Captive

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air in the room was icy and stale and all Yoongi could hear was the base of the music they were playing in the bar downstairs adding to his pounding headache.  Yoongi's head hung low not just out of depression and resignation but by necessity it being the only way he could relax tied to a chair.  Yoongi had refused a request by a customer and he was punished yet again.  He wasn't just restrained, he was beaten, and there would be no food or comfort tonight.  Yoongi closed his eyes again escaping in his mind to the loving arms of the girl he loves.  "She's thinking of me. I know this," he whispered to no one but himself.  

The tranquility he was able to conjure in his mind was shattered with a cry and the loud bang of the door being closed.   He looked up to see a thin girl pushed into his room her face hidden by messy hair.  She gets up off the floor where she had been thrown like yesterday's garbage and staggers over to him.  She kneels and clings to him wrapping her arms around his neck as if they weren't total strangers who were forced to be here both of them slaves to their captor.  

In him, she saw her only chance of staying sane.  He had escaped before and maybe there was a small chance he would do the same and bring her with him.  She clung to him and to that hope looking tenderly up at him as she moved the hair from his face.  And how pretty his face was.  Even with the bruises that were now fading to a light purple, his gentle features were striking.  She loved the curve of his doll lips and his eyes that could look cold but were so sweet when he gazed at her.  

"Yoongi," she said in a low voice. 

"Yes, it's me. It's going to be alright."

She struggled to untie him with shaky fingers finally fre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter