Chapter 10

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung rode the lift to the 27th floor of the building where Korea's Allure magazine operates. He double checks the freshly printed photos he took that his editor-in-chief had asked for yesterday. 

 

The elevator dinged as it opens to reveal a bustling work space. Taehyung maneuvered his way to the corner office where he knew his friend was waiting for him. He knocked on the door twice before he heard a voice.

 

"Come in."

 

Taehyung entered the office and gave his good friend a smile. "Namjoon hyung, how are you?"

 

 

Kim Namjoon was a senior in Taehyung's high school photography club and also the editor-in-chief of Allure Magazine. They had gotten closer ever since Taehyung  joined the company as a freelance photographer four years ago. 

 

"Taehyung-ah! I'm good. Sorry for asking your help at the last minute. I know you must be busy for your wedding."

 

"Gwaenchanha." Taehyung suddenly felt guilty for not being there for the wedding preparations but was instead stuck in his workroom with the paintings. He might have rejected his Sunbae's task too but luckily, he had a few old photos on his camera roll that suits Namjoon's requirement. Speaking of which, Taehyung had just thought of a way to help Jisoo.

 

"Namjoon hyung, do you think you can be the photographer at my wedding?" He asked sheepishly. "It's okay if you don't want to since you're a guest an--"

 

"Of course I will help you pabo-yah!" Namjoon laughed. "This will be my wedding gift to you."

 

"Jinjja? Gomawo Hyung." Taehyung bowed his head, relieved that he had at least done something for the wedding, no matter how small. "I'll repay you back soon." Maybe he could give his senior tickets to V's second exhibition tomorrow. Namjoon had once told him he was a big fan of his other identity. 

 

"By the way, Hyung, did you go for V's exhibition last week?" Thinking back, he hadn't seen Namjoon there even though the older man had expressed his interest in attending.

 

Namjoon's face turned sour. "That arrogant jerk? I'm not going to bother with his work anymore."

 

"Arrogant?" Taehyung tried to hide his discomfort with a poker face. "What exactly did V do?"

 

"Apparently you have to earn a certain amount before you can buy his tickets! They'll do a background check on you and all that." Namjoon shook his head in disgust. "I visited their venue website but couldn't find the link. So I did some research and found out that they hired GlobalTickets as their distributor. I decided to purchase the tickets by calling the hotline but I was rejected! It was humiliating. That V thinks he's Picasso or something after having one exhibition."

 

Taehyung felt his mouth went dry. Everything his Sunbae had just said didn't make any sense to him. Background checks? No website link? Then how the hell did those people at his exhibition got the tickets? 

 

“Taehyung-ah, you okay? You look a little ill there.” Namjoon leaned over his desk from where he was seated.

 

"Hm? Oh....yeah. I...uh...I got to go." Taehyung muttered, still in a daze. There's something seriously messed up with his own exhibition's ticketing system and he needs to get to the bottom of it before it happens again tomorrow. 

 

 

Taehyung waited anxiously as the other line droned continuously. He had been sitting on his stool, staring at his last unfinished portrait and thinking about what his friend Namjoon had said earlier that morning before he finally decided that the best way to solve this misunderstanding was to get a ticket himself.

 

He had contemplated if he should just call Min Jinah herself since she was in charge of the tickets but his guts told him otherwise. Instead, he called the distribution company for the tickets directly.

 

"This is GlobalTickets Korea speaking. How can I assist you?"

 

Taehyung stood up once his call got connected. "Hi. I would like to purchase one ticket for V's exhibition tomorrow please."

 

"Please give me a moment while I redirect you to another line."

 

"Another line? For what pur--" Before Taehyung could enquire more, the line beeped and a soft instrumental music filled his ears. An excruciatingly long minute passed before the music abruptly ended and a different female voice cut in.

 

"Good evening."

 

"Good evening, I would like to purchase one ticket for V's exhibition tomorrow please." Taehyung repeated exasperatedly, massaging the bridge of his nose.

 

"Can I have your name and I.D number?" The female voice sounded stiff, almost as if he was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter