UnDERconceaLED (1/3)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

UnDERconceaLED Part 1


It was a dark and cold night. The freezing breeze and silence made the atmosphere even more shivery. Not many people hanging out around the street, most of them were hiding in the cobble-stoned alley. They’re smoking, doing drugs, or other things.

Garbage piled up at the street corner and many of them made awful smell, yet people ignored them. Some dim lights lightened his view as he hugged his book tightly on his chest. It was the latest medicine book he wanted so bad and no way he would let any thief stole it.

Still walking, the figure turned left as he got into a small and dark alley. He ignored the people whispering and knocked on a door. He waited till a voice asked,” Who’s it?”

“It’s me, Junsu ah…” he spoke as his little twin brother named Junsu, opened the door and let him in.

“Welcome home, hyungie,” Junsu spoke like a small child as he hugged Junho tightly, didn’t want to let go.

“I’m home,” Junho caressed his spoilt little brother’s hair as he put the book on the shelves. They chatted as they went passing a small living room. There was only an old sofa, big wooden bookshelves, and a stoned-fireplace. Dandelion decorated the edge of the room.

They kept walking to a small kitchen; there were only two old chairs and a wooden small table there. That time, they didn’t have much money, only for food and basic living expense.

“So, what did you make for dinner tonight?” Junho asked curiously as Junsu smiled and answered,” A boiled egg and some rice!”

“That seems tasty,” Junho spoke as Junsu took their dinner out. They ate the simple meal together as they shared the things they did that day. Junho spoke about his study, how he was able to save a life today and Junsu felt proud of his big brother. It had been four years since Junho practice and learn medicine in a state academy. He helped sick people and tried to cure them.

Junsu told his brother he would wash the dishes after they finished eating and Junho should take a warm bath, he knew his big brother was quite tired. Junho nodded without a sign to refuse, he’s indeed tired. The day was long enough for his body, even though he was supposed to be stronger than normal people now.

Junho went inside the bathroom as he jumped into the warm water Junsu had prepared. He closed his eyes as he enjoyed the heat. Without knowing it, some old memories shaped inside his head.

He remembered the first time he and Junsu moved into this town, Vienna, local people called it ‘Wien’. They didn’t have anything; luckily, a landlord was generous enough to give them a place to stay. It was the house they had now. It was the hardest time Junho ever felt, especially because of Junsu’s condition.

[FLASHBACK]

“Hyung, please don’t hurt me, I promise I’ll be a good boy, OK? Please don’t hurt me!” Junsu kept mumbling coherently as he woke up from his thousand nightmares. It had been a habit that Junho would hug his little brother, saying ‘it’s going to be ok, I won’t hurt you, sorry’. Then, Junsu would be calmer and went back to sleep. Worse of all, sometime the nightmares struck twice a night.

[END OF FLASHBACK]


It was Junho’s fault, he knew it; for turning his own brother into a monster called ‘werewolf’. It was his freaking fault to let Junsu hurt. It was his entire fault that he couldn’t protect Junsu.

“Hyungie…” Junsu’s voice woke Junho from his daydreaming.

“What’s it?” Junho asked.

“You forgot your towel; I’ll put it up here, OK?” 

Junho thanked Junsu for his concern. He got out from the bath as he wiped dry himself. Put up some clothes as he headed to their bedroom, just to find out his cute little brother was rolling around the bed.

“Oh! Hyungie, you’re done bathing,” Junsu blushed a little because his childish behavior was found out.

“Yeah,” Junho smiled as he continued,” Today is supermarket day right? What did you buy for our food this week?”

“Umm, let’s see…” Junsu answered,” I bought a lettuce, two bottles of milk, some apples and oranges...umm...I forgot the others. Anyway, the things I bought are all delicious!”

“Cool,” Junho spoke as he joined Junsu on the bed. He caressed Junsu’s hair once again as he gave a goodnight hug. He was glad that Junsu could be saved.

[FLASHBACK]

“RUN AWAY!” Junho shouted his lungs as a small girl cried hard, sobbing asking for her mommy.

A figure rushed into the girl’s direction with a cold and killing eyes, his lips were covered with some fresh blood. There was nobody there except, two monsters-like figures and the small girl. They’re in the deepest alley of all.

“NO! Please don’t hurt me again!” the girl cried out in fear.

“Junsu, stop it!!!” Junho demanded as he tried to get up and succeeded. He rushed into the girl’s side even though his bleeding was preventing him for doing so.

“Help!!!” was the last thing could be heard from the girl before she passed out.

“JUNSU!!!”

[END OF FLASHBACK]


The girl didn’t die though but she suffered from trauma for two years. Junsu blamed himself for all the bad thing happened to the girl. He couldn’t control his thirst those days. From that day, Junsu never wanted to leave the house, not even walked out from the door. He was too afraid he would hurt other people.

Luckily, a year ago, Junho managed to let Junsu stepped out again into the real world. It was the hardest work but Junho never regretted it. He was thankful for it, that his little brother could finally get out from his own prison.

 

 

---

 

 

 

It was another night, Junho sighed as he felt guilty to let his little brother stayed home alone again. It was almost one o’clock and he just finished his work at the nearest clinic. He didn’t like to come home late because he wanted to have dinner and spend time more with Junsu.

He fastened his walk but his shoes still didn’t make any sound with the cobble-stoned ground. He looked around and found that people already sleeping. He was awake alone, trying to find a way home.

Suddenly, a scream caught his hearing. It wasn’t loud at all, like a silenced one. Something bad must be happening, the thought immediately crossed Junho’s mind. Without thinking, he rushed into the source of the voice.

He got into a small alley and followed a labyrinth-like track. He ended up at a dead end where much garbage was stored there. He looked around and found nothing. He decided he should just go home. Just went he turned back to get back to the main road, he saw blood splashed on the wall behind him. 

He was shocked when he turned back and saw a figure there; cold and red crimson eyes, deadly fangs, and pale skin. The figure was clearly killed the woman he harshly grasped and was drinking her blood thirstily. Even for Junho, the view was cruel, he couldn’t bear it.

The figure saw Junho with his right eyes and warned him to not interfere or he would end up like the woman. Junho got the message but he couldn’t stand doing nothing. He ended up staying there till the figure finished drinking all the blood.

“You’re not human. What…are you?” Junho managed to ask as the figure threw the corpse on the ground. The cold and red bloody eyes stared at Junho for a while, and finally disappeared. 

Junho was about to turn around and get the hell out of that place but a kick was thrown to his stomach just before he turned back. He hit the wall as he realized that inhumanly figure was the one who attacked him.

Jumping, the figure tried to smash Junho into pieces but Junho managed to avoid it and used his wolf claws to bleed the figure arms. The figure cursed in pain as the figure back out.

“You’re also…not human,” was the last sentence the figure spoke before he disappeared completely.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Hyung!!! What happened to you?!” Junsu was shocked when he opened the door and found Junho leaning on the wall, grinning in pain.

 

 

 

“I was…attacked,” Junho said as he let Junsu helped him get inside. He could feel one of his ribs dislocated because the kick he received before. 
 

 

 

“What? Who attacked you, hyung?!” Junsu was ready to crush whoever and whatever attacked his beloved hyung.
 
“I’m not sure…” Junho spoke as Junsu put him on the bed,” He…drinks blood…”
 
“WHAT?!” Junsu couldn’t believe what he heard,” Hyung…Are you drunk?”
 
“No! I’m---Ouchh…” 
 
“Don’t speak; I’ll move the ribs back to its place, OK?” Junsu said as he put pressure on Junho’s upper stomach and made the ribs back to its place before.
 
“…Thanks…Junsu,” was Junho last word before he drifted to his slumber. Junsu kissed his brother forehead. He knew Junho would be as new the next day but he was still worried.