UnDERconflueNCE (2/2)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

 

UnDERconflueNCE Part 2

 

“Let’s have your interview done and meet your superior up there,” Junho pointed to the stair as Changmin pulled Jaejoong and rushed up. Jaejoong didn’t want to leave his long-lost-friends but he got no choice; Junho smiled to him, reassuring he wouldn’t disappear. It was the last scene he got before went up and entered a room.  There’re three men; one old man sitting on the desk, two bodyguards.

“You two are just splendid,” the old man cheered,” Congratulations! You passed the test!”

Changmin and Jaejoong looked at each other; happy but also troubled with the fight they just had. They were afraid their power would be reveal but the old man seemed to not suspecting them so far, as Changmin read the old man’s mind.

“Oh, also, please tell three people you just had battle with; they’re also passed!”

“I’m sorry?” Jaejoong couldn’t the meaning.

“Well, actually, there’s another team applying for this top agent exam. They arrived earlier from you and their exam is to make traps in the building and fight you. Because there’re two of you, I asked two of them to battle with you first. One of them will attack when it’s necessary.”

“Since the numbers aren’t fair, I blindfolded the two of them. Anyway, I’ve seen the progress and I’m more than sure the five of you would make a splendid team!”

Both Changmin and Jaejoong were lost in words. That’s when Jaejoong realized Junho and Junsu couldn’t recognize his figure before; they’re blindfolded.

“Oh, and get those wounds treated well; just go to a public clinic nearby and show your badges, they will understand.”

All they knew, their superior gave them five new badges and then left from secret door behind. As the human disappeared, Jaejoong and Changmin went down to the place they just had their battle.

“Jaejoong hyung!!!” a cheerful voice echoed as a figure ran to Jaejoong and hugged him. Jaejoong smiled as he hugged back. Somehow, Changmin didn’t like it at all; when the ninja he attacked before hugged Jaejoong like that. He might be just simply jealous because he had Jaejoong for himself for some time already.

“You never change, Junsu. I miss you so much,” Jaejoong smiled as he broke the hug and went to another ninja-person, Changmin called, named Junho.

“So, we end up in the same team again?” Jaejoong smiled as Junho looked at him with confused stare,” Oh! Here your badges, we passed!”

“Really?” finally the black-robe Yoochun spoke up. Jaejoong wasn’t quite sure how to react; he just nodded. So eventually all of them got out from the deadly building and went to clinic for their wounds. They didn’t need to but it would make their superior confused if they didn’t. It was late at night and five of them spent the night in a nearby inn that their superior had booked for them. They shared a big room together.

Changmin was reading a book in the balcony when he felt a presence walked toward him from behind. He tried to trace the mind but he got nothing. He looked back and discovered Yoochun stood behind him.

“What now? Are you going to push me down because I hurt your Junsu?” Changmin asked, uncomfortable already.

“I used to think I’d…but I won’t,” Yoochun answered with blank expression. It pissed Changmin off as he tried to search for Yoochun’s mind but he felt nothing. He couldn’t even detect the mind.

“What are you doing?” Yoochun asked as he saw Changmin frowned. Then, the answer was crystal clear to Changmin, There’s only one kind of thing he couldn’t read the mind; dead things. So, was Yoochun, a perfectly healthy living being in front of him, not alive?

“You’re supposed to be dead,” Changmin spoke up as he senses Yoochun’s face tightened.

“What do you mean?” Yoochun tried to fake a smile.

“You’re not human, what are you? Ghost?” Changmin asked as he remembered his experience with ghost few years ago. Changmin was standing in front of Yoochun, who’s having troubled look.

“He’s a death reaper!” Jaejoong suddenly appeared out of nowhere as he pushed Changmin away and started examine Yoochun,” I can’t believe I see, meet, and even touch one!”

“Hyung…you’re way too excited, don’t you know these people tried to kill us few hours ago?” Changmin whinned as he got out from the scene and went inside the room. He was surprised but he felt down somehow.

You’re just cute like jealous puppy! Jaejoong screamed his thought and he was sure Changmin could hear it. It was proved when he heard Changmin shouted at him from inside.

“Hmm, can you let me go?” Yoochun spoke as finally Jaejoong realized he was still holding Yoochun.

“Sorry,” Jaejoong spoke as he pulled Yoochun,” Come on, let’s get to know each other!”

“Wait---Woah!!!” Yoochun was pulled inside the room and forced to sit on the floor. They’re making a circle position, the order was; Jaejoong, Junsu, Junho, Yoochun, and Changmin.

“Let’s start by introducing ourselves,” Jaejoong opened the discussion group, that’s what Changmin decided to call it,” Even though I have known Junho and Junsu from the past, Changmin hasn’t know them and I haven’t known Yoochun. I’m Kim Jaejoong, vampire, and I can control my blood, even making spider web. I’m good at cooking.”

Changmin and Junsu nooded in agreement as the others laughed a little at their silly same act.

“I’m Kim Junsu, werewolf, I’ve sharp sense of smell and hearing, also sharp eyes,” the cute werewolf, Changmin decided to call it that, spoke.

“Kim Junho, Junsu’s twin older brother, also a werewolf. Basically we have some power but I studied medicine that’s why I’ll in charge of medical, surgery, and forensic in our team,” the other werewolf spoke,” Oh, for your information, I and Junsu are vegetarian; we don’t eat human’s meat, we eat animal’s.”

“Glad to hear that,” Changmin finally gave his comment.

“I’m Park Yoochun, death reaper…”and that’s end the death reaper’s introduction. Changmin sighed as it was his turn now.

“Shim Changmin, I’m a psychic but I’m not human anymore. I remove things and read mind…”

Then, the werewolves and death reaper paused. They’re somehow showing shocked expression at Changmin last statement.

“Don’t worry, he won’t be able to hear your thought if you make sure it is so private; he won’t attack your privacy,” Jaejoong reassured.

“I promise that,” Changmin grinned,” But don’t blame me if I hear your unprotected thoughts…Oh, one more thing, I can’t read Yoochun…hyung’s thought because he’s in dead category…”

“…Okay, so we’re cool?” Yoochun suddenly smiled and it surprised everyone; he smiled to Changmin! The one that he almost killed after Changmin hurt Junsu. Maybe, being reassured that his thought would be off limit to Changmin pleased him. They shook hand.

So they spent the rest of the night talking mostly and beginning to know each other more. Jaejoong told the twins about his journey and vice versa. Changmin talked to Yoochun because he was curious about the death reaper. Jaejoong eventually cooked a supper for them and it ended up Changmin and Junsu fought over the food. They’re finally together once again.

From that day, they went to mission by mission together; mostly dealing with the non-human creatures because their superior gave them cases that couldn’t be solved by normal agents. Years passed and then Junho decided to leave the team to pursue his own forensic department. Junsu didn’t want to let Junho go of course but after talking for a night, Junsu knew he couldn’t be a child anymore.

Another year passed and this time they would meet a new member. A human named Jung Yunho. They’re worried but also excited at the same time. They might pull same pranks on the human; Changmin liked the idea. Little they knew meeting Jung Yunho would change their everything. Their secrets, strength, and friendship were under-test as they struggled to fight the evil in this world. Fate might make their ‘UnDERwoRLD’ filled with darkness, yet, they would have friendship as their light.

-UnDERconflueNCE ENDED-