E L E V E N

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

ELEVEN


"What?!" I said which ended up almost a loud shout. After receiving an emergency call from Eunwoo I had no choice but to leave my bestfriend, Ari into going back to our shared apartment alone. I promised to myself that I'll make it up for her the next time we hangout. Today was fun and by that I meant it was really really fun. I got to go out with a girl friend which I have dreamt of for a long time now and we went shopping & watched a movie. I honestly thought that the deity will be all good to me until this day ends even just for once this month but I guess not. I guess wishes rarely happens. 

Hurriedly, I stopped an empty taxi right in front of the mall and searched my phone for the apartment address in panicked. After a few minutes of driving into the unknown I finally found the address and told the driver. I took a deep sighed and rested my whole back at the seat as I look out the window staring at nowhere but people who are enjoying their night with their love ones. I tend saw my phone lit up and unlocked it. 

"I told Mrs. Min that you haven't got off from your extra class for today yet," It was a text from Eunwoo. Why does she call my mom Mrs.Min? We are married after all he should at least call her Aunt or something like that. Why am I even bothered with that? That's not even the important issue right now. What's with my mom and her surprise visit anyways? All I could right now is rest patiently and sigh heavily. 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

Out of breath I finally got right in front of our apartment door and I could already hear my mom's laugh. What is she even discussing with Eunwoo alone? I took a deep breath and pressed the door bell. I forgot the keycard and the passcode for I wasn't really planning on using this apartment as soon as a week after the marriage? — I heard my mom's foot step heading towards the door. How did I know it was her? Let's just put it as she has a weird way of walking and the sound that it makes is pretty memorable. 

"Hara!" The door open widely and her hugged greeted me. I missed my mom's hug. No matter how many days we have been apart whether it's one or two days at most she still has the warmest hug I couldn't resist. After a minute of hugging each other my eyes landed on Eunwoo who was waiting at the end of the apartment's hall that was when I snapped back into reality. 

I broke from the hug and told my mom that we should come in before other apartment owners notice us. It'll be a very awkward encounter if so. As I close the door behind me my eyes roamed around a big apartment. There were two rooms and the living area was at the end of the hall. The windows were ceiling to floor and it showed an amazing night view of Seoul. 

"So how was school?" My mom asked. I hummed and said, "It's doing pretty good," I was having the best moment of my life half an hour ago but because of your sudden visit it was all gone. Reminds me that I should text Ari as soon as possible after this talk with mom. 

 

We both sat at an L-shaped couch which was by the way super soft and comfortable to sit in. Eunwoo then took out some drinks from the fridge and placed at the table right in front of us. My eyes were locked onto him and noticed that something seems off about him but I can't pin point at? Anyways, I shrugged off the thought and thanked him for his offer. I opened the can of soda and realized there was a big wrapped gift right beside the television desk. 

I gulped and placed my drink at the table as I stood up to check what was that, "What is this?" I asked waiting for my mom to answer as Eunwoo sat at an empty chair placed by the kitche island, "Oh! That was the reason why I am here today," Eunwoo and I looked at each other confusingly as my mom stood up and unwrapped it and our eyes widened. 

When I say widened I meant it. I choke on my saliva when my mom finished unwrapping the gift, "It is your wedding photo. I was so excited when I got it and wanted to deliver it on my own right away!" Her voice was thrilled with excitement while Eunwoo and I was speechless, "Did you like it?" What do you mean like it? We were forced to get married well actually not entirely forced but that doesn't mean we will be using this apartment at this age and on top of that a wedding photo of us in a big wooden frame? You must be kidding me. 

"That's nice of you Mrs. Min but we are quite busy to put that up yet," Nice Cha Eunwoo! I thought as I gave him a look of approval. 


My mom then let out a soft laugh and pointed at an empty wall right above the television, "When I got this apartment I already had this prepared," And there was a around three nails placed on the empty wall. Our jaw dropped not literally but I can say it almost did, "And since Eunwoo is one tall man I'm pretty sure he could place this easily, right?" He gulpped. It was one visible gulped. 

With our parents' favor we pretty much don't have a choice so he stood up and grabbed a chair for a better level of placing the big frame. I felt bed just by looking so I decided to grab another chair and help out. My mom screamed. It was not a loud solid scream but "Newly weds putting their wedding photo together. I must take a photo of this for memories," My mom is pretty much a photo hoarder ever since. 


After a few minutes of putting it together and trying to place it at the best angle we can we sat down on the chairs we have stepped on and sighed. On the other hand, mom was dancing around the living area while holding her soda not until she checked her wrist watched, "Oh my, it's this late. I must get going," She said. 

"Is Mr. Han with you?" I asked and she nodded while grabbing her hand bag, "It has been a great time with you newly weds. I'll get going for now but I'll drop by with surprise visits next time," She said waving her goodbye as we sat at the chairs dumbfounded on the words surprise visits. When the sound echoed through the apartment which signalled us that the door went lock we heavily sighed in unison. 

I stood up and stretched my back as I said, "Sorry for that troublesome encounter. I should have read your text way earlier," He shooked his head and gave me a fainted smile. I swear something is off about Eunwoo today. Should I check out of my hunch is right? — I got closer to Eunwoo and soon my palm met his forehead, "Oh. I was right." 


He looked at me confusingly as I went to the kitchen searching for something. I was searching for fever patches. I can't believe this guy right here hasn't been feeling well yet still rushed towards the apartment to save both of us from mom. A chuckled got out of my mouth. As soon as I found the fever patches I got one and went back to Eunwoo. 

"You don't have to do that. I don't do fever patches this will just go aw-" before he could finish his sentence I placed the fever patch nicely on his forehead and made sure that no hair of his was caught up with it, "There you go. Do you want me to call a taxi for you?" He held the fever patched and shooked his head, "I think it's better for me to stay the night in here." 

Silence embraced the both of us and I slowly nodded, "Sorry if I can't see you out," He murmured as he walked towards the grey couch. I shook my head and said, "I'll be staying the night as well," Honestly, not sure if this is a great idea but being the kind person I am it is best to stay beside Eunwoo for now. Who knows what might happen to him, right? Don't get me wrong, okay? I am just doing this for him as an exchange for what he did while I was gone. 

"Are you sure?" He questioned and I simply nodded. I then went to check out the rest of the apartment after all this is the first time I've been here. —There were to bedroom. One was the master's and the other is the guest room. Not so much of a difference the master's just have its own bathroom. I then checked out the guest bathroom which is beside the entrance and I suddenly realized how this apartment was pretty much packed up with stuffs we needed. Our parents are quite thoughtful after all. 

After roaming around the apartment and checking things out. I went back to the living area to tell Eunwoo that he can have the master's bedroom and I can go with the guest one but it was too late. As I reached the end of the hall he was quietly sleeping on the couch, "He should've went to one of the rooms," I chuckled. 

Going back to the master's bedroom I grabbed the blanket on top of it and brought it to the living room where Eunwoo was. I then placed it on top of him. I didn't what has gotten into me but I sat on the floor facing no one but him. I realized how Eunwoo's physical appearance didn't quite change over time since I first saw him but his features definitely matured. His eyes became sharp yet when I first saw him they were all innocent and sad. I wonder how did I change over time? 

A small smile grew on my lips with me realizing it later than usual. When I snapped back into reality and decided to go to my room a voice echoed in the living area, "Mom, mom..." It was Eunwoo but his voice was soft and sad at the same time. "Mom" I murmured to myself. That's right I have always been wondering where was Eunwoo's mom all these time? Ever since our wedding plans and our actual wedding I haven't seen her nor anyone dare to talk about her. Did she divorced Mr.Cha or is she dead? I shooked off the idea and told myself that I'll ask Eunwoo once he's feeling all well. 

 

This time I decided to stand up for real and head to my room but a feeling of touch caught my attention. It was Eunwoo who was grabbing my hand, "Can you stay with me, please?" Was he half asleep all these time? I didn't know what to say nor what to do so I sat back on my original place and hummed him a yes. A smile grew on his lips and he murmured, "Goodnight, Cha Hara." 

 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

It was a great dream. I remember having one of the best dream I haven't had for a while not yet I was also woken up with a great smell. Is it food? It must be food, right? My eyes then slowly opened on its own. When it fully opened the first thing that I saw were the empty white ceiling and a golden chandelier. The ceiling? Wait. Coming back to reality I quickly stood up and my eyes landed on Eunwoo who was in apron making I assume, a breakfast? "Oh. You're awake?" He greeted with the brightest smile I have ever seen, "Come up here. Let's have breakfast." 

What is happening? Wait. Eunwoo has a fever right? I stood up and rushed towards him to check his temperature and compared to mine, "Your fever is done," I whispered, "That's great," Eunwoo chuckled and caressed my head, "I'm all well now thanks to you and the fever patch that you offered." 

Did he just caressed my head? I felt my cheeks turning red and the atmosphere being hotter than usual. What is wrong with you Hara? 

"Sit down. I'll serve you the bacons," He said softly pushing me towards the empty chair. He then went back to the stove to finish off the bacons and handed them into me placed in a newly bought marble plate by our parents. So this is what I was smelling awhile ago. I thought. Eunwoo sat beside me and we sat in silence for a few minutes to let the food cool down for a bit, "Can I ask you something?" 

He hummed a yes, "Sure." 

"If you don't mind I have been really curious since then but is your parents divorced?" Right after those words left my mouth I wasn't sure if it was the right moment to ask it but Eunwoo answered me other wise, "No. They love each other so much I can't imagine them having a divorce," "So," 

He took a deep breath and, "My mom died at the end of my sixth grade," Sixth grade? I met him at the beginning of seventh grade. Is that why his eyes were so sad and he wanted to be alone most of the time? "It was a pretty hard time but she died of natural causes anyway." 

Why do I feel like I shouldn't have asked that? I can tell the atmosphere turned 360 degrees, "I'm sorry-" "You don't have to be. I have been mourning her for four years now and I decided to get over it for the sake of both I and dad's." I was still speechless and I felt like time froze for a few minutes. 

"The bacon has cooled down. You should go ahead and eat," He said as he started eating his. 

 

Right after we finished our food I offer to clean the dishes as Eunwoo sat in front of the television and watched some variety shows. It was the first time I saw him laugh a loud and freely. I can't believe he has been all alone and battling it on his own all through our high school years. It must have been a really tough four years for him. — After a few minutes of cleaning the dishes and the counter tops I heard the television being turned off, "What's wrong?" I asked Eunwoo as he quickly showed me his car keys, "I'll take you home." 

I nodded and accepted his offer. Ari must have been worrying a lot about me since my phone died on the way here and I didn't went home. 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

I arrived in front of our apartment complex at around nine in the morning and I'm pretty sure that around this time that Ari is still fast asleep. I stepped out of Eunwoo's car as per usual and bowed to him as a sign of being thankful for his offer. He smiled and I closed the door. It has been a few hours but I felt like I got to know Eunwoo a lot more than I initially did. 

As soon as I opened my apartment door quietly to not wake Ari up I rushed towards my bedroom and threw myself on my bed. Should I sleep more? It's Sunday after all. But then I remembered how Eunwoo was wearing our wedding ring and I wasn't. I stood up from my bed and looked for it, "I'm pretty sure I placed it somewhere here," I whispered to myself as I look for it, "There it is." 

Our wedding rings were not made out of gold but with pure silver. I'm glad our parents picked this instead of a gold one that catches too much attention. I then stared at it for a few more minutes debating if I should wear it or not, "I shouldn't right? This will higher the risk of getting caught." 

Agreeing onto myself I placed the ring back to it's box and hid it into the drawer. 
 

I should get more sleep. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Happy 80 subs! Thank you so much! 
Double update for today :>> 

UNPROOFREAD