UnDERconflueNCE (1/2)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

 

UnDERconflueNCE Part 1

 

A big tower clock caught his attention as he looked up. The sun was almost setting and the darkness of night would soon envelop them. Still in his amazement at the city architecture, he didn’t realize the figure in front of his stopped. He bounced on the figure’s back.

“Omooo! Changmin ah, are you okay?” the figure asked.

“I’m fine, no worry,” Changmin whined as he touch his nose,” Just don’t stop so suddenly, Jaejoong hyung.”

“Sorry, it’s just we’re really late and I’m beginning to lose my sane mind because I don’t want to miss this job interview. Changmin ah, are you sure we’re in the right place?” Jaejoong’s speech was rather hectic as Changmin knew few hours ago that the vampire couldn’t read map or compass that well.

“I’m sure. We’re in Transylvania already and we’re so close to our destination,” Changmin leaded the way as they walked passing few streets and turns. Then Changmin stopped in front of common building. It looked like a very normal building with five levels but they knew better it’s not. Just before they got inside through the door, Changmin pulled out a letter from an envelope.

“Let’s see…It’s written that we’re in the right place,” Changmin matched the address as he continued,” The command is simple that we need to reach the interview room in level five. We’re not allowed to climb from the window but we must explore from floor to floor as the stairs located differently for each floor. Hmm, may your life be in peace? What in the world is this?”

“Changmin ah, you know what it means,” Jaejoong spoke,” We might be FBI agent now but in order to be top FBI agent and be in this super team, they will test us. Well, we might lose our life if we’re not careful. This proved it…”

Jaejoong touched the door knob with his metal key just to be bounced. It meant there’s electricity on the knob. Nice trap, Jaejoong had to admit. He used his rubber gloves as he opened the door. They eventually got in and closed the door, which automatically locked by itself. As expected.

Jaejoong sneaked in slowly as he got his gun ready; no way he would let his power been known to the human, especially because he wanted to be FBI top agents. So, here’s the story, he and Changmin wanted to do something exciting in their long life living. They decided to go for FBI agent and made fake information for themselves. They’re accepted of course because of their capable power, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Of course, the brain and their secret power participated; but they hid it well from their superior so far. Then, they heard a team would be made in Transylvania, a top FBI team. They immediately nominated themselves and now they’re right on the test.

“Hyung,” Changmin whispered softly in their mind as they took separate path; Jaejoong walked to the left, passing some storage room as Changmin to the right, passing a dirty kitchen. They proceeded very carefully but so far nothing harmed them; expect for a bullet that was shot out of nowhere and nearly made hole on Changmin’s head. It was a blessing that Changmin could move and feel object fast and so he dodged up; the bullet was actually from an automatic gun that was set nearby.

They finished exploring first floor and moved to the second one. This time it was completely dark as there’s no light on the ceiling at all. But they had no trouble walking in the darkness; Changmin couldn’t really see but he could detect his surrounding well as Jaejoong’s eyes glowed in the darkness. Luckily, his softens covered his pupils or else his secret would be revealed.

Suddenly, they heard weird noise; it was like a wood being pulled down and pushed up. It took them few seconds to understand the danger they’re in. Changmin shouted for Jaejoong to follow him in their mind as the vampire did. They managed to find the stair with Changmin’s help and stepped on it before the second level completely collapsed, crushing the first floor. It was…a remarkable trap; Changmin admitted.

Then, they got up the stairs and arrived at the third floor. Unlike the common first floor and dark deadly second floor, the third was full of fog and rather smelly. They stepped in and suddenly, they ground rotated. Changmin cursed as he knew they’re hallucinating; the fog they breathed had to be the source. Jaejoong pulled Changmin as they kept running; Changmin could only follow like a lost schoolboy as he couldn’t rely on his senses.

Meawhile, the vampire could run fast because he barely breathed the air and his blood somehow neutralized the effect. He leaded on as they stopped at a dead end. Well, it looked like a dead end for Changmin but the vampire pulled him toward the wall. Changmin wasn’t that surprise when they passed the wall and arrived at another stairs.

Changmin gave signal to Jaejoong as he took his breath. It took him almost a minute to regain his full consciousness and then they proceeded to the fourth floor. This time, they were greeted by two figures in black clothes; like they’re some ninja in Japanese history, Changmin thought. The room was square and empty and there’re stairs behind the ninjas.

“You must defeat us if you wish to continue,” one of them spoke and somehow the voice seemed familiar to Jaejoong.

“Sure,” Changmin was confidence because he never lost to normal human. He thought so at least before one of the ninja attacked Changmin with his bare hand and tremendous power was spanked to his body. Changmin growled as he moved few feet back to Jaejoong’s direction.

“Changmin!!!” Jaejoong shouted the name as somehow he noticed the ninjas were like shock for a moment.

“I’m fine, hyung,” Changmin spoke as he got up. He told Jaejoong on their shared mind that their enemy was strong; Changmin wasn’t sure if they’re normal human anymore. Eventually, Jaejoong laid a counter attack to the ninjas and Changmin joined. It was blocked successfully.

This time, the ninjas attacked with some claws that attacked to their hands. Jaejoong and Changmin jumped up avoiding the attack as they passed the ninjas; hoping to attack from behind. It was another failure as the ninjas threw them few feet away.

Jaejoong wasn’t sure how it happened but all he knew the ninjas, both of them, were ready to crush Changmin. With his entire strength, Jaejoong rushed to Changmin and kicked one of the ninja away. He took the other one and managed to punch him on the stomach, yet, his arms were hurt by the claw.

“Hyung!!!” Changmin saw Jaejoong bled and he was mad at himself. He growled as he gave deadly stare to the ninjas. He started his attack on the ninjas’ mind but their mind was rather difficult to get through. The reasons Changmin didn’t know and he simply didn’t care; he finally only focused on one of them. The other one went panicked as his companion screamed. Changmin cursed as the other ninja rushed to his side, ready to tear him apart. Bad luck, Changmin couldn’t move because his mind fighting.

Jaejoong got the signal as he dashed to the ninja that almost attacked Changmin and kicked him on the shoulder. The ninja struck the wall as his mask fell down, revealing his face with an eye lid. Yet, the structure of the face was enough for Jaejoong to know who they’re dealing with.

Before Jaejoong could speak any word; he was pushed from behind as another figure he didn’t know attacked him. Changmin freed his mind torturing from the other ninja as he rushed to Jaejoong’s side.

The figure that just appeared was wearing black robe but his face was visible; unlike the ninjas. Jaejoong choked some blood as he felt his ribs were crushed by the furious attack. The black-robe figure rushed to the ninja Changmin mind-attacked before.

The black-robe surely pissed off and mad when he realized the ninja was unconscious. The black-robe rushed to Jaejoong’s and Changmin’s side, ready to crush him, or better to skin them alive.

“STOP IT YOOCHUN!!!” the ninja Jaejoong just attacked screamed; this time the blindfold was opened and his eyes were glimmering with tears. Jaejoong experienced the same emotion as he looked at the people he held so dear, the people he was separated from.

“BUT JUNHO, HE HURT JUNSU!!!” the black-robe named Yoochun shouted angrily. Jaejoong almost flinched at the names that mentioned. Changmin could sense something was going on the vampire’s mind but he didn’t dare to interrupt his privacy.

“Yoochun, remember our order, we just need to fight them, not to kill them,” Junho reminded as he got up and put his hand on his shoulder; the wound Jaejoong’s gave.

Yoochun cursed as he left Changmin and Jaejoong. He rushed to Junsu’s side and opened the damn mask and blindfold so Junsu could breathe more easily. Junho walked slowly to Jaejoong and Changmin as he offered his hand to the vampire, who took it gladly. Changmin was confused and amused.