Don't Pull Away

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ria made her way up the stairs to tell the boys that breakfast will be ready in 5 min.  As she approached their room she heard them speaking.

"Come down. Breakfast is ready!"  She said pausing to see if they had heard.

"Okay!" She heard them yell through the door.

As she turned to go back down, she stopped dead in her tracks.  She could not believe her ears.

"She likes you." Her brother said.

"No way!"

"Yes, she does!" Dawon insisted.

"No, she doesn't. We're best friends but I don't like her that way so stop teasing me," Yoongi glared at Dawon.  It wasn't helping his mood having to deny his feelings for her. " You don't have to worry.  We don't like each other that way.  You can ask her yourself."  It hurt Yoongi to say it but it was her that told him they were just friends.  He had to respect that.

"Whatever dude, you're delusional."

"No, you are.  If you haven't noticed, she has a block-headed boyfriend that's an annoying bully.  How she can love him I can't understand,"  He said shaking his head.

"You sound jealous to me."

 ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Ria went down quickly so they wouldn't catch her eavesdropping.  She felt heartbroken by his words. After all, she's done for him.  Why couldn't he like her just a little?  The magic she felt around him, the love that she felt was turning to nothing.  Any secret hope she had that he might like her vanished like the lyrics of a love song that you can't seem to remember.

"Sis, what's wrong?" Her brother asked seeing her sad little face.

"Nothing. Let's eat."  She certainly didn't want to say in front of Yoongi.

While they ate she couldn't make eye contact with Yoongi, but he didn't seem to notice as he pushed his food around his plate.  He didn't have much appetite since he started feeling depressed and sorry for himself.  Soon Jay was at the door ready to walk Ria to school.  He had suddenly started paying more attention to her since he found out Yoongi lived with them.  The cocky boy's presence making Yoongi more annoyed than ever, Yoongi couldn't hide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter