T E N

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

TEN


Time do pass by so quickly. It has almost been a week since I've discovered about the arranged marriage my parents were planning for a very long time thus I got married the week after to whom I thought was a complete stranger but it ended up someone who I am familiar yet unfamiliar with. It was Eunwoo, Cha Eunwoo. He used to be someone I despise back in middle school and high school for I was just too competitive academically and wasn't able to take it professionally. I see him as my biggest rival and promise myself that I'll never cross my path with him again but here we are.

I am now a member of the 'Cha' family.

Finally a rest day! Today is friday and with the given free time that we have Ari and I had a last minute decision to hangout at a nearby mall. Bin, on the other hand, is unfortunately not available due to the recruitment of sports club and assessment of who gets to have an official spot in different fields of sport. He also stated that he would love to try out for either Basketball or Soccer. Being the supportive friends Ari and I, we sent an early morning message to show our support and say our goodlucks onto him.  

 "I'll be out in a sec!" I shouted as Ari knocked on my bedroom door as a signal for us to leave. I'm glad I'll be able to hangout with Ari outside of the campus and our home. She was usually busy with commissions for she needs to make a living, she didn't want to bother her parents for extra money and honestly, I adore her so much for that. She is very independent. 

As I opened the door I commented, "woah" when I saw Ari in a summer floral dress and a hand bag. It's my first time seeing her dress up like this. Meanwhile, I just wore some boring ripped jeans and a plain beige shirt, "You look so pretty today Ari," I complimented. 

She gave me a huge smile and said, "It's our first time going out together so I wanted to take good photos with you," her voice was soft and shy. 


 

Ari is the first closest girl friend I have. I have always been a little boyish since middle school and would only hangout with boys for they are the only ones who has the same humor and interests as me. It was usually Moon Bin who I am with. It doesn't mean that I didn't have any girl friends back then it's just that we didn't have the close attachment unlike I did with Ari. 

You can get to the mall from walking or taking the bus but since today's weather is great we decided to walk our way towards the mall and take some pictures along the way. — After taking an enormous amount of photos together we finally reached the mall and decided to do some window shoppings which later on turned into an actual shopping. 


"Do you think I should get it?" A brown boots with some black linings were fitted into her feet as Ari asked continously checking if it was a nice pair. I nodded, "You should. It's totally your style and it looks pretty on you." A smile grew on her face making it a signal that she would be buying the said pair of boots. 

This might seem boring for some but I'm honestly excited and filled with joy at the moment. It is my first time going shopping with a woman who is not just my mom or Ms.Lee. Back in high school I usually shop with Moonbin but he doesn't really help much in shopping. He'll just tell me, "If you like it then but it. Everything looks good on you," Yes a statement of mixed message. Was it a compliment or should I be offended? No one knows. 

 

After awhile of shopping for clothings,art materials and books we then decided to catch some movie. Ari and I were both pokemon fans so we decided to give Detective Pikachu a try. 

Maybe I was too happy that a smile grew on my face unknowingly, "You seem so happy Hara," she mentioned and that snapped me back to reality. I shook my head and explained, "I am just happy to have a girl best friend like you Ari. I get to try new things that I used to envy with other classmates before." 

Her expression in her face quickly changed from a smile to a seemingly pout? "Did I say something wrong?" I panicked but she hummed a no, "That's just too sweet. I'm happy to be your friend as well!" soon her weight was on me as she gave me a warm nice hug. I caressed her back and, "ssh. We'll be late for the movie!" I said with a little bit of giggle. 


♦ ♦ ♦ 

"That was great! The CGI was amazing!" I commented as I stretch my back and throw the empty bucket of popcorn on the recycle bin. We went to the restroom to get our things done like retouching our makeup and washing our hands. Right after that we stood outside of the restroom for a good thirty seconds thinking of what we should do next and we agreed to have our early dinner at Jihwaja. The resturant was on the building B of the mall so we pretty much needed to walk for a few minutes to get there. 

Once we got there we were asked to wait for the next available table. The place is a popular hangouts with families and formal dining so I get why they are packed at this hour. I took out my phone to check whether I got some texts from a friend and family. A notification from my kakaotalk then popped up. It was Moonbin. 


Try outs is finally done! I think I did well. Results will be out on Wednesday. 

How was your date with Ari? 


I smiled at my phone as I type back a reply to Moonbin. At the same time Ari gave me a Who was that type of look probably because she noticed how I smiled right in front of the phone, "Moonbin," I mouthed, "He said he did well at the tryouts." 

"Really?!" She said as her joyful voice echoed between the both of us. Soon after the waitress called for our number and we were seated in a table for two near the windows with the view of a small garden in the middle of the mall. 

 

"How did you find out about this place?" Ari asked me as she wiped her lips with tissue, "My mom and I often eat here back in Incheon. There's not so much of a difference though," I answered. Ari and I ended up ordering desserts after our main course meal. Together with this we got to know each other more than we did before. 


After taking my last bite and drinking some water to push down the food I just swallowed I suddenly felt the urge to visit the restroom, "I need to go to the restroom, I'll be right back, "Ari nodded and gave me an 'okay' sign before I go. As I got to the restroom I finished my business and noticed that the lighting and interior of the place was nice. Should I take a mirror photo? Is what I thought until I realized that I left my phone at the dining table. Therefore, having no business left at the restroom I went back to where Ari was waiting. 

As I was walking back to our table I saw Ari having a confused look on her face. I wonder what happened? 

"Hey, what's up?" I said as I took my seat. She who quickly came back to reality gave out a smile and said, "It was nothing. I just remember the commissions I have for next week," Ari seems so busy and tired most of the time. I'm glad I was able to spend some time with her today. —We then decided to pay for our meal and that it's time for us to go home. But as we were walking on the way outside the mall my phone suddenly rang. 

I tried searching it inside my bag for a whole thirty seconds before finally having a grasp of it, "Hello?" I answer. I wasn't able to see who it was because I was panicking, "You need to be here at the apartment in no time. It is an emergency," Oh. It was Eunwoo, "Why?" I asked in confusion as I stand next to Ari who was patiently waiting for me. 


"WHAT?!" I said, no it was almost a loud shout. I dropped the call and bowed to Ari as she gave me a confused look, "I can't go back to our apartment tonight. I'm really sorry," I said continously bowing, "I have a family emergency so I really got to go. Right now," I said emphasizing the words right now. She gave me a nod and signalled me to move quickly. 

 

Why does it have to be today? 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

A very short update for everyone! 
I know it is a short one but I hope 
you still enjoy it and look forward to the 
next chapter :> 

UNPROOFREAD