N I N E

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

NINE 


Monday. 

After the hectic week from receiving an unwated news to the sudden wedding preparations onto the actual wedding that happened in a little span of time, I can now finally go back to my somehow usual life back at the university. Even though it has only been a week, it felt like forever since I've last seen them and honestly, Bin and I haven't been talking that much yet. I'm pretty sure he was still devastated about last time's. 

On the other hand, Just because I am going back to Seoul it doesn't mean that there's nothing worse than the wedding itself right? But sadly, there is. Last night Eunwoo and I had our first family dinner with both of our parents which we thought would be something normal. They talk about business while we nod our heads in agreement but we were wrong. I know I do love surprises but surprises like that scares me. 

"It's your new home," Trying to understand the words that came out of my mom's lips, I can't help but to get pissed off. Yes, I do love them so much but getting me into an arranged marriage is one thing but this? Isn't this going overboard? They could've atleast gave us a notice the moment they have announced our wedding. This should end here, right? But jokes on you I am too much of a coward to even stand for myself. Right after my mom showed us the keycard, we smiled awkwardly in unison and agreed to the idea. 

"You have a plan about this, don't you?" I mouthed to him and we continued the dinner celebration acting like everything is indeed fine. 

__ 

 It is currently Monday and Eunwoo was driving the both of us back to Seoul early in the morning to catch up with our classes for the week, "So, how will you be telling your friends about this given situation?" I asked.

"Can you believe that they'll go this far?!" My voice was trembling due to frustration and anger, "I already agreed to the marriage but isn't this too much?" Trying to look for words, I can't hide my facial expressions and hand gestures.  It is currently Monday where Eunwoo and I are driving back to Seoul after the long week, "So how are you going to tell your friends about this?" I questioned. 

He hummed, his eyes were still focused on the road but he is trying to look for an answer and a solution about the apartment thing as well, "My housemates are often away with their girlfriends and part time jobs," He started, "I'm pretty sure they won't notice me being gone so I guess I can take care of the apartment," He shrugged. Why does everything goes smoothly with Eunwoo. It makes me want to hate him more than I do now.

On my end, I need to lie to my friends because how would they take it when I told them I married someone I dislike the most. Sure, for the past week I've gotten to know Eunwoo but with this given situation my anger just came back rushing onto me and I can't even think logically right now. Cutting my thoughts, Eunwoo asked, "How about you?" 

"Well, Ari is suspicious about a lot of stuffs but I'm pretty sure she'd believe me," Which annoys the hell out of me because she trusts me so much and I can't even tell her the truth, "Bin on the other hand. We even haven't made up yet after last time," I stated as a heavy sigh left my lips, "Forget about it. I'll just solve it once I'm there." 
 

 

In the end, Eunwoo and I came up with the conclusion of semi-living at the apartment our parents brought for us as a "newly wed" gift. Yes, we could've just left the apartment and not do anything about it but they specifically told us that they'll be visiting and checking us at the apartment every weekends, We are literally adults plus why are we taking this marriage too seriously? I thought they knew that this is all about the business right. What did I get myself into. 

Well, my mom told us some details about the said apartment where it has two beedrooms so we could work on that, right? We have yet to test out the plans we have in mind because we have school paper works right ahead of us but I, well I hope he also hopes for the best that this plan goes on smoothly.  

♦♦♦

Finally arriving at Seoul, I asked Eunwoo to drop me off at the nearby cafe instead of the school grounds. Being at the same Theatre Club as him is already enough, I can't be seen hanging out around him unless it is business related or organization related. If that happens, I will be bombarded with a lot of questions from people I know specially Bin and Ari. I just want my college life to be at least normal. 

On the other hand, being the obedient person Eunwoo is, he actually dropped me off to the one where Bin, Ari and I hangs out. I unbuckled my seatbelt and was about to leave his car but his words stopped me, "You forgot this," He stated. Forgot what? I pretty much have nothing but my backpack right now. I gave him a confused look as he reach out at the back of his seat. 

It was a black tote bag. My eyes followed the bag until he offered it to me, "What is this?" I asked in confusion. Why is he adding thrill onto it? Can I just go out and have some coffee because I really need one today, "It's a packed lunch," He started, "I woke up quite early than expected and decided to pack you some food. I don't want you skipping your meals,"He added, his eyes not meeting mine but I saw how a small smile formed on his lips.

"Oh," I said. Loss at words I didn't know what to say or do, I mean it'd be quite rude if I do refuse, right? So in the end I grabbed the tote bag and bowed as a "Thank you, I guess" gesture. Finally, I was then able to get out of his car and enter the cafe. Once I found and empty seat where I can relax onto, I can once again feel a hard pounding on my chest. What did just happen?! Why do I feel so flattered by his gesture? Don't let it get into you Cha Hara. Wait, did I just admit that I am indeed a part of the Cha family now. 

Am I seriously alright? 

__

Trying to distract myself from these weird thoughts, I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted Bin & Ari of my hwereabouts. It has been a long tiring week for me and it is them who I wanted to see and start my week with even though Bin and I haven't made up completely yet. 

After waiting for a few minutes, it was Bin who first arrived as Ari stated that she's on her way through text, "Hara!" Oh yes, I am about to get lectured in three two and one, "Do you think I already forgive you about what happened last time?! I feel so betrayed," He stated as he took a sit at an empty chair right in front of me. I gestured him to calm down and he gave me a mixture of an angry and disappointed look. I cleared my throat looking for words, excuse rather.

"My dad has a big partnership with one company," Well, that wasn't a lie, "And my dad wanted me to help with the paper works as well as to meet some business people involved since he'll be at Taiwan," That wasn't much of a lie either. I did meet business people and helped with paper works such as marriage registration. I laughed awkwardly on my thoughts. "So yes." 

Bin, who had known me for years gave me a very doubtful look that went on for quite some time. He is probably thinking if my explanation are facts and that it is acceptable or not for his standards. I coughed and cleared my throat trying my best to avoid eye contact with him, "Alright," He sighed, "Family business can really be abrupt and serious but would you please notify me, us. Don't turn off your phone dummy." 

I instantly nodded my head in reassurance and gave him a small hug to rejoice how my excuse got through, "Stop about me, How have you been?" I asked, changing the topic before he asks furthermore. He shrugged, "Just the same old stuffs," I nodded, "Oh and I got in to the Sports Club," As he said those words, a smile grew onto myself. After years of being really close friends, I realized that Bin rarely hangs out with other people and him, being accepted at the club would be a great opportunity for him to meet new people like I did at the Theatre Club. 

I'm honestly happy that he didn't follow me through the theatre club because I want him to do things that would make him happy and not just because he is in the safe space.  

 

"I'm sorry, I had to finish a commission before leaving the house," It was Ari and she stood right before us, breathless. She was catching her breath as she took the empty seat right beside me and placed her tote bag on the other, "It's been a long time Hara," She greeted, "I missed you so much! The apartment feels so empty without you," She said as she gave me one of her tightest hugs.

Fake crying, I hugged her back and said, "I missed you more! I miss our late night snacks and movie nights," It has only been a week but it felt like we have missed a lot of things. On the other hand, Bin gave us a disgusted look on how overreacting we are about the situation as if he didn't scold me as soon as he arrived awhile ago. After a little catching up and ordering some drinks, we decided to take the leave and head to our class with our unfinished coffees and frappes. 

The class is actually my less favorite subject, Psychological Statistics which includes number that I probably hate the most. I know I have been doing great with academics eversince but I just couldn't get myself together when I have to study any subject that includes endless numbers and words correlated with it.   

__ 

The first half of the day consists of two Major subjects per usual. It is indeed draining and I've got a little grudge to whoever made our Monday schedule. Anyway, we decided to finally grab some lunch trying to ease up the stressed we have gathered from both subjects. Ari, Bin and I rarely go outside of the campus during lunch time for the cafeteria foods are quite good in SIU and pretty much affordable specially for students who are doing part time jobs. Plus, we are too tired to even bother stepping out of the campus.

Unlike Tuesdays, the cafeteria is not pretty crowded during the Mondays. We easily got a table to sit in and "I'll look out for the table. You guys can grab your foods first," Ari offered. I nodded but that was when realization hit me.  "It's a packed lunch. I woke up quite early today than expected and I decided to pack you some food. I don't want you skipping your meals," I slowly went back on my chair and said, "I just remembered that my mom gave me some packed lunch back from Incheon," I lied. 

Bin gave me a weirded out look and chuckled, "Are we back in middle school? Plus don't you have a head chef, why would auntie cook packed lunch for you-" "Well," I cut him off, "My mom missed me so much that she decided to cook for me again," I reasoned out and put my tongue out to back. Thus, Bin and Ari went together to grab their usual meals during Mondays.

   

The lunch was packed in a beige plastic container which I then opened and as soon as I did, the aromatic smell of sliced roasted chicken and omellete rich caught my attention. I then realize that a smile grew onto my face, feeling my cheeks getting hotter by second. Clearing my throat, I looked around to see if anyone saw my expressions, not that it really matters but I still did. That was when my eyes landed on no one else but the familiar face that I have been seeing around for the past week. 

It was Cha Eun Woo. 

Should I just ignore him even if he's already looking back at me? I mean, I should right? We have no business regarding school anyway. I took a deep breath and as soon as I saw the lunch he had prepared for me I felt guilty, Okay, just this once Hara, alright? I gathered enough confidence and looked back at him, who was by the way still looking at me, "Thank you," I mouthed. He gave me a genuine smile as I shifted my attention back to the food.

I took out the chopsticks that was on my bag. I always bring reusable metal chopsticks to help the environment as much as I could. Well then, let's see how good of a cook he is. Taking my first bite, I saw Eunwoo staring at me from my peripheral vision. At that moment I decided to give him a quick glance when my eyes landed on his fingers. He is wearing a ring. 

Our wedding ring.   

Was he wearing that this whole time? I tried to go back in time, trying to recall if he was and that was when it came to me that he was indeed wearing it the whole time. I was busy complaining about the apartment that I slipped off my mind. I choked on my food upon the realization and I have no drink on my hand right now but just right in time, a hand offered me a bottle, "T-Thank you," I stuttered after clearing half of the bottle.

"You should eat a little bit slower," He commented. I looked up and saw Eun Woo. Trust me I was eating slowly, not until I saw the ring on your finger, "Why are you wearing that?" I whispered, as soft as I could, "People might question you-" My words were cut off by no other than Moon Bin, "What are you doing here?" He asked, not me but a question directed to Eun Woo.

I cleared my throat and tried to look for an excuse, "I-" "I saw Hara choking on the food. That's it," Of course not, he and I were staring at each other the whole time, "So I decided to help," He added. I nodded in agreement to avoid more questions from Moon Bin. Yet, for a few minutes the atmosphere between the two of them remained tense where Ari and I didn't even know what to do. 

"Alright. Thank you for giving me a bottle of water Eunwoo," I said, snapping them both back to the reality, "I'll pay you back," I said as I gesture him to take a leave from our table but Bin is pretty much consistent on letting him stay, "Haven't I told you before? Don't come any closer to Hara," I choked on my saliva trying to process his words. What does he mean by that? Before? Does it mean he had a talk with Eunwoo about me back then?    

 

"I'm not sure if I could do that this time," Eunwoo stated.


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Time for some drama aye! 
Anyways, I hope you like the chapter 
please tell me your thoughts =)) 

PROOFREAD