Chapter 1 - Occupational Hazard

I Need You 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Jisoo walked through the lobby of Kim Enterprise while her secretary, Lalisa Manoban, walked alongside her. The other employees around the vast lobby stopped what they were doing and immediately bowed to their new CEO. It had been two years since Jisoo had taken the reigns from her father to manage their family business, Kim Enterprise. It was one of the biggest company in South Korea, having businesses in the hotel, retail and recently food industry.

 

 

“At 10am, you’ll have a product meeting in conference room 406 with all the department heads. At 12pm, there’s a lunch appointment with your father at Sushi Chohi in Gangnam. A car will be ready for you.” Lisa informed, reading out Jisoo’s schedule for the day.

 

“Aniya. Tell Uncle Daejung to take the day off. I’ll drive there myself. He didn’t looked too well yesterday” Jisoo felt bittersweet, seeing age catching up to her personal driver who had been with her more than half of her life.

 

“Noted.” Lisa swiped her finger on her tablet as if cancelling something. “Do you want me to postpone your 1pm meeting so that you’ll have more time with your father?”

 

“That won’t be necessary but instead can you help ask for the financial report of our latest product and place it on my desk?”

 

“I already did that yesterday once you left your office.” Lisa beamed.

 

Jisoo couldn’t help but smile. There was something about Lisa’s smile that makes everyone around her feel good too. “Gomawa Lisa-yah.” She said as both of them rode the elevator to the top floor, where Jisoo’s office was located.  

 

“I’m just doing my job, Unni.” Lisa whispered and winked mischievously.

 

What most people didn’t know was, Jisoo and Lisa are really close. They had been close since Jisoo started being the CEO and had chosen her to be her secretary among the hundreds other applicants. When no one was around, they talked without using titles but both of them agreed to stay professional during work so people would not accuse Jisoo as being bias.

 

The elevator dinged as it reached the 50th floor. The brown and white marble decor and the lights from the high windows giving the impressive office space a luxurious touch.

 

 

“Good Morning, Kim Sajangnim.” A man welcomed Jisoo in a teasing manner.

 

Jisoo turned her gaze to see her old friend and now colleague, Suho, as he walked towards her with a file in his hand.  

 

 

“Good Morning, Suho-shi.” Jisoo greeted back light-heartedly. Just like Lisa, they maintained a professional relationship at work. Outside business hours, Suho teases her to no end. After they resolved their conflict and gotten over their failed arranged marriage, Suho went back to his old self and now treats her like a sister.

 

“Ready for our meeting?” Suho waved the file infront of her.

 

“I’ll be there in a moment. You go on ahead.” Jisoo responded.

 

Suho nodded and gave Lisa a smile as well before he walked off to the elevator.

 

“I still can’t believe Suho Sunbae almost got married but his fianćee dumped him for another guy.” Lisa said incredulously once they were in Jisoo’s office.

 

"Where did you hear that story from?" Jisoo asked, avoiding Lisa's eyes. Afterall, she was the "supposed fianćee" who dumped Suho.

 

"A friend of mine is a friend of Suho's friend and he told me that Suho Sunbae was really heartbroken."

 

“Well, from what I heard, they didn’t even officially got engaged. And besides, that was five years ago. I’m sure he’s over it.” Jisoo insisted, while she was busy finding the related documents she needed for her 10am meeting.

 

“Then why is a good-looking and successful man like him still single?” Lisa placed her hands on her small hip.

 

“Maybe he hasn’t found the right one?” Jisoo shrugged nonchalantly, not really understanding Lisa’s concern.

 

"Or maybe he lost the right one?" Lisa raised an eyebrow suggestively.

 

Jisoo sighed and looked at her secretary with a bored face. “ Come on, Lisa. Whoever she is, that ship had sailed. And instead of assuming the wrong things, can you help me find my folder?”

 

“You’re right.” Lisa sighed, shaking the topic off her mind. “What colour is your folder?” She asked with a more serious tone, indicating she was back to her secretary mode.

 

 

Kim Taehyung inspected the brightly lit white room. His mouth hanging slightly open, in awe of the sheer size of the venue. He can’t believe that in another week, his very own art works will be displayed here.

 

Sure, the public would not know its really him seeing as he chose to wear a white mask and go by the name "V", Taehyung still felt proud with this new acheivement.

Taehyung had continued his passion of art after graduating from Yonsei University. His specialties lies in the way he could replicate his photographs into his paintings with a touch of his own unique style. The letter “V” was always trademarked at the bottom right-hand side of his paintings. It was a pseudonym he and Jisoo thought of as his artist name when they realised Taehyung kept making a peace sign in majority of his pictures.

 

<---------------

 

“You really rented this place for my exhibition?” Taehyung asked his art curator, Min Jin Ah, who had been helping him promote his art pieces for the past year. She was one of the few people who knows his real identity other than his own family, Jisoo and Jisoo's father.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter