My Black Knight

An Unnamed Relationship

..

2 weeks had passed since that day and Sehun finds it weird that Hana suddenly being absent for two days. What’s stranger is that in her absence, the teachers declared Hana as innocent in the case of stolen exam papers. They didn’t provide details, it was just stated that they had found the real culprit and the culprit identities will be kept a secret.

Sehun found Gina during recess and asked her if she knew anything about Hana.

“I heard that too. I find it is nonsense how they want to enclose the culprit identity while openly accused Hana when she didn’t even do anything. Poor thing, she even skips school for two days. I wonder what happens. You’re her neighbor, don’t you hear anything on her?”

“I don’t see her around. Let’s see if she still does not show up at school tomorrow, I’ll go and see her at her home.”

“Okay then. Tell me if anything happens. I’ll go first.”

Sehun nods at her and he walks over to his class, while thinking of Hana. He is concerned on what might happen to her. She’s not good in studying, but never skips school.

That night, Sehun went out to buy some foods from the convenience store when he spots Hana outside the store. She wears a black shirt with hoodies and she covers her head with the hoodies. She’s looking anxious as she keep glancing left to right while walking as if watching out for someone.

Sehun keep staring at her as she is walking towards his direction. As soon as their eyes meet, she turns away immediately and starts to sprint frantically. Sehun is taken aback by her reaction and immediately sprint to chase her. Do I look like a ert that she’s running away like a headless cockroach?

“Hana! Stop running, it’s me!” Sehun shouts as she didn’t seem to slow down. She turns around to him and trips on the process. She falls and rolls quite a distance due to the effect.

Sehun quickly catch up to her and kneels beside her who is still lying on the ground.

“Can you get up?” Sehun touch her shoulder and she shriek at the touch, looking completely terrified.

“Hana, this is me. I’m Sehun.” He grabs her arm and gazes into her trembling eyes. He helps her to sit properly and brush the dirts on her shirt. She stares back and as she calms down, tears start to form in her eyes.

“What happened? Tell me, what happened?”, Sehun holds both her wrist and his gaze softens on her.

“I-Im scared. There is someone who’s coming after me. I can’t go to the school because someone sends a bleeding mouse to my house with a card saying that if I show up at school, I would end up like the mouse. I am so scared but I am hungry, so I sneak around to buy some foods. I thought you were that person.”

Hana tells the story with a trembling voice and as soon as she finishes, she breaks into tears. She is crying uncontrollably and her whole body is trembling. Sehun’s heart clenches at the sight and he holds on to her firmly, sending warmth. He wants to hug her, but his body won’t move so he gazes at her gently, hoping that his presence could comfort her. He becomes upset as he thinks of the person who did all this. Why did the person do this? He’s worried on her safety but at the same time feels frustrated that he can’t even hold her in his arms to comfort her.

“It’s okay. I’m with you. You’ll be safe.” Sehun placed both his hands on her shoulder, tapping on it gently and uses his right thumb to wipe away her tears. She stopped crying but is still sobbing lightly, her eyes are swollen. His eyes wander around to her arms and legs as he searched for wounds or scratches. He pulls up her jeans and finds that her right ankle is bleeding.

“Are you hurt anywhere else?”, He asks as he checks over her arms. Her arms are just covered with some dirts, but her palms have small scratches.

Hana nods and points to her left knee.

“I think it hurts there.”

Sehun looks over her knee and saw red spots on her blue jeans.

“Let’s get those treated first.”

Sehun stands up first and he helps her to stand slowly. She’s limping because of her bleeding ankle and wounded knees from the fall.

“Can you walk?” He asks while wiping off dirts on her shoulder and hair. He pulls over the hoodie over her head as he fixes her hair in the process.

“I think I can walk, but can you give me a piggyback?” She asks hesitantly and he turns his back on her instantly, crouching in front of her.

“Hop on.”

Hana unknowingly smiles on his response. This is the first time he will give me a piggyback.

Hana giggles as she wraps her arms around his neck and leans over on his back. He places a manner hand while supporting her with his arms. He stands up immediately and starts walking.

“Don’t drool on me, I’ll throw you down.”, He warns playfully and Hana giggles, nodding to his words.

“Are you that happy? Girls should control themselves in front of boys. Don’t be too obvious with your feelings.”

“Why should I? I just like you that much, it shows on my face. You knew already, why should I hide my feelings?” Hana said as she tightens her hands around his neck and leans her head on his shoulder.

“Aaaaa.. it’s so warm here.” She exclaims while inhaling his scent.

Sehun’s lips curl into a smile upon her words. What a blunt girl.

“Thank you, Sehun-ah.” Hana whispers, almost unheard but Sehun get that.

“Don’t thank me yet. I might wake up with dislocated bones tomorrow. So you must come to school and pays me back.”

“I’m scared to go to school.”, her voice croaks and Sehun sympathizes with her.

“I’ll pick you at your doorstep, and will send you home afterwards. Now will you come to school?”

Hana paused a bit before she answers him.

“It’s weird having you acting nice to me.”

“I’m just making sure you don’t skip school. As a fellow schoolmate.”

“I thought you dislike me clinging up to you.”

“You’re annoying, but I don’t dislike you.”

“What does that supposed to mean?

“Aigoo..silly girl. Forget about it. I must be crazy to say that, knowing your brain capacity.”

Hana chuckles at his remarks. Just tell me that you care.

“We’ll stop by the pharmacy to treat your wounds.”

“Just take me home. I’ll do this by myself. I’ve got all the medicines at my place.”

“Don’t be stubborn. Your grandmother will be worried if she sees you in this state.”

“She will be sleeping already by this time. It’s you who needs to stop being stubborn and just take me home. I’m sleepy, so wake me when we arrive.” Hana says as she leans her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes.

Hana feels bad for giving him a hard time, so she decides to treat her own wounds. She lived with her grandmother after her parents died in an accident, she only has her grandmother by her side. And now she has Sehun, who are precious at her heart. She doesn’t want to burden him, he must be worried enough of what happened to her. She snuggles closer to him, cherishing this precious moment.

Sehun gives away, knowing what’s in her head.

..

When Hana goes out the next morning, Sehun is standing outside her door. He really keeps his promise to pick her up to school.

“Sehun!”, she exclaims happily as their eyes meet.

There she goes, being the bubbly Hana again. Sehun unknowingly smile to that.

“I slept well last night. How about you?”, She giggles as she put on her school shoes.

“Good for you. I was busy placing medicine patches on my back, thanks to someone.” He states as he glances over to her.

“Really? Take it off then.”

“Take off? What?”

“Your uniform. Let me see if there’s any patches that were misplaced.” Hana grinned and Sehun gives her a deadpan look.

“I’m speechless at how shameless you are. Let’s go now or we’ll be late.”

Sehun walks off first and Hana follows after him immediately.

“Are your legs better now?”

Sehun asks as he glances over to her knees and ankles. She has placed bandages on the wounded areas and it looks neat. She sure can do that much.

“If I say no, would you give me a piggyback again?”, Hana stares with expectant eyes while clasping her hands together.

“Yes, yes. In your dream. Seeing your crazy side has reappeared, I’m sure you are getting better. You can even run 10 laps in no time.” He answers as he walks faster.

“Jerk.” Hana snorts as she follows him, matching his pace.

Arriving at the school, they went on separate ways. Gina sees Hana and she goes running to hug her.

“Yah, you little girl! Why was you absent those two days? You didn’t tell me anything, too.”

“Sorry, I’m not feeling well. I didn’t manage to tell you that because I’m losing my mind. You know how clumsy I am.”

“It’s okay. What’s important you’re here now. Are you feeling better? Oh, have you heard about how teachers have announced you as innocent?”

"Sehun told me yesterday. Somehow it feels good to be cleared from something I didn't even commit. I wonder why that someone would do this to me."

“I’m not sure. What I’m sure of is that the person dislikes you.”

“But why?”

“I don’t know, maybe they have something against you.”

“I don’t think I have done anything bad to others.”

“It doesn’t have to be bad. Sometimes, being nice and naïve is annoying too.”

“Do you think so?”

“It’s just an assumption. Don’t think too much. You came to school with Sehun today?”

“Yeah. I think he worries about me since I didn’t show up at school.”

“Of course he is. Sehun is being nice to you nowadays. You must be happy.”

Hana instantly smiled.

“He’s cold at times, but I’m glad he opened up to me even as a friend. I have him to lean on through my hard times.”

Gina nods at her answer.

“Sure.”

..

Sehun stares at Hana who is enjoying her food. This is the first time they had lunch together. He usually won’t eat with her because she’s too loud and he prefers eating by himself. However, he just wants to watch over her all the time because he’s worried if someone try to harm her again. He wasn’t this dedicated to any of his schoolmate before and does not understand why he is concerned on her. He keeps assuring himself that he did this out of courtesy and responsibility as her fellow schoolmate and neighbor.

Hana is really into eating, and the curry smeared all over her lips and chin. Sehun sighs as he reaches out for tissue and wipes away those. Hana freezes on the spot due to his sudden gestures and stares at him blankly. Why do he keeps doing things like this? Do he lost his mind while being nice to me? Did he done me wrong, so he's being nice to compensate?

Sehun finishes wiping her lips and places the tissue on the table. He picks up his chopstick and resumes eating.

“Look, I know you’re comfortable with me. But can you eat decently like a normal girl?” Sehun blurts, without looking at her.

Hana looks up to him with full mouth. She chewed harder to empty before she can answer him.

“I’m certainly abnormal. No normal girl will be sitting here eating with you without being cursed out. Right?” She grinned as she continues eating happily.

“Yeah, right. I forgot about that. Eat more, eat until your stomach explodes. Here, take this.” He nods in helplessness as he put more meat in her bowl. She happily accepts it and eat her heart out. I’m sitting here, eating with my crush. How can I lose my appetite? Of course I will eat deliciously.

Hana smiles as she gazes over him who’s eating diligently.