T h r e e

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

T h r e e 


 

It has probably been a month or two since I officially entered the university of my dream, Seoul International school. Back in high school I thought universities would be a big hassle especially the fact that you need to deal with more people and mostly people you won't be able to see every semester. Yet, being in a university at the very moment I realized that it isn't much of a hassle as what I thought it would be like. 

Or maybe I'm just a freshman that's why I say stuffs like these.

Anyway, during the past month or months that have passed, I really haven't keeping track of time , Ari and I became closer each day. Her parents agreed with renting the vacant room at my place and the following day, she quickly moved in with me. Why does it sould like we're a newly wedded couple? Since then we usually hangout after class and watch movies at the living room. Sometimes Moon Bin would drop by to join us and make the atmosphere more lively for he is someone that is good at lifting the mood. In that span of time, I also got to know Ari more and I never felt so happy in my life that I finally have a girl friend I can talk my thoughts out. 

"What club are you joining in?" Speaking of the devil. Ari questioned as she brought me back to reality. 

I turned around as I was cleaning the dishes and said, "The theatre club." 

"Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that last night," she said, caressing her head with a confused look, "I should really work on my memory."

To complete my full university life, I remember my mom telling me stories back in her college years where she actively participated at three different clubs. Ever since, I wonder what kind of organization or club I would fit in. I might be a loser at finding new friends but I have a little interest at performing in front of people. Back in middle school and elementary I would actively participate at the school's theatre club even if I'm not the main character. I enjoy being a tree sometimes. 

Therefore, I decided to continue my interest in theatre this college. School Organization's registration started last month and I remembered signing up last two weeks ago or so?  And last night, I got an email of acceptance at the said organization which I instantly told my parents, Bin and Ari about. I just couldn't contain my excitement. My mom even gave me a few tips and reminders. 

"I wonder what school club did Moon Bin joined," she mumbled under her breath.

"I think he joined the Sports club. Moon Bin has been into sports ever since," I answered and she nodded slowly after a long pause, "oh." 

Since Ari joined our small circle of friends that includes Bin and Me, I found myself spending more time with Ari especially with the fact that we live in the same apartment. But don't tell Bin how I felt about this, he might run to a corner and weep himself out thinking that I replaced him. Honestly, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps and I can't help myself but to laugh at the thought having Ari staring at me with a confused look.

After a few more minutes of late night talks Ari bid her goodbye as we go to our seperate rooms, "I'll be going to sleep now," she stated as I realized that it is already past ten, "Go ahead. Good night," I replied as I gathered our plates and washed the dishes for tonight before going to bed. 

♦ ♦ ♦

Wednesday has come and I woke up earlier than the usual. It is probably because of the excitement I'm feeling regarding about today's organization meeting. It is from ten'oclock in the morning until three in the afternoon. 

"Wow. Did something happened? You woke up earlier than me," Ari chuckled as she softly rubbed her left eye and yawn. 

Ari usually wakes up earlier than me, I must say she is a morning person and I'm not, "This is a new hobby of mine," I joked, "Anyways, I cooked our breakfast so have a seat." 


For breakfast we had hotdogs and oatmeals. We talked about our shared excitement on today's organization meeting and soon prepared ourselves for school. 

Wednesday. 

Even sleeping past ten, Ari and I were able to get up around seven in the morning, few hours before our first lecture. As I was preparing today's breakfast, the thought of today's organization meeting passes through my mind which made me more excited about today. I then hummed my favorite Ariana Grande song, focus on me as I cook the five pieces of sausage on the pan. 

"Good morning," It was Ari. Usually it is Ari who prepares breakfast and wakes up early at around six in the morning but I guess she hasn't been tired doing endless job commissions yesterday morning which made her overslept, "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I made you cook breakfast." 

I shooked my head, "No need to be sorry. You always do it for me, I should do it for you at times. We should take turns," I reassured and the concern look remained on her face." 

"Are you sure?" She asked as I nodded, "Alright. I'll be taking a shower first then." As Ari made her way to our shared bathroom, I finished cooking and preparing our breakfast since we'll both be having a long day ahead. 

♦♦♦

Our two lectures for today started at the exact time they were assigned too which is unusual since our theories of personality professor is often late. The second lecture started at around ten and supposedly ends before lunch but it happens to be that we were assigned to finish a group research and report our few written chapters to the professor before we could leave the class which worried the three of us for we happened to be the second to the last group to present. 

How unlucky can someone be? 

"We're reporting next. I can't wait to attend the organization meeting," said Ari. 

Extending his arms after taking a nap for a few minutes, Bin said, "Finally. I can't wait to leave this class." He yawned. 

"More likely you can't wait to sleep at the organization meeting," I teasingly said and he gave me a pissed off look, "What-" 

"Next group please!" The professor called. The three of us stood in unison. 

 

♦♦♦

The reporting took us about fifteen minutes, just the exact time for the three of us to seperate ways and attend the three different organizations we signed up to. 
Holding my phone, I was carefully looking at the campus map finding my way at the theatre club. Ever since I haven't been really good with directions and I often get lost. Now, that I am studying at a big campus with different buildings per department it'll be really hard on me to go to the unfamiliar places and ask strangers for directions. 

 

"Oh, here it is," Once I found the theatre building, I fixed the straps of my back up and made my step inside the place covered the carpeted floors. I looked around and that was when I realized that a lot of people are indeed interested in acting or theatre for there's quite a number of people inside the hall. Finding an empty place to sit in, I roamed around for a few minutes before finding one I am good with. I placed my bag at the empty seat beside me and fixed my hair messed up by the wind. 

"Excuse me," A voice, a soft one caught my attention, "Is this seat taken-" but before the man could finish his sentence, I gasped and shouted his name. Loud enough to catch other's attention, "Eunwoo?!" 

After a few seconds I realized how loud I was and some of the eyes were on me. I bowed slightly as I watch them proceed back to what they were doing, "What are you doing here?" I questioned in confusion. 

He sat beside me as if I wasn't existing like how he used to when we first met, "To join the theatre club, of course," he stated. No other words were spoken out by him right after.

I let out a deep sigh and took a deep breath after, "You need to focus on yourself Min Hara. Don't mind Eunwoo as you did before and how he usually do, alright? Just act like strangers," I told myself, trying to prove that I need to let go of the given situation and focus on the organization meeting. If I let Cha Eun Woo on my nerves, I lose. 

 

After waiting for a few minutes, the meeting then started. The lights in the hall deemed and the lights were focused on the stage as we took our first glance at the leaders of the said organization. The meeting started with basic things such as introduction of the current organization's officers which consists of third and fourth year college students. Next, they discussed the house rules of the organization. 

They have given us clear five rules that we need to follow in order for the organization to be a success and to avoid real life drama. 

First, to be an active member as much as we could.
Second, a total of three absences without valid reason will result to termination. 
Third, one should not have a grade lower than 2.5 
Fourth, Everyone should be friends with one another 
And Lastly, avoid dating your co-organization members. 

Personally, I think the rules given by the organization is quite easy. It just depends on how you prioritize stuffs such as your school grades. Although I might have a little problem with rule number four given the fact that an individual I hate the most is seated right next to me as these rules are discussed. On the other hand, a lot of people reacted at the last rule where it said to avoid dating your co-members. I guess it make sense since this is a professional type of activity or job and it include scripts that tackles about love. 

Cutting the silence, the club officer whom I don't remember what position was in started talking, "So for the first activity we're going to group you according to the rows you are seated at," Rows... you mean Eun Woo and I would be in the same group? Honestly. This day has been giving me good luck and bad luck at the same time. Can you just pick one side? 

A chuckle on my left echoed on my ear, catching my attention, "I guess we'll be in the same group," He stated with no emotions at all as he stood up to join our gathered groupmates.

Did he just read my thoughts and tried to mess with me? He did, didn't he?

 

After gathering all the said members, we then sat in a circle on the carpeted floor of the hall as we listen to the given instruction of the game called picture-perfect game. In the game we'll basically listen to the given scenarios by the offcers and we'll be acting it out like a photo and stay in our place for around thirty second to gather points. The group with the best photo interpretation will get the point. Sounds like an easy game to me.

But seeing Eunwoo's image right in front of me makes me think that this might be a difficult game after all. 

 

"The game will start in ten seconds." 

 

The instructors for the game will be giving us five different five rounds and so far at the third round we have been gathering points with our unexpected team work.  For the past rounds we have gathered and secured the two points but for the last round, it would be equivalent to five points so we need to do our best so we can win this small activity. I'm glad I was grouped with people who are competitive as I am. 

"The last round is a wedding and you have thirty seconds. Thirty second starts now."

We gathered closer to each other to distribute our ideas for thirty seconds and you wouldn't believe what the team have decided. I mean, what could possibly be worst than being in the same group as Eun Woo right? Well it is being his partner for this wedding picture-perfect game round. 

"You! What is your name?" A man pointed at me and I stated my name, "It's Hara," He nodded and grabbed Eunwoo right beside me, "This man would be the groom and you'll be the bride. Alright?" 

My eyes widen and my body went stiff, "What I-" But before I could voice out my opinion they were standing on their own places and the timer stopped. I got no choice but to accept this fate and go with the flow. Why do I keep bumping onto Eunwoo. No, I mean why does he keep bumping onto my life? Setting my thoughts aside the officers finally announced the winner. 

"The winner is Team three," Wait, We heard it right, didn't we?! That is our team indeed! I thought it was plainly a game but we received a prize which is a free banana split ice cream from the school's cafeteria. That is not much but who doesn't like ice cream, right? An ice cream a day makes someone's day better. 

Right after the game, the officers left more instructions about how the theatre club works and the schedules that we need to take note. But rather than that the organization meeting ended up more of getting to know each other and I must say, I did well by making few acquintances during the orientation. Although today was tiring, I am happy and contented on how the meeting turned out. 

♦ ♦ ♦

Bin, Ari and I decided to meet each other at our usual hangout place after the organization meeting. We set the meet up at the Green Cafe right in front of the university where they make the best Matcha Drinks. I am not an avid Matcha fan but they indeed changed my mind. Thankful at Bin for introducing us here through a resturant review app. 

"She is here," I heard Ari's voice even from a far for the cafe is pretty much empty at this hour. I waved a greeting at them as I make my way on the table they were seated at. With a deep sigh, I sat in front of Ari and started my little rant about how today went, "You wouldn't believe what happened," I started. Man, they better be ready with this hot tea about to be served. 

Ari and Moon Bin cleared their throat as they move their ears closer to me, ready to listen to my story any time soon as they usually do. 

"Eun Woo is a member of the Theatre Organization," I said, I didn't stutter and I just let it out, waiting for their reactions. "What? You mean the guy you hated since middle school?" Ari exclaimed in disbelief. 

Moon Bin raised a brow looking very confused, "But how would a guy like him be interested in a theatre club?" Yes! They were the same thoughts that were running through my head as soon as I saw the sight of him asking for the vacant chair right beside me. Because why would he? Right? 

"But guess what," I started leaving a little space for suspense, "That ain't the worst part yet," I continued. They gulped in unison waiting for my words and then I said, "we were in the same team for a game and we were tasked to be the groom and the bride for a picture perfect game which I found very absurbed." 

I know it might seems like I am exaggerating such little things but they honestly felt the same way, "What?!" they gasped in awe at the same time. The way they reacted gave it all for they know how much I hated this man. Well, I can't really say I literally do hate him on such a deep level since I don't really hate him I just probably dislike the fact that he makes me literally number two easily in everything making me question my hard work during those times. 

Yes, I am that competitive. 

 

Come to think of it. Back in middle school and high school I only saw him chuckle or show any expression of happiness once and that was the time wherein I would take a little peek at his nicely written notes and quickly shift my head back to reading my own book and notes but I always ended up reading it upside down. 

That is probably one of the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to me and it might haunt me forever. Anyway, the point is, it seems like he chuckles and smile a lot more often now than he did before maybe something good happened last summer? Why do I even bother wondering about his life anyway? 


Author's Note        

Third chapter is up! What would Hana do? She'll be 
with Eun Woo for the rest of her theatre club life. 
Tell me what you think through the comment section 
>< Thank you for reading! Xoxo. 

PROOFREAD