Whisper of Hope

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The endless days all merged together so that I had lost count for how long I had been in this nightmare.  It was a depressing thought and at times I felt like I was losing my mind.  Afraid to do anything, I jumped at the slightest of sounds.  At the very least I wasn't alone but her sadness ripped my heart.  All this time together sharing our misery brought us closer together but we had to find a way out. 

She was listless and withdrawn so I tried to get her attention as we whiled away the hours. 

"Yuri," I called to her with no response. She stared blankly at me and for a moment I could see into her that she had lost all hope.  At that moment I felt a crushing blow of realization that it was up to me to do something.  She was depending on me and I was useless.

"Yuri!" I tried to make her laugh acting silly.  I started dancing ty like the girls in the bar. When she finally smiled, a very faint smile, more to humor me than anything else, I put on the charm.

"Stop!" She wined in a soft but clear voice.

"No, I have to teach you to dance good," he said dancing so terribly she had to laugh.

"You'll never get tips if you don't know how to dance y like me, " he batted his eyelashes while putting both hands under his chin, wiggling his hips in a comical way.

I pulled her hand making her stand up and started dancing with her.  She humored me a little but suddenly stopped.  It was getting dark and the only light in the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter