chapter 7 - Surprise

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo had just found out that Taehyung’s exhibition was basically an event for the rich to feel special about themselves. Common working folks were not allowed there.

 

Was she angry at Taehyung? No. She shouldn’t be. It is after all business and she out of all people should understand that in business, profit maximisation is the top priority as long as it does not harm anyone or at least it’s within the legal boundaries.

 

That doesn’t stop her from feeling disappointed though. She’d like to think that she knows her husband-to-be well. But this...this doesn’t seem like Taehyung.

 

Suddenly, a loud commotion interrupted her thoughts as people started gathering around V.

 

“Looks like V is finally done talking to the reporters.” Jackson looked curiously at the crowd who all wanted to get a chance to talk to him. “Do you want to say hi to him? Maybe get an autograph? It might be worth a fortune.”

 

Jisoo watched as two ladies clinged onto Taehyung’s arm from each side as a photographer took a picture for them. Their bodies pressed against Taehyung a little too close for her liking. “Nah, he seems too busy.” When Jisoo saw the look of disappointment on Jackson’s face, she quickly added. “But go ahead if you want to. I’ll just take a look around.”

 

Jackson’s face lit up. “You sure?”

 

“Positive.”

 

Once Jackson left her to join the queue of V’s adoring fans, Jisoo finally got a chance to look around the room. With most people gathered around V, the other parts of the room were clear for her to see all of Taehyung’s work.

 

The first that got her attention was a picture of a green meadow. Tiny splashes of white, purple and green representing flowers blooming in spring. At the bottom of the painting, there was a rectangular plaque. On it was the name of the painting; Free At Last.

 

Jisoo spent the next fifteen minutes just minding herself in her own bubble as she admired the other paintings. Despite being busy as a CEO, Jisoo had not given up on art. She still managed to keep up with her passion even though time was much more limited now.

 

A painting of a little girl smiling with her two front teeth missing made Jisoo laugh. She knew exactly who the inspiration was from. Looking down, she read the name of the painting; Brat.

 

Shaking her head in amusement, Jisoo moved onto the next painting. Her breath instantly hitched when she realised who it was.

 

At the bottom of the painting, written on the bronze plaque it says; Surprise.

 

Jisoo placed a hand over , feeling blessed. Her heart swelled with pride.

 

This was what Taehyung was talking about. He’d told her that he had prepared a surprise  for her when they had the talk along the Han River a week ago. But she didn’t thought he would display a painting of her.

 

“Pretty isn’t she?”

 

Jisoo turned her head to see the woman who she assumed was Taehyung’s art manager. He had talked about her a couple of times to Jisoo but she had never met her.

 

When the woman noticed Jisoo’s silence, she finally looked at her before she gasped. “Oh my god, you look just like the girl in this painting!” Her eyes kept darting back and forth.

 

It was then Jisoo wished she hadn’t tied her hair back. Maybe if she hadn’t, her hair could have covered her face! “It’s an amazing coincidence.” She played it off cooly. Now that she thought of it, why did Taehyung showcased a painting of her in a public event!

 

“The resemblance is uncanny.” The woman started sounding unsure before she plastered on a smile. “Are you interested to bid on it?”

 

“Errr...” Jisoo had momentarily forgotten the fact that all the paintings were for sale. The thought of her own face hanging on a stranger’s wall irked her. “How much is the highest bid so far?”

 

“Let me check it for you.” She raised the ipad that she was holding all this time and typed in a few words. Her forehead creased as she read what was on the screen. “It appears that this painting is not for sale. Infact, it is the only painting that V had restrict us from selling.”

 

“That’s...unfortunate.” Inside, Jisoo was relieved.

 

“Not to worry. I could recommend you other paintings Miss…” She raised her eyebrows expectantly.

 

“Jisoo. Kim Jisoo.”

 

The woman gasped for the second time. “Kim Jisoo from Kim Enterprise?”

 

Jisoo rubbed her forearm uncomfortably. Jisoo’s full name was common in Korea. Hundreds of people share her name. The fact that her first guess was accurate proved that this event was indeed for the privileged. “Ne.”

 

“Wow...it is such a pleasure to meet you. I’m Min Jin Ah, V’s art curator and also his manager.” Her eyes glinted, exposing her interest towards Jisoo’s title. “I didn’t know Kim Enterprise’s new CEO was this young. I’ve only read about you on the news but your picture was always not included.”

 

“I prefer to keep my life...well, private.” Jisoo shrugged. If people had googled her, she was sure there would at least be five pictures of her online. But other than that, majority of the public does not know how she looks like. Suho had been the face of the company ever since she took over the reign. If there were any press conferences, Suho would be the one attending on behalf of her. But if there was ever a need for the CEO herself to attend one of those functions, of course she would take the responsibility. But until that day comes, she was happy to be away from the spotlight.

 

“Then you must be uncomfortable with all those cameras here tonight.” Min Jin Ah glanced back at Taehyung who was still taking pictures with his fans.

 

“Not at all. As long as the reporters are not here for me, I’m fine with it.”

 

“That’s great to hear. I wouldn't want our VIPs to feel uneasy.”

 

“VIP?”

 

“Of course you are our VIP!” Jin Ah playfully nudged her with her shoulder as if they were long time friends. “You’re the CEO of one of the biggest company in Korea!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter