F i v e

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

f i v e 


Out of all the people all around the world. Out of all the possible heir of other companies that we're in connection with why does it have to be the C Technology? Why does it have to be Cha Eun Woo. The man who I dislike the most. The man who is the reason why I would always remain number two no matter how hard I try? 

I wish that if this is some sort of a dream made out from all of my endless thoughts, I hope I do wake up as soon as possible. Yet, no matter how much I slap myself back into reality, I am already in reality. I just can't believe how small the world is. Why? Out of all the possible people around the world and possible heir of other companies that the Min Brand is in connection with why does it have to be the "C Technology"?! And to top it all up, why does it have to be that one Cha man who is Cha Eun Woo. The man I promise to beat to be able to be at the top for once. Why does it have to be the man who is the reason why I always remained at number two no matter how hard I try? 

"If you don't mind, I ordered our food awhile ago. It is a medium cooked stake and a well-done stake for you," He stated. I mean why ask if I don't mind if you already did the ordering plus why does he know that I like my stake well done? Anyways, that's not the problem right now. The main problem is sitting right in front of me.

I slowly nodded in agreement, "Sure," I am basically lost for words at this moment. I feel like the ground is ready to take me down any time soon.

The atmosphere turned silence right after that conversation and I wanted to cut it off so bad, "So," I started, " I didn't know you are the Heir of C Technology. No one knew..." 

That is indeed true. Probably no one in our class or old school probably knows or had an hunch that Eun Woo, the famous guy known for being good at everything and got to the prestigious school through a scholarship. Someone is always timid, quiet and wanted to be alone. The Cha Eun Woo we knew for years turned out to be the heir of the fastest growing technology company not just in Korea but all over the world. As much as I wanted to know the answers as soon as I can, I just couldn't find the right words to continously let this conversation flow. Leaving me no choice but ask him one question at a time. 

Knowing that Eun Woo is the type to give one answer to one question.

"I guess it's not necessary for me to talk about my family's business anyway. We were in middle school and high school, we are supposed to learn about life step by step," I nodded and I couldn't believe that his belief is somehow the same as mine. Although I am proud to be the heiress of Min Brand, I wanted to create a name for myself that's why I went to Seoul on my own to discover life with my own strength,skills and experiences.

Wanting to ask more questions, it was cut off when the waiter arrived and serves the food which Eunwoo ordered earlier. He placed two plates, one plate for the both of us and a glass of cold drink, "Thank you," Eunwoo said. I stared at the plate for quite sometime until he snap me back into reality. 

"Do you want me to cut the stake for you?" He offered.

That's right, I remembered how Eunwoo has the habit of putting others before himself ever since we were young. He is indeed a quiet and a loner to a lot of people but he has that in him. I remember when we were in first year high school, I used to hate a lot of vegetables but our head chef wanted to give me more vegetables for packed lunch and I always ended up starving myself throughout the day or throwing out the food if I am really frustrated. 

And that is when Eunwoo steps in once he discovered about it. He caught me throwing it once and from then on, he started exchanging his pakced lunch with me and eat mine whole heartedly without saying a word. Generally, Eunwoo is not a bad person at all but there's still a part of me and my ego that dislikes him. 

"Hara?" He then called my name for answer, "I could manage," I said declining his offer.

As we started eating our meal, we sat at the same table for thirty minutes after finishing our food without dropping a single word. I mean, he might be as confused as me with this setup, isn't he? After all, he is Cha Eun Woo, someone known for hiding his feelings and emotions well more than anyone else. Plus the fact that I still have a lot of unanswered questions instored for him.

"Hey," I called for his attention as he stopped drinking, "Did you know about this arranged marriage a long time ago or you just know about it recently like I did?"

He hummed looking for answers, "Honestly, I didn't," He started, "I only knew about it the day after the organization meeting." 

I nodded, accepting his short answer. If that's the case then he also knew about this for quite some time, "But did you know that it was me you're getting married to?" 

Pausing for awhile, he slowly nodded, "I'm pretty sure you were or you are still in shock after you discovered the marriage and much more it seems like you didn't know that I was an heir. I can say that you must be in more shock than I am," He stated with confidence which made me chuckle.

"I-" I took a deep breath, "I just don't understand. Is this alright with you? How can you agree into marrying a stranger you barely know and much more me out of all people," God. Those words were supposed to be thoughts but it slipped out of my mouth. There's no turning back now.

Before he gave me answer, a chic chuckle left out his mouth. The same one I saw last time during the organization meeting, "I mean you are someone I know since middle school and I don't find you as a stranger," He commented. 

Fair point but, "How about me? I barely know anything about you," I wasn't lying. I don't know anything about Eunwoo, at all. He is someone unapproachable for me since then. No one in the class has an idea about him like how I just discovered today that he is an heir.

"Then why did you agreed to this marriage?" Did he just asked me the same question I asked him. I coughed and looked for words as I can't seem to find any, "Plus, I could help you to know me better. It's never too late," He mumbled under his breath.  
 

 I coughed and cleared my throat as I speak, "Anyway, can I have an idea why our parents wanted us to meet at this resturant? There must have a reason right?" 

"Of course," He said as he took a sip from his black coffee. Why does he seem so chill and comfortable with all of these? I can never figure this guy out, "We're here to discuss our vows and the people whom we want to invite for our wedding." 

Moon Bin and Ari quickly came into my mind. But at this point with them knowing how much I dislike Eunwoo and a week after I am to announced that I will be married to this guy? How ridiculous that could be. "Alright, Is there anything else?" I said, acting all cool like I usually do. 

"And we'll be having a food tasting by Tuesday and a gown & suit fitting on Wednesday," he added. How does he know all about these and I don't? "But don't we have classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?" I said. 

He nodded, "But we were scheduled at around seven o'clock in the evening and our classes would probably end at around three or four in the afternoon. So I guess that isn't much of a hassle?" He explained. I have nowhere out of here, right? 

If we're having our food tasting by Tuesday and gown & suit fitting on Wednesday then our wedding is around the corner. Don't you mean- "And oh, our wedding day is the saturday of next week," He added. How was he able to read my mind that quickly? Damn. And, yes Min Hara let that sink in. Next week Saturday you're going to be married to the man you vowed to dislike the most yes. Wait what. 

"Are you serious?" I yelled in shock but not enough to be heard by the whole resturant as I gather my posture back again, "But it is like less than a week before Saturday or a week to be exact." I complained. "It was our parents who decided the wedding date and venue we don't have much of a say regarding that issue." 

He was right. Eunwoo was right. We are stuck in this place with not much of a decision to make. The little details are up to us but the big details land on our parents' hands and their decision. You got no choice Hara, this is for the best. Right? 

♦ ♦ ♦

Right after that exchange of information, well mostly the information I gathered from him, we then discussed our vows where we mostly searched it up on the internet and choose the people we would be inviting at the said ceremony. In the end, I have decided not to invite Ari nor Bin as well as I asked Eun Woo a favor to keep everything about us just betwee my family and his family. I don't know if he feels the same way but I hope he does. Plus, I know he is the type of person who doesn't go out spreading things about other people's lives.

He agreed and there, we ended our meeting.

"I'll be seeing you on Tuesday then," I said, trying to be more friendly to my soon to be husband. I then grabbed my bag and gave him a bow. Silently nodding as he usually do. I made my way out of the resturant. He never changes, he never say goodbye or greet anyone in general ever since.  


 It has been a tiring two days in a row. It may not be physically tiring but emotionally and mentally tiring. I should eat a huge bowl of ice cream as a prize of how much I handled these situations professionally despite the shock it gave me in a short period of time. But I have to keep my chin up and do this. My parents worked hard for our company to be where it is right now and if I give this up just because of my selfishness my parents' hardwork would go to waste. 


You can do this Min Hara. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Would the wedding next week go as they plan? 
A peaceful secret or it won't? 
Thank you for reading! xoxo. 

PROOFREAD