UnDERsolitUDE (2/3)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

UnDERsolitUDE Part 2

 

“So you’re saying I’m not human?” Yoochun asked.

“Hm, might be…Hehe,” Junsu smiled innocently,” We don’t know some supernatural presences around us sometime…”

“You’re interesting,” Yoochun finally spoke as Junsu thanked him. Somehow, they ended up laughing. It had been a long time since Yoochun met someone who actually understood him. They felt like they were connected with similar instinct and mind.

Their conversation was disturbed as Yoochun’s assistant told him to get ready. He was about to tell Junsu to get out of the room but Yoochun prevented it.

“I want him to stay at the backstage,” Yoochun spoke his mind clearly. Junsu did as Yoochun requested. The pianist went up to the stage as the crowd clapped. Junsu was eyeing Yoochun from behind the big maroon curtain as the melody began.

This time it wasn’t sad like before. It was like Yoochun was happy because he found something that he had been searching for. It was weird that Junsu could understand that but he didn’t mind. He wanted to be friend with this pianist; it had been a long time since he had one.

Yoochun played the melody as he peeked at Junsu’s direction. He could see Junsu got his message from his music; he was thanking Junsu to come to his concerto and listened with his whole heart. Not like the others who just wanted to up his adopted father.

The music was quite long but Junsu never got bored of it, he liked the way it sounded. The bridge part came as the crowd was anticipating. This part was the most difficult one and almost everyone made mistakes while playing it, but not for Yoochun; he did it perfectly and ended his harmony. He bowed as the audience cheered for him.

Yoochun told the audience to stay for while. He got back to the stage as he took Junsu’s wrist, bringing the man on the main stage.

Junsu was paralyzed; he never stood in front of this many people. He begged the time would just stop.

“Today, thanks to him I could make this concerto a big success,” Yoochun said,” He made me understand that even when I’m sad, I can’t play the melody as I please. I was too selfish. I should play a melody for my audience and cheer them up. Thank you everyone!”

 

 

 

Junsu ended up smiling, he felt satisfied with Yoochun’s speech. Both of them walked back to backstage.

“Can we be friend?” Yoochun asked.

“Of course!” Junsu cheered like a small child. 

That night, Yoochun was having a dinner with his parents. He would like Junsu to join them and the werewolf didn’t have a heart to reject. 

After finished fixing his tuxedos, Yoochun brought Junsu on his personal cart and they went to an expensive restaurant his father had booked.

“Umm…” Junsu was kind of nervous.

“Don’t worry, my adopted parents won’t eat you up,” Yoochun reassured.

“But…” Junsu was still not settled down. He was afraid Yoochun’s parents would hate him. He wasn’t a nobleman or something like that; he was only an ordinary people back there.

“Think about the food!” Yoochun finally said Junsu’s favorite word,” There is tons of delicious food there….”

“Alright, fine…” Junsu gave up as let Yoochun did the talking. They were chatting about their background and such, but not their secrets of course. They still not knew each other that good to be talking about their secrets.

“We’re here!” Yoochun’s assistant spoke as he opened the cart door and guided them to the dining room inside the restaurant. It was classically designed and Junsu was amazed by it.

“Like it?” Yoochun smiled as Junsu nodded. They walked through the long carved wall and then Yoochun’s assistant opened a door in front of them. 

Junsu could see an old man was sitting on the end of the long dining table. Some servants were just finished preparing a banquet on the table.

“Good evening, Dad,” Yoochun spoke as the man greeted back with a flat tone. Junsu also greeted the old man.

“Who’s that?” Yoochun’s dad asked.

“My new friend, his name is Junsu,” Yoochun introduced as Junsu told the old man it was nice to meet him.

“Which household he comes from?” the old man asked.

“I’m just an ordinary people, Sir,” Junsu explained hoping such an answer would satisfy Yoochun’s dad. The old man nodded as they finally started the dinner. It was quite silent all the time and Junsu didn’t like it, at all. Time passed and they finished eating their meal thirty minutes later.

“It’s late Yoochun ah, tells your assistant to bring Junsu back to his house,” the old man finally spoke as Yoochun nodded.

“Come on, Su…” Yoochun spoke as Junsu followed. They excused themselves as they walked through the carved hall again.

“Sorry about that,” Yoochun said,” Dad is usually quite nice to my friends…”


“You have other friends?” Junsu asked surprised, he thought Yoochun didn’t have one and that’s why he felt lonely.
 
“Not exactly my friends but some people my parents choose for me to hang out with,” Yoochun explained,” So I guess I’ll see you later, OK?”
 
“Fine!” Junsu smiled as he hugged Yoochun, saying their goodbye.
 
“See you later…” Yoochun smiled as he waved to Junsu, who’s disappearing from his sight as the cart took him away.
 
---
 
Junsu was happy that the tense dinner atmosphere wasn’t there anymore. He was also satisfied for having Yoochun as new friend. Fate could be funny sometimes, he told himself.
 
His thought was disturbed as the cart suddenly stopped. Junsu wondered what happened, he was about to look outside but then a sharp weapon cut the air above him. It was intended to hurt him, Junsu knew. 
 
He managed to avoid the second attack as he kicked the cart till it broke, escaping from the attack. He looked around as he realized he was somewhere deserted.
 
“What…are you doing?” Junsu couldn’t believe his sight. Yoochun’s assistant was the one who attacked him!
 
“You’re a disturbance to my lord’s son…That’s why you must be eliminated,” the assistant spoke as he threw his dagger to Junsu. The werewolf jumped up avoiding the attack, he couldn’t believe it. Yoochun wouldn’t do such a thing to hurt him like this. 
 
Junsu jumped forward as he kicked the assistant’s stomach, throwing the weapon on the ground. The werewolf punched the face as he made sure he beat the man. It was a piece of cake for Junsu to kill this man but he didn’t want to.
 
“Who ordered you to kill me?” Junsu asked with a serious tone as the answer shocked the hell out of him.
 
“Yoochun’s father didn’t like you…That were why he told me to kill you before Yoochun becomes too dependent on you. You would bring bad influence on his reputation…” the assistant spoilt.
 
Yoochun’s dad wanted him dead because he wasn’t a nobleman. He was ordinary people that trying to make friend with Yoochun. Why he couldn’t do that? Junsu asked himself. No, that’s not the point now, he needed to find Yoochun and made sure he was fine.