UnDERsolitUDE (1/3)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

UnDERsolitUDE Part 1

 

The room was shining gold with red maroon curtain decorated the main stage. Red sofas embroidered with gold satin lace filled the hall. Not forgot to mention, fresh red roses decorated each edge of the auditorium. A big piano on the stage made it completed.

It was quiet and peaceful, just a spot light that shone upon a man filled the silence. He was closing his eyes as he imagined how the melody should be played. He took a deep breath as his finger started to dance on the big keyboard. 

Strain of notes filled the empty room as he devoted his feeling into the music. It started with slow and then the pace became faster and faster. As the bridge came, he slowed down; making sure the melody would conquer the audience’s heart.

Stopping his track, he sighed as he told himself this was only rehearsal; nothing really matter if he made mistakes. But he didn’t want to, his music was supposed to be perfect, like he had been told. Two years ago, a politician discovered his piano skill and decided to adopt him as his son; he knew it was only a bluff. Politician in Italy those days needed cultural markers after all.

He stared at the ceiling as he reminisce his life. It was empty, so empty till he didn’t know what he wanted anymore. He just wanted to leave everything, yet, he couldn’t. He was cursed for his own devil deeds; he committed to many sins.

His daydreaming was disturbed when his assistant’s voice reached his earlaps; reminding the concerto would start soon and the audience would enter the room. The man stood up as he walked backstage, letting his assistant finished his makeup and such; he didn’t really care.

“Yoochun, don’t move too much, I’m making your tie,” the assistant spoke.

Yoochun didn’t answer; he just stayed silent like a doll. He could hear some noises as many people entered the hall. To be frank, he didn’t like each of them, they only watched his performance because his fake-daddy’s invitation; let say just to be a er of his adopted parents’ money.

“Done! Wait till I give you the signal, OK?” the assistant said as he disappeared somewhere. Yoochun decided to sit on the empty chair near him. He wondered, would someday certain someone would appear in front of him and listened to his music with his/her entire heart? 

Yoochun once again woke up from his daydreaming as he got the signal. It was time to start; he walked up the stairs as he got into the stage. He bowed as the audience clapped their hands.

Another fake-clap, fake-smile, fake-everything, Yoochun thought. He sat on the chair in front of his beloved musical instrument as he made sure his tuxedos didn’t bother him to play. 

He was indeed tremendously good looking with his suit now; even princess would marry him, yet, he still felt empty. He wondered why as his finger started dance on the keyboard; producing perfect harmony and melody.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Owwww…I don’t want to watch the concerto alone!” Junsu sighed like he was howling; just like a cute lost puppy. Some noble people were staring at him but he ignored them; he just didn’t realize he was the main attention in front of the auditorium gate.

Sighing again, Junsu pouted as he walked inside. Today was supposed his and Junho’s day; watching concerto together. Blame the damn hospital that Junho worked in, no; blame the stupid cart driver that caused an accident two hours ago, so that Junho must help the hospital taking care of the victims.

The disappointed werewolf already wore his best clothes, real dark blue tuxedos like noble man. He also had managed to get a concerto ticket, which was hard to get since he and Junho only knew very few politician. Concerto and music performance were politician’s egos after all, Junsu thought.

Junsu finally found his seat number and it was quite in front, just in the third rows. The werewolf smiled as he put his duck on it. The sofa was just comfortable.

Suddenly, a light on the stage as Junsu realized the concerto was about to start; the audience were all in the hall now. Junsu definitely was looking forward for this. 

A man in black tuxedos appeared on the stage and then he played the music. Melody rang on Junsu’s ear as he closed his eyes; enjoying every notes. He loved the way that pianist produced magnificent melody with his instrument.

It started slow and then fastened up. While the bridge was being played, somehow tears slipped from Junsu’s eyes. The werewolf felt strange, he didn’t know why but he felt sad, so sad. Wiping his tears, he tried to calm himself but he couldn’t. The song was naturally a classical song but the feeling Junsu got from listening to it was different than what others actually felt.

He felt lonely all of the sudden and that was when he looked into the pianist right on the face. He looked lifeless, like a doll playing that giant instrument. Junsu couldn’t bear his tears anymore, he didn’t care. He wanted to let his feeling out; he felt like he knew this sadness, like no one on this world would understand you because you’re different.

The song finally ended as Junsu wiped his tears again. The pianist excused himself as the audience started to get up and head to a dining room beside the auditorium. It was kind of a break for half an hour with some snack for the audience. Now, the food wasn’t Junsu’s biggest concern anymore, he wanted to know more about the pianist.

 

 

 

---

 

 


“Good work!” Yoochun’s assistant smiled as he gave Yoochun some mini cakes; it was his snack. He would play his second session after the break.

“You can leave…” Yoochun spoke with flat tone as he was left alone in the waiting room at the back of the stage. Somehow, he couldn’t figure it out why one of his audiences cried so badly. He was sure he didn’t miss any notes. But why that man on the third row cried?

Yoochun took one of the cakes as he put it inside his mouth; it was sweet but tasted sour for him. Suddenly, he heard his assistant’s voice from outside.

“I told you, you can’t see him!” the assistant’s voice echoed.

“But I want to meet him! There are no rules saying I can’t meet the pianist!” a high pitch voice said almost shouting. 

Yoochun decided to check it out as he opened the door and spotted the man who cried on his concerto. It was definitely the man with cute puppy eyes, Yoochun told himself.

“You can come in if you want…” Yoochun spoke; ignoring his assistant’s stare. Junsu was more than happy; he gladly came into the room as his eyes landed on the abandoned small cakes, right on the nearest table.

“You can eat it if you want, I don’t really need them anyway…” Yoochun spoke the truth as Junsu showed his thanks with puppy eyes and stormed the cakes. Yoochun couldn’t help but laughed.

“My name is Junsu, by the way,” Junsu spoke as he still busy eating,” What’s your name?”

“Yoochun…”

“Nice to meet you!” Junsu spoke as he finished his last cake.

“What do you want from me?” Yoochun finally spoke the point.

“Well, I just want to know why you’re so sad,” Junsu spoke as he walked closer to Yoochun, who was standing there.

“Sad?” the word surprised Yoochun, never once anyone beside him asked why he was sad.

“Yeah, even though you’re playing the notes so perfect and fluent, it was filled with sadness and sorrow,” Junsu explained,” And that made me curious so I decided to meet you!”

“You seem different from the others, you’re the first person realizes my feeling…” Yoochun finally gave a smile and Junsu somehow felt satisfied with it.

“You also felt different…Like you’re, hmmm…How to say it, not felt-like-a-human-being?” Junsu spoke his mind as the other person’s heart almost jumped out from its place; was that mean his secret uncovered?