S i x

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

Six


The weekends had been very hectic. Friday and Saturday mostly but because of the said situation I wasn't able to enjoy my last day of vacation and I came back from Incheon last Sunday night. All I did was sleep throughout the travel. The usual ride I have with Mr. Han is filled with nothing but my endless stories whether it make sense or not but that last ride, it was different. It was off. I noticed how I became very quiet for the whole ride and I am indeed aware as to why, Mr. Han is probably aware to so he made sure he gave me enough space. 

It's just that I have a lot on my plate right now. The thoughts, questions kept running on my mind for the past nights. Tell me, how can someone even think straight right after being ambushed by a marriage announcement when you were just there to enjoy the weekend and to add on that you are to be married to someone you sworn to be your enemy. To make all things worst, you are about to get married by Saturday which is a few days from now. It's just insane... Completely insane.  

You can't just simply push it down your mind and let it all process all at once. 


"Hey, Min Hara," Ari, who was snapping her fingers right before my eyes questioned. Was I zoning out again? Pretty sure I was,  "Are you okay? You've been so quiet and zoned out ever since you got home from Incheon. Did anything happen?" Ari asked with her eyes filled with nothing but worry.

Well. Your friend right here is about to get married to Cha Eun Woo and I couldn't even invite you guys to my wedding when it's something I look forward to to do in the future. I shook my head, "Nothing really. Maybe I'm just feeling under the weather and that is making me feel this way," I lied. 

Ari nodded yet gave me an I-don't-believe-what-you-are-saying-right-now kind of look. I mean who would believe such reason right? But I am too occupied to even think about an excuse or anything right now. I have things I need to focus on. 

"Oh, by the way Moon Bin invited us for a barbeque party over his house after class. You'll be going right?" And here goes the first obstacle I need to get pass through right after I decided to keep everything a secret from my good friends. Sighs. I bite my lower lip and began giving Ari some hints that I won't be able to," Don't tell me you wouldn't be going?" 

Think of a good excuse Min Hara! I thought, slapping myself imaginarily,  "Oh right! I remember, I have an organization meeting right after class, I'm sorry," She hummed and,  "If that's the case then I think you can just follow us at the barbeque party afterwards?" She suggested giving me a smile, "We have a long night after all."

"I guess, I'll try..." I'm sorry for keeping your hopes up guys.  

♦ ♦ ♦

Our first lecture for today starts at around ten o'clock in the morning but what we often is allot sometime to grab some coffee at the nearby cafe which is usually an hour before the class. During the said hour, we catch up or work on some of our group outputs that is to be passed on to the subjects we have in the same week but if we have a less hectic schedule, we just simply hangout and laugh at stuffs we see on the internet. 

"Hara!" The very familiar voice of Moon Bin echoed as Ari and I entered the room, "How was your visit in Incheon?" Can this man let me take a seat for a few seconds and not remind be about it at all? "How is uncle and auntie?" he asked, questions after questions.

Flashing a small smile on my lips even if I wasn't happy about it at all, I acted as one for his assurance, "It's pretty much the same. They told me to bring you guys along with me on my next visit," I noted. Big smiles then filled their faces, seemingly excited about the possible next trip back in Incheon together with them, "My parents asked how you are doing Bin," I added.

Bin and I have been really close friends since middle school but we have met each other since we were five. Even though we weren't that close as much as we are now, my parents are still excited when Bin comes over as much as Bin's parents are with me. Although, even if we are welcomed to each other's home, the unfinished cold war between my parents and his parents remained unsolved. We used to hope for their reconciliation but as we grew older, we just went with how things work and how businesses can somehow affect friendships.

For the rest of the morning before our professor enters the room, we pretty much talked about random stuffs especially about last week's organization meeting. Together with this, we realize how we learn new things about people everyday when we discovered that Ari is a known webtoon artist where she showed her works with us. She said asks us for a favor to keep this a secret where we obviously agreed to. I have been a fan of webtoons ever since and having a friend who is a creator seems pretty shocking and amazing for me. I mean, how many more talents does Ari hide? I jokingly thought.

"I remember," Bin started, "Did Ari told you about tonight's barbeque party?" He asked as we make our way onto the cafeteria to grab some snacks during our break time. I gulped and took a deep breath, "Yes, yes. She did," I replied. 

I'm honestly feeling down because of it for the fact that it would be our first barbeque party together as three but here I am lying and making excuses to my friends as well as trying to keep their hopes up just to avoid the questioning. I know, I know for a fact that this seems so selfish. No, it doesn't seem one, it really is selfish, "I can't wait!" He blurted out with excitement. 

"My parents sent me some quality barbeque meat from their travels," For the whole walk onto the cafeteria, Bin was just there telling how excited he was about tonight's party which made me more guilty about the said situation. After a few minutes of him just talking, we arrived at the cafeteria that looks pretty packed today. Maybe it's because Tuesday is the best day of the week for the school cafeteria for their meal choice for this day is incredible and would really push you to spend more of your money. 

After awhile of roaming around the school cafeteria to find an empty table that can fit the three of us, I decided to look out for the table and that they could order their food. I mean, I don't even have the appetite to look at today's menu, "We'll be back Hara," Ari said as I nodded. 

Waiting all alone, my eyes ended up roaming around the cafeteria. Not to be rude but I might have been staring at someone else's businesses for quite some time and they might have found me creepy. I saw a lot of couple being so sweet and professing their love to the public when it hit me. I was also looking forward for a good romance this college years. Going on coffee shop dates after class, going on an amusement park with both of our friends or even exchange gifts for Christmas. I sighed, I guess I wouldn't be able to experience that after all for by Saturday I would be a married woman at the age of twenty.

While my eyes kept looking around, my eyes unfortunately landed to someone who seems unfamiliar yet very familiar to me. Out of all the people in this crowded place, my eyes landed at Eunwoo.

Back in high school he was always alone. Not because people dislike or hate him like I do, it is more of him pushing away those people. Once the bell rang as a sign for our break time, he'll silently stand up and make his way to the cafeteria buying his food and eating them alone at a bench somewhere around the school grounds. Watching him for the second floor of the campus, it honestly made me feel bad for him even if I despise him but he is always someone unapproachable for me back then. Probably even until now. 

But looking at him right now, he smiles more often and he is even with some friends. He is with one guy and three guys who sadly looks like they are only interested to him because of his looks. I mean, Eunwoo is pretty much the perfect guy anyone would love to date. He is tall, fair skin, handsome and well structured face and most of all, a very smart man. It is in doubt that girls would circle around him to try and get his contact number or even social media accounts.

Realizing how long I have been staring at him, our eyes met his. I started to feel unsettled, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and tried to open what ever app I can open and get myself distracted to. But thankfully Ari and Bin just arrived in time, "Sorry if it took us a while," she said, apologizing. No, you don't understand. You just arrived right on time! "It's your turn to get some food Hara," Bin ordered. 

"I'm good," I shook my head as a sign of disagreement with his order, "Plus, just watching you guys eat makes me full already," The both of them choked for a little bit and Bin said, "Please don't say things like that. Alright?" The three of us laughed at it but then Bin looked at me worriedly, "Are you sure that you are feeling well? I can grab your food if you want to," He offered. I quickly refused and reassured them that I am doing all good even if I wasn't really.

I took a deep breath and once again my eyes locked with Eunwoo's but this time it was him who was staring the first time. I cleared my throat and started a small conversation with both Ari and Bin.  

♦ ♦ ♦ 

 The class ended earlier than we expected. I then watched Ari and Bin hurriedly fixed their things to prepare for tonight's barbeque party. Having the knowledge of my Threatre Club meeting, they stared at me confusingly as to why I wasn't preparing my stuffs so that we can seperate our ways. It then snapped me out back into reality and once again let out a little white lie, "That's right! I should go and fix my things as well," I stated. 

After packing my things, the three of us seperated ways. I made my way to the threatre building back to the school grounds right after Bin's driver went to pick the both of them. Not knowing when will Eunwoo's class exactly end, I decided to get my phone and leave him a short text message at kakaotalk in hopes that he hasn't change his number since the last time we exchanged informations.

"I'm right in front of the Psychology Building." I didn't want to look like I'm in a rush so I tried to text him a simple message stating my location. Right after I sent the message I kept my phone back onto my bag and started to feel the hunger I have been ignoring for the whole day. Stamping my black shoes on the ground, I waited for Eunwoo but I didn't able to hear from him, not even a text back from my last message. 

Is he for real? He could've at least seen it or send me an emoji or an "ok" message. How many seconds would it take him? Probably less than thirty seconds, right?  I sighed in disbelief when suddenly a black hyundai stopped right in front of where I was seated at. I looked at it with a confused look when the window slides down, "Hop in," It was Eunwoo and he is seated at the driver's seat, "Took you a while," I commented.  

I nodded and open the door but found a paper bag sitting on the passenger seat, "Should I go seat at the back instead?" 

"But we're going to a food tasting anyways," I reasoned out, "Incheon is still a few hours away and I thought you might be hungry. If you don't want it you can leave it there-" "Since you are being nice I'll eat it," I said and a small smile formed on his lips, "But is it alright for me to eat at your car?"

He chuckled at my statement and I gave him a confused look, "It is for you," Did I heard it right? He said it was for me? I then got curious and carried the paper bag on my lap as I took a seat at his car comfortably. Once he have started the car, I opened the paper bag and saw it being filled with my favorite chocolate buscuits, binch. How does he know that I like this snack? I wondered, "I saw you at the cafeteria awhile ago," I knew it. He was staring at me as well, "You didn't eat anything," He added. 

"But we are going to a food tasting anyway," I reasoned out, "Incheon is a few hours away and I thought you might be so hungry before we arrive. If you don't want it, you can leave it there-" "Since you are being generous and nice, I'll go ahead and eat it," I said and I swear, I saw a small smile formed on his lips, "But is it alright for me to eat inside your car?" 

Eunwoo nodded in an instant while his eyes were focused on the road, "Don't worry about it. I can get my car clean anytime, its better than to get a stomach ulcer or so, right?" Is this really the Cha Eun Woo we all know. The cold, timid and loner kid back then seems to be very soft, caring and approachable. I refused to believe that nothing happened last summer vacation. He is just a completely different person right now or is he doing this because of our parents. Yes, that's probably it.  

Once I opened one pack of the biscuits, I decided to start a small conversation with him. After all, I don't know much about him, "I didn't know you already got your license," I stated, "I just got it last month," He simply answered. He still sounds like the same Eunwoo. I must have been imagining things. And that start of the conversation is also where our conversation ended for the whole ride. Too much for my aspired goal of not making it a quiet and an awkward situation, right? Having no choice, I ended up sleeping for the rest of the ride after I finished filling myself up.  

 __

After a few hours of the ride which by the way felt like forever, Eunwoo woke me up by nudging my body with his hands and decided to open the door for me as I get myself back at reality. That's when I realized that we have finally arrived at the place that is in charge and would be catering our food for the wedding. Taking my first step out of the car, my crippling anxiety about this wedding and wedding preparations came back. It is for real, I am getting married to Eunwoo in a few days down the calendar.

The place is a one floor building painted in cream-white kind of color and had a medieval style. As soon as we entered the place you can feel how cozy and relaxing it was. There was a lavander scent everywhere in the hallways. We were then lead to a private room with a circle table. Honestly, Eunwoo did almost all of the talking for the both of us and once we were in the room, we took off both of our coats and sat right next to each other. Then the person in charged oriented us by presenting slides about their company and showed us photos of the said foods we have as our choices thus it is placed at a table mat in front of us.

I told myself that I would try to participate more in the wedding planning but honestly, I'm not really in the mood to do stuffs plus the fact that the thought of lying to Ari and Bin is still at the back of my mind. Anyway, they first presented the main dish which I am not that very interested with since I am a sweet-tooth type of person and therefore, I let Eun Woo decide what we'll have for our main dish. He nodded and I watched him take this food tasting seriously. 

He takes a good look at the food presentation, gives it a smell as his nose scrunches and gave it a genuine time of tasting. He slowly nodded after ever dish he finds delicious and has a cultivating taste that would probably get the approval of our chosen guests. While Eunwoo was busy with the food tasting, I found my phone vibrating for multiple times now and decided to give it a peek that is when I realized that I have received an enormous amount of messages in my kakaotalk.

A heavy sigh left my lips, "You can go outside and inform your friends about your whereabouts," He noticed? How does he keep reading my mind and my moods? Does it really show that much? "I'm pretty sure they are worried about you," He added. I nodded and gave him a bow to excuse myself.  

Carrying my coat, I stepped out of the heated room and instantly dialed Bin's phone number. It took a few minutes for our lines to get connected but once it did, "Where are you Min Hara?! The barbeques are getting cold," He angrily scolded me as he usually do when I get late at meetings or forget about it completely. I sighed and bit my bottom lip, "I'm sorry Bin, I won't be able to make it today. We have a lot of stuff to do at the Theatre Club," I lied once again. 

On the other line, I can hear Bin's disappointed sigh and Ari trying to calm him down. No matter how much Ari tried, Bin kept on scolding me from the other line and the phone call went on forever, "Thank you Mr.Cha," Once I heard those words, I also heard the foot steps and Eunwoo leaving the room. Did he finish the food tasting on his own? I told him I'll take part at the desserts but I guess it'll make us leave this place earlier, "We are happy that you've chosen our service for your wedding," the person in charge said, "It's really refreshing to see young couple who are the ones planning their wedding," she smiled. 

We don't have any choice after all, "Bin, the club president has been calling for my attention now. I've got to go. I'll call you back later, alright?"

After finishing the final food tasting at around nine in the evening which is kind of late, I noticed Eunwoo yawning for quite some time now and realized how he must have been tired for driving long hours of drive, "Do you want to stay at our house for tonight?" I blurted out without even processing my thoughts. He looked at me with a shocked look painted all over his face, clearing my throat I said, "I mean driving back to Seoul would take hours and our house is quite near at this place, you know," I reasoned out.

Eunwoo and his family live at a city near Incheon. Although he can drive back home, I am worried about him and the possibility of an accident if I let him drive alone late at night, "If you don't want to, I'll just call Mr.Han to pick me up," What if he really rejected the offer? I mean if so, I'll just wish for his safety. 

A laugh then echoed in the silent parking space of the place, it was Eunwoo. I was not hallucinating, Cha Eun Woo just laughed didn't he? It was the first time I heard him laugh after years of being in the same class as him, "I would gladly accept your offer," He smiled. I coughed and cleared my throat, "N-No need to be formal," I stated, "Now hurry up and start the car," I said trying to avoid more conversation about this.

Why do I feel a heavy pounding on my chest?        

♦ ♦ ♦ 

On our way home, I decided to give my mom a call about this whole arrangement where Eunwoo would be stayin for the night. My mom is very strict in terms of bringing people at home even with Moon Bin. We can hangout for the whole day but Bin needs to go home by seven in the evening where at first Bin and I thought that this will pass soon but it didn't, it became a routine. Now, I wonder how would she react about the current situation. 

"Are you serious?!" She started. How am I suppose to tell Eun Woo about this or how am I gonna sneak him in- "I'd be delighted to have him over the night!" Expect the unexpected they said. My mom continued speak on the phone with her voice filled with excitement and it honestly left me no words to say, "Are you near our place?" she asked and I hummed a yes. In there, we ended our phone conversation.

Thirty minutes past nine o'clock, we have arrived at our home. The guards opened up the gate, making way for his car and we parked at our parking space before heading together at our front door. As we got closer to the front door, I saw my mom patiently waiting for us to arrive. She was never like this to me. Once we've enter the house, my mom endlessly assisted Eun Woo as if she saw her favorite hollywood actor. As we walk towards the Dining room, she continously ask him question over question. 

But why do I feel quite happy that Eun Woo is getting along well with my mom? Wait. Did I just say that I was happy about it? You must be out of your mind Min Hara. Patting my cheeks endlessly, I tried to bring myself back into my senses. Come on, it is Eun Woo that we are talking about. 

"I can't believe I am able to meet you before the wedding day," She stated as the house maids prepare the dinner table for us, "It's nice to meet you Mrs.Min," He bowed as he then placed the white table cloth on his lap. My mom was smiling throughout the dinner and seems to be mesmerized about Eun Woo. Thus, the dinner ended up as a long discussion between my mom and Eun Woo as I enjoy my first actual meal for the day.   

Right after dinner, Mr.Han assisted him to the guest bedroom which is located on the other side of the hallway far from my bedroom. Due to the stress I continously intake today, I decided to have a long bath to ease some of it. After taking a long bath, I realized that my phone is completely out of battery and decided to charge it. While it was plugged in, I decided to open my phone and was greeted by Bin's endless messages of being betrayed and even a video of him being angry. 

Chuckling at his video and messages, I threw myself at my comfortable bed and decided to deal with it once I am back at Seoul. But after rolling and rolling around it, I can't get the sleep I should be getting and that was when I decided to go out for some fresh air.

"What are you doing here?" To my surprise, I saw Eun Woo seated at the bench while staring at the starry sky, "Maybe the same reason as you?" He shrugged acting all clueless.

I rolled my eyes and decided to sit beside him. For a few minutes nothing surrounded us but pure silence and we've both stared at the number of stars at the sky tonight, "Hey, can I ask you something?" I said, breaking off the silence, "You already did," He replied. I hissed and proceeded with my question anyway, "Are you really sure about marrying me? About this whole marriage thing?"     

He didn't answer for a few minutes and when he did, "Just like you, I pretty much have no choice about my father's decision," He started, "It's for the betterment of our family's business after all," He was right and with his statement I ended up heavily sighing, "You don't want to get married to me, Do you?" That question took me a back. I know that I hate this idea but I don't want to offend him. It's not like I hate him so much, right? I just hate being number two. Yes, maybe that's it.   

"Not really. It's more of I want to fall in love on my own, naturally. Go on a date with someone you really love and picked," I reasoned out, "And I want the same thing for you. Isn't it nice if we get married to the person we love and choose?" 

For awhile Eunwoo didn't answer back and I thought he was offended making me not know what to do next but then, "I agree with falling in love on your own," he stated, "Right?" I chuckled.

"Not really. It's just that I want to fall in love on my own, naturally. Go on a date with someone and get to know them everyday," I reasoned out, "And I want the same for you. Wouldn't it be nice if we get married to the person we truly love?" 

Eun Woo paused for awhile before giving me an answer, "I do agree in falling in love naturally," He stated, "Right?" I chuckled. "Being in an arranged marriage planned by mostly our parents might seemed forced but," He paused. But? What does he mean by that? 

"But the possibility of us falling in love naturally with one another through this is still there, right?" He stated. Did I heard him right? Or I am too tired to process anything right now that I am hearing things, "W-What do you mean?" I stuttered as my eyes landed on him. 

He looked at me in the eyes in return and said, "I do believe that we can naturally fall for each other as the time passes by," He explained, "But if we ended up not then we can get a divorce once our businesses are settled."

Is this a confession that he really wants to try out if this relationship would work? 

What did I get myself into.


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

The last time I updated this fanfiction was last July 2019. 
I have been really busy with college and other personal stuffs but 
since there is a COVID-19 Pandemic happning right now it gave me 
a lot of spare time for me to give attention to my stories. 

So I am officially back and planning on finishing this as soon as I can. 
I hope everyone out there is safe and please wash your hands & stay at home! 

XOXO

PROOFREAD