UnDERslACK (2/2)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

UnDERslACK Part 2

 

“During French air raids in 1916, three bombs fell on Munich. That was when everything started,” Jaejoong explained,” It was war time and some people were thinking to make the strongest army of all. They used some of the radiation of the bombs and leaked it to certain villages. The result wasn’t as good as they were expected. Many people died and their body moved without a soul. They’ve become zombies…”

“The government wiped most of them; to make sure no one knew about their failure plan but some were left behind and a certain person is able to control it now. That person uses the zombies to get anything he wants. I don’t know who he is and I’m trying to find it out in order to stop him hurting more innocent people…” Jae continued,” You can say, I hunt them…”

“But…it’s not our business…” Changmin spoke the point. It was the next day and he was good as new. He decided he should live on because the things Jae told him last night, when he gained his consciousness back. Somehow, they ended up telling each other their past.

“But I can’t stand see the human get hurt…I was one of them after all; I was weakling like them too…I want to help them now since I have the power to,” Jaejoong spoke.

“It’s not power, it’s a curse…” Changmin stated.

“Well, at least we should think positively and try to do our best, right?” Jaejoong smiled. Changmin knew the man had live much time longer than him; it made Changmin looked up the vampire.

“I’ll follow you then,” Changmin finally spoke.

“You will help, really? Thank a lot. Oh, and after finished dealing with this mess, you can go explore the world if you want to. It’s a good experience, I guarantee it!” the vampire spoke excitedly.

“But it wasn’t what I meant,” Changmin made his point clear,” I said, I’ll follow you. I want to explore with you, hyung…I don’t like being alone anymore…”

Jaejoong was moved by Changmin’s innocent eyes. He really looked like a lost and super cute puppy!

“I TOLD YOU I’M NOT A PUPPY!!!” Changmin protested as laughter could be heard from the room. They didn’t realize some deadly figures were watching them; silently in the darkness of the opposite alley.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Changmin followed the man in front of him; he promised himself he would do his best but he wasn’t really sure he could be any help for the man. It had been a long time since he used his power and he almost forgot about it, he thought.

“I think they’re close,” Jaejoong whispered as he skulked deeper in an alley. It was almost midnight and Changmin followed the vampire in his hunt. There’re junk, broken glasses, and some rats near them.

A sudden screaming caught Changmin in his guard; he jumped up as he avoided a zombie that attacked him. Jaejoong cut his palm as he played with his blood, cutting the zombies’ throat. 

Changmin moved shattered glass around him as he pierced the head. He learnt that those zombies could be killed by attacking or separating his head; the soulless mind was the one who controlled the movement after all.

They kept attacking but the zombies were way too many. That was when Changmin realized a certain living person near him. He used an empty half-broken barrel and threw it to the nearest junction. 

“Aahhh!” an unknown voice screamed in pain. 

Jaejoong immediately took action; he kicked the zombies in front of him, killing them. Then he rushed to the junction and discovered what he wanted. His target was struggling because his feet were smashed by the barrel.

“Stop them or I’ll kill you,” Jaejoong warned as he was ready to cut the man’s throat. The man was wearing ragged clothes and he looked so pale.

“…I can’t…It’s better if you kill me…Please kill me,” the man grinned in pain as Jaejoong couldn’t believe his ears.

“Hyung!” Changmin screamed as he smashed to the wall; the numbers were just too many.

“I said stop them!!!” Jaejoong threatened the man more but the man didn’t do anything, just stare at him with blank eyes.

Suddenly, Jaejoong couldn’t feel his feet. He felt like he was flying; at least till he hit the ground. Pain on his stomach caused him to cough blood; he could feel blood streaming from his source of pain.

“HYUNG!!!” Changmin called the name hysterically as Jaejoong stayed flat on the ground; beginning to lose consciousness. 

“Damn you!” Changmin stormed the zombies as he rushed to Jaejoong’s side. He could see the man was up on his feet again, but this time, the man was smiling devilish to them.

“What did you do to him?!” Changmin demanded an answer as he tried to stop Jaejoong’s bleeding; binding his cloth on Jae’s wound.

“I warned him to kill me but he wouldn’t…” the man spoke as he grinned,” Now, it’s time for me to kill all of you!!!”

Jaejoong was just too nice; Changmin thought. He knew what’s on the vampire’s mind before he was stabbed by the man. Jaejoong still believed he could save the man; maybe because the man also wasn’t human. Maybe Jaejoong was also as lonely as Changmin and he wanted more people like him, which weren’t human, around him.

Changmin leaned the unconscious vampire on the wall as he turned back, facing the man. He knew he must put an end of all this zombie matters. Deeply inside his heart, he might still want to protect the fragile human because no one protected him from his pain before. He didn’t want others to experience the pain he had been through.

“I know what’s on your mind,” Changmin spoke,” You’re also one of the victims, right? It’s still not late if you stop all of this!”

“In your dream!” the man shouted as he used some of his zombie to attack. Changmin managed to avoid all of the attack and then he realized; zombie wasn’t a living thing, they’re dead! He could move dead thing, damn it!

Changmin concentrated his power on one of the zombies and he managed to control it to hit the other zombie’s head, killing it.

“Damn! What did you do?!” the man cursed as he felt his brain wanted to exploded.

 

 

 

“You’re one of the government specimens but you managed to survive. Then, you discovered you can control the failed one, the zombie. The government ordered you around and threatened you by kidnapping your family,” Changmin spoke the memories in the man’s head,” But then, all of your family were killed and you wanted to revenge the government. It’s a shame that they had run away after the war ended.”

 

 

 
“It was their fault! I’ve my right to get my revenge!” the man shouted back as he leaded the other zombie to kill the zombie Changmin had controlled. They were like playing big chest board with zombies as the pawns.
 
“But you don’t have the right to get whatever you want and hurt innocent people! They’re not the one who hurt and caused you pain! You’re blinded by your hatred!” Changmin shouted as he reminisced how he almost followed the same path as the man. Luckily, he was a damn coward back there. Enough with his stupefaction, he had found someone who changed it, it was Jaejoong. No matter how hard life, live it with all your heart or die, he learned from the vampire. You couldn’t be half-assed.
 
Changmin stormed forward as his pawns killed themselves, causing no more zombies there. The man was left devastated and confused.
 
“…I’m sorry,” Changmin mumbled the word as he stabbed the man in his heart. He used the broken glass around them and killed the man. He knew the man was out of choice to be saved. He read the mind, damn it; how the man actually begged him to let him go from all this pain, from the inhumanly virus he got from the radiation.
 
“Thank you,” the man mumbled as his figure dropped on the cold ground. It turned to dust and the wind finally made the man free, flying away without weight to someplace, where Changmin knew would be better one.
 
---
 
“Give me one more bottle, please…” Jaejoong spoke as Changmin shook his head. They’re back at the hotel and Jaejoong had rest for full twenty four hours after they finished the zombie matter.
 
“Hyung, you should be more ‘bloodwise’…” Changmin said as he gave another bottle of blood, which he managed to steal from hospital nearby.
 
“What’s ‘bloodwise’?” Jaejoong asked as he gulped the new bottle,” I need more blood than usual because of my wound…”
 
“There’s a word ‘pennywise’ right? Since you’re a vampire, I hope you can digest the word ‘bloodwise’…”

“Are you mocking me?”

 
“No, I’m not…Besides who’s too nice till he got a deep wound on his stomach?”
 
“You’re definitely mocking me even though I’m older than you…” 
 
“You’re just a nice person, hyung ah,” Changmin spoke as he kept the rest of the bottles in a mini refrigerator the hotel provided.
 
“Well, at least you end it with a compliment,” Jaejoong smiled as he hugged Changmin from behind.
 
“Hyung…I did tell you I’ll follow you, but I never give you permission to hug me…” Changmin complained.
 
“What’s the matter? I only show you my love since it’s been a long time I have a companion in my journey!” Jaejoong defended himself.
 
“I don’t like being hugged by man…”
 
Jaejoong instantly let the hug go and he walked to the bathroom, leaving Changmin. Later then, Changmin felt an urge to smash the vampire even though he just recovered. Just because he read Jaejoong’s mind and it’s said ‘He’s so cute!!! Again, like a lost stubborn puppy!’
 
The vampire finally wasn’t alone anymore. He got a new companion and he would treasure this one with his life. He didn’t want to lose or be separated from anyone again. Somehow, he missed the cute twin werewolves he met back there, but he couldn’t change the fate that separated them. He just hoped they’re fine.
 
 
-UnDERslACK ENDED-