Last Hope

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I promised my mother, I kept my walk confined to our neighborhood.  The air was chilly so I slipped on my jacket remembering the day I met him, by the spot where I first met Yoongi.  I was desperate to see him again, to feel his love. Passing by all the familiar places I had been with Yoongi, how could I not think about him.  I couldn't count how many times I had cried at this spot.  Once again I felt close to despair, wondering what happened to him.  'He couldn't have left me,' I thought.  'He was taken from me.'  

I kept walking slipping into the laundromat to get a soda from the vending machine.

"Hey, beautiful. What are you doing here?" Jay said walking up to me.

Ria's eyes looked up towards the familiar voice.  "Just waiting for some laundry," she lied.

"Can I wait with you?"

I shook my head looking at the floor. "I'm not good company today.  I would prefer to be alone."

"Come on Ria, you're always alone." He pleaded, "Not even with me? I'm your boyfriend."

I look up at his face. "About that." I paused wondering how to tell him. "I appreciate all you've done for me but I can't pretend we are a couple anymore."

"Go home, Ria.  You are exhausted.  We can talk about it tomorrow."

"No, let's just end it here.  Please give me space," I look at his sad eyes and return my gaze to the floor.

"Okay, if that's what you want but I'm scared for you.  No matter what I'm here for you, okay?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter