He took a quick glance at her as she munched on some popcorn handing him the bowl.  They had been watching a movie together.  He felt warm and cozy in his new pajamas thanks to her.  Everything about this place felt good.  Even school had been tolerable.

Today they had walked to her job to pick up her paycheck.  She was lucky to work at the local movie theater and got to see any movie for free.  Yoongi looked up at the posters longingly.  He loved movies but hadn't seen any in a while.  She noticed and promised to bring him along when she worked so he could see one.  After they cashed the check, she insisted on buying him some things, like underwear, socks, and pajamas.  When they got home dinner was ready and their mom made him feel so welcome he nearly cried.  She had bought a bunk bed so he could stay with them.  He suddenly thought, 'How am I this lucky?'

"What do you want to do now?" She asked after they cleaned up.

Yoongi thought about what she might like to do but he had no idea.  He shrugged his shoulders.

"How about we watch a movie?" She suggested.

Yoongi smiled thinking this was a great idea. "Sure!"

"Let's make some popcorn."

When the movie was over he thanked her and said good night as he made his way to her brother's room.  He sat in his new bed thinking how blessed he was to be fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter