Chapter 3 - I'll Fix This

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Kim Jisoo... Don’t ask me to leave again.” Taehyung pleaded, standing in the middle of a carpark, trying to stop Jisoo from leaving when they were in the middle of an argument. “If there’s another reason why you’re upset then tell me. Let’s talk about it now.”

 

Jisoo shook her head. “Taehyung, I really need to go. I have an important meeting in an hour.” It was the truth. If the meeting wasn’t so important, she might have postponed it to talk things out with him. But unfortunately, the meeting consist of all the board of directors. She could imagine all the nasty things they’ll say about her if she showed up late.

 

Taehyung sighed. “Gurae. But this conversation is not over.” He said sternly. “I’ll pick you up after work and then we’ll talk. Deal?”

 

Jisoo knew she was in the wrong. She shouldn't have gotten angry when Taehyung didn’t know what it costed her. It was her fault to begin with because she didn’t even want to tell him about it as she was afraid he would feel guilty after knowing the price.

 

At this point, she was pretty sure she was more angry at herself and was just taking out her anger on Taehyung.

 

And she very well knew he doesn’t deserve it.

 

Lifting her hand and cupping Taehyung’s right cheek tenderly, Jisoo gave him a kiss on his left cheek. It was her way of telling him she’s sorry and that she was only leaving because she had to and not because she wants to.

 

“Deal.”

 

 

Taehyung drove back home with his own car, having had finished his errands for the day. Ever since three years ago, Taehyung had bought a two-storied house for his family to live in after deciding that they couldn’t bear to stay in the old apartment complex anymore. There were just too many memories that were better left forgotten.

 

 

“Omma?” Taehyung called, like he always do when he reached home. He finds comfort in knowing her presence was there. Now that his mother is no longer working, Taehyung gets worried whenever she wasn’t at home.

 

“I’m in the kitchen!” Lee Souen responded. “You’re home early today.”

 

“Everything with the exhibition went smoothly.” Taehyung replied, walking towards his little sister who was playing with her handphone on the sofa. Hanbyul was still looking at her small device even when Taehyung was standing in front of her.

 

“Yah! Kim Hanbyul!” Taehyung narrowed his eyes. “Why aren’t you in school?”

 

Hanbyul finally lifted her eyes and gave her brother a puppy dog look. “Can’t you see I’m sick?” She then pretended to cough.

 

Taehyung smirked. “If you’re sick then you should be resting now. You should not be playing with your phone.” He said, trying to pull the device he had bought for Hanbyul out from her hands.

 

“No don’t take! Jebal Oppa!” Hanbyul whined, snatching back her handphone.

 

“What’s all this noise about?” Lee Souen came from the kitchen and passed Hanbyul a plate filled with rice and side dishes.

 

Taehyung watched as Hanbyul put aside her phone and happily took the plate before she started eating with enthusiasm. As usual, the only thing to keep her off her phone was food.

 

“Look at this brat.” Taehyung had to fight off a smile seeing his little sister do a little dance after she took the first mouthful of food. She may be 12 years old now but some things never change.

 

“Don’t disturb her, Taehyung-ah. She’s sick.” Lee Souen chastised before walking away.

 

Hanbyul stuck out her tongue at her brother when their mother disappeared into the kitchen again.

 

Taehyung pulled his sister’s left ear just enough so it won’t hurt. “Yah! You better be in school tomorrow.”

 

“Arasso! Arasso!” Hanbyul pushed Taehyung’s hand and shooed him away. “Now let me eat in peace.”

 

Taehyung shook his head in amusement. “Don’t grow up too fast Hanbyul-ah.” He muttered under his breath as he walked to the back of the house where he does all his work.

 

His work room was filled with shelf after shelf of different types of paints. More than a hundred canvases lined up against the walls. On another side of the room, was a cupboard for his multiple camera equipments.

 

Taehyung had started earning more income from selling off his paintings through online auctions. When underground art collectors started placing bids on his paintings with big cash values, he realised then that his paintings were in high demand. Min Jin Ah was the first art curator who had reached out to him when she discovered him online. From there, she had helped him find possible customers and had recently enabled him to have his first exhibition.

 

Even though it was a tough couple of years at first, but that was how he was able to afford the new house, an old car and even pay off the debt he owed Jisoo five years ago, much to Jisoo’s dismay. In fact, Jisoo had refused to accept the money back but Taehyung insisted. Although, he did suspected that Jisoo had secretly transferred that exact money to his mother’s account instead because one day later, Taehyung’s mother had scolded him for transferring too much money into her account in which he didn’t do such thing.

 

Taehyung knows Jisoo was just doing that out of the goodness of her heart, but sometimes he wished she wouldn’t be so hard-headed. But then again, that was a quality he found attractive when he first got to know Jisoo.

 

Knowing how weak he was when it comes to Jisoo, Taeh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter