S e v e n

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

Seven


Those words echoed through my head over and over again. To be honest, I haven't been able to get some decent sleep last night and when I got a touch of my surroundings, I realized that the sunlight is reflecting on the glass window onto the floor of my bedroom. It is the next morning.  

Last night during our dinner my mother advised us to get some day off from school to just focus on our Wedding plans since going from Seoul back to Busan everyday would be very tiring. Left with no choice on how nosy my mom was about the request, Eunwoo and I agreed to the plan. Plus, it would be a great hassle for Eun Woo to drive long hours every day. To avoid worrying my friends, I decided to give them a call and explain to them how I have a family business to attend to. I am probably lying again but this is indeed a family business after all. 

Bin is pretty much still disappointed in me after last night and wasn't answering my calls. Therefore, I decided to call Ari instead, asking her for a favor to send me the new lessons that they'll be tackling for the upcoming days that I'll be gone and being the good friend that she is, she told me to not worry abou anything and focus on what I have to do in order to be back as soon as possible and to make up with Bin. 

"I was worried about you last night. It was the first time you didn't come back at the apartment," She stated, her voice filled with worry, "I know. I'm sorry about that. I promise to update you guys more often," I apologized, "It's just an urgent business." She hummed a yes and there, we ended our call.  

 

Staring at my phone for a few seconds, thinking of ways on how I could make it up to Bin, a knock brought me back to my senses. I quickly slipped my feet on my furry pink slippers and made my way to open the door while tying my hair in a low ponytail, "Breakfast is ready Ms.Min. Mrs.Min and Mr.Cha have been waiting for you down stairs,| The maid stated, bowing her head as she took her leave. I froze for a few moments not knowing what to do. Just the thought of last night's talk with Eun Woo makes me nervous and embarassed to face him. 

Why am I even bothered by his words yesterday? He probably didn't mean it right? Yes, he probably have forgotten about it after a great night sleep. I nodded in approval to my thoughts and made my way down stairs at the dining hall. 

As soon as I step a foot at the dining room, the smell of newly toasted bread roam around my smell buds. I then sat at the usual chair I am seated at and Eun Woo was sitting right in front of me. How does he looks so 'prince-ly' even if he just woke up. Heavens really have their favorites, don't they? "How was your sleep my dear princess?" "Mom!" I know my mom loves to call me her princess but saying it in front of other people makes me feel embarassed. I left out an awkward laugh as my eyes landed on Eun Woo. 

He was smiling.

In no time, all of the food for our breakfast feast arrived. It is just your typical breakfast menu with Bacon, Hotcake, Eggs and Sausages. As well a, coffee, milk or juice, it is your own pick to whatever you'd love to have for today's breakfast. I then discovered that EunWoo is a coffee type of person while I was into milk. Such a contrast for the both of us if you ask me. Anyway, why am I even interested as to if he likes coffee or milk more? Hara, get yourself together, alright?  

The breakfast was pretty cozy and my mom continued on asking Eunwoo a lot of questions. If I was him I would feel very annoyed right now but he is answering each and every question my mom gives him. Eunwoo is a really amazing person, "So, you're getting your wedding gown fitting for today, right?" Mom questioned and I almost choke on my milk as I get out of my inner thoughts. I nodded, "Y-Yes."

The breakfast was pretty cozy except for my mom's endless interview questions for Eunwoo. If I was in his place I would be very annoyed at how nosy my mom can be but watching him, he patiently answers all of her question with nothing but honesty. Maybe that's why my mom can't stop asking him questions. There, I realize that Eunwoo is really an amazing person outside of the school. I wish I was able to discover this back then then maybe I wouldn't have dislike him for petty reasons, right? 

"So your agenda for today is your wedding gown fitting, am I right?" Mom questioned and I almost choke on my milk. I completely forgot about that, "Y-Yes," I nodded. 

And thus, she began telling a story of her and dad's past, "I still remember the day your dad and I went for the wedding gown fitting. It was one of the most memorable smile your dad has given me throughout the years of knowing and dating each other," she stated, "I still cherish those times. I hope you do cherish this too Hara,"She added. I would probably cherish this more if I was to get marry at the right age and with an actual boyfriend I met in college. Listening to my mom's story made me happy yet sad at the same time. 




Right after our breakfast we pretty much have a lot of free time before our Wedding Gown fitting appointment so we spend it seperately. 

Right after our breakfast, we pretty much have a lot of free time before our Wedding Gown fitting appointment so we seperated our ways. Eunwoo went back to the guest room and so do I as I did my usual stuffs back at my bed room. I decided to use this time to read some of the webtoons I haven't been able to read due to our hectic school schedule plus the wedding planning that was so abrupt. While browing on the webtoon app, I remembered Ari's works and decided to check some of her works. Most of them are short stories and then I realized how hard working Ari is. Despite how busy our schedules are, she manages her webtoons, commissions and studies well.

Reading for hours, I realized that is twelve in the afternoon which means it's lunch time. My mom and I usually have breakfast and dinner together but we rarely get the chance to have lunch for she is busy managing the coffee shop near our place. I usually have this time alone but realized that Eunwoo is here. How can I even forget about that? Webtoons really brought me to a different world. 

I then made my way back upstairs and knocked on his door, "Hey," He greeted. My eyes tried to avoid his as I shyly said, "Want to grab some lunch downstairs?" I offered. He nodded, "Sure, I'll follow you in a while," He smiled. I nodded and left. I can't believe how calm he is with the situation especially after last night. Or maybe he have already thoroughly thought this situation through and gave in to the fact that he can try to convince himself to fall in love with.... me. 

Suddenly realizing where my thoughts were going, I gave myself a soft slap on my hot cheeks and shrugged off the idea.    

"Min Hara are you being for real, right now?" 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

The lunch time with Eunwoo has been quiet for the whole time. It is probably because my mom is not around and there's no one to continously annoy him with question but despite that I really enjoyed our food prepared by our long time head chef. Yes, he was the one assigned to cook vegetables for me back then. Other than that painful past with vegetables, he is still the best chef out there for me. 

After enjoying our lunch, we decided to give the shop we'll be going at a call to see if we could move our appointment earlier than what we have set. Gladly, they have agreed and had free hours around two-thirty in the afternoon. So, right after we had our lunch we started preparing and pampering ourselves, getting ready to go out. We decided on this so that we could have spare time for our school paper works after finishing the appointment. Thus, For Eunwoo to go back home to fix some family business back home which I then agreed to, I have nothing to do anyway.

At exactly two in the afternoon, both Eunwoo and I met at the driveway. He decided to open the car door for me and we then made our way out of the house and onto the wedding gown shop. It has only been my second time on Eunwoo's car but why do I already feel comfortable? As soon as I step in I asked his permission if I could plug in my phone to play some music and he did instantly agreed. I then just shrugged off the thought and realized that it's going to be like this for a long time anyway so I might as well get comfortable around him. Right?   

 

"Wow," I murmured softly, "This shop is pretty big huh," I commented. I stood right in front of the shop covered with tall high ceilings glass windows as I waited for Eunwoo to finish parking his car. Once we have entered the shop, the aisles of dresses and suits will welcome you. The collection of wedding gowns made me so fascinated. Ever since I was young, Wedding gowns has been something I dream of wearing, it's just that the time was too unexpected for me. But isn't wedding gown supposed to be a surprise for the groom? Well my mom and dad did the same thing anyway.

As we were talking in, the staffs greeted us, "Mr.Cha and Ms.Min?" They said, catching our attention as we were roaming around. We nodded to confirm that it was the two of us and they immediately lead us to a room where the gown fitting happens, "You can leave your bags right here," I stared at him for a few seconds before I realized that he was talking to me, "Oh right," I slowly nodded, "Thank you." 

Get yourself together Min Hara.   

 

Leaving Eunwoo outside to pick up his suit or read some magazines, I then entered the fitting room where they prepared some wedding gowns that fitted my request which was sent through an online meeting. I thought stuffs like these happens only on the dramas but realized that it does happen in real life. I mean, I should've realized that arranged marriage is a thing between family who owns big companies. 

The first gown suggested was a ball gown, it was a white one with little hints of blue gems surrounding the dress. Since it is a big down, two staffs were there to help me fit on it properly. I'm not gonna lie with this body of mine, I found it quite heavy and it's my first time wearing such a heavy dress. One of the staff then checked if Eunwoo was there outside waiting and when she confirmed, they then led me to a place where I can show him this gown. Why do I need to show him anyway? I'd be the one picking the gown. Not him.

Curtains were closed as I stood right in front of it. Is this some theatre club training or something? I wondered to myself. The curtain then slowly opened up and I felt a heavy pounding on my chest once again. Once the curtains opened fully, I saw Eun Woo seated on a couch right in front of me. His eyes roamed from the magazine onto my sight. Our eyes then locked.   

"It's alright," He commented. 


Wow, I shouldn't have been shock on how blunt his reaction was but is he for real, "Alright? Just alright is all he could say," You're not going to tell me that I was pretty or stunning. I mean I know for myself I am, why do I need his approval anyway? This is getting annoying. I guess I gave him an early chance for being sweet for the past days.

We tried one gown after another and it felt like years not hours. I was starting to feel really hot and I feel like I was burning enough calories just by changing my attire every twenty minutes. To add on that Eunwoo's vocabulary ended up with nothing but "It's alright," "Looks decent," So right now we haven't even decided on what gown to get, wait why did I say we. It's I, myself who'll choose the gown right? Forget about that. We are on our last gown and if he reacted the same way for the last time, I'm just going to wear a generic white dress for the wedding.

Unlike how I was nervous during the first time I stood right in front of the curtains, I completely felt numb and I just want this agenda to end so that I can throw myself on my bed. My eyes met his for the seventh time but this time it feels different, Eunwoo didn't utter a word for quite some time and he ended up staring at me, "Hm," I hummed, "Say something, will you? Let's get done with this," I stated with an irritated tone. 

"He looks like he is fascinated by you, Ms.Min," The staff whispered as she fixed the bottom parts of the gown. Fascinated? I felt my cheeks getting hot and I decided to look away, not knowing what to do, "So..." I started.


"You look beautiful," He stated. His words then taken me aback and once again the pounding on my chest were back, even faster than before. I was lost at words and tried to avoid speaking with a shake-y voice, "I-I guess," I stuttered, "This is the gown then."

__      

 After the final gown fitting, we decided to purchase the gown with the money our parents gave us as a budget for the wedding planning. The shop said that the gown needs some altering according to my body size and length. It will then be delivered at our address tomorrow afternoon which we then agreed and left the shop in nothing but silence. 

"Want to grab some coffee at my mom's shop?" I offered, breaking of the silence, "She probably wants to see you for the last time before the wedding," I added.

He nodded and said, "Sure," How can he remain calm with situations like this? I can't get how he does that. On the other hand, that's how we ended our last errand before our wedding day.   


AUTHOR'S NOTE 
Second update for today! I'm feeling productive 
and motivated so I might update another chapter. 
Hope you enjoy this chapter, please tell me your 
thoughts on the comment section! =)) 

PROOFREAD