Easy Like A Day

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Thing About Us

The next day Ria and Dawon decided the right thing to do would be to take Yoongi to school with them.  He agreed to go not wanting to leave their side since they made him feel safe and happy.  He shyly accepted her brother's school uniform and stared at his reflection, stress clearly shown in his eyes.  He hadn't been to school for a long time.  He wondered how he would be received by the other students.  Would they be nice like his new friends or cruel as he had experienced previously?  He also wondered if the staff would accept him or turn him away.  His legs shook as he came downstairs for breakfast.  

He felt comfortable and reassured in the tiny kitchen full of love and yummy smells. Ria heated the food her mom had brought from the restaurant but he still could barely eat because of his nerves. As the others ate, Yoongi stared at the steam rising from his cup his mind finding peace in the simple act of sharing a meal.

 

Their mom was very sweet and hugged them before they left for school.  Yoongi stood there thinking she would only hug her kids but she saved the biggest hug for him.  He struggled to keep his emotions under wraps since he wasn't used to such loving treatment.  

 

Before they could leave, Ria motioned for them to wait as she ran back in. 

"Mom, there's something I need to ask you."

"Oh baby, not another cat, we have four," her mom said washing the dishes.

"No, no. It's not a cat.  It's a boy," Ria giggled cause she remembered calling him 'kitten.'

"Dawon's new friend?"

"How did you guess?"

"He has a lost look in his eyes."

"I heard him cry in his sleep. I haven't ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter