Young Love

An Unnamed Relationship

Sehun went to hang at a café in his free time. He wants to do his homework there because it is less crowded and he craves for coffee to drink. It is cold outside, and a cup of warm latte can make things better.

He went to order a cup of latte and chooses a spot away from the center that is quite secluded for his privacy. He’s scrolling his phone attentively as he is currently looking for the best college that will suit him. He is not sure of what course should he choose to further his studies. Every time he thinks about this, Hana’s face appears in his head. He is curious on where she would end up, and that they will be separated by distance. Strangely, he feels uncomfortable merely at the thought being away from her.

Hana is a strange person. She’s persistent, bubbly and a simple-minded person. Everything shows on her face, he can easily read her feelings. Intuitively, he starts to care for her. Is it because he knew she has a crush on him? He can’t answer that, he is confused of what’s happening to him.

“Sir, your coffee is here.”

The waiter serves his coffee and he muttered a quick thanks before she walks away.

He sips the drink and stares outside as he sighs. Just then, he spots someone that looks like Hana. The girl is bowing down to a woman, smiling as if sending the woman away. She then goes inside the shop that reads ‘FASHION HUB’. Sehun is sure that was Hana because of her clothes. He frowns at the sight, thinking of what she’s doing there.

Being curious, he waits for her to come out. Hours passed but she still has not go out from the shop. He does his tasks while watching out on her.

The sky has turns dark by the time she comes out. He packs his things and goes out to her.

“Hana.”

He calls out for her among the crowd and she turns to him. She looks perplexed at the sight of him.

“What are you doing here?”

“I was about to ask the same.”

Hana smiles as she continues to walk and Sehun walks along.

“I’m doing part time there.”

‘Do you have financial problems?”

“I’m doing well,but…” she bit her lower lips as she paused. Sehun raised an eyebrow, waiting for her next words.

“Don’t tell anyone on this. Gina’s family is having problem, so I just wanted to help.”

Sehun nods attentively at her words, he knew Hana cares about her.

“But she wouldn’t like this.”, Sehun says as a matter of fact. He knew how both of them care for each other, and Gina wouldn’t like this idea.

“Yes, that’s why I tell you to keep this a secret. I don’t want her to feel burdened. She thought I’m a thoughtless person so she won’t expect this. I don’t really say anything because I don’t want to put her in an awkward situation. And I’ve been through that, when my father left me and my mom. We suffered so much.”

Sehun can’t help but to stare at her, this is the first time she mentions her parents. He remembered she told him that her parents had died, and that’s it.

Hana realized that she had blurted out something she should not, and she clears awkwardly.

“Woah, it’s so cold out here. Aren’t you cold?”, Hana rubs her hands together and blows on it. Sehun immediately understands that she doesn’t want to talk about that, so he doesn’t ask any further. One day, she will tell him. When she’s ready.

“Who told you to wear this thin clothes? You should wear something warmer, you silly.” Sehun nags as he took off his muffler and places it on her neck. He brings one end of the muffler and wraps it around her neck.

“Ahh…this is so warm.” Hana uses the muffler to cover her trembling lips and nose as she inhales his scent on it.

“You smell nice.”, she comments and he smiles lightly.

“Don’t forget to return that. I’m just lending it over to you. I’m going to have a nightmare if your scent is left on that muffler. I knew you doesn’t wash often.”

“Yah! Can’t you say something nicer? I do wash daily!” She pouts at him and holds out both hands toward him.

“What?” Sehun frowns in confusion.

“Warm my hands for me. I’m freezing.”, she points towards her hands with .

“Do I look like a hot pack to you?”, he nags but he grabs her hands and rubs it between his hands to keep her warm.

“Why does your hands is so cold?”, he asks while blowing some warm air on her palms.

Hana grins at his questions, shrugging.

“Because I’m a warm-hearted person.” She locks eyes with him as she answers him.

“Just like you. Your hand is freezing cold, because your heart is warm. You look cold on the outside, but not in the inside. Aigoo, I think I’m taking away your warmth too much. Your hands are freezing.” Hana continues and she takes turn rubbing over Sehun’s hands and blows warm air on it.

Sehun is left speechless by her sudden act, and his heart starts to beat faster. He can even hear the sound in his ears.

He pulls away from her when he realized the whole situation.

“You are a cunning girl. Who teach you to do that? Do you just touch anyone’s hands?”, Sehun knocks her head lightly with his right knuckles.

“Omo. You caught me. I’ not going to wash my hands for a few days.” Hana giggles as she sticks out her tongue on him and swiftly runs away from him.

“Woah, this girl is unbelievable. Wait till I catch up to you!” Sehun shouts to her and begin chasing after her who had been in a distance from him.

..

School carnival are coming soon, and the whole school are preparing for the event. There will be various stalls available and performances. Hana is really excited for the carnival and she pesters around Sehun, asking him to join her in managing a flower stall.

“Why should I do that? I would rather stay at home.”

“Come on, this is a rare opportunity.”

“I think that applies to you, you’re enjoying this too much, don’t you? I’m warning you, don’t act like we are that close. “

“I thought we are close after all that hands rubbing we did.” Hana answers as she locked gazes with him.

Sehun widen his eyes at her and put a palm on .

“Yah, slow down. People will misunderstand us if you say it that way.”

“We did nothing wrong, though.” Hana shrugs off Sehun’s statement. Sehun glares at her in annoyance. She’s getting more blunt nowadays.

“Am I your best friend? That you can casually ask to do whatever you wanted?”

“No, you’re my crush. That’s a lot of difference.”

“Let me remind you. The one that have feelings over me is you and that’s your problem. Don’t force me into liking you.”

“Why are you being cold suddenly? Did I do something wrong?”

“I’m the one who did. By giving you too much space. We should’ve kept some distance. And we’ll do that, starting from today.”

Sehun storms off, leaving Hana dumbfounded. She cannot comprehend the situation. He’s being fickle, first he was being nice and then today he turned a cold shoulder on her. He wonders if he feels embarrassed being seen with her.

Sehun sat on his chair in the classroom with a loud sigh. He regrets saying all of that to her when he saw her darkened expressions. He did not intend to be that harsh. He was just….upset. He saw her talking to few mans this morning. She even left home early without him. He waits for her under their apartment for quite a long time. When he arrived at the school, she was giggling with another man and that makes him furious so much. He was afraid, afraid of her leaving him. Like everyone did. It’s a weird feeling, but he wanted her to see only him, and pay attention to no one but him.

He was upset at himself for feeling that way and starts to think to keep a distance from her. He will leave her before she leaves him.

During lunch, he sees her but he immediately looks away. Hana was about to call him when a girl came up to him. He glances over to Hana and he grabs the girl by her arms away from Hana’s sight. Hana saw that and being a simple-minded person, she thought Sehun had got himself a girlfriend.

“No wonder he gets mad at me. He’s seeing a girl. Such a meanie, he knew I like him.”, she mutters as tears roll down her cheeks. She’s deeply hurt by what she had seen and didn’t realize that tears has already forms in her eyes, until she feel the warm liquid across her cheeks.

Hana runs to the ladies and cries her heart out in the cubicle. She muffles her cries with both palms in case someone hears her. She knew the girl is a bright student and teachers have always matched both of them together. They must be close enough and it’s possible that they are dating each other.

I am just a fool. I should have not gone near him. There’s no way he’ll like someone like me. That girl is way much prettier, much intelligent than me. That explains why he always diss on me, and didn’t want to be seen with me.

After she has calms down, she goes back to the class and bumps into Gina on her way.

“Hey, what happens?” Gina asks as she goes closer to her and holds her by the shoulder.

“I’m not feeling well.”

“Did Sehun knows about this? Do you want me to call him?”

Hana shakes her head no.

“Don’t. I’ll just take some rest in the nurse room.”

“Oh, there he is.” Gina looks over behind Hana and she turns around only to see Sehun is walking alongside the girl earlier.

“Sehun, Hana is not feeling well.”, Gina tells him and he gazes over Hana once before turning back to Gina.

“I can’t do nothing on that. Maybe a visit to the nurse room will help.”

Hana looks over to him as he said that. Woah, he really didn’t care about me. He has return to his usual self.

“It’s okay, I told you. I can go by myself.”, Hana looks away when she feels the pain in . Please, don’t cry here. Please.

“Eyy.. what’s wrong with you guys? Bring her to the nurse room, will you Sehun?”

“I have things to discuss with Maria. And it is important.”

Oh, so this girl’s name is Maria. Hmphh. Even her name is nice. Hana can’t help being jealous, especially when she saw Maria’s expression when Sehun said that; she’s blushing.

“Okay then, you just accompany her to the nurse room and leave her there. I’m afraid she passed out or something on the way. Maria can wait, do you?” Gina looks over to Maria and she looks over to Sehun, hesitantly nods.

“I said it is okay, don’t…”

Hana didn’t manage to finish her words when Sehun grabs her arm and drags her with him. Gina waves and winks to her; she thought she helps them to spend more time together. She didn’t know what’s happening between Sehun and Hana.

“Let me go. I can walk by myself. Gina is not here anymore.”, Hana struggles to escape his grasps but he holds onto her firmly. They arrived in the nurse room but nobody is there.

“I said, let me go!”, Hana shouts in frustration and Sehun closes the door behind him. He cornered her until she leans towards the nurse’s table and put his hands on her both sides, trapping her in between. They were standing very close to each other and Hana could feel his breath on her face.

“If you’re doing this to get my attention, you got it. Now what?” He speaks coldly and Hana stares at him teary-eyed.

“You like me that much? I can see that you enjoy this. Isn’t this you wished for?”

Hana closes her eyes as he inches closer, as if he is about to kiss her.

“Don’t expect anything from me.”

Hana opens her eyes upon his statement and finds he is gazing at her.

Out of sudden, Hana pushes him away. He is taken aback by her sudden move that he stumbles a bit.

“Yes, I do like you that much! I like you so much that I can’t breathe seeing you with another girl. I go crazy thinking if you will love her, if you’ll smiles and laughs and gazes on her like you did to me. I knew I don’t deserve you, but I don’t know how to get rid of you from my heart. I know I am a fool who only sees you but you don’t have to treat me like this. You knew that I like you, yet you are seeing another girl. You are so mean!”, Hana speaks out her mind with tears threatening to burst any time.

Sehun is left speechless by her words but he manages to maintain his expression. He wanted to explain that Maria is just her assignment partner, but his lips won’t move. He..is not good in comforting people.

“You did that too. You confessed to me, followed me around, yet you went around flirting with other man. Didn’t you?”, Sehun counters her words and Hana frowns at his statement.

“I’m talking to them because they are the committee member of our school carnival. We talked about work, nothing personal. And how about you? You knew I like you, yet you hold her arms in front of me.”

Sehun doesn’t know how to react, he sighs as he averts his gaze from her. He knew he was wrong, he did that to make her jealous, so that she would feel what he feel seeing her with other man.

“See? You were not going to say anything about it. You really dislike me, do you? Fine, I won’t bother you anymore.”

Hana opens the door and left. Sehun stands still, watching her disappears by the door.