I am [your Valentine]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

Back so soon!


This is one of the one shots I've written before we lost inspiration for this series for a while. I hope things are gonna move forward a little faster from now on because I hate making you guys wait for updates all the time...

Anyway, I'm actually kinda proud of this one. It mainly includes rensung, seungjin and jeongwoo but there's also a tiny bit of changlix. There's a slight warning for some choking (nothing i promise) but I thought I'd put it here just in case...

 

Jisung wouldn’t say that he was the jealous type.

After about five months of dating Renjun in secret he had gotten pretty used to all the attention his boyfriend was getting from guys. It wasn’t like Jisung never got asked out but Renjun was almost as popular around here as Hyunjin.

“Renjun, do you maybe want to go to the Valentine’s dance with me?” a Gryffindor seventh year asked Renjun at breakfast a few days before Valentine’s day. He held out a box of chocolate frogs to Renjun, a hopeful expression present on his face.

“I’m sorry, uh...”

“Daejun,” the guy provided.

“Yeah, uh, I’m sorry Daejun. I’m not really planning on going to the dance,” Renjun told him.

Daejun’s shoulders slumped. “Oh... then maybe we could go to Hogsmeade that evening instead?” he tried again. Jisung had to hold back a snicker at the guy’s fruitless attempts.

“Sorry, I already have plans,” Renjun told him.

It wasn’t a lie. Renjun and Jisung were planning on doing something together, after all.

Daejun still held out his box of chocolate frogs to Renjun. “At least take this... your friend said they’re your favorite,” he half-pleaded.

Jisung raised an eyebrow. That guy had even consulted one of Renjun’s friends?

“I couldn’t...” Renjun trailed off, trying to politely decline but Daejun just put the box down on the table next to Renjun’s plate and grinned.

“I insist. Maybe it’ll make you reconsider,” he said and winked before taking off.

Once he was out of earshot, Jisung finally let out his laughter.

“Maybe you should go with him. He seemed pretty into you,” he joked. Renjun rolled his eyes but couldn’t hide the oncoming smile at his boyfriend’s antics. “No, really. He was cute. And he even got you chocolate,” Jisung continued teasing his boyfriend.

“Shut up, oh my god,” Renjun said, laughing.

“What? It’s not my fault you’re so breathtakingly gorgeous!” Jisung fully faced him, batting his eyelashes in a faux shy manner. “Oh, Renjun... would you perhaps go to the dance with me?” Renjun picked up a piece of toast and shoved it into Jisung’s mouth, effectively making the younger shut up.

“I do kind of want to go, though...” Renjun mumbled.

Jisung looked at him. “Then let’s go,” he replied, still chewing on the piece of toast.

“Nobody’s going to buy it, if we go ‘as friends’ again like we did on Halloween,” Renjun said.

“True... besides, all your admirers would murder me,” Jisung pointed out, laughing at the fake-glare Renjun sent his way. “What if we ask our single friends and just go on a double date? This way we could still go together but not together,” the younger suggested.

Renjun seemed to ponder it for a few seconds before nodding. “Okay, if anyone’s down.”

“Oh, I’m sure you’ll have no problem finding someone,” Jisung said, wagging his eyebrows.

Renjun slightly shoved him, muttering something under his breath that vaguely sounded like ‘why do I even put up with you’. Jisung only laughed.

~

“Jeongin, what are you up to?” Hyunjin asked when he saw his Hufflepuff friend dancing around in the corridor on his way to class. Jeongin jumped when he noticed Hyunjin.

“Oh, hey! I was just...” he trailed off.

“Practicing?” Hyunjin helped. Jeongin blushed and nodded. “So, I take it you and Sunwoo are going to the Valentine’s dance together?” the older asked.

“Well, we actually haven’t talked about it. But I want to go. I hope he does, too. I know he doesn’t usually go to these things, but it might be fun...” Jeongin told him.

“I’m sure he’d love to go as long as it’s with you,” Hyunjin teased his younger friend.

It was astounding to see how Sunwoo’s whole demeanor had started to change over the past few weeks. Jeongin was good for him. Hyunjin just hoped that Sunwoo wouldn’t end up pushing him away.

“I’ll ask him later!” Jeongin exclaimed cheerfully. “I have to go now! See you later, Hyunjin!”

Hyunjin chuckled fondly, watching Jeongin practically fly down the corridor.

~

“Happy Valentine’s day!”

Seungmin looked up from his History of Magic book he was using to do his homework, to find Hyunjin standing in front of him, a big grin on his face and a huge red rose in his hand. The librarian shot the two of them an icy glare due to the noise they were making.

“It’s not even Valentine’s day yet, love,” Seungmin pointed out with a fond little chuckle, though he took the rose and smelled.

“Every day is Valentine’s day when I’m with you,” Hyunjin told him as he sank down into the seat next to Seungmin’s. The younger laughed at his cheesy boyfriend and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

“You’re lame but I love you,” he said.

Hyunjin grinned and rested his head on Seungmin’s shoulder. “Are you studying for fun or do you have a test coming up,” he asked.

“I’m not studying ‘for fun’. The goal is to improve my knowledge,” Seungmin explained. Hyunjin only looked at him blankly. Seungmin slumped his shoulders. “Fine, I’m here for fun,” he admitted, causing the older to laugh.

“So, if I were to whisk you away to Hogsmeade, would you say yes?” Hyunjin asked him.

“Of course, I would,” Seungmin agreed, smiling.

“Then let’s go,” the older said enthusiastically.

“Do I get to put my books back first?” Seungmin joked.

“Sure, but hurry!” Hyunjin urged his boyfriend.

After Seungmin had finally put all his books back where they belonged Hyunjin took his boyfriend’s hand and together they made their way down to Hogsmeade.

“I hope you’re aware that I have the cheesiest date planned,” Hyunjin pointed out when they walked through the fairly busy streets of the village. He led Seungmin into one of the side alleys.

“Where are we going?” Seungmin questioned, looking around the unfamiliar area. He had been to the Hog’s Head Inn with Jisung once, but he had never been here.

“We’re going to the tackiest place I could find,” Hyunjin informed him as they rounded a corner. The Slytherin pointed straight ahead.

“Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shop? Wow, that really does sound tacky,” Seungmin stated with a laugh when he read the sign above the door.

Hyunjin giggled in delight. “I know, right?”

“Let’s go inside, then,” Seungmin said.

Hyunjin grinned and took his boyfriend’s hand again, leading him into the café. The interior was just as tacky as the name of this place but Seungmin found himself kind of enjoying it. And old lady shuffled over to their table the second they’d taken a seat, handing them both menus. They thanked her and she headed to the next table.

“Wow, that’s a lot of different cake flavors,” Hyunjin stated, studying the menu. Seungmin silently agreed. He didn’t think he’d even heard of half of these.

“How did you find out about this place?” he asked Hyunjin.

“I overheard some underclassmen talk about how great the lemon cake here is,” Hyunjin explained. “And I figured why not take you along to check if they were right.”

Seungmin chuckled. He wasn’t sure when exactly the older had developed such a love for lemon cake, but he found his excitement about it very endearing.

“Are you looking forward to the dance?” Hyunjin questioned, leaned back in his chair, looking at Seungmin. The Ravenclaw pretended to think, a small smile spreading on his face.

“Let’s see... am I really looking forward to spending an entire evening dancing with you?” he teased, causing Hyunjin to laugh. “I can’t wait,” Seungmin told him, sounding sincere. “Though I’m sure Jisung’s going to spike the punch again. I don’t understand how he never gets caught,” he mused.

“He knows what he’s doing, I guess,” Hyunjin answered. “Who do you think he’s gonna go with?”

Seungmin shrugged. “Maybe Renjun? Those two do everything together these days,” he suggested. “I feel like I’ve been replaced as a best friend,” he joked.

“You and me both, my love,” Hyunjin agreed, chuckling.

“They do seem to get along, though. Who knows... maybe it’ll turn into something,” Hyunjin stated.

“I’ve been hoping for that since Jisung had that crush on Renjun last fall,” Seungmin said.

“How crazy would that be, though? Your best friend ending up with mine?” Hyunjin mused, grinning.

“Especially since I’d have to fight yours if he ever hurt Jisung!” Seungmin joked along.

“Likewise!”

The lady came back to take their orders; two slices of lemon cake and some green tea.

“I’m happy,” Hyunjin stated, munching on the lemon cake.

Seungmin smiled. “Is the cake that good?”

“It is, but that’s not why I’m happy,” Hyunjin replied, looking back at him with a fond look. “I just love to be with you. You make me happy, Kim Seungmin,” he told his boyfriend.

Seungmin blushed at Hyunjin’s honesty. They had been dating for over a year now and he still got flustered around the older.

“You make me happy too,” Seungmin answered shyly.

He couldn’t even remember what his life had been like before he had started dating Hyunjin. And if he was honest, he didn’t even want to remember.

~

Once Seungmin and Hyunjin had finished eating they settled for just walking around the streets of Hogsmeade, their hands clasped together.

“You know what this place could really use?” Seungmin spoke up suddenly.

“What?” Hyunjin asked.

“Live music! Like, in one of the pubs. I mean, it’s lively around here but music would make everything 10 times better,” Seungmin explained enthusiastically.

“You’re right. It would be pretty cool to have some live music around here. Maybe you should pitch that idea to the owners of said pubs,” Hyunjin suggested.

Seungmin grinned at the idea. “I just might.”

It got a little too cold for comfort soon, so they quickly got some sweets at Honeydukes and then made their way back to the castle.

“This was fun,” Seungmin told Hyunjin, smiling.

“It was. And that cake really was great,” the Slytherin agreed. “I assume you still want to study a little, though, right?” he asked.

“I should...” Seungmin admitted.

“That’s alright. Don’t look so guilty,” Hyunjin said with a chuckle. “Study well, my love,” he added, leaning in to kiss the younger’s lips.

“Always,” Seungmin replied. “Love you!” he added.

“I love you, too!”

~

“Hey, so Jeongin seems pretty excited,” Hyunjin spoke up when he entered the dorms after his date with Seungmin. Sunwoo who had been doing his Defense Against the Dark Arts homework on his bed looked up, confused.

“About what?” Sunwoo questioned. Hyunjoon, who was also in the room, snorted.

Hyunjin chuckled as he plopped onto his bed. “Valentine’s day? The dance?” he helped his friend.

“Oh...” Sunwoo mumbled, a frown on his face.

“Don’t tell me you forgot!” Hyunjin exclaimed, sounding shocked.

“I didn’t... but I wanted to,” Sunwoo said.

Hyunjin’s features softened a little. “I know you’re not exactly fond of this day. But Jeongin’s so cute about it! I think it would really mean a lot to him,” he said.

Sunwoo seemed to consider that.

“Come on, Sunwoo, channel your inner romantic,” Hyunjoon joked.

Hyunjin chuckled. “Shut up, Hyunjoon. Are you even going?” he retorted. Hyunjoon grinned and nodded.

“Who are you going with?” Sunwoo asked Hyunjoon whose grin widened.

“Bomin, obviously!” he said matter-of-factly. “Hang on, what? You and Bomin? Since when?” Hyunjin questioned.

“We started dating around Christmas... we somehow ended up meeting at the same ski resort,” Hyunjoon told his two classmates.

“Damn, that’s quite the upgrade if you ask me,” Hyunjin commented, since he had not been to fond of Hyunjoon’s previous boyfriend. Hyunjoon had started a brief romance with Go Sangyeol after the summer holidays. Something Hyunjin would never understand.

Hyunjoon laughed. “I guess so. But anyway, Sunwoo, if I can score a decent date for the dance then so can you,” he encouraged the slightly younger boy.

“It’s not about that...” Sunwoo said. “I don’t want to ruin the dance with my presence. Jeongin deserves to have fun...”

“And he will. He’s so excited to go with you...” Hyunjin assured him.

Sunwoo contemplated it for a while. It was risky given his... circumstances but it was for his boyfriend.

“I mean... I guess for Jeongin I could,” he finally said. “I should probably ask him, though, right?” he added, putting his homework aside and getting up from his bed.

“Go get him, tiger!” Hyunjoon called after him.

Hyunjin snorted and got up as well. “Anyway, now that I’ve played cupid, I’m gonna go see what Binnie’s up to. See you!”

“Alright, see you!”

~

After class, Renjun insisted on changing out of his robes before he and Jisung headed to Hogsmeade for the afternoon. Jisung stretched his limbs out of Renjun’s bed. His eyes fell onto the chocolate frogs the older had received a few hours prior.

“Babe, I’ll snack one of those frogs you got this morning, okay?” he told Renjun, already unwrapping one. Renjun was putting on a sweater and only acknowledged Jisung with a hum.

The younger happily munched on a chocolate frog, thinking that Daejun was a really nice for giving Renjun such delicious chocolate. He found himself thinking that Daejun was really nice in general. He was pretty cute as well.

“Are you okay, babe? You look a little spaced out,” Renjun questioned suddenly. Jisung furrowed his brows and looked at him like he had just now realized that he was even in the room.

“Look, I know we’re friends and all but only Daejun can call me babe!” Renjun laughed and sat down on his bed.

“Are the frogs that good?” he asked.

Jisung smiled brightly. “Of course. My Daejun only buys the best snacks,” he swooned. “Can we go see him? I haven’t seen him since this morning,” Jisung continued, pouting suddenly.

Renjun gave him a confused look. Jisung seemed to be serious about this.

“Uh, this isn’t funny anymore, babe. Why are you suddenly swooning about his guy?” he questioned. Jisung crossed his arms over his chest.

“Do my feelings seem funny to you? I want to go see Daejun right now! I think... I love him! And I need to tell him right now! Don’t you get it?”

“I can’t say I do... wait...” Renjun muttered, a thought crossing his mind as his gaze dropped onto the box of chocolate frogs.

Daejun wouldn’t have...

Maybe it’ll make you reconsider...

Realization dawned on Renjun’s face. Daejun had given him chocolate frogs filled with a love potion!

“Unbelievable...” he mumbled to himself, anger bubbling inside of him.

“Whatever, I’ll go look for Daejun!” Jisung announced and got up from Renjun’s bed. The older rolled his eyes. He had to find an antidote for Jisung quickly before he ran into Daejun for real.

“Wait for me. I think I might know where he is,” Renjun told him through gritted teeth.

Jisung jumped in delight. “Really? Can you show me?” he asked, already pulling him along.

Of course, Renjun had no idea where that guy was but for now, he had to focus on helping Jisung.

“Have you ever been in love, Renjunnie? I feel like I just want to shout it from the Astronomy tower!” Jisung exclaimed as he obliviously followed Renjun.

“I...” Renjun trailed off. “I guess I know how you feel,” he muttered, not really wanting to get into it much further. At least not when his boyfriend was like this...

~

“Uh... is he okay?” Hyunjin questioned when Renjun stood in front of the Slytherin common room with Jisung in tow.

The younger seemed weird and not like himself. “It’s a long story. Do you know where Hyunjoon is?” Renjun questioned, looking almost stressed.

“Sure. He’s doing his homework in our dorm. I was just there,” Hyunjin answered.

“Why are we going to see Hyunjoon? I thought you were taking me to my Daejun!” Jisung complained.

“I will afterwards,” Renjun promised, though it didn’t take a genius to see that he did not mean those words.

“Love potion?” Hyunjin guessed. Renjun only nodded as Jisung huffed.

“Believe it or not, I actually like him! He didn’t need to give me a potion first!” he snapped. Hyunjin raised his hands in defeat and let Renjun take Jisung to Hyunjoon.

Hyunjin decided to try and find Changbin and Felix. Luckily, it didn’t take him very long as the two of them were handing out in the entrance hall, sitting on the grand staircase.

“Hey, where’s your other half?” Felix teased Hyunjin once he’d spotted him.

“Very funny! He’s studying. What are you two up to?” the Slytherin questioned.

“We were just with Josh. He was telling us about his crush,” Felix explained as Changbin grinned and nodded.

Hyunjin sat down on the step below theirs. “I thought you were his crush,” he deadpanned, earning himself a slap on the arm from Felix. “Ow! What? Didn’t he–”

“No, we do not speak of that,” Changbin interrupted his friend.

Hyunjin pouted. “Fine... who’s Josh’s crush?”

“Are we at liberty to say?” Changbin asked Felix.

“It’s not like I’m going to tell anybody!” Hyunjin complained. Felix and Changbin exchanged a look.

“Alright, do you know Yeosang?” Changbin finally gave in, unable to keep anything from one of his best friends. “He’s also a Slytherin and he’s in my year.”

“Oh, yeah I know him! He’s nice,” Hyunjin said.

“Well, Josh just told us that he asked him to the dance and Yeosang said yes,” Felix explained.

“Aw, that’s so cute! But wait – doesn’t Yeosang have a boyfriend?” Hyunjin asked.

Changbin shook his head. “They broke up a while ago. It was one of the reasons why Josh was so hesitant to ask. He was scared to get rejected because it might be too soon for Yeosang. I’m glad he did it, though,” he said.

“Yeah, he seems to like Yeosang a lot. It was so cute to see him swoon like that,” Felix agreed.

Hyunjin chuckled. “I’m sure it was.”

“Anyway, what are your plans for Valentine’s day?” Changbin asked him.

“Well, Seungmin and I are going to the dance and... we’ll see about where we’ll go from there,” Hyunjin replied shrugging. He would’ve loved to spend the whole day with Seungmin in their own world, but his had scheduled a Quidditch practice for that afternoon.

It was necessary if they wanted to win against Gryffindor in two weeks, though. Seungmin understood but Hyunjin still regretted his decision a little.

“What about you guys?” he questioned. The couple exchanged another look.

“We’re probably just gonna go get some chocolate cake in the kitchen,” Felix said, giving his boyfriend a meaningful grin that Hyunjin didn’t understand.

“Are you going to the dance?”

Changbin shrugged. “Maybe. If we feel like it. Those crowded parties with teachers watching our every move aren’t exactly what I’d call a fun night... I still remember Halloween...”

“Like getting ‘kidnapped’ by Eric wasn’t fun,” Hyunjin said, laughing.

“Well, he’s probably not gonna do it again, so what’s the point of going?”

“Yeah, and this way we won’t get scolded by teachers for ‘inappropriate dancing’,” Felix added, which earned him two exasperated gasps from the Slytherins.

“Just kidding... maybe...”

~

“Renjun! What brings you to my humble quarters?” Heo Hyunjoon, their classmate (and also Renjun’s ex-boyfriend) greeted him when he and Jisung walked into the sixth year Slytherin dorm.

“Hyunjin let us in. Look, I hate to ask for your help–”

“Seriously, why are we here? Daejun’s a Gryffindor!” Jisung interrupted Renjun impatiently.

“What happened to him?” Hyunjoon asked, seeming amused.

“My dear friend here has accidentally taken a love potion. It was actually meant for me...”

“Why am I not surprised?” Hyunjoon commented.

“Can you help him? I know how good you are when it comes to potions...”

Hyunjoon chuckled at the compliment. “Your words flatter me. You’re in luck. like this happens every year, so I’m usually prepared,” Hyunjoon told him, already crouching down from next to his bed. He pulled a large, wooden box from under the bed and set it down on his comforter.

“Ugh, is this going to take long? I miss Daejun...” Jisung whined, paying absolutely no attention to Hyunjoon.

“Don’t worry, we’ll go see your Daejun soon. Just drink this for me first, will you?” Renjun pleaded when Hyunjoon handed him a little vial.

“But I want to go right now! I need to tell him how I feel!” Jisung exclaimed.

“Look, if you drink this, I can guarantee that you’ll feel extra confident when you confess to that guy. Renjun’s just looking out for you,” Hyunjoon spoke up, leaning against his bed frame.

Jisung looked from him to Renjun to the vial before taking it from Renjun’s hands and downing its contents in one go. He stood still for a few seconds before seemingly getting dizzy. Renjun sat him down on the bed next to Hyunjoon’s and crouched down in front of him with a worried expression.

“Are you okay?” he questioned. Jisung blinked a few times, taking in his surroundings.

“What happened? We were just at our dorm...” he asked, confusion written all over his face.

So, he couldn’t even remember anything that happened?

“The chocolate frog you ate had a love potion in it. I asked Hyunjoon here for an antidote...” Renjun quickly explained.

“And I won’t even charge you,” Hyunjoon offered jokingly. Jisung slowly rose from the bed.

“Thank you, Hyunjoon. I’m going to kill that Daejun kid,” Jisung said.

Renjun stood up as well, the anger in his stomach boiling harder than before. “Not if I kill him first. That potion was meant for me after all...” he said. “We should probably go. Thanks again, Hyunjoon,” Renjun thanked the Slytherin who just waved off.

“Anytime, gorgeous.”

~

“See, I’m not the only one who thinks you’re gorgeous... though maybe I shouldn’t be so thrilled about your ex agreeing with me,” Jisung said once they finally were on their way to Hogsmeade. Renjun only laughed half-heartedly.

Jisung stopped in his tracks and reached out to grab Renjun’s wrist. “I’m sorry. You’re probably pissed at me,” he said apologetically.

Renjun shook his head. “Of course, I’m not mad at you. It’s not like you knew. I’m mad at him for doing this. It’s just ed up...” he explained to Jisung who nodded in agreement.

“You’re right... but we can focus on kicking that guy’s for it later. For now, I want to spend time with you and just have fun,” he said.

Renjun smiled at his words. “Alright, that really does sound better,” he said.

~

Sunwoo sought out Jeongin once he had left his dorm. It wasn’t very hard to find him since he usually had his tutoring sessions with Jinyoung right around this time. Sunwoo caught Jeongin just as the younger was leaving the library.

His boyfriend’s face brightened up when he saw Sunwoo and he immediately came over to hug him. “I didn’t know you were going to pick me up,” he stated. Sunwoo reciprocated his hug, feeling a little nervous for some reason.

“I’m not– I mean... I wasn’t but I guess I wanted to, uh, ask you something?” he stammered. Jeongin looked up at him, his interest clearly piqued. “Would you maybe like to go to the Valentine’s dance, uh... with me?” Sunwoo asked. His heart swelled when he saw Jeongin’s face light up again.

“You actually want to go? Because I wanted to ask you the same thing. I just wasn’t sure...” Jeongin rambled excitedly. Sunwoo gave him a fond smile, his nervousness evaporating. “That was a yes by the way!” the younger added, pressing an excited kiss onto Sunwoo’s lips.

Seeing how happy the younger was already made it worth it for Sunwoo. And who knows, maybe things would be alright...

“Wanna go for a walk?” Jeongin asked him, the bright smile still prominent on his face.

Sunwoo smiled and nodded, letting Jeongin take his hand and lead him outside. “You should probably be wearing your scarf. It’s cold today,” Sunwoo pointed out. Jeongin hummed in agreement and fished his boyfriend’s Slytherin scarf out of his bag. Sunwoo helped him wrap it around his neck properly, making sure it sat right. “That’s better,” he said.

Jeongin smiled and linked their hands together again.

“Sorry about not asking you to go to the dance with me earlier,” Sunwoo apologized suddenly.

Jeongin waved off. “It’s okay. I know you’re not that comfortable around other people,” he replied.

“Still...”

“Don’t worry about it. We can also just do something else if you don’t want to go,” Jeongin assured him, squeezing his hand.

Sunwoo squeezed it right back and smiled at him. “I want to,” he promised.

Sure, he was still scared that something bad might happen, but he just loved seeing Jeongin happy.

Jeongin reached up to adjust his scarf a little, his eyes suddenly widening.

“Are you okay?” Sunwoo questioned, alarmed when he caught his boyfriend’s almost panicked expression. Jeongin made a strangled sound, his other hand also trying to pull on the scarf now. It seemed to get tighter around his neck by the second like it was a snake.

Sunwoo panicked; he didn’t know what to do besides trying to tug on the scarf as well. Some students hanging around in the courtyard started to notice what was going on. Before he knew it, Sunwoo was pushed aside by several students who were trying to help Jeongin, among them Lucas.

Finally, after what felt like minutes to Sunwoo who had tried to get back to Jeongin, Lucas held up the scarf.

“It came off!” he exclaimed, tossing it to the side carelessly. Jeongin was sitting on the floor by now, hand cradling his own neck as coughs escaped his mouth. Sunwoo was back at his side in no time now that the crowd around him had made some space. He ignored the glare Lucas shot him.

“Are you alright?” Sunwoo questioned frantically, taking Jeongin’s free hand into both of his.

“Does he look alright to you? Your cursed scarf did this to him!” a Ravenclaw girl shrieked at him.

“Why am I not surprised? The strangest things start happening to Jeongin when you’re around...” Lucas spat. “The strangest thing of all is that he’s dating you!”

“Enough!” Jeongin finally spoke up, his voice hoarse, as he let Sunwoo help him to his feet. “Sunwoo did nothing wrong, so leave him alone!”

It was rare to see Jeongin get mad. Sunwoo was about to retract his hands but Jeongin grabbed one of them and tightly linked their fingers together.

“Jeongin, you should really go to the hospital wing,” Lucas told him.

Jeongin actually glared at him. “I will. And I’ll let Sunwoo take me there. Thanks for your help but we’ve got it from here!” With that Jeongin led Sunwoo back inside the castle.

“I-I’m so–” “No! This is not your fault so don’t you dare apologize!” Jeongin interrupted him, already knowing what he was going to say. But if it wasn’t Sunwoo’s fault then whose fault was it?

“L-let’s just go to Madame Pomfrey,” Sunwoo stammered, not wanting to argue with Jeongin right now. Not when he was still coughing from time to time.

Of course, something like this had to happen just when he had started to believe that things could be alright.

~

“Are you sure you’re good to go?” Sunwoo asked about 20 minutes later when Jeongin took his hand again.

“I feel fine. Madame Pomfrey said I was fine. Please don’t worry about me,” he assured Sunwoo. His anger from before had completely vanished.

“I just feel like this is all my fault. It was my scarf that did this to you...” Sunwoo worried.

“Someone was probably just playing an evil prank on us. I know you’d never hurt me,” Jeongin said.

“I don’t want you to get hurt, though...” Sunwoo argued.

“I won’t. You need to trust yourself more. I trust you, Sunwoo...” Jeongin said, stopping in his tracks. Sunwoo followed suit and let Jeongin pull him into a hug. “This wasn’t your fault, okay?” he muttered into the crook of Sunwoo’s neck.

The older hesitated for a moment before wrapping his arms Sunwoo’s around middle and mumbling a barely audible “okay...”

~

The same evening, Renjun couldn’t be held back when he spotted Daejun sitting at the Gryffindor table during dinner. He stormed over and threw the chocolate frogs down on the table in front of Daejun. The box landed in the Gryffindor’s soup bowl, making it splash onto his robes.

“What the ? What’s your problem?” Daejun questioned angrily as he tried to wipe the soup off.

“My problem? Let me think for a second... oh yeah, my ing problem is that you tried to give me a ing love potion!” Renjun yelled at him, his rage hitting him full force.

“Why the hell would I do that?” Daejun fired back. Renjun’s eyes narrowed. He couldn’t believe that this guy even had the audacity to lie right into his face.

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe because you’re pathetic and the only way for you to get a date is to bend a person’s will and force them to like you?” he snapped.

“Calm down, you’re not that special!” Daejun spat. “Word around here is that you give it to anyone if they give you some chocolate and a few compliments! I don’t even need to use a love potion on you!”

Renjun’s jaw dropped at his words. But before he could even fully process what Daejun had just said to him, the Gryffindor was already being yanked from his seat and punched square in the face. Jisung, who had followed his boyfriend to the Gryffindor table stood above the guy, his fist still balled from the punch.

“Care to say that again?”

Renjun held him back by his robes, as Professor Flitwick approached them from the teacher’s table with a sour expression on his face.

“Han Jisung! Physically attacking another student. That’s 30 points from Ravenclaw and detention tomorrow!”

“But professor–”

“Silence, Mr Huang or would you like to join your friend!” Professor Flitwick warned him.

Renjun’s jaw tightened at the injustice. “Fine...” he mumbled. “Let’s get out of here, Jisung,” he addressed his boyfriend who shot one last glare at Daejun before following Renjun out of the Great Hall.

Changbin, Felix, Seungmin and Hyunjin caught up with them pretty quickly, having witnessed the entire thing from the Gryffindor table a few seats away.

“What the hell was that all about?” Seungmin questioned. Renjun just shrugged but Jisung quickly filled them in on what had happened with the love potion.

“And just now, that guy had the audacity to basically call him a ,” Jisung finished his story. Hyunjin looked at Renjun, shocked.

“It’s not a big deal, guys. Jisung already got himself into detention over it,” Renjun shrugged. Of course, the words had stung, but he wasn’t going to waste time thinking about it.

“Still, he can’t just say that to you. Jisung was right to punch him. I would’ve done the exact same thing,” Hyunjin said.

“You’d better not!” Seungmin warned him.

“Anyway, are you two going to be okay?” Changbin asked Renjun and Jisung.

“Sure, I think this is only like the second time I’ve gotten detention this year. I almost missed it,” Jisung said, waving off.

“Okay, then... I think I’m heading upstairs. I’ve completely lost my appetite thanks to this jerk,” Renjun announced and took off without further words.

~

“Damn, that was intense...” Seungmin stated a while later. He had joined Hyunjin in his common room.

“Yeah... I really want to give that Daejun guy a piece of my mind...” Hyunjin grumbled.

“He’s not worth getting in trouble over. Jisung already managed to do so...” Seungmin scolded him.

Hyunjin huffed. “I know... but did you see Jun’s face earlier? He does not deserve this.”

“Of course, he doesn’t. But what good would it do to beat that guy’s ?” Seungmin reasoned. Hyunjin sighed and leaned into his boyfriend’s side burying his face in the crook of his neck, relishing in the way Seungmin’s arm wrapped itself around his middle.

“You’re so responsible...” he muttered. It wasn’t a critique though. He admired Seungmin’s everlasting patience.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt...” Seungmin waved off. Hyunjin smiled, his face still hidden. “Shut up,” Seungmin added, making his boyfriend laugh.

“I didn’t even say anything,” Hyunjin pointed out.

“You were going to say something embarrassing...” Seungmin stated matter-of-factly. Hyunjin lifted his head and pressed his lips to Seungmin’s cheek.

“I love you,” Hyunjin told him. Seungmin looked at him.

“I know,” he said, laughing when Hyunjin started to pout. He grabbed his boyfriend’s chin and kissed him properly. “I love you too, you dork...”

~

“Babe, are you sure you’re alright?” Jisung asked once the two of them were alone again. Renjun nodded shortly.

“That guy just pissed me off. I mean, what was he going to do once I drank that potion? Apparently, I’m a anyway, so do I even have to ask?”

“You’re not a , and you know it. That guy’s just an ,” Jisung assured him, taking his hand.

“Yeah, I know... I shouldn’t even be taking it to heart...” Renjun agreed.

However, he couldn’t help but think if people really thought of him as a . He had never thought of himself as one. He had never really dated around like Hyunjin (who also wasn’t a ) and sure, he’d had his fair share of boyfriends over the past few years but that didn’t automatically make him a , right?

~

The next morning at the breakfast table, Eric slumped into the seat across from Jisung. “Hey, you okay?” Jisung questioned when Eric sighed.

“I asked Juyeon to the dance and he rejected me because his stupid friends were around,” he explained, sounding defeated. Jisung felt bad for his friend as Eric had liked Juyeon for a long time now.

“We could go together. As friends, of course,” Jisung offered, remembering that he had wanted to ask one of his friends anyway.

Eric smiled faintly. “Do you think Juyeon will be jealous?” he asked.

“I’ll bet on it,” Jisung encouraged his friend.

The worst part about this was that Juyeon would most definitely really be jealous. Jisung had already taken notice of Juyeon’s behavior before. He pretended not to like Eric like that because he claimed to be straight but whenever Eric flirted with other guys Juyeon would act like a jealous boyfriend. Jisung wished that the guy would finally make up his mind because his friend was only going to get hurt in the long run.

“Alright, let’s go together,” Eric agreed just as Renjun joined them. He already looked much more cheerful than the previous day.

“Hey, Renjun. Do you have a date for the Valentine’s dance?” Eric asked him.

Renjun gave Jisung a short look. “I’m going with Jongho. I asked him this morning. We’re just going as friends, though,” he replied.

“Then let’s go as a group. I just asked Eric here,” Jisung told his boyfriend.

Renjun chuckled. “Sure. I’m down,” he agreed.

“If you ask me, I can’t wait for stupid Valentine’s day to be over already...” Eric muttered.

“Hey, it’ll be alright. I’m sure Juyeon will come around one day.”

“I hope he’ll come around before I’m old and wrinkly. I won’t be hot forever,” Eric said.

Jisung hated to see his friend so discouraged. It wasn’t healthy for him to be pining after Juyeon, but Eric was nothing if not stubborn and Jisung knew that Juyeon felt something for him as well.

Eric ate breakfast with Jisung and Renjun before heading to his first class of the day. “I feel so bad for him. I just want to knock some sense into Juyeon,” Jisung told his boyfriend as they made their way to Potions class. #

I know... it’s tragic. They’d be so cute together,” Renjun agreed.

“Not cuter than us, though,” Jisung joked with a wide grin.

Renjun laughed and threw an arm around his shoulders. “Of course not.”

~

“Wow, the cupids were a bit much if you ask me,” Seungmin stated once he and Hyunjin had entered the Great Hall on the evening of the dance.

Hyunjin giggled. “I think the tacky heart balloons are a bit worse, though. Like, it was kinda cute at that café but...”

Seungmin laughed and dragged him along. “Let’s get some punch before Jisung gets here...” he said. He had no intentions to drink that stuff after Jisung had put Firewhiskey in. They got their drinks and talked to a few friends before heading out onto the dancefloor.

“I feel like we never got to dance a lot before during school dances before,” Hyunjin pointed out. Seungmin thought about it for a second before realizing that Hyunjin was right.

“Yeah, the first time you were too busy winning me back,” Seungmin said. Hyunjin rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless.

“And last time our friends got abducted,” he added.

“Then let’s make the most out of this one, shall we?” Seungmin offered.

Hyunjin grinned. “I’d love that.”

~

Despite going with different dates, Renjun actually looked forward to the dance a little bit. He was sure he could sneak in a dance or two with Jisung. The Great Hall was decorated with hearts and miniature cupids were flying around shooting tiny arrows at the students.

Jongho volunteered to get them something to drink and Jisung made sure to hand him the little flask that he had brought along to spike the punch. Renjun chuckled at his boyfriend’s antics.

“There’s not a single party without you spiking the punch, huh,” he stated, only getting a grin in return.

“Juyeon’s here...” Eric mumbled, sounding bitter when he saw the Ravenclaw stand on the other side of the Great Hall, looking over at him.

“Ignore him. Pretend you’re not interested,” Jisung said and gave Renjun a short look. The older understood and nodded so Jisung pulled Eric along by his hand, dragging him to the dancefloor.

Renjun saw Juyeon’s gaze turning sour at the action. He seemed to actually contemplate approaching them but ultimately decided against it. Renjun’s eyes landed on Daejun not too far from him. He rolled his eyes, not paying him any further attention. Jongho returned with the drinks, looking around.

“Jisung and Eric headed to the dancefloor,” Renjun explained.

“Well, more for us, then,” Jongho replied and handed him two drinks. Renjun laughed and sipped at one of them. He made a face at the taste of alcohol. Jisung had really picked something strong this time. Jongho only chuckled at his expression and downed one drink after the other.

“Bro, I think that guy’s glaring at me,” he pointed out, looking over Renjun’s shoulder. The older turned around and saw a guy who had asked him on the dance basically glaring daggers at Jongho. “Now imagine what it would be like if I was your real date,” the Gryffindor laughed it off.

Renjun was glad that Jongho didn’t seem to take it to heart.

~

“Dance with me, Sunwoo?” Jeongin pleaded.

So far, the two of them had only sat around and talked. Sunwoo had advised his boyfriend to stay away from the punch since Hyunjin had mentioned something about Jisung planning to spike it.

“I-I don’t usually...” Sunwoo trailed off, but still let himself get pulled along.

“Please?” Jeongin asked him cutely.

“Alright... but only one song!” he said, glad that he wasn’t usually one to blush, when Jeongin wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

“See? This is fun,” Jeongin said after a while, looking up at Sunwoo smiling. Even though, the two of them were just swaying around to the music, Sunwoo had to admit that it really was kind of fun.

“You’re right...” he agreed. He hoped that Jeongin wouldn’t be able to hear his increased heartbeat when he rested his head on his chest, ultimately bringing them even closer together.

Sunwoo had promised no more than one dance, yet he was way too comfortable to be like this with Jeongin to remind him of that even three songs later.

~

“Is he still looking at us,” Eric asked, purposefully pulling Jisung closer as they danced.

“Probably,” the Ravenclaw answered, looking around. Juyeon still stood in the exact same spot as before, although he looked a lot less sober than the last time. “He is...” Jisung confirmed.

“Screw him... he missed out on all of this,” Eric said, pointing at himself.

“Aw, look at Jeongin and Sunwoo,” Jisung pointed out, wanting to divert Eric’s attention from Juyeon for the time being.

The mentioned couple was dancing, both of them wearing shy expressions on their faces but Jisung thought that he’d never seen Sunwoo smile like this before.

“Who would have thought that those two would ever end up together,” Eric said, looking at the two of them with a fond expression.

“They’re adorable together, though. Sunwoo doesn’t seem like the bad guy everyone makes him out to be,” Jisung stated.

“If people like Lucas would give him a damn chance, they would figure out that he isn’t,” Eric agreed with him. “But Jeongin seems to see it and that’s all that seems to count for Sunwoo judging by the lovestruck expression on his face. Ugh, Jisungie, when will we finally find our other halves?” the Hufflepuff agonized.

Jisung chuckled at his dramatic friend, his eyes subconsciously seeking out Renjun who was dancing with Jongho.

“I’m sure we’ll be just fine,” he mumbled. Renjun winked at him from across the dancefloor, making Jisung smile and roll his eyes playfully.

“I sure hope you’re right.”

“Of course, I’m right,” Jisung assured his friend.

~

Seungmin and Hyunjin danced together for a while until it got a little too crowded for their liking.

“Should we get out of here?” Seungmin asked once a more upbeat song started playing.

“Sure, I’d much rather have you to myself anyway,” Hyunjin agreed, causing Seungmin to chuckle.

Hyunjin took Seungmin’s hand and led him out of the Great Hall, which proved to be quite an effort. “I actually have a surprise for you,” Hyunjin said once they’d reached the entrance hall.

“Is it a ribbon around your ?” Seungmin joked, bringing their old inside joke back up.

“Well, you kinda killed the surprise now but...” Hyunjin trailed off, smirking. Seungmin looked at him with slightly widened eyes. Hyunjin laughed and placed an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulders. “I’m just kidding, my love,” he clarified.

“I’m not sure whether I should be disappointed or not,” Seungmin retorted, making Hyunjin laugh again.

The surprise Hyunjin had spoken about turned out to be a candlelit night-picnic down at the boathouse. In Seungmin’s opinion that even beat the ribbon thing.

~

“Eric!” one of Juyeon’s friends whose name Jisung didn’t know called out, effectively getting the Hufflepuff’s attention. “Juyeon’s wasted and he keeps asking for you. Can you maybe take him back to his dorm?” Eric looked surprised to hear that.

The Great Hall was starting to clear out slowly but surely as people headed to bed or... Jisung would rather not imagine what else might be going on around here.

“Um...” Eric trailed off, he had been in the middle of a conversation with Jisung and was now giving him a look that seemed to say: ‘Should I?’

“Go ahead,” Jisung told him. Eric gave him a grateful smile and followed Juyeon’s friend over to where the Ravenclaw was sitting on the floor, his back leaning against the wall.

Jisung would have watched the unfolding of events from where he stood had it not been for the hand that suddenly grabbed his own.

“Care to dance?” Renjun whispered close to his ear. Jisung smiled at the sound of his boyfriend’s voice. He had missed him all night, even though Eric’s company was always fun too.

“Of course,” Jisung agreed following the older onto the dancefloor. “Where’s Jongho?” he questioned, looking around for the Gryffindor in question.

“Ditched me for some guy. They left 10 minutes ago,” Renjun replied with a shrug.

Jisung faked a gasp. “Is that a hint of jealousy I detect?” he teased his boyfriend who only laughed quietly and shook his head.

“Not really. You know, if I play my cards right, I might get this cute guy I like to go out with me tomorrow,” Renjun played along, making Jisung grin.

“He’d be an idiot to say no to you,” he said.

Renjun laughed again. They danced in comfortable silence for a while before Renjun spoke up again, more serious this time.

“You know, I don’t think I thanked you for standing up for me. You even got detention...”

Jisung hadn’t expected Renjun to bring the Daejun thing up again. “I wasn’t going to just let that guy insult you like that. Of course, I’m standing up for you,” Jisung told him. “And please, detention was worth it. What that guy tried to do was disgusting and I’m actually surprised that you held yourself back, considering you were his original target.”

“Believe me, I wanted to punch him just as bad as you did. But when he said that to me, I was just shocked, I guess. Do people really think so lowly of me?” Renjun asked and Jisung shook his head.

“I’m sure he just made that bull up on the spot to get to you. It’s not even worth worrying about,” he assured his boyfriend who smiled faintly.

“You always make me feel better,” Renjun told Jisung.

“That’s exactly what I’m here for,” the younger Ravenclaw answered. “Happy Valentine’s day, baby,” he added, causing Renjun’s smile to widen.

“Happy Valentine’s day.”

~

“Thanks for coming here with me,” Jeongin said, lifting his head up to look at Sunwoo. They were still dancing, and he wasn’t sure if it was the lighting of the Great Hall but Jeongin’s eyes seemed to be downright sparkling.

“I’d do anything for you,” Sunwoo blurted out, before realizing that he might have come on too strong. But Jeongin only smiled and pecked his cheek.

“I’d do anything for you, too,” he said to Sunwoo. He sounded so sincere that Sunwoo almost felt like crying.

What had he done right to deserve someone as pure and kind as Jeongin?

The two of them didn’t even notice the Great Hall emptying steadily until Professor Sprout tapped them on the shoulder and told them that the dance was over. Jeongin and Sunwoo looked around. They seemed to be the last ones left on the dancefloor. After bidding their good nights to Professor Sprout they quickly made their way to the dungeons.

“Tonight was fun,” Sunwoo told Jeongin when they had reached the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room. Jeongin beamed at him.

“It really was. We should dance together more often!” he said.

Sunwoo chuckled and pulled him closer to hug him tightly. “Good night, Jeongin,” he almost whispered.

Jeongin pulled back his head before leaning in and pressing a chaste kiss to Sunwoo’s lips. “Good night. I had the best Valentine’s day ever, thanks to you.”

“So did I,” Sunwoo said shyly.

“See you tomorrow?” Jeongin asked.

“I’ll pick you up for breakfast,” the Slytherin promised. Jeongin smiled at him, pecking his cheek once more before he disappeared inside his common room.

As Sunwoo made his way to the Slytherin common room he found himself thinking that, maybe, Valentine’s day wasn’t half bad, after all.

~

“Hey, Eric. How did things go with Juyeon last night?” Jisung asked the next day when he went to join his friend at the Hufflepuff table.

Eric shrugged. “I mean, I just took him back to his dorm and made sure he was going to be okay. He kept drunk babbling about how he’s not gay but he kinda likes me. No big deal. Oh, and he kissed me, but I got out of there because I didn’t want to take advantage of the fact he was drunk.”

“Wait, hold up! He did what? Why are you so casual about all of this?” Jisung questioned in disbelief.

“Because it means nothing. He was drunk. And he doesn’t remember it. Or at least, he acts like he doesn’t,” Eric explained, sounding way too indifferent. Jisung knew that it probably affected him more than he was letting on, but he decided not to press the topic further.

“Anyway, sorry for ditching you,” Eric said, switching subjects.

“It’s okay, I hung out with Renjun,” Jisung replied, trying to be nonchalant about the fact that he had had the best Valentine’s Day of his life with Renjun.

“What are you up to later?” he questioned.

Eric shrugged once more. “I was just going to go down to the Quidditch field and practice a little.”

“Want me to come with you?” Jisung offered.

“Sure, why not,” Eric agreed. Renjun and Seungmin joined them a little while later.

“It’s rare to see you without Hyunjin!” Eric teased Seungmin who fake-glared at him.

“I wish everyone would stop saying that. Hyunjin and I aren’t always together!” he defended himself but Eric only cackled.

“So, how did the dance go for you guys?” Seungmin questioned after a while.

“Our dates ditched us,” Renjun replied, referring to himself and Jisung.

“But I still had fun. I don’t know about you, though,” Jisung spoke up, grinning at his boyfriend.

“I mean, I guess you’re okay to hang out with,” Renjun teased, causing the younger to stick out his tongue at him.

After breakfast Eric and Jisung headed down to the field while Renjun and Seungmin went to the library to study. To Jisung it seemed like he had managed to distract Eric from the whole Juyeon situation at least a little bit. He didn’t want his friend’s life to revolve completely around Juyeon, especially if the older was treating him like he did.

He wanted Eric to be happy in the long run and he wasn’t sure if Juyeon was the right guy for that.