You and Me

An Unnamed Relationship

It was a sunny day and a girl was being punished to run the lap for ten round. And her wrongdoing? She got caught skipping Math class. Kim Hana is a one bright girl, but she’s lacking in academics. She wasn’t in the last place, but somewhere in top 10 of the last. She almost quit her school, but she went on because of someone. A boy she admire so much, Oh Sehun.

He is her neighbor and he lives on the above floor of her house. It has been two years since the boy moved there and went to her school.

She first met him when he was feeding the cats behind a mart near their house. She thought the picture looked so beautiful, how he smiled while petting the cat. His smile is so genuine that his eyes disappeared. She then followed him back and found that they were actually neighbors. Being a bright girl, she went to greet him first but he was a completely different person from that night.

“Hi, I’m your neighbor.” Hana greeted on the way to school, she coincidentally met him while going the same way.

He looked at her once and nodded before continue going his way.

Hana caught up and tried to converse again.

“I’m Hana and I live under your house.”

He stopped on his track and turned to her with an annoyed look.

“So? Should I kneel down and greet you?” He said and walked away coldly.

For the first time, Hana felt so dejected and speechless. His coldness aura is really something, he could practically freeze everything. She was thinking to give him up, but the scene where he was smiling really tugs her heart and she decided to melt away his coldness. Love, can be unique sometimes. It takes little things to flutter one’s heart.

They weren’t classmates but their class is next to each other, so at times she would skip classes and peeped at him from the Art room. The room is opposite to his class and is on second floor, so she would go there and stared at him from the room’s window. However, she wasn’t lucky today because a teacher was making a round to catch students who skip classes, and she was caught.

The teacher who caught her is the strictest teacher in the school, so he called the whole school to watch the students who got caught carrying their punishments.

Hana smiled as she caught the glimpse of Sehun amidst the crowd. It doesn’t matter if she was being punished, as long as she can see him.

“That girl is really crazy.” Sehun muttered under his breath as he saw Hana was smiling as soon as she spotted him. He always knew that she likes him because she obviously didn’t intend to keep it as a secret. He remembered last year when she confessed, it was on his birthday. She knocked at his door and asked him to meet her outside their house.

“What is it?”, Sehun asked as he looked around. It was almost midnight and most of the residents had slept.

“I have something to say.”, Hana gulped as she blinked her eyes nervously.

“Then tell me quickly.”, Sehun fixed his gaze on her. She is that short, he has to look down to speak to her.

Hana stared at her watch, she was actually counting seconds and when the clock strikes 12 she looked up to him.

“Happy birthday.Gosh, I thought I would die from counting those seconds.”, She said, smiling so bright as ever.

Sehun was taken aback by her sudden wish, he never told anyone about his birthday. Seeing his face, she quickly explains.

“I accidentally saw your profile form the other day.”, she bit her lower lip in guilty.

“I don’t celebrate birthday.” Was his prompt reply and he turned to leave. Hana quickly blocked his way by spreading her arms in front of him.

“Wait, there’s one more.”

Sehun stared at her, signaling her to continue. Hana hesitated for a while before she actually spoke.

“I like you.”

It was an awkward silent for exactly three seconds before Sehun spoke.

“So? How do you want me to reply?”

Hana gave a thought of his question and she grinned.

“Maybe, you can tell me the feelings are mutual?”

“In your dream. “ Sehun snorted and Hana pouted at his answer. He gently pushed her aside and walked away. He suddenly stopped after three steps and turned to her.

“You are one shameless girl. Confessing to a man at this time.” He commented and she grinned immediately.

“I can be more shameless than this. I’ll follow you around until you like me.”

Sehun shook his head at her remarks and continue to walk home.

At that time, Sehun never thought she would really do as she said. He thought she was just like those girls who like him and that she will go away eventually.

A year passed since then and she had never stopped following him around, toilet is an exception. At first it was annoying but as time goes by he got used to it. He wasn’t the type to mingle around with people, he didn’t really like the idea of having friends. He believed that people won’t stay, and that they would eventually leave so he hated attachment. His father died of heart attack and he is in bad term with his mother. She left both of them and remarried, he never heard anything since from her. To this, he becomes indifferent to people because he thought no one would stay by his side.

Kim Hana is quite persistent. He pushed her away, speak harsh words and shushed her away but she always ended up running back to him with a bright smiling face. She’s like a kid with no complicated thoughts inside her head. She would speak up for anything she feels and he eventually became a bit closer to her.

“Let’s see if anyone dare to skip classes anymore, next time it will be much severe than this!” The teacher shouted to the crowd as the punished students completed the laps.

“Sehun!” Hana waved from distance and run towards him. Sehun sighed at the sight of her running with sweat all over her face. Just before reaching him, she stepped on her own foot and fall to the ground. Sehun’s eyes widen at the sight and he went up to her.

“Why would you run in the first place?!” Sehun sounds annoyed as soon as he reaches her. He kneeled down beside her to check on her.

Hana smiles at his remarks, unaffected by the fall. She wipes away the dust on her tracksuit and her shirt.

“I’m okay. It doesn’t hurt at all. I’m scared you will go home first and left me behind, that’s why I run.” She answered calmly.

Sehun let out a big sigh.

“ Did I ever left you nowadays?” Sehun asked as his eyes wandered to her knees and elbows, looking for any cuts. It’s indeed true, it’s been a while since they go to and back from school together.

Hana shook her head no, still smiling.

“Come, let’s get up first.”, Sehun said as he stands on his feet, reaching his hand to her. Hana giggled and quickly takes his reached hand. He helped her to stand and lead her to the nearest bench.

“Sit here first. I’ll take our bags at the class and we’ll go home together.”

Hana nodded and Sehun left to their class. Hana looks at his back as he disappears behind the door, a smile creeps up her lips.

She was so happy, at least Sehun has been nicer to her. Before this, he was really a bastard. A cold one, at that. His famous remarks “Go away.”, “Shut down your mouth.”, “Stop following me around.” don’t really works on her. She would either smile away his harsh words, or keep following him quietly. She knew he was aware of it but decided to ignore her. But she won’t give up, she knew her heart belong to him, only him.

“Even if everyone goes away, I’ll be the last one standing by your side, Sehun-ah. That’s how a fool I am.”, She whispered to herself as she spotted Sehun coming back.

“Here.”, He handed her bag and she took it from him, standing right away.

“Let’s go.” She beamed happily as she locked eyes with him and they walk side by side home.

“Are you sure your knee is okay?” Sehun asked halfway after a long silence throughout the journey.

“Are you worried about me now?”, Hana goofed around, peeking glances at him.

“I am the crazy one to ask that, I am.” Sehun looks away and Hana laughs.

“You should just say you are. I’m really fine though.” She said but suddenly she stopped walking as she realized something.

“What is it?” Sehun who is quite in front turns back to her.

“If I told you that my knees are hurt, would you piggyback me home instead? Aish, I should have acted weak just now.” Hana knocked her head lightly. Sehun looks at her in disbelief.

“You’re really shameless.” Sehun turns around and continue to walk, even faster than before. Before he knows it, a smile creep up on his lips.

“Eh, wait for me!”, Hana shouts before catching up to him.

..

“Sehun!”

Hana greeted as soon as she spotted him waiting for her at the door downstairs. She was quite late today because her body aches from the fall the other day.

“If we’re punished for being late you’re going to be responsible for it.” Sehun said as he walked ahead of her.

“I got it, okay.” Hana pouted as she tried to catch up to him, limping. When sehun realizes that she is left behind, he turns to her and is surprised to see her limping away.

Hana sees his expressions and she quickly chuckles.

“You can go first, I’ll just follow from behind.”

“You said you weren’t hurt that day.”

“It only hurt today.”, Hana answered in guilty for making him worry.

Sehun thought for a while and he stared back at her.

“Aren’t you going to school? Let’s go.” Sehun said and Hana blinked at him.

“Let’s just go slowly, being late once in a while wouldn’t hurt.”, He said as he turns around, waiting for her to catch up to him. Hana smiles at his words and quickly went up to him.

Sehun walks slowly as he tries to match her pace.

“Wouldn’t it will be much faster if you piggyback me?” Hana suddenly speaks and Sehun is amazed on how thick her skin is.

“Do I look crazy enough to do that?” Was his prompt reply and Hana pretends to be sulky.

“You’re so mean.”

“That’s one nice thing to say to someone who is running late because of you.”

Hana immediately smile at his remarks and bit her lips in pure happiness. The mighty Oh Sehun actually gave away to her.

..