T W E L V E

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

TWELVE


"Ah!!!" I internally screamed as I stretched my back. Our midterms exam will be next week and I have been busy with the wedding planning, wedding itself & my mom's sudden visit in Seoul but this time I won't let anything distract me whether it's a food, event or even people. It is very important for me to get good grades and I won't let anything be the reason for my failure but as I continously stare at my statistics subject the more I lose hope. This wasn't the usual me but who would've thought that math would be a lot harder in College? I'm pretty sure everyone knew. I am just denying the truth. 

A knock echoed through my room as I stood up and opened it, "Want to order something? We are out of groceries after all," Ari usually cook for the both of us but I guess she has been busy studying for the exams as well and her painting commissions that she forgot to buy the groceries and that goes the same for me as well. I bit my lip before I decided for an answer, "Sure," I nodded. 

Closing the door behind me I followed Ari back into the living room as we sat in the couch and decided where to order. Honestly, during the exam seasons you're going to crave for trash food because of stressed but we know that we both need some nutritious food. That was a joke we ended up ordering mcdonalds. Icecream over salads. As we were waiting for the food to arrive we talked about how our self studies has been going. It's not like we don't study together it's just that we have different ways of studying so we study together for like an hour on easier subjects.

"I should've cancelled my commission for this week but I need to earn a good amount of money," She sighed, "What for?" I asked as I pour a cold ice water into two empty glass cup for the both of us, "It's my mom's birthday next week and I'll be going back to my hometown after the exams to celebrate it with the family." 

I made an 'oh' sound as I walk back to the living room offering her a cup of cold water, "I should buy your mom a gift before the end of exams then," I said and she quickly shook her head, "There's no need Hara, a greeting would do." She reassured. 

"Ari let me do this okay? Plus I'd love to meet your mom someday after all," I said, "Do you want to come?" she offered. Should I come? I am actually free after the exams but what if an emergency happens again? I'll be doomed, "I'll ask my mom first if we don't have business to attend to," Ari nodded and gave me a smile. Soon after our delivery arrived. 

 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

This is too draining. Should I get some rest? After Ari and I had our snack time I decided to go back in studying. It's just that I didn't notice that it has been three hours already and my back hurts. Okay, that's it I'm going to throw myself back to my bed for a few minutes. — Few minutes passed by and I was just staring into nothing. It is not a bad thing I love having a quiet time doing nothing even it's just for a few minutes, "Ah!" I shouted after being reminded of something, "I should call my mom about Ari's offer." 

I quickly stood up from my laying position and looked for my phone which was placed at the top of my dresser. I then dialed my mom's phone and sat back on a chair as I waited for her to pick up. 

"Hara! I'm glad you called how is college going? Your exams are coming, right?" This is somehow my mom's habit wherein as soon as she picks up the phone she would bomb you with questions and questions within thirty seconds, "I'm doing good and yes I have been studying for hours so I decided to take a break." 

My mom wasn't able to reply for quite awhile as I heard one of her workers talked to her, "Is that so? I'm sure you are doing a great job hon," She said, "Can I ask you something?" She hummed a yes, she sounds so busy managing the coffee shop so I decided to end the conversation as fast as possible, "Ari invited me to her hometown after the examinations. It's her mother's birthday. Do we have anything planned on the Saturday?" 

"Nothing if I'm aware of," She started, "So I guess you are free to go," Alright! "Remember to buy Ari's mom a great gift and bring Ari here the next time, okay?" I said yes and told her I love her as I hung up the phone.

The sudden news brought me to excitement and decided to go back into studying, "What should I study next-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as my eyes dropped when I saw my statistics test book. What should I do? I wanted to scream so bad until I heard a notification sound coming from my phone. I wonder who that is. I told myself as I reach out onto my phone, "Eunwoo?" I whispered to myself as I saw his name on my kakaotalk notification. 


Can you come at the apartment? It's an emergency. 

 

What's with this message? Should I be terrified? I wonder what happened it is rare for Eunwoo to message me if it's really not that important. Leaving me with no choice (I actually did have) I grabbed my jacket, handbag and my statistics book for some odd reasons? I should start somewhere even at the taxi, right? Whatever, "Ari! I'm going out for awhile," I shouted and "Alright, take care." 

Leaving the apartment complex I went out to grab a taxi right in front of the building. 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

Once again I am standing right in front of a familiar yet unfamiliar door that leads to our apartment debating whether I should ring the bell or not but I remembered that it might be an emergency. Taking a deep breath I rang the door bell and waited for someone to answer. 

"Oh, it's you," What do you mean it's you, you literally texted me to come here. I stared at him for quite some time and realized that he was physically alright. I wonder what happened? Snapping back into reality I took a step in inside the apartment and closed the door behind me. 

I followed Eunwoo towards the living room and "Surprise!" There was a huge loads of different foods in the dining area. I was so confused, what is going on? I looked back at him and, "What is this?" 

"Foods," He answered innocently and I rolled my eyes for I know those are foods. I am not that stupid. I took a deep breath, "I know they are foods. I am not dumb but what for? Is this your emergency? Foods?" 

He gave an "oh" expression and caressed the back of his neck, "Exams are coming up and I wanted to surprise you as a goodluck cheer," Why is he being so cute? Wait. Did I just thought he was cute? No.Hara, "Listen here Eunwoo. I am thankful for this surprise but I have a lot of things to study. You could've ask me after the examinations." 

I tried my best to explain him my side without offending him at the best I can but he gave me a very sad and disappointed look, "I'm sorry," he murmured. Why do I feel guilty? I just opened up my side. Can he not look so sad? What should I do? 

"Oh! I know," He started. How can his mood change so fast? "What is it?" I stuttered, "I'll help you with this," Eunwoo said as he reached for my statistics text book, "What do you think?" 

I bite my lip and, "I'm not sure about that." 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

"Is it good?" Yes. I decided to take his offer for I know Eunwoo has been really good at numbers since seventh grade. I would surely benefit from this plus I get to eat great foods, "It is," A smile grew on his face as I reassured him. 

Right after we ate, I have been so full by the way, I once again offered to wash the dishes for it's the least I could do. He must have been awake early in the morning just to prepare those foods. While I was cleaning the dishes something came into my mind, "How did you learn how to cook? You don't look one who is actually good at it." 

He chuckled and paused, "My mom was a housewife and she really loved cooking so it's often our bonding time," Eunwoo stated, "It actually helped me a lot since my dad has been busy ever since and I'd cook my lunch boxes to avoid giving more work to the maids." 

Does that mean the lunch boxes he has been exchanging with me back in high school was made by him and only him alone? That's crazy! "I see. You must have missed your mom a lot," I commented as I dry my hand with a clean towel after cleaning the dishes. 

"That reminds me do you want to come with me this Saturday?" Saturday? Why do people keep on inviting me this upcoming weekends? "It's my mom's death anniversary. I would love to go with someone after all these years since my dad has been too busy to come with me." 

The room was filled with nothing but silence. I didn't know what to say I mean Ari gave me an offer before him but I didn't confirmed her my attendance yet anyways. Why do I feel like this towards Eunwoo? Why do I feel like I need to be with him? "You have other plans, don't you?" He read me so well, doesn't he? 

"No, No. I'll go with you," There goes my mouth moving on its own, "Really?! I can't wait for mom to meet you," It was a genuine smile. It made my heart flutter. I pushed the thought away. 

I cleared my throat, "Let's go study." 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Have you heard about the Itaewon clubbing issue? 
I'm glad the boys apologize for their mistakes. Dispatch
I know you were clubbing as well. 

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

UNPROOFREAD