Chapter 5 - Chained Rings

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After showing Jackson for a good four hours on how the Sachi Hotel operates, Jisoo led him back to the lobby.

 

“So that concludes our tour. Any question?” Jisoo asked brusquely as she turned, causing Jackson to almost bump into her.

 

Thankfully, Jackson reacted fast enough and avoided head-butting her.

 

“No. Not at this moment at least.” Jackson chuckled at how rigid Jisoo was. Throughout the tour, he had tried to make jokes along the way, hoping to make Jisoo less formal. But the woman simply gave him polite smiles and brushed him off before continuing to explain the mechanics of the hotel.

 

“Well then.” Jisoo gave him another one of her polite smiles, a smile she had perfected to use in business meetings. “If you think of any questions, feel free to email me.”

 

“Email?” Jackson frowned. “You don’t think we’ve reached the point where we should exchange numbers? I mean i’m impressed with your hotel, Jisoo-shi. If I were to proceed with this collaboration, I think calling you would be more effective for future...discussions. ”

 

Jisoo hesitated for a moment. It wasn’t uncommon when her clients ask for her number. But something tells her that Jackson was interested in something more than just business. However, seeing as Jackson had given her the chance she needed, she didn’t had any room to be picky.

 

“Sure.” Jisoo said stiffy, handing him her business card she took from her bag.

 

“Great.” Jackson snatched the small paper card from her before she could change her mind. “So how about lunch?”

 

Jisoo shook her head. “I don’t think that’s a good i--”

 

“Why not?” Jackson interrupted.

 

“Jackson-shi...”

 

“You must be hungry after all that talking right?”

 

Yes. “No.” As if on cue, Jisoo’s stomach grumbled, much to her dismay. How could her body betray her at a time like this?

 

Jackson’s eyes flicked to her abdomen before it returned back to her face. A smug look accompanied his features this time. “Oh come on. Treat it as a business lunch then.”

 

Jisoo bit her lips, contemplating. She suppose she could survive one more hour with this stubborn guy standing before her. Plus she really needs to get on his good side.

 

Sighing through her nose, Jisoo relented. “Lead the way.”

 

 

“That was delicious wasn’t it?” Jackson commented after eating at a Chinese Restaurant he had brought her to.

 

“It was. But you should have let me pay.” Jisoo frowned. He was after all her client and that's how a business lunch work. But then again, he did not asked her anything about her company throughout their lunch. She might be overreacting, but Jackson paying made it feel like it was a date.

 

“It was nothing.” Jackson waved his hand dismissively. “You can pay next time.”

 

Next time?

 

Jisoo had to resist a grimace. But if that's what makes him keen on working with Kim Enterprise, so be it. For the sake of her company, she could withstand a few more uncomfortable meals.”Sure. So about our collaboration…”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Jac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter