F o u r

Married To Cha Eun Woo (Proofreading | Updates soon!)

F o u r 


 

This Friday would be a holiday where we'll have a long weekend compared to the usual weeks. I then thought of visiting my parents back in Incheon for it has been months since I have last seen them ever since I started college. So after informing Bin and Ari about my long weekend plan, I quickly packed some stuffs that I would be needing for the holiday and called Mr.Han to pick me up at the bus stop near the apartment.

"Will you be leaving soon?" Ari, who was watching at the living room enjoying her free time away from school stuffs and commission this Friday, asked me as I was placing my things at the couch. I nodded, "Yes. How about you? Wouldn't you be going home for the weekends?" 

She hummed a yes and added, "But I'm too lazy to get up and pack my things. I'll probably go home around six in the evening. 

"Alright. Make sure to lock the doors and secure them. We don't want thieves stealing our things," I said as I gave her a wink jokingly. I trust Ari anyways, she is someone who is very responsible and respectful. She nodded and waved me a goodbye. 

 

After tying my shoes, I made my way to the said bus stop where Mr.Han and I would be meeting. I sat at the metal benches provided under the shed and waited for around ten minutes before Mr.Han arrived. He actually used my favorite car in picking me up this time. Well, it is our family car but I must say that she is my baby and my favorite for it is comfortable compared to others. I then settled my things at the back of the car and sat at the passenger seat beside Mr.Han.

I connected my phone at the car like I usually do and started playing my favorite songs. Throughout the ride Mr.Han and I were listening to my choice of music as well as catching up. We are close after all for he has been our family driver ever since I was little, I see him as a part of our family since then. Even Bin is close to Mr.Han and they have a lot of memories shared together and since I have been away for a few months I must say I missed studying near where my family lives. It is different no matter what.  

"Mr. and Mrs. Min are very glad that you get to call them first before they did," He stated which made me wonder. Why? I tilted my head and gave Mr.Han a confused look, "What do you mean?" 

He exhibited the same confusion and said, "Haven't they told you about the news over the phone?" He questioned, "My apologies. I guess Mr. and Mrs. Min haven't told you yet but I'm pretty sure they'll be telling you the news once we arrived," He said, giving me the smile of reassurance to lessen my worries. Which by the way didn't for it kept me thinking the whole ride towards Incheon. 

♦♦♦

"Hara! It has been a long time!" My mom, who obviously missed me so much didn't give me a chance to take another step at the house and gave me the tighest hug. My mom honestly gives one of the most warming and comforting hug. 

Hugging her back, "I missed you so much mom!" 

After a few minutes of hugging each other, we broke from the hug and I asked, "Where is dad?" It is quite normal not to have dad around because of his busy schedule but I always make sure to ask if he is around the house. 

"Oh," My mom started, "Your dad is currently in a meeting with someone right now but he promised to be here for dinner. Don't worry, alright?" She smiled and caresses my check like she always do.


After unpacking the few things I brought for the weekends, I had my usually tea chit-chat with my mom. We catched up about a lot of things like the coffee shop business and how the university was going for me. She kept smiling the whole time I was telling different stories and told me that she was proud I am starting to become someone who is independent, "I knew I didn't raise someone who is weak," I nodded and smile. 

The chit chat went on for about an hour and then I decided to excuse myself to take some rest at my bed room which I haven't been to for a very long time. I opened the curtains at my room and saw the usual view I see everyday when I wake up back then. It was our garden that my mom is carefully taking care of together with the helpers. After a few minutes of resting I decided to change onto a more comfortable clothing and jumped on the most comfortable bed I know. My bed. 

"Oh," The sudden thought of my conversation with Mr.Han came rushing back to me, "I wonder what my parents are announcing tonight," It seems very important judging from Mr.Han's voice. A lot of possibilities are running inside my head and I can't even get the rest I was about to a few minutes ago.

Trying to forget the said thought, another thought came into my mind, "Why does it feel like Eunwoo is every where I go?" I shooked my head to shrugged off the idea. That thought wouldn't give me some rest too. I messed my hair and shouted at my pillow in frustration, "Dinner is in a few hours. You'll know it soon Hara. Alright?" I reassured myself. 

Maybe the announcement from my parents wouldn't be that important after all and I'm overthinking things too much. Maybe it is business related as per usual, right? I then played some music on my phone and closed my eyes to get some deserved rest before dinner. 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

Not realizing that I was indeed able to get some nap, I was woken up by the echoing sound of a door knock in my bed room, "Wait for awhile," I said as I jump off my bed and slipped my feet onto my slippers, "Ms.Min, Dinner is about to be serve in Ten Minutes. Mr. Min wants you to get ready," I replied with a yes as I fixed myself for a little bit by combing my bed hair before going down. 

Thus, after I combed my hair I changed into a more presentable clothing for it always have to be in a formal way if it is a family dinner with my dad. He is someone who gives you freedom but at the same time someone who is very strict at particular rules at this house. He said it is to exercise our good manners. My mom and I find it very weird during the first times but as we grew older we got used to it plus it is rare to have dad for dinners anyway.

Dinner was getting served as I arrived down stairs. I gave my mom and dad a kiss on the cheeks as I usually do before seating down at my designated place, "Thank you," I stated as one of the maids gave me a table cloth which I then placed on my lap.  

"So, how is school so far Hara?" With his strict voice, he asked as he started slicing off his well-done stake.

I cleared my throat and replied, "School is great and I'm doing great as well. I recently joined the Theatre Club which mom has been telling me stories about," I stated.

"You really entered the Theatre Club? That is great sweetie!" My mom reacted with her voice filled with nothing but excitement as I nod my head in agreement.

Dad gave me a smile and said, "That's great. We are glad you are enjoying college as much as we want you to," After he said that, he paused for a little while, "But you know that soon in time you'll be handling the company, right?" The joyful atmosphere turned into an awkward one right after dad said his words.
 

I know for a fact that I would be handling the company in the future but I also want to experience stuffs on my own for now and do the things that are related to the things I love doing but if it is indeed very necessary for the company, I'm willing to give up anything just to protect the business my dad and mom worked hard for from scratch.   

After some time for my thoughts, I nodded, "I know that very well dad."

He drank some of his water and cleared his throat, "For the company's stocks improvement, we decided to have a partnership with the "C Technology"," He stated and I nodded waiting for the next details of his statement, "That's good to hear dad," Why do I feel nervous about this? I hope my intuition is wrong. 

"We decided that it's the best for our only daughter and their eldest son to elope into marriage."

I have indeed a bad intuition about this but I didn't know it would be this bad. The sound of the word marriage echoed onto my head. I tried to make sense out of it but it didn't. I gave my mom a look and a sad, defeated look on her face reflected right before my eyes. As politely as I could I asked, "What do you mean by that?" 

"For the past months, we haven't been able to tell you that the company stocks had been going down because of new competitors and to avoid future problems with the stocks the only way we could've think of is the proposal of C Technology's Ceo," "Which happens to be marriage," my mom added. 

A moment of silence embraced the dining room and it hasn't sink into me at all or I just wouldn't want it to sink in? I took a deep breath and gave out the best reassuring smile I could give, "Alright, Dad." 

Marriage is a very strange word for me but I know that my parents are doing this for the best of the company. I mean who would want to marry their daughter to a complete stranger when she just entered college, right? I'm pretty sure no one. I trust my parents enough for this and I'll just figure some way out of this in the future. 

♦ ♦ ♦

The dinner time turned awkward and quiet after the announcement of my marriage to the heir of the C Tradings. Well, mostly I was the one who was in silence and I'm pretty sure my parents understood why. There's a lot of things going through my head after all. But a thought came into my mind. My parents were also a fruit of an arranged marriage and they learned to love another through the years and ended up having me. Yet at the same time I haven't experience dating yet at least and they expect me to marry someone whom I barely know. 

"Can I come in?"I nodded. It was my mom whose head is sneaking from my door.

My mom sat right beside me and gave ma a warm hug. We stayed in that position for quite some time until I realized that tears are rolling down my cheeks. I am a cheerful person who see things in positive ways as much as I could but this is just overboard. 

She caressed my cheeks and wiped my tears away but it continued coming like an endless water running down the faucet, "I know it is hard to accept Hara. I was against this but giving it a thought I've been your father work up his whole life for this company and I know he is doing what is the best for the company." 

And sacrificing me. My youth, my experience of dating and naturally fall in love with someone whom I know more than anyone else. That were the sacrifice. 

I cried endlessly that night. I didn't say a word but my cry was enough to express how I feel. My mom was there the whole night I was crying. She didn't say a word either but instead she caressed my back and gave me the comfort I needed. 


♦ ♦ ♦

The next morning, the ray of sunshine reflected on me. It is a sunny Saturday, I figured. I was then woken up by one of the house maids at around eight o'clock. It's the usual time everyone is expected to wake up in this household. After the dinner last night, my dad instantly flew to Taiwan for a business trip while my mom started working at the coffee shop at around seven in the morning. Ever since I was little this was always the set up. Yes my parents gave me enough time even with their busy schedule plus I easily understood their line of works at a young age.

I prepared myself before I go down to have breakfast and everything that we have tackled yesterday hit me. How am I supposed to tell Bin and Ari about this? Do I really want people to know about this? I don't know what to do honestly but I know it'll all work out soon enough. I just need to clear my head for awhile, right? On the other hand, today was the set day for a meeting with the eldest son of the C Technology which happens to be my fiance now. 

Was it really fated for me to go home this weekend?   

The meeting might look so abrupt and sudden but I know that my parents, mostly my dad has been planning this for a very long time and only got the chance to officially tell me last night. A lot of thoughts are still on my head but I know this is probably the best way to pay my parents back with everything they have done for me. Might sound like a toxic mindet but at this point I really couldn't careless. I love my parents so much and I'll protect their hard earn business so that my dad can retire early or so. He deserves to enjoy his life as much as my mom and I do.

I went down to have some breakfast after preparing myself. We were about to leave for the meeting right after breakfast and meet at around lunch time. I grab a few bites from my breakfast but found myself full that's when I decided to walk around the area for a few minutes to grab some fresh air. 

♦♦♦

After taking a few minutes of walk around the area. One of the maid called for me and said, "Ms. Min, Mr. Han is waiting for you," Oh yes. I completely forgot to track the time or was I ignoring it purposely. I nodded and followed her back at the house.  

I sat at my usual spot which is beside Mr. Han. This time I wasn't in the mood to play any music and decided to enjoy the silence throughout the ride. After all, my head has enough voices of endless thoughts about the current situation. I wasn't able to ask Mr.Han where the meeting place was or how long the ride would take. I was in my own zone when I was then brought back to reality.  

"We're here," The moment Mr. Han's words went through my ears, I felt my knees getting weak and I wanted to ran back at the Seoul Apartment to give Ari and Bin a hug right now. But remembering my mom's words of comfort and how we've watch dad build up this company and this is the best way he know for the company to excel and continue. 

A large supply of energy and reassurance rushed through my body as I gathered the confidence I needed and took a step out of the car with the silver high heels, blue mini dress I was wearing as well as a small bag that is enough for my phone and wallet to fit in. I then found myself standing at a well known five-star resturant here in Incheon. I took a deep breath and carried myself inside the place.

Two waiters bowed and tried to assist me, "Did you have a reservation Miss?" 

"Oh," Right. I forgot to get the details. I wonder if Mr.Han knows the details, "Yes. We had a reservation with Mr.Cha," Right before I finished my thought, Mr.Han stepped in and guided me as I gave him a huge thumbs up. The cashier person then browsed through the list to confirm the reservation, "Are you Ms.Min?" I quickly nodded. 

They gave me a smile and said, "Mr.Cha has been waiting for you. Let me guide you, this way please," We then followed the waiter towards the said table and why does the family name 'Cha' sound familiar. It shouldn't be the person I am thinking about right now, right? I mean he got into our school through scholarship back then so it's impossible he is the eldest son of "C Technology" right? Yes. I'm pretty sure that's just a coincidence.

As we got closer to the said number, my heart started to beat faster because of worries. What if he is not good looking? I mean okay that might sound too judgemental but I need to give my future children good genes, right? Why am I even thinking of kids right now. It's best that we'll be able to end this thing before getting there, right? Right. Once again, I gathered some confidence and brought myself back to reality out from my thoughts.

Man, I never visioned myself getting married at this age and a freshman in college to add on the toppings.    

 

"Mr. Cha, Ms. Min has arrived," The waiter said as he bowed politely leaving me and the man I am about to meet alone. I shook my head to remove the thoughts and to focus on the meeting. When I arrived at the table, I took a deep breath and presented myself before I take a seat, "Hello. Nice to meet you, I am Min Hara-" I bowed and as soon as our eyes meet, I almost lost my balance. 

"I know," He chuckled. 

I covered my mouth in disbelief, "Eunwoo?!"  


AUTHOR'S NOTE      

Here is the chapter everyone has been waiting for! 
The arranged marriage of Hara and Eunwoo. 
What would happen to Hara? Will she back out? 
Find out next week! Thank you xoxo. 

PROOFREAD