Making up

An Unnamed Relationship

I will kill myself if I ever talks about him again. I won’t like him anymore.

She’s enchanting herself to forget him again and again. 2 weeks had passed and they haven’t made up with each other. Hana would leave early to school and leave late so that they won’t bump to each other. Time flies fast as she avoids him. She actually misses him, she’s being used to follow him around for so long. Without him, she feels empty. They do walk past each other at times, but Hana would pretend to be busy observing her nails or admiring the blue sky instead of him. She even tripped herself one time as she pretends to count the lamps along hallway.

Sehun, on the other side acted oppositely. He actually waited to see her on recess, even though she will pretend not to see him. He knew she left early to school, as he observes her from the security hut. He will go there early, giving milk bread to the guard there and asked to stay there before leaving to school. He watched how she sneaked out hurriedly every morning. He had once imagined how would it feels without her by his side, now that it happens, it disturbs him more than he expected.

He misses that smile, giggle, pout and lively side of hers. It feels weird now that he returns to the old time when he was alone. Hana doesn’t pass by his class anymore and he starts to wonder if she really has given up on him.

I can’t let this goes on. She can’t give up on me. I won’t let her do that.

Sehun gives a deep thought, and make a decision. He signs up for something he will never do usually.

“Yah, what happens between both of you?”, Gina asks as she stares at Hana who is resting her head on the desk. Hana turns her head to lie to her right side, looking at Gina.

“Don’t call out his name. I’m not going to like him anymore. Just wait and see, I will bit my tongue to death if I ever calls out his name.”

“I thought you like him to death. What with this change of heart?”

“He’s got a girl. I’m not going to take away other’s man. I may look stupid, but I don’t take away other’s.”

Gina frowns at her statement.

“Which girl? I’ve never seen him with another girl aside of you.”

“Don’t talk to me now, I’m not in the mood.” Hana turns her head to the other side and closes her eyes.

Gina feels offended by her gesture, but she brushes it away. She turns to her exercise book and starts solving the questions.

..

Hana gapes when the team leader of their group for the school carnival announces that Sehun’s going to join them as a runner for the event. She can not believe her eyes, that Sehun is standing in front of her. The Sehun who said he would rather stay at home rather than doing these.

“What is this? Isn’t this the guy you have a crush on?”, a boy from the group asks, cooing at Hana playfully.

Hana grits her teeth and glares at the boy.

“Yah, why do you spurt nonsense here? I didn’t.”, she talks through gritted teeth, hoping that he will stop.

“Eyy, you don’t have to be shy. The whole school knew about this. Does this means that you guys….are dating now?”, another boy pretends to gasp and others start doing strange noises playfully.

“Yah! You aren’t going to shut that mouth? T-that mess there, go and take care of it! We have works to do, what are you guys doing.”, Hana suddenly shouts in a high pitch voice, pointing to the unattended stall. They were going to organize their stall, flowers had arrived for the carnival. It starts at the evening till the night, so they have to set up early.

The groups laugh at her awkward reaction.

“Alright, we won’t bother you. So, do what you want to. Just don’t be too obvious.” They again before they scramble to the stall.

Hana glances over to Sehun who was gazing upon her all this time. Hana is taken aback when his lips turns into a smile. Did he just smile? After what he did?

Hana looks away and starts to join her group at the stall. The carnival is held in a hall, and all the stalls were arranged by number. Their stall is at the last row, near the door.

Sehun didn’t say anything, he follows her silently. He was just happy and contented to see her. He’s amused when she blushed because her friends about him.

Hana knew he is following her and she starts to feel uncomfortable with his eyes on her. She tries to focus on work, but his gaze made her face turns flushed unconsciously.

“Sunbae, don’t he have anything to do? Asks him to do something.”, Hana whispers to her team leader and he reckoned Sehun to them.

“Can you help Hana do the banner?”

Hana stares at the team leader in misbelief. That’s the worst thing to do. Give him some work, away from me! Don’t stick us together. Hana is making a big X with her hand, shooking her head vigorously at her team leader, asking him to send Sehun off.

“I’m doing just okay. I don’t need help.”, she answers in a low tone, trying hard to smile and control her emotions.

“You can’t do that alone, you…”

“I SAID I’M OKAY! I’M ALLERGIC TO WORK WITH PEOPLE SOMETIMES, MY BODY WILL GET ITCHY ALL OVER, AND I MIGHT SNEEZE TO DEATH, SO! I will rather do this myself.” Hana suddenly interrupts his unfinished sentence with a high-pitched tone. Both Sehun and her team leader was shocked by her tone.

“Al..right. No need to get worked up. Sehun, come with me.”, the team leader pats on her shoulder before gesturing Sehun to follow him.

Hana exhales in relief as they walk away from her. They resume to focus on the work, and in two hours everything is ready. They check for the last time around the stall, and is about to go out to grab some food. Hana has finishes tying the banner on their stall, and she goes to join her group who is chatting at the main desk.

Suddenly the power goes off and the whole hall is in dark. Hana who has trauma being in the dark, screams her lungs out and grabs tightly to the closest being near her. She instinctively hides her face on the creature’s arm while trembling in fear, not knowing that she’s holding on to Sehun.

“I-I am sorry for doing this to you Ryu, but I’m really scared. So please just let me hold on to you.”, she whispers to the man whom she thought was Ryu, a fellow member. The hall is getting noisier with all talking and people finding their way out of the darkness.

Sehun is taken aback by her sudden touch and he froze wordlessly. A part of him is relieved that she’s holding onto him instead of others man. A loud thud of someone trips over a chair throws Hana off as she shrieks and wrapped her arms around the Sehun’s waist.

“I’m sorry, I was too scared.” As she realizes that she’s holding him too much, she loosens her arms but Sehun keeps her arms on his waist and places his right arm around her, holding her closer to him.

“It’s okay. But I’m not Ryu.”

Hana’s eyes widen at the voice and she immediately pull away from him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I’m just shocked, sorry about that.”, She clears nervously, her heart won’t slow down. And the thought that she had just hugged him threw her all over.

Sehun doesn’t answer and Hana thinks that he was angry at her act just now, so she’s going to left away. However, Sehun grabs her right sleeves, stopping her from leaving. He grabs her left palm with the other hand, and places something on her palm. He then folds her fingers across her palms, making her to secure whatever he gives her.

“I’m sorry for hurting you with my words, and my action. I’m just clueless when it comes to explaining myself. Since I didn’t have to, before. That is a misunderstanding. Maria was just my classmate, nothing more than that. I can assure you that I have never gaze, smile or treat her like I did to you. So, can we call this over? I’m not sure what I’m feeling, but it feels empty without you.”

Hana freezes upon his words. She doesn’t expect this from him, so her feet were glued to the ground. He then releases her palms and let go of her sleeve. She can feel him walks away from her even in the pitch dark.

Just then, the light goes back on. The first thing catches her eyes is the sunflower that she’s holding on to this entire time. Sehun gives her a sunflower, and she is more than delighted by his unexpected gift because she knew the meaning of sunflower in flowers language.

“It’s pretty..”, she gradually smiles at the sight, and looks over to find Sehun on her left, chatting with her group member. He’s acting like nothing happens, but she sees his ears are flushed red.

Well, I think I should accept your apology, Oh Sehun. Aigoo..should I kill myself now? I told myself not to talk about him again. No, I can’t do that. Now that he’s back, my Sehun is back.