E i g h t

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

Eight


Birds chirpping, sunlight touching my soft delicate skin, It was a sunny Saturday morning. 

Ms.Lee, the head of our maids woke me up from my slumber at seven o'clock. I tied my hair to look more presentable and tuck away my bed hair. Unlike the usual mornings, my breakfast was brought to my bed in my surprise. Ms.Lee explained that it was my parents order to avoid wasting more time after all, today is finally our wedding day. I am officially about to be a part of the Cha family and honestly, it hasn't sink in to me yet, at all. This feels like a normal Saturday with few changes like the breakfast in bed. 

I drank my favorite organic milk and took a few bites on the freshly baked bread placed on my plate. I feel so lethargic yet great. Something about today makes me feel relaxed and calm. But before I go on with my day, I decided to take out my phone which I have been turning off since yesterday morning until today. It's just that I'm trying to somehow avoid messages from Ari and Bin for I'd feel more guilt than I already have.

"Good morning sweetie, are you ready for today's special event?" It was my mom who greeted me as she entered my room as I was fixing myself up for a bit. I swear my mom needs to break the habit of not knocking on my door before coming in. I gave her an unsure, fainted smile as she caressed my cheeks and sat beside me, "Thank you Hara," She started. 

I stared at her in confusion as to why she was thanking me genuinely early in the morning, I cleared my throat after taking a sip from my milk and asked, "For what?"   

"I know marriage is a very big deal. I know you want to experience true love and get married once you both are ready," Her voice was shaking as if it's going to break any time soon, "And marrying a stranger is tough for the both you and Eunwoo but I am thankful that you are willing to do this far for the sake of the company your dad worked hard for for years," She stated and honestly, I felt a little pinch on my chest where I'm happy I was able to help my parents but at the same time it felt so unfair, "I'm sorry Hara," She said. Giving me a big tight hug.  
 

I cried on my mom's shoulder and our little mother-daughter talked went on for awhile but right after a small heartwarming talk with her, the day officially started. My mom was busy preparing herself for the ceremony and made sure others things are getting taken care of like checking if the flowers have finally arrived at the Cathedral. The wedding was decided to be held at the Dapdong Catheral where my parents and Eunwoo's parents are devoted participants of the church. Therefore, they prefer if we can have our wedding on this particular cathedral. I mean, we have no place to say no after all.

As I was getting myself ready to go and prepare myself, I saw the wedding car arriving at our driveway and that was the moment where everything is slowly sinking in. I am really getting married, right? Unsure of what to feel at the very moment, I stood up and cleaned myself up before I go downstairs where the make up artists are waiting.   

I must say, the make up artists were indeed very skilled. The make up they have placed on me didn't feel heavy at all and the products they have used were not itchy nor uncomfortable on my skin. My skin is pretty sensitive to some makeup and skincare products after all. With stuffs like these, I know I can trust no one but my mom. The time continously tick and after hours of finishing my make up look and fixing my hair, it was time to finally fit in my dress. The gown we have chosen is a plain white a-line gown with not much of an accessory to make it as simple as it can be. 

As I wore the dress and stood right in front of the mirror to see how it looks on me, the day where Eunwoo and I went to fit this gown came flashing back onto me. I remembered how he stared at me for a few minutes, speechless while I stand in front with this dress, "You're beautiful," I shooked away the thought and grabbed a glass of water. Get through with this event Hara so you can finally go back to Seoul and deal with Bin & Ari.  

♦ ♦ ♦ 

Arriving just on time, my parents were in a seperate car from the car I was in for this car would be use by me and Eunwoo right after the wedding. Once we have arrived my parents were already busy greeting the guests who were invited to our wedding who are mostly investors or other companies that our families are in touch with. Eunwoo and I agreed that we won't be inviting any of our friends or acquintances in the said ceremony and explained to our parents how we'd prefer to keep our marriage private from our friends for the mean time. 

Having the knowledge of how this is a business inclined plan after all, they agreed and respected our decisions regarding that which made both of us actually happy. 

Taking my first step as I got out from the car, my father whom I rarely see for the past years was standing right in front of the catheral with a smile on his that I rarely see. The nervousness I was feeling lessened because of it. I've always been glad that even if he is busy providing for the company and our family, he is still able to give us the usual smile he gives us even though it is quite rare nowadays.

"Is it really my daughter, Hara?" He asked, "You look very much like your mom when she was at your age," He commented. That's right, my mom and dad married at around my age and had me a year after the wedding. Everything happened so fast yet right for them and that's something I won't probably have anymore but I'd do anything for my parents, "Mom paid the make up artists really good, didn't she?" I jokingly said as I interwined my arms with his.

With my dad on my side, we stood right in front of a gigantic wooden door waiting to open.     

__ 

As soon as the huge wooden door open, murmurs from the guest could be heard as their eyes were settled on me. I was walking down the aisle and my eyes were completely at the floor as the anxiety of crowded places rushed into me. I don't know how to act, what if I make a mistake during the ceremony? That would ruin the image of my family and our company, "Don't be nervous Hara," Dad stated, "Just look at the far end of the aisle, alright?" Without thinking twice, I nodded and did the thing he asked me to do. 

Once I lifted my head up, I saw Eunwoo in his white suit standing straight at the far end of the aisle. He looks different today, doesn't he? Why do I feel relax and calm knowing that at the end of the aisle after I pass through these aisle of people, Eunwoo would be there to hold my hand. Ah. I must have really gone crazy. It must be because I'm nervous about this ceremony, right? yes, that's probably right.

Steps after steps, we have finally reached the end of the aisle and my father passed my hand onto Eunwoo's, "Take care of her, alright?" Those were my father's words before he let go of me. I guess this is finally it. No turning back.     

 

The wedding ceremony then began. The priest were saying stuffs that neither Eunwoo and I really do understand. Unlike our parents I could tell that He and I are somewhat not into religion. Plus, we are just dragged into this anyways. After words followed by words it came down onto the vows. Eunwoo and I decided right before the wedding that I do my vows first. It's funny how we actually rehearsed our vows a few days ago.

Finally the wedding ceremony began. All eyes were on us while we tried our best to look relax and comfortable as much as we can. Unlike our parents, I could tell that he as well is not into religious things as I am wherein we ended up not understanding most of the words or sayings the pastor was telling us. Words after words passes in and out of our ears during the first part of the ceremony. After a long passage of words, it finally came down to the exchange of vows. 

I remember back then, Eunwoo and I first met at this five-star resturant where he and I decided on our vows that we have gotten on the internet. We even rehearsed it a few days ago. I can't believe one week would just pass like that.
  

"I, Min Hara, take you Cha Eun Woo to be my husband and partner in life. I would be right beside you through sickness and in health, for my life time I promise to love and cherish no one else but you and only you. So now, I give you my hand to hold as a start of our very own life time." Since it is an actual wedding for us we then decided to keep it as short as we can. I have been memorizing these short lines for three days straight now to the point where I can confidently say that I can recite it even if I was asleep. 

Thus, Eunwoo's turn came, "I, Cha Eunwoo, take you Min Hara to be my wedded wife. In front of our families and our diety I am here to swore my love for no one but you," I internally gasped and realized, Wait. This is not what we have practiced. What is he saying, did he created a new vow without telling me? "I will cherish and promise to you that I will make you happy when you're sad, I would carry you throughout the hardship and most importantly I promise you a love of a life time. In good days, I will laugh with you and in bad days, I will wipe your tears & make you laugh. I will love you always soon to be Mrs. Cha, only you." 


And thus we exchanged our rings. 

Everyone was speechless I can tell because I, myself was even the priest was. His words deeply moved everyone in the room and once again I felt my heart skipping a beat. I must not be feeling well these days, right? — When the priest snapped out back to reality after being moved by Eunwoo's vow what he said next shocked the both of us, "You may now kiss the bride." 

Holy mother of penguins! How can the both of us be so dumb and not remember that a wedding requires a kiss? Not just a simple kiss on a check but a kiss on the lips to seal your love. I was internally panicking what do I do? But once again, Eunwoo calmed me down. He held my cheeks on his right hand and caressed it. Soon, I didn't realize that I was already drawn into his hazel brown eyes.

Everyone seemed so speechless after Eunwoo's vows for even I was in complete shock. He did changed his vows, I mean why would he, right? Without telling me as well. Anyway, I've got a lot of time to ask him about it after this ceremony and on the other hand, his words seemed to deeply moved everyone in the room. I took a deep breath and cleared my throat as the pastor started his speech once again, "You may now  kiss the bride." 

Holy mother of penguins! Did I heard him right? He,He said the Kiss word, right? How can Eunwoo and I not remember that wedding requires a kiss or maybe it's only me who completely forgot about that. Min Hara just get through with this last requirement and end the day, alright? I said, convincing myself but no matter how I convince myself I feel so unsettled but once again there was Eunwoo to calm me down. One of his hand grabbed mine and squeeze it tightly, "It'll be alright," He mouthed as his other hand held my cheeks and caressed it. I gulped and soon, 

 

Our lips touched. 

 

After his lips touched and brushed against mine, I had the feeling of losing my breath. Butterflies in my stomach started gathering as I slowly close my eyes and give in into his soft cherry lips. I am kissing him back, I am kissing the man I disliked for years, My lips are on Cha Eun Woo's lips. Our kiss lasted for about 20 seconds but it felt like hours, it felt like forever. I was out of breath and my heart was pounding on my chest faster and faster that I can no longer control it. Hara, this is an arranged marriage and you are going to divorce Eunwoo after a few years. Don't do this to yourself. 


I was drown to my own thoughts for a split second and snap out of it when the guests started clapping. They were clapping to rejoice our becoming of one thus, Eunwoo gave me a glance, "It's all finished," He mouthed. Should I really rejoice that it's all finish or this is just the beginning? 


♦ ♦ ♦ 

Ten'oclock. 

I woke up past the usual time I should be waking up and with a really bad headache. I tried massaging my temples as I lazily slipped my feet on my slippers, trying to recall last night's events. I remembered that right after our wedding we proceeded to our reception party together with the guests. It was an endless greetings from unknown people associated with our individual companies. It didn't feel like a wedding reception at all, it felt like a business meeting. The questions were filled with our plans after college and how are we going to handle the companies. People needs to chill, I am trying to enjoy my college years. But trying to be less rude, I decided to answer repeatedly, "Get a masteral," I smiled.

It was a tiring night which ended at around ten in the evening. I quickly threw myself on my bed after the ceremony and if anyone is curious if Eunwoo and I are going to have a honeymoon celebration. Well, of course we won't. My parents respected us for this decision as well for this is something created only out of business but they told us how they hope that Eunwoo and I would fall for each other as time passes by and give them grand children or as they say, future inheritors.   


On the other hand, leaving all the hatred of yesterday, Eunwoo is set for picking me out at around one o'clock in the afternoon for we have a lot to do today, yes the errands just never ends, does it? Today's agenda includes; registering our marriage to make me a official part of the Cha family, in no time it'll be Cha Hara and not Min Hara. I couldn't keep my last name as per request by Eunwoo's father, then go back home and have an early dinner with my family & his and early in the morning we are set to head out back to Seoul to attend our classes and somehow go back to our previous normal lives.

 

"Good afternoon, how have you been?" It was the first question Eunwoo asked the day after our wedding when I was getting myself in inside of his car. I lazily shrugged and gave him a cold glance. He then looked at me with a confused look as he started driving away from our driveway trying to place the questions aside. Silence then filled the car ride and it hasn't completely sink onto me at all that we are already and really married. To be very honest, nothing has changed that much yet in my life but I wonder what will happen when I comeback to Seoul and doing a hardwork by hiding the fact that I married Cha Eun Woo, especially to my friends. 

Drown in my thoughts, I realized that in no time we have finally arrived at the place where we are said to register our marriage. I can't help but to remember how I was madly begging my dad for a whole day to not change my surname to avoid more issues but he won't give me any slack on it. I guess, Ari and Bin would really discover in no time. I just need to tell them before anything happens to avoid problems, right? So here I am standing right next to my husband whom I barely talk with. 


"Hara!" Eunwoo called as he snapped a finger right in front of me bringging me back to my senses, "Yes?" "Mrs. Cha, would you sign here?" The staff said as she pointed her finger on a blank line placed at the bottom part of the documents, "Me?" I asked. pointing to myself. The staff looked at me confusingly, so does Eunwoo and that was when I realized that yes it was me, they were calling out.

And just like that, I am no longer Min Hara, I am officially Cha Hara after I signed those documents.  Goodbye Min Hara, so long. 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

After we registered our marriage, Eunwoo and I decided to grab some snacks. The usual silence that we had before came back. Eunwoo was on his phone the whole time, I'm guessing playing some phone games or probably talking to his girlfriend? I wonder if he has a girlfriend. I mean he is good looking and smart plus he seems like he is having friends now. Maybe he has one? Should I ask him?

"Hey, Eunwoo," I said, catching his attention as he quickly shifted his attention from his phone onto me. I shouldn't ask that right? It's absurb but, "Do you have a girlfriend?" Well, there you have said it Hara. He then gave me a confused look and I added, "I mean if you do have I am just worried about how'd she would react or feel if she knew about this-" 

My words were cut off when he placed his phone down the wooden table and said, "Didn't I vowed to you that I will love no one else but you," I, How can he even say that confidently with his calm voice. Is he joking with me right now or is he trying to test my patience? Right then, I felt my cheeks getting hotter than it usually is and I grabbed my cup of iced coffee, stood up and, "Whatever. Let's go, the parents must've been waiting for a long time." 

"Plus if I did have someone in mind. I'll tell you," I stopped my steps and nodded. Why did I feel a little pinch on my chest when he said that? 

__

 We then sat right in front of them and the dinner began. It was pretty much about business again and I was getting bored so I took a glance at Eunwoo. I love how he is not getting bored at these business topics but I guess he needs to be aware since he'll be handling their company right after graduation?

Right after the awkward conversation, we drove back to our home with complete silence. Once we arrived, we parked his car at the usual spot we have alloted at in the park space. The maids then informed us that the whole family were at the garden waiting for no one else but us. Stepping out of the door onto the backyard, their smiles greeted us and it somehow disgusts me as the unfair feeling came rushing back to me. 

I took a deep breath to shrug off my thoughts.

"The kids are finally here!" Eunwoo's father stated, "Congratulations once again on your wedding."

We bowed as a sign of respect as we took of our clothes that were then carried by the house maids. We sat right in front of our parents and placed the table cloth on our laps, "So, shall we start our first family dinner?" My mom stated. My dad and Eunwoo's dad laughed. On the other hand, Eunwoo and I left out an awkward laugh trying to get along with both of our parents. 

"Oh right, I forgot," My mom started, "The three of us decided to give you guys a newly-wed gift," A gift? Didn't we already receive a lot last night.    

 

Eunwoo and I placed our utensils back down the wooden table with confused looks on both of our faces. We waited for the said gift as my mom called Mr.Han to hand it onto her palm. Once he had given the small box, my mom opened the box and reached out a seemingly metal thing onto us, "What is this?" I asked, "What do you think?" She giggled, "It's a keycard to your new apartment in Gangnam." 

"Oh, you'll be moving to the city?" I questioned, My mom looked at me with a confused look, "Don't be silly sweetie. The apartment is your newly wed's apartment," She stated. 

 

"WHAT?!" Ah. It slipped out of my mouth. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Happy 70 subs! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, 
please tell me your thoughts aaa. I would love to 
read it guys. 

PROOFREAD