Chapter 6 - Secret Schemes

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jisoo walked up the three steps up to the main entrance of the exhibition hall, glancing around in search of Jackson. He had offered to give her a ride but Jisoo declined. She would rather spend a peaceful drive alone than to have a forced polite conversation with Jackson throughout the ride.

 

She spotted him standing nearby to an administrative table where a few ushers were tasked to check the guests’ tickets.

 

“Jisoo-shi.” Jackson approached her eagerly, his arms open as if they were close enough for a hug after spending the day together last week.

 

But unfortunately for him, Jisoo was not having it. She stopped four feet away from him and bowed. “I hope I didn’t make you wait too long.”

 

Jackson awkwardly lowered his arms. “Not at all.” He said before he took in Jisoo’s appearance, his mouth slightly ajar.

 

Jisoo had her hair tied back and was wearing a black chiffon dress. A stark contrast to Jackson’s purple suit.

 

 

 

On the other hand, Jisoo knew what Taehyung was going to wear later on, thus her decision to wear black like him. Although she had explained everything to him a few days ago regarding Jackson, she still wanted to send a silent message to Taehyung, telling him that she was there for him.

 

“Shall we go inside?” Jisoo asked, breaking Jackson’s trance.

 

Jackson’s eyes finally darted back to hers. “Oh yes, of course.”

 

 

 

From: Jisoo

To: Taehyung

 

I’m here already. Can’t wait to see you!

 

-Sent at 7.02 pm

 

Taehyung smiled as he read Jisoo’s text. Now that his very own guest of honour was here, he was ready to make his appearance. Putting on his black suit jacket and picking up his white mask, Taehyung stood in front of a mirror, noting that his fingers didn’t have any traces of white paint. Taehyung had went to a costume shop just outside of Seoul after he decided that buying a new white mask was more convenient than to find a suitable paint to cover the red stain on his old mask.

 

“This is it.” Taehyung muttered, tuning out the muffled chatter he could hear from outside of his dressing room. He secured the white mask over his face and tied the strings tightly behind his head just when a knock came from his door.

 

“Who is it?” He asked, making sure his voice was even lower than normal like he does every time he wore the mask. Another requirement to protect his identity.

 

“Taehyung-shi.” A female voice was heard before the door opened to reveal Min Jin ah. “Everyone is waiting for you. Are you ready?”

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“Great. Follow me.” Jin Ah said before disappearing behind the door.

 

Taehyung followed his art curator through the exhibition’s hallways before they stopped behind a black door.

 

“So here is how it goes. You wait here. I’ll announce your entrance first and then you enter. Got it?”

 

Taehyung nodded again.

 

Jin Ah placed her hand on the doorknob before she paused and looked at Taehyung. Her eyes were a mixture of mischief , giddiness and something else that make him think she wanted to eat him. Suddenly, she threw her arms around Taehyung and hugged him. “Ah! I’m so excited for us!

 

Taehyung was surprised with her sudden skinship. “I thought you said people were already waiting.” He awkwardly pat her back as if she was cat.

 

“Alright, alright.” Jin Ah released him and wiped an imaginary tear. She flashed Taehyung another smile before she went out.

 

Taehyung sigh in relief. What was wrong with his art curator? Was she drunk already? He knew serving wine tonight was a bad idea.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention.” Jin Ah’s voice sounded through the door followed by a clinking noise as if she was tapping her wine glass with a metal fork. The chatter died down before she continued. “I hope everyone are enjoying their time here. It is truly a historical night. But now, what you have been waiting for is finally happening. I am happy to announce that the man behind all this amazing art pieces is here. Would everyone put their hands together for the amazing V!

 

A loud round of applause reached Taehyung’s ears even through the thick heavy doors. Taking a deep breath, Taehyung reached for the doorknob and entered his own exhibition hall. Flashes of light  from cameras instantly hit him as he made his way to the middle of the room where Min Jin Ah was standing. What was once a white empty room was now filled with his own creations and a hundred over people who actually paid to see them.

 

 

Growing up and loving art in any shape and form, what he once thought was impossible for a guy like him, Taehyung had finally achieved one of his dream.

Wait, not yet. He thought to himself as his eyes searched the room. A sea of faces trying to get his attention but he was simply looking past them before he found who he was looking for.

 

Jisoo stood at the far end of the room, looking so breathtaking.  Her eyes slightly glassy with tears and her red lips smiled at him proudly. He smiled back even though he knows she can’t see it.

 

Yup, now he can finally say he had achieved his dream.

 

Taehyung’s happy thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a man in a purple suit. He stood next to Jisoo and offered her a glass of wine. Taehyung watched as Jisoo reluctantly tore her gaze away from him and looked at the other man.

 

“Jackson.” Taehyung muttered his name under his breath, annoyed. The fact that Jackson was not the least bit ugly made his annoyance tripled too. Jisoo had told him the whole story a few days ago. Although he had given her the green light to attend his exhibition with Jackson, he still found it bothersome. Mostly because he knows Jisoo would not have done it if she had a choice. Especially since he remembered how upset Jisoo was when she talked about Jackson the day they were having lunch with her father.

 

Taehyung had to remind himself to keep his possessiveness towards Jisoo under control. They were getting married in three weeks! And he trust Jisoo more than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter