Chapter 4- Stronger

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jisoo walked through the automated doors as she exited the Kim Enterprise building only to see that Taehyung was already there waiting for her. He was leaning against his car that was parked alongside the road in front of her company.

 

“Am I late?” Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows.

 

Taehyung shook his head with a small smile as he pushed himself off his car and opened the door on the passenger’s side. “Aniyo. I’m just early.”

 

After Jisoo was seated and Taehyung returned back behind the wheel, he began driving away.

 

The both of them remained silent, only the sound of the radio informing them that there was a traffic jam somewhere along Myeong-dong. Jisoo was watching the trees pass by when she noticed Taehyung driving away from her home.

 

“Where are we going?” Jisoo tried to read the street signs outside.

 

Taehyung looked at her from the corner of his eyes with a mischievous glint in them. “You’ll see.”

 

Jisoo attempted to guess where on Earth was Taehyung bringing her but when he turned into the Han River carpark, she got her answer.

 

Jisoo laughed as Taehyung pushed his gear to park and unfastened his seatbelt. “Taehyung-ah, don’t tell me we’re--”

 

“Shhh.” Taehyung signalled her to get out of the car before he did the same. “Come on.”

 

Jisoo allowed Taehyung to pull her by the hand as they walked through the park along the Han River. The sky was already starting to get dark. Only a few people walking and jogging were seen.

 

“Look at that.” Taehyung said, sounding relieved. “I was afraid the bench would be occupied.”

 

Taehyung had brought Jisoo to a park bench. But of course it wasn’t just an ordinary park bench to them. It was the exact bench that Taehyung had painted as a student and the very painting that brought them closer to each other.

 

Even though Jisoo had more or less figured out where Taehyung wanted to bring her, the familiar sight had brought a sense of nostalgia to her.

 

“What are we doing here?” Jisoo asked as she and Taehyung sat down.

 

Taehyung shrugged. “It’s been a while since the last time we came here.” He said, thinking it would be symbolic to sit there as an unmarried couple for the last time.

 

Jisoo nodded after hearing his reason. It was true. With their jobs taking up a lot of their time, the only time they get to see each other was over meals for the past few months. The trip to Busan was their chance to get away but unfortunately their jobs got in the way again.

 

With that thought, Jisoo remembered the real reason why they were there. They were suppose to resolve the argument they had in the afternoon. Sparing a glance at Taehyung who was mindlessly admiring the view, Jisoo noted how Taehyung did not brought the topic up the whole time as if he was waiting for her to let it all out herself.

 

“Taehyung-ah...” Jisoo called softly, fiddling with her fingers awkwardly.

 

“Hm?” Taehyung turned his head to look at her.

 

“About this afternoon.” Jisoo began. “I’m sorry for raising my voice at you. I shouldn't have taken out my anger on you like that just because of my problems at work.”

 

Jisoo waited for Taehyung to say something but all he did was placed his right elbow on his lap and rested his chin on his palm as he stared at her.

 

Taehyung was actually processing Jisoo’s last sentence. Who was making his Jisoo angry? When it seems like Jisoo wasn’t going to elaborate more on that part, he finally asked. “What’s going on at work?”

 

Jisoo let out a long sigh. She doesn’t want to play the blaming game with him again. “It’s just a meeting gone wrong. But I got it all under control now.” She said instead and she meant it. Atleast she hopes she got it under control. Now if only Jackson would reply her email!

 

“You sure?” Taehyung raised at eyebrow. “I mean I don’t know much about the business industry bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter