Chapter 2 - Don't Ask Me Again

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung entered the private dining room the server at Sushi Chohi had shown him, Jisoo’s father, Kim Nam Gil was already seated at the head of the table.

 

 

“Jisoo Abeonim.” Taehyung bowed,  “Jisoo is not here yet?”

 

“She said she’s running late.” Kim Nam Gil waved Taehyung over and signaled him to take a seat. “Jal jinae?”

 

“Ne, I’m fine.” Taehyung responded before taking a seat next to the older man.

 

“How is your art exhibition going?” Jisoo’s father asked,

 

“It’s going smoothly,” Taehyung answered, pouring a drink for his future father-in-law.  “Thank you for introducing your lawyer to me by the way.” He said, referring to the lawyer who was incharge of making sure his art curator would not leak his identity.    

 

Kim Nam Gil took a sip of his tea and smiled after. “I understood the reason why you want to keep your face hidden. Your family’s safety is my daughter’s safety too. So you don’t have to thank me for that.”

 

Taehyung bowed his head in gratitude nonetheless. After everything Taehyung had been through in the last five years to ensure he has the means to support a family, the older man had finally given Taehyung and Jisoo the blessings to get married and he’ll be sure not to take it for granted. “I promise I won’t ever let Jisoo get in harm’s way.”

 

Just then the paper door slid open and Jisoo rushed in. “I’m sorry I’m late.” She apologised . “There was an unscheduled meeting earlier on and I couldn’t send him away.”

 

Taehyung stood up and pulled a chair out for Jisoo. Once she was seated, he sat back down. “Who was it?” Taehyung asked.

 

“A representative from Wang Hotel in Hong Kong.” Jisoo explained, taking off her blazer and hung it behind her chair.

 

“Wang Hotel?” Kim Nam Gil looked intrigued. “They’re one of our biggest investors. Who exactly came today?”

 

“Someone name Jackson.” Jisoo responded before picking up a cup of tea.

 

“Jackson? Where have I heard that name from?” Kim Nam Gil steepled his fingers and think. “Ah! Jackson Wang! The son of the CEO from Wang Conglomerate.”

 

Jisoo choked on her tea and coughed. “H-he’s the son?!”

 

Taehyung pat Jisoo’s back as she continued coughing. “What’s wrong?” He asked, curious from Jisoo’s reaction.

 

“It’s just that I...” Jisoo eyed her father’s concerned gaze. “Nothing. Nothing is wrong.” She decided to say. How can she tell her father that she might have just ruined the chance of partnering up with Wang Hotel?

 

Her father had taken a lot of criticism from Kim Enterprise’s board of directors when he announced that he was stepping down early and entrusting his young daughter in his place. They don’t believe Jisoo has the experience, knowledge and was too weak to lead a company. Despite the objections, her father remained firm with his decision.

 

For the past two years as the CEO, every directors’ eyes were on Jisoo, waiting for her to make a mistake so that they could prove her father wrong.

 

And this time, the directors might just be right.

 

“Jisoo-ah. Gwenchana?” Kim Nam Gil asked, seeing his daughter bit her lips anxiously.

 

“Hm?” Jisoo snapped out from her thoughts. “Yeah yeah... let’s eat.” She gave a forced smile, hoping to steer the conversation into a different direction while she think of a solution.

 

Jisoo’s father seemed convinced but Taehyung knew there was something bothering her. Not wanting to bring it up in front of Jisoo’s father, he decided to ask her after lunch instead.


 

Once the food finally arrived, the three of them began eating.

 

“Are all the wedding preparation done?” Kim Nam Gil asked in between bites.

 

“Everything is almost done.” Jisoo replied, a genuine smile adorned her face this time. She  can’t believe that in another month, she will officially be Kim Taehyung’s wife. “The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter