Time Spent Together

An Unnamed Relationship

Two days later

Gina is recovering well, but she had to stay at the hospital for some psychology sessions. She’s getting better with help from the specialists, and her relationship with Hana is doing well too. Hana would visit her every day after her class ended. Sehun will just accompanies her to the hospital and he will wait outside until she finished. He wanted them to bond together, and he doesn’t want to stay between them. Both the girls had cleared all misunderstanding and went back like before, closer than ever.

Sehun started to reflect on how lack of understanding can sway a relationship, and how toleration can save it from breaking away. He’s happy now that Hana turns back to her usual bright self.

But alongside the bright side, her annoying side has returned, too.

That night after they visited Gina, she insisted Sehun to follow her to somewhere. It is already quite late at the time, but Hana still insists but she would not tell him where they are going to.

“I’m sorry, but I had to ask this. Do the entire population goes into extinction if you tell me where we are going?” Sehun asks on when Hana keeps on walking wordlessly.

“And do our ecosystem balance would be affected if you just shut your mouth and follows me silently?”, Hana answers back, hoping Sehun would stop asking questions. She has too many things going on in her head and his questions throws her off edge.

Sehun snorts in annoyance but he follows her anyway. They arrive at a football field near their apartment. The lights are dim there, but it is enough for them to see each other and their surroundings. It is very quiet there, no sign of others human being other than them.

“What the hell we are doing here? Are you planning some paranormal activities?”, Sehun scans the place in worry.

“Maybe.” Hana giggles at his remarks and she finds a spot to sit. She brings them to sit near a goal post on the wide field.

“I wanted to stargaze.” Hana said as she sits on the green grass spread out on the field.

“Are you serious? We can stargaze from our apartments, why the trouble?” Sehun protests but he ends up sitting with her. He follows her gaze towards the dark sky. He can see some shining dots spread all over the sky. On a closer look, the view is astonishing. Hana turns to Sehun who has his eyes on the sky and she smiles lightly.

Aigooo. Clueless boy.

Hana opens her bag and pulls out a blue blindfold out.

“What are you going to do with that?”

“Come here.”, she reckoned after him.

Despite being confused, Sehun scoots closer to her and Hana places the blindfold on him.

“You sure have a creative way to waste time.”, Sehun nags as Hana fixes the blindfold on him.

“It’s a surprise, wait for it. Now, stay here for a moment. I’ll come back soon.”

Sehun knew it would be no use to protest so he nods at her command, not sure if she’s still in front of him. He can’t see anything by now.

“Don’t peek!” He hears Hana’s voice from a distance.

Whoa, this girl is really peculiar. She won’t abandon me here, right?

After what seems to be like eternity, Hana returns to him. She holds a plate with her, walking carefully so that the content would not fall into the ground. She places the plate in front of Sehun and stares at him.

“I’m back.”

Sehun jumps a bit from her sudden greet.

“Yah, you scared me there! Can you make some noise before sneaking up like this?!”

“Sorry. Anyway, give me your hand.”

Hana reaches her open palm towards him.

“Are we going out for a walk? Do I look like a dog to you?”

Hana giggles at his remark and she pats his head.

“That sounds fun, too.”

Sehun dodges away from her touch.

“Don’t mess my hair up.”

Hana pouts at his responses.

“Never mind. You can open the blindfold after my countdown ends. Get it?”

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1..Open now!”

Sehun takes off the blindfold like she asked, and the first thing that greets him is Hana smiling face.

“Oh Sehun, happy birthday!”

He then trails to the plate in her hands that she holds toward him. It is a cake with a candle on top. To be exact, it is several chocolate pies that she stacks into a tower. The pies were showered with melted chocolate to complete the look.

Sehun is glued to the ground by the unexpected event. He doesn’t sure what’s he feeling. It’s a new weird feeling. Is this what people meant by being touched by something? It’s his birthday, and he completely forgets about it. He never really celebrates birthday, and this is the second time Hana wish him a happy birthday. It comes to him now that it has been a year since they meet each other.

“Happy birthday. Sorry that I can only do this much for you.” She grins and scratches her head awkwardly.

Sehun chuckles after a moment of being blank.

“You silly girl. I’m amazed you can come up with these. Thank you, I meant it.”

He reaches out to take the plate from her. Hana hands a fork to him, and he tries the ‘cake’ she prepared.

“When did you prepared this?”

Sehun asks as he off the chocolate from his fork.

“This evening. I lack of time and couldn’t get you a real cake.” Hana slumps a bit in disappointment. She wants to give her best, but fails to do so.

“I like this better.”

Hana grins at his considerate words. Hana watches wordlessly as Sehun ate all of it. She’s satisfied, knowing that he enjoys it.

“Now for the present…” Hana trails her words as she takes out a plastic bag from her bag.

“…for you.” She hands the bag to him and he peeks inside the bag.

“A muffler….and what is this?”, Sehun takes out the content and frown at the small box.

He opened the box and finds two identical phone case. To be exact, a couple case. It has half heart on each case, and the word ETERNITY on both.

“This really sounds like your style. Cringy and…tacky. What are you trying to do, you sneaky girl?”, Sehun raises an eyebrow at her and Hana chuckles.

“It’s just a casing. You don’t have to use it, though.”, Hana says as she takes one of the casing, and put it on her phone. She shows it off to Sehun.

“It’s pretty, isn’t it?”

Sehun shakes his head on her but he takes out his phone anyway. He put the casing on and Hana grins at the sight. She put their phones together and combined the heart on the casing.

“It found its match.” She exclaims and Sehun snorts.

It’s cute. Very much like you, Kim Hana.

He grabs the muffler she gave and takes a closer look on it.

“I knit that myself. Look at those calluses on my fingers.” She shows her hands to him and he frowns.

“Seriously, Hana? I think you’re doing too much already. Don’t burden yourself.”

“I enjoyed doing that. Now, use that well. It’s cold nowadays, so warm yourself with this.”

Sehun stares at her for exactly three seconds before he goes,

“Thank you. Thank you so much for all of these. This is my first time receiving such gifts.”

He scoots closer to her and places the muffler on her neck. He then grabs one end of it and wraps it along her neck. Hana blinks at his sudden action.

“Did you dislike this?”, she pouts in disappointment. Why would Sehun make her wear it?

“It’s cold now, you’ll get sick. Wear it first for now, but remember to give it back when we reach home.”

He says as he sits back at the earlier spot, and gazes on the night sky. Hana lightly smiles when she realized he was taking care of her.

I’m truly blessed. This is the happiest night, and an unforgettable birthday. I have everything with me. A cake, gifts, and…her.

Sehun lies on his back, and he closes his eyes. He wishes to cherish this moment; the sound of crickets, the chilling breeze, and the sky coated in dots of diamond.

Hana goes beside him and lies side by side with him. She stares on the sky full of stars. They just stay like that for a moment, drowning in their thoughts.

Should I ask him? Should I not?

“Sehun-ah.”

“Hmm?”, Sehun hummed in response, doesn’t budge from his position.

“What do I mean to you? I’m confused because you are so nice to me. I’m afraid I’ll get ahead by myself. I can’t put a name on our relationship. Are we a partner, friends, or…..a lover? I don’t know where we stand.”

Sehun is taken aback by her question, but he remains calm. The question is something that he’s curious of too. He asks himself so many times, but there is a thin line between them, between the feelings.

“We don’t need to define this relationship. As long as we know how we feel towards each other.”, Sehun answers, still closing his eyes.

“So..we are currently in an unnamed relationship?”

“I guess you can say that. After all, we did everything from being a partner, friends, and..lover at times.”

Hana turns to Sehun and she stares at his face. She places a hand to support her head as she gazes down on him.

“It’s been a year now since we met. On your last birthday, we’re much less a stranger. It’s fascinating how things turn. Look at us now.”

Sehun opens his eyes at her statement and their eyes meet instantly. Sehun is taken aback to find out that Hana was staring at him all these times.

“Do you like the old us, or this new us?”, Hana asks, maintaining the eyes contact.

“Of course, I like it now. We’re much closer.” He answers, his lips turn to a genuine smile.

“So…can we wrap this birthday celebration with a kiss?”

Sehun coughs immediately upon her remarks and he shot up from lying to sitting. He stares at her in disbelief.

“Sorry?”, Sehun asks, in case he misheard her words.

“Well, I think I deserve a kiss after all these efforts I did for you.” Hana shrugs as she shifts to sit, too. She’s having fun teasing Sehun, of course she knew he won’t do that.

“This girl! Where did you learn things like this? Can you be more shameless than this?”

“Of course, I can. I’m a thoughtless person, so I don’t have to think before doing something. I can be more shameless than this, so look forward to that!”, she exclaims cheerfully as she saw Sehun’s face turns red.

“Let’s..pack all these things and go home. You’re acting weird. Are you drunk?’, Sehun averts away from her and starts tidying and packing all the things up. His face is getting hotter by seconds and it is really a chaos inside his mind.

Look at this girl. How could she ask for something like that? She wants a kiss? Aishh Oh Sehun, stop imagining it!

Hana chuckles at his cute reaction and starts to help him.

“Aigoo, Mr Oh Sehun, I’m just kidding. I’m scared of your kiss, it might froze me to death. Your coldness can practically freeze anything.”

“Shut up and let’s go home. You better hurry up or I’ll leave you here alone.” Sehun said as he starts to walk away from the scene. Hana immediately catches up to him and he glances over to her once.

But you melt it all away, Hana. You did.