END

An Unnamed Relationship

Sehun approaches her and tap her left shoulder lightly. He turns her towards him and a small sigh escapes from his lips. He wants to ask if she’s okay, but that would be a dumb question when she clearly is not okay. Hana has her head hung low, staring on the floor.

“It hurts a lot than I thought it will.” Hana suddenly says that, her voice sounds more like a whisper to herself.

“You can cry, then. It’s okay.”, Sehun whispers back, hoping she will feel better.

“It hurts, but I don’t want to cry.”, Hana’s whispers again, this time her voice cracks.

Sehun takes a step closer and he put a hand on the back of her head, taking her in his embrace.

“Then at least lean on me. You can do that.” He whispers to her ear and kisses her on top of her head.

Hana slowly wraps her tiny arms around his waist and Sehun locks her in his embrace.

“I don’t want to look weak.”, Hana talks again.

“There are times when we need to channel out frustration by crying out. Like the dark sky, which carries much frustration and pain. In order to make the sky bright again, it has to be poured down as rains. Only then, it washes away all the traces of pain.”

Hana does not respond, but tears roll down her cheeks unknowingly. She shut her eyes tightly, letting those tears carries away her frustration. Sehun pats her back gently, feeling a wave of relief washes over him as he can comfort her in his arms.

They stay like this for some time, and he can feel hot liquids drips on his clothes. She cried.

..

Sehun cannot sleep, that night. He is tossing around on his bed, thinking about Hana and her true feelings towards Lay. He is afraid if that man’s presence had swayed her feelings. He can’t help but to expect the worst, Hana might leave him. He slowly starts to think that she still loves him. Otherwise, why did she cried like that? Sehun remembered, as Lay closed the door and left, Hana glanced to the door in disappointment. It’s like, she does not mean it when she told him to leave.

Sehun cannot accept if Hana was to left him, he needs her. He had not felt this alive and loved before. He likes it when she sticks around to him, he likes it when she comes up with tricky ideas to be with him, her smile, her laugh, her innocence, her blushed face, he likes everything about her.

I want to rest. Sehun remembered the last words she told him this morning after she cried her heart out and left his house. His heart fell with every step she took, leaving him. As if she won’t come back to him.

..

Sehun stares at their apartment for quite a while. He comes down early, thinking to wait for Hana and goes to school together. He is not sure if that would be okay, what if she’s not ready to see him? What if she don’t like him anymore?

Just then, footsteps echoes from the stairs nearby. Hana’s going downstairs and their eyes meet when Sehun turns to the stairs. Hana halts on her tracks with a confused look on her face. Sehun’s heart fell when he saw that. She looks awkward to see me. He turns immediately, planning to just go to school first, doesn’t want to make her feels uncomfortable.

“Sehun!”

He halts on his tracks when she calls out his name. He can hear Hana’s running to him and she goes infront of him. She is breathing heavily from running too hard.

“Why are you going away?”, She asks while still catching her breath. Her fringe sticks to her forehead due to sweats from running.

“I thought you don’t want to see me.”

“Eh? Why would I? We always go to school together, right?”, Hana stares at him while answering. She wonders why Sehun looks gloomy today.

Sehun pauses a bit, before he reaches out to her and uses his sweater’s sleeves to pat away sweats on her forehead. He fixes her fringes and tucks a strand of hair behind her right ears. He does that unknowingly, it has been a habit of him whenever he sees her like this. He just naturally has the urge to take care of her.

Hana smiles in pure happiness when he did that. Her heart flutters.

“Thank you.” She mouths to him and he nods.

“Let’s go.” Sehun directs, and they walk side by side to the school. The journey to school feels too long because both of them are keeping quiet. They are both drown in their own thoughts.

..

Hana told Gina everything about Lay and Gina immediately asks about Sehun.

“I think he is somehow quiet and moody today. I wonder what happens.” Hana pouted as she put her chin on her desk and scratches the desk randomly with her index finger. She and Sehun just parts way wordlessly this morning as soon as they arrived at the school gate. Usually, Sehun will walk her to her class. On recess, they passed each other at the hallway and Sehun didn’t even look at her. Hana felt upset over that and wondered where things go wrong when he was just hugging her affectionately the day before. He even let her cried on his shirt.

Gina let out a small sigh. Aigoo you are so senseless.

“Dummy, he is like that because of you.”, Gina tells as she folds her arm to her chest.

“He is jealous.” Gina adds.

“Jealous? Over who?”

Gina rolls her eyes upwards, frustrated.

“With Lay, of course. Think about that, if you are in his place. He sure will feel insecure. You cried on him because of another man.”

Hana hears attentively on Gina words and the puzzles connect.

“Ah!” Hana exclaims as she realizes the whole situation.

“But I’m not crying because of Lay. I don’t like him at all anymore. I just love Sehun so much that I don’t even consider liking other man.”

“Tell that to him, not me.”

Hana stands immediately from her seat.

“I’ll tell him this evening.”

“Ya, ya.. Don’t get emotional. Sit back, class is going to start soon.” Gina chuckles as she tugs Hana’s skirt and pull her back on her seat.

..

That evening, Hana waits for Sehun outside school gate. It has been almost an hour and Sehun haven’t comes out. Hana is about to go inside and find him when she spots him, walking alongside a girl. Her heart fell at the sight. It is that girl again. The girl from his assignment group. Sehun sees Hana and he stops walking, staring at her. He wonders what is she doing there. Hana walks over to them and the girl looks uncomfortable. She was going to walk home together with Sehun, and Hana just have to appear at times like this. She tried so hard to make Sehun stayed late so that he won’t be able to go home with Hana but Hana waiting there is unexpected.

“Why haven’t you gone home?” Sehun asks.

“Why are you going home so late?” Hana counters with another question.

“I’m going home with Maria.”

Hana turns to Maria and notices how Maria smiles awkwardly.

Hana turns to Sehun and she bit her lips nervously.

Hana knew Maria is trying to take Sehun away and she won’t let her do that. She needs to do something and a trick pops out in her mind. She let out a small sigh and pretends to look sick.

“My chest are in pain..but, nevermind. Just go home with her.”, Hana smiles half heartedly and she turns around from them, walking away. She bit back the urge to smile and silently counting in her mind while walking slowly. 5,4,3,2…..

“Wait!”

…1.

Hana smiled in triumph. Sehun apologizes to Maria and runs over to Hana. He is worried about Hana, and could not let her go alone. Afterall, he cares for Hana more than anybody else.

Hana stops walking and turns to him who catches up to her instantly. She put up a guilty face.

“What? I’m fine, just go home with her.”

“Don’t talk nonsense. I’m going with you.”

Hana glances over to Maria and she mouth ‘sorry’ to her. Sorry, not sorry. Hana notices Maria pull up an irritated expression and she laughs inside. Sehun loves me, I knew that. Stop making a move on my man.

Sehun glances over at Hana from time to time as they are walking. He is trying to check on her because she said her chest are in pain. He gets worried but not sure if he should ask.

“What happened? Why are your chest in pain? Did you fall?”

In the end, he cannot contain his worry and starts to ask her. Hana giggles at his questions, worry is written all over his face.

“My chest is in pain because I’m frustrated. It keeps beating hard and I had a hard time breathing.”

“Let’s get you checked.”

“I feel that way when you are with Maria. I’m upset.”

“You need to take care on..Eh, what?”

Sehun stops walking as he realizes what Hana said.

Hana stops walking too, and turns to face him.

“I’m saying, I’m upset because you are acting nice to others.”

“Why are you acting cold towards me? Do you get tired of me? Do you want me to disappear from your side?”, Hana asks as she stares into his eyes.

“You have Lay, don’t you? He means a lot to you. An important person in your life.”

“I’m asking this again, do you want me to disappear from your side? If you want that, I will.”

“I don’t want to be in between of you and him.”

“You want me to go to his side?”

Sehun doesn’t answer, his heart is beating hard.

Hana sighs and she looks away from him. She turns away from him, and at that time Sehun grabs her wrist, keeping her from walking away.

“I…don’t want that.”

He answers in a low voice, almost unheard. Hana smiles at his actions.

She turns back to him and make a gesture for him to bend closer to her, as if to whisper something to him. Sehun is confused with the sudden request, but he did anyway. That is when Hana tiptoes and pecks on his lips. Sehun’s eyes goes wide at the sudden peck and Hana cupped his face with both of her hands.

“Pa…bo (fool). I don’t like him at all. I’m crying not because of him, I cried because I’m frustrated on my mother’s death. I just needed someone to blame on and when Lay explained his reasons, I actually feel bad for him. He was not at fault, I let out on him because I want to shift the blame on someone. When he left, I feel so bad on him and are angry at myself. That’s why I cried so much.”

She explained while locking eyes with him.

“…You are an important person to me. I just love you sooo much that no one can replace that. Therefore, don’t avoid me and be nice to other girls. I will be much upset. Now that I explained everything, I feel better, my chest isn’t hurting anymore.”

Hana continues and she removes her hand away from Sehun’s face afterwards. Sehun was left speechless with her confessions. Hana smiles and she goes closer to him, hugging him tightly as she rests her head on his chest.

“I love you…Oh Sehun.”, she whispers silently. When Sehun doesn’t respond, she peeks upwards, her chin on his chest as she stares in his eyes while still hugging him. Seeing her like that, he can’t resist to kiss her, and so he did. Hana is shocked by the sudden kiss, but she responses to the kiss slowly.

After the kiss, Sehun pulls her into her embrace tightly as he kisses her forehead and the top of her head.

“I love you, too.”

Hana chuckles as she realizes she got the man whom she likes so much. She cannot explain this relationship, it is a combination of mixed feelings. This unnamed relationships, she likes it. They don’t have to give it a name, as long as they are together then it is okay.

END