Fearful Child

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Are Young

╔═════════════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ════════════╗

"Fearful child, have faith in brighter days
Stay home 'til this darkness fades away
Lie still beside me
I'll hold you now, I'll hold you forever"  -Keane  

╚═════════════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ════════════╝

After they ate and cleaned up, they went back upstairs to look for a smaller pair of jeans.  Yoongi kept stealing glances at the sweet girl.  He was distrustful of other people, it was no wonder with all the bad experiences he had had in his life.  How could someone be so trusting and naive?  She shouldn't welcome a stranger into her house but how could he tell her that when she was being so kind and he needed her help.  There was no reason to refuse her help, after all, he wasn't going to hurt her.  While they searched in her brother's messy room.  Yoongi picked up a PlayStation from the floor and put it on the desk.  

"I had one of these," he said almost to himself.

"Had?"

"I sold it." 

She nodded her head understanding his life must have been very different before he became homeless, but how did he become homeless.  She wanted to ask but thought it would be best for him to bring it up.

"I can help you clean up if you want?" He said.

"Look!  These skinny jeans might fit you.  They are too tight on my brother."

"Are you sure it's okay?"  He didn't want the brother to be mad and kick him out.  He needed this reprieve from being on the streets.

Yes, of course, they don't fit him. Oh, he's coming. Don't worry." She added when he looked panicked. "You're my friend."

"Am I?" He said clearly surprised.

"Yes," she said matter of factly.

Her brother walks in his room surprised to find them there. "Hey."

"Hey,"  Yoongi answered.  Yoongi thought he had a kind face. I hope he'll be my friend.

"Dawon, this is my friend, Yoongi.  He's going to stay with us cause he doesn't have a place to go today.  If mom asks, tell her he's our friend from school."  

"Sure," Dawon said shrugging and throwing himself on his bed curious about this stranger in his room.

"I took some of your clothes, okay?"

"I don't mind.  It's fine," he keeps looking at Yoongi making the smaller boy nervous.

"Thanks. Can he play with your PlayStation while I shower?"

"It's okay, you don't have to ...," Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter