UnDERconceaLED (2/3)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

UnDERconceaLED Part 2


A figure leaned over the wall, he could feel his own blood started to dry out as the drips fell on the floor. The wound on his right shoulder would be healed, just like usual and he knew it. Slowly, he let his body fell on the cobbled cold ground and leaned on the fence near him.

Looking on the sky he knew morning would soon come and he would be good as new. The fact he was attacked was new for him. Moreover, by something that was also not human. Sighing, he warped some bandage, which he stole from the nearest infirmary, on his shoulder. 

Like his expectation, the sun rose few minutes later and the light blinded his sight for a moment. He got up and headed to any direction he could see. He didn’t have any place or shelter to return to after all. He was left with the only horrifying creature called monster, who’s actually his own self.

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Hyung, are you sure you’re going to be fine?” Junsu asked for the thousand times as Junho got into his shoes, carrying his study book and some medicine.

“I’m more than sure, Junsu ah,” Junho smiled as he caressed Junsu’s hair,” I had been resting for one day yesterday because you asked me to, it wasn’t necessary though…”

“Hyungie…Just be careful, OK?” Junsu reminded as he gave the warmest hug Junho could get in the whole world. They said goodbye as Junho walked through the street. Today was going to be a long day, he knew it. Moreover, because a small fire incident happened last night. He was sure the clinic would give him extra work till late again.

 

 

 

---
 

 

 

“Now, I need to wash the clothes!” Junsu spoke to himself as he took the dirty clothes and brought them near the well. Slowly but surely, he rubbed the fabric and made them clean. He used the water prudently as he made sure not even a drip of dirt was still on the fabric. Then, he hung them on a hanger behind the well. He did quite a good job, he thought.

Next, he used an old broom and mop to clean the floor. He also scrubbed the nearest cabinet and the bathroom wall. He needed to make sure everything was clean enough and then he would feel satisfied.

He had learned all the daily work because he wanted to help his hyung so bad. He couldn’t get out from the house before, not until one year ago when Junho succeeded to free him from his own prison. He knew he could never hide in the prison he made for himself anymore; he needed to help Junho with their living, not bother Junho anymore like in the past.

[FLASHBACK]

A figure opened their house door slowly. He walked without making any noise as he headed into the kitchen. He took the left-over bread and put them on a plate. Slowly, he knocked on his and his brother’s bedroom door. Without any answer, he got inside like always.

Just to find out the same view again of his little brother. Both wrists tied by a robe on the bed’s steel as he looked extremely in fear; fear to hurt people again.

“Junsu…I got your dinner, let’s eat, OK?” Junho tried to ignore the view. It was hurting him to see Junsu being tied like that, especially because his little brother was the one who asked him to tie him like that.

“…Hyung? Is that you?” Junsu mumbled weakly.

“Yes, it’s me. Now, let’s eat your dinner, OK?” Junho spoke as he gave small pieces of the bread to Junsu and fed him. Junho was about to let the robe went loose but Junsu shook his head frantically.

“OK, OK. Calm down, Junsu…” Junho hugged his little brother tightly as tears escaped from his eyelids. It was hard time for both of them. Junsu became traumatized because he once attacked a little girl and almost killed her. He never ever let himself got out from his bedroom or house because of that; he was too afraid he made mistake again.

[END OF FLASHBACK]


Junsu knew he had caused his big twin so much pain; it was because he’s too weak. That’s why he needed to make sure nothing hurt Junho anymore now. He needed to find out who attacked Junho two days ago. He wanted to revenge for his brother.

That night Junsu decided he would take an action. He wondered around the dark and dirty alleys, trying to find that figure. Suddenly, a group of mice screamed in fear as they hid behind a big barrel. Junsu managed to look the one who caused it. He rushed to the junction and followed the figure’s track.

“Where are you?!” Junsu shouted as he looked around. He saw a figure just now and he was sure it was the one who attacked his hyung. The description fitted; black and torn apart cape and clothes, red crimson eyes, deadly fangs.

Junsu walked deeper into the alley as he finally saw the figure, standing, not moving an inch. He decided to storm out and attack the figure but suddenly, he realized the situation he was in.

A police officer pointed his gun to Junsu and shot. Luckily, the figure kicked the gun and made the bullet missed Junsu’s heart. It scratched his shoulder and tight instead. 

“Ouch!!!” Junsu cursed.

“Run, damn it!” the figure cursed as he took Junsu by force and ran away from the police. Unfortunately, a bullet was shot through his stomach before they escaped into the dead end alley.

Junsu realized now, why the figure didn’t move when he was about to attack him. Some polices were aiming their gun to the figure. Junsu also realized that the figure saved him, which meant he wasn’t as evil as Junsu’s thought. Something must have happened that night so he killed the human for the blood.

“Why…did you kill…?” Junsu couldn’t finish his question because he’s too shocked but the figure got his question.

“Because I need human blood for my living,” the figure answered. Then, Junsu realized the figure was like him before when he couldn’t control his thirst.

 

 

---

 

 

 

That night, Junho was walking alone by himself again. He looked around again and made sure nothing strange occurred again. He was kind of afraid to meet the figure he met before.

He walked through the street as he opened his ears wide. He didn’t have good feeling that night. His premonition was answered when he heard another voice screamed in silence pain and fear. He immediately panicked as he realized he recognized the owner of the voice. Without any thought, he jumped up over a building and rushed to the source.

Junho got down inside the same dead end he saw before. This time his eyes were filled with fear and anger. He stormed the figure harshly as he released the person he knew from the figure’s grasp.

“Junsu!!! Answer me!” Junho cried his brother’s name out. He was devastated when he found that Junsu’s eyes were closed and there was some blood stain on the figure’s lips.

“Damn you!!!” Junho cursed as he leaned Junsu on the wall and launched merciless attack to the figure. Junho managed to kick the figure on the shoulder and let him cracked a broken cupboard there. Junho was about to crush the figure into pieces but…

“Hyung! Don’t hurt him!!!” Junsu shouted as he opened his eyes and tried to head to the figure’s direction, but he failed and fell on the cold ground.

“Junsu!” Junho rushed into Junsu’s side and called his brother’s name over and over.

“Hyung…” Junsu finally spoke as he opened his eyes weakly,” That person helped me…Please don’t hurt him…”

Junho couldn’t believe it. The same person who torn a human body cruelly saved Junsu. That person was also the one who attacked Junho the other day, but Junho also knew no way Junsu would lie to him. He looked over to the figure and saw he passed out, eyes closed.

He took Junsu on his back and intended to go away but that’s when he saw it. Fresh blood was dripping from the figure stomach. He was wounded. Junho didn’t any idea what he should do.

After thinking for a few second, he made his decision. Grasping something from the trashcan nearby, he walked near the figure. He pointed the thing near figure’s heart and…