I Like You Too

What's Wrong With Secretary Myoui ?

It was already nightfall when they made their way back to the house. 

Mina stopped. 

Jeongyeon turned around, wondering what this is all about.

"Ms Yoo, you said that you will tell me everything I want to know, right ?" Mina asked.

Jeongyeon nodded. 

"I am curious about something." 

Jeongyeon folded her arms across her chest. "What is it ? I told you, I will bear whatever question you might have." 

"That night when we almost kissed..." 

Jeongyeon choked on air. 

"Why did you push me away ? You said you would bear any questions. Hurry and tell me. You don't act without reason. But no matter how much I think about it, I can't understand what could be the reason for it."  

"Well, that is... because Ms Im walked in on us right ?" Jeongyeon replied. 

"Yes, i know that. But I can't help but feel that there's something more to it though."

Jeongyeon took a deep breath. 

"When I close my eyes, I sometimes see a ghost."

"What ? Since when ? Is it related to the nightmare you sometimes have ?" Mina asked.

Jeongyeon look away. She chuckled. 

"Why ? Are you going to hire an exorcist for me ?" 

"This isn't a joke, Ms Yoo."

"THERE'S A GHOST BEHIND YOU !" 

Mina let out a shriek. 

Jeongyeon smirked. 

"My mistake." 

"Are you messing with me right now ? You were lying when you told me that you can see ghosts, weren't you ?" Mina pouted. 

Jeongyeon smiled. 

"You're so mean, Ms Yoo." 

Mina walked away, looking around her surrondings, weary. 

"Over there..." 

Mina let out a cry as she glared at Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon watched as Mina walked away.

 

 

 

 

 

If only...

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

The group sat at a table in the yard, opening up bottles of soju and having a good time. Dahyun stared in confusion as Sana passed a glass of soju to her."Mark-ssi, you're even working while drinking ?" Jihyo asked, staring at Mark Tuan, with papers in his hands. "Yes. I believe that working is the best drinking snack. It's refreshing, and it doesn't give me a hangover the next day."Yerim rolled her eyes. "By the way, Dahyun-ssi, do you not drink ?" Jihyo asked. "No, I don't. I always need to be prepared for any situation, so i'm always on standby." "You're just like Ms Myoui then," Tzuyu mentioned. "But that must mean you are not able to date anyone." "Are you a lesbian too, Dahyun-ssi ?" Chaeyoung brought up. "Yes, i am," Dahyun replied. "What kind of woman is your ideal type ?" Sana asked, a dreamy look in her eyes. "I like women who are cute," Dahyun answered, her head hanging low, full of embarrassment. The group laughed and teased. 

Jeongyeon and Mina walked up to the group. 

"Ms Yoo ! You are back ! That must've been so rough for you, out in the pouring rain," Jihyo said, draping her jacket over Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon took the jacket off. "Not at all. It was quite meaningful," Jeongyeon said. "What do you mean by meaningful, Ms Yoo ?" Yerim asked. Jeongyeon and Mina looked at each other, not knowing what to say. "We were able to have quite a productive conversation about the overall affairs and duties of those at our company while we took shelter from the rain," Mina said. "I don't think so," Momo eyed them suspiciously. "Something feels off. Now that I think about it, you two were also on the same team for the ribbon-hunting game. And you two came back around nightfall." All eyes were on Jeongyeon and Mina.

Jeongyeon looked at Mina, who looked away.

"Did you two, by any chance..."

Jeongyeon swallowed her saliva.

Mina cleared .

"Go off and eat beef without us ?" Momo asked.

Both Jeongyeon and Mina heaved a sigh of relief.

"All we had was pork !" She complained. "What was wrong with the pork you had ?" Jihyo asked. "Get it together, Hirai !" Chaeyoung scolded. "Ms Yoo. You must be hungry.  Allow me to grill you some meat." Jihyo said. "Sure, thank you," Jeongyeon replied. Jihyo opened up the cooler, getting the shock of her life. Her already enormous eyes opened wide as she turned back to the group. "Where's the meat ?!" Jihyo asked. "I grilled all of it," Momo replied. "All ? I told you to leave some for Ms Yoo !" Jihyo stated. "You said, "Let's leave some for her". So i assumed that you had already taken care of that yourself. You should have been more clear, and said "Leave some for her," Momo smiled. 

"Are you kidding me right now ?" Jihyo asked. "What should we do..." She paced up and down the yard. "Oh ! I was once a master fishermen during my time back in my hometown, so i'll jump into the water right now and catch us some fish. I'll then make spicy fish stew with that," Jihyo said to Jeongyeon. "No. I'll go buy some pork right now," Mark announced, standing up all of a sudden. "You had alcohol though, and it takes 30 minutes to drive to the store. So it'll take a one hour round trip," Tzuyu pointed out. Mark looked embarrassed. Mina smiled. "Then, let's just eat that," she said to Jeongyeon, pointing at the stack of ready-to-eat ramen bowls on the counter top. "You're okay with that right, Ms Yoo ? You like ramen," Mina asked. "The vice chairperson eats ramen ?" Yerim asked, who was immediately told to shush by Jihyo. "Ah, yes. I tried it for the first time not too long ago, and it wasn't bad," Jeongyeon claimed. "Let's eat ramen, then," she said to Mina. Mina nodded. "I'll hurry and boil some water," Jihyo said. Mark got up from his seat and both of them raced to the kitchen. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon and Mina sat at a table on the rooftop patio, patiently waiting for their ramen to be cooked. 

"It's the first time that you've come to a workshop, so it would've been nice if you could've had some char-grilled food. What a shame," Mina said. 

Jeongyeon chuckled. "Are you sure that you're not the one who's disapppointed ?" 

"Of course i'm disappointed. Having char-grilled meat outdoors in a place like this is quite delicious, after all."

Jeongyeon nodded. Mina looked at her bowl of ramen, lifitng up the lid, peeking inside. "You can eat it now," she said to Jeongyeon. 

"All right," Jeongyeon replied. Pulling back the lid, she wasted no time and nabbed a bunch of noodles, shoving them into . It was hot. 

Mina smiled and tore off the lid of Jeongyeon's bowl. She made a few folds, and handed back the folded lid to Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon held it in her hand, staring at it. "What is this ?"

"It's a life hack for when you eat cup noodles. The noodles won't be as hot when you eat them out of it," Mina replied. Jeongyeon looked at her with doubt, and stared back at the folded lip again. Mina could almost laugh out loud at the sight of the confused vice chairperson as she tore off the lid of her own bowl and folded it. 

"Slurp~" Mina said, nabbing noodles and placing them in the small cup she had folded. 

"Slurp ?" Jeongyeon asked as she followed. 

"Then you put it in there." Mina blew on her noodles, slurping them into . 

Jeongyeon blew on hers, slurping them into too. Her face lit up as she realised what a genius idea it was.

"Slurp, slurp," Jeongyeon said as she put more noodles in her small cup. Once she got her fill, she tilted the cup towards Mina. 

"Put some kimchi here." 

"What ?" 

"It'll taste better if you put it there for me." 

 Mina grinned. 

"Here you go," she said as she placed a slice of kimchi on the noodles. 

"Delicious." 

Mina laughed. 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

"You're going to sleep already ?" 

"Let's have one more round of shots, please ?" Chaeyoung asked Sana, who appeared to be turning into a corpse.  

Everyone put on their eye shades as they fell onto their matresses. 

Chaeyoung pouted.

"Are all of your tucked in already ? I'll turn off the lights then," Mina said, having just walked into the room. 

"Good night," Sana said, already half asleep. 

"Sleep tight," Momo cooed. 

The lights were turned off. 

Mina lay down. 

Her phone buzzed. 

22:56pm Ms Yoo: Good night. I permit you to dream of me.

Mina smiled. 

She rolled over to her side, making sure that nobody could see her texting Jeongyeon. 

22:57pm Ms Myoui: Thank you for your permission. 

Jeongyeon smiled. 

She put down her phone. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Shall I take a trip to Ms Myoui's dreams tonight ?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina walked out of the house, stretching. 

She noticed a car driving away in the distance

"Oh, that's Ms Yoo's car," she said to herself. 

She fished out her phone and dialled a number. 

"Where are you going, Ms Yoo ?" 

"A buyer from a company launced in France has just landed in Korea. They haven't launched here yet, so i've scheduled a meeting to try and get an exclusive contract with them."  

"What ? How do you have something on your schedule that i didn't know about ?" 

"I recieved an urgent call from Ms Im about it yesterday."

"Then you should've told me about it. At any rate, i'll get ready as quickly as i can and come to you."

"No, this is my job."

"What ?" 

"And your job is to enjoy the rest of the workshop. Take this chance to really unwind. That'll be all." 

She hung up. 

Mina recieved a text. 

8:36am Ms Yoo: If you really feel that bad about it, come and hang out at my place later. 

8:36am Ms Yoo: An amazing gift will be awaiting you. Aren't you looking forward to it ?

Mina could feel herself blushing as her lips curved into a smile. 

"What are you doing Minari ?"

Mina turned her head, only to see a very hungover Sana standing beside her. Her hair was all over the place. 

"What kind of text had made you so bashful like this ? Did someone ask you out on a date, by any chance ?" Sana asked. 

"No, not at all. I just got an ad from a grocery store... saying that shrimp from Chile are on sale now," Mina replied. "I should go buy some shrimp," she said, scurrying away. 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sat in the car, looking at her phone, waiting for that notification to pop up. 

She put her phone down. 

Lifted it up to her face. 

Nothing. 

She did it again. 

Nothing. 

She sighed. 

"Come on, what's the hold up ?" 

"I apologize, Ms Yoo. I'm just following the speed limit." 

Jeongyeon didn't realize she had said that out loud. 

"Oh i see. You're doing a fine job, then Ms Kim." 

Her phone buzzed. 

8:38am Ms Myoui: Yes, i'll have high hopes when i come by. 

Jeongyeon smiled. She looked up and met a pair of eyes in the rear view mirror. 

Dahyun blinked blankly. 

Jeongyeon realized her secretary was watching her.

She opened her jaw wide and closed it, stretching it.

"It's just so early that..." 

Dahyun nodded. 

Phew

Jeongyeon looked back down at her phone again. 

Her lips curved into a smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

"We look forward to having a long-term business partnership with a major company." 

"You will not regret choosing us." 

The Frenchmen stuck an arm out, shaking Jeongyeon's hand. 

"Thank you." 

"It's my pleasure." 

The two businessmen left. 

Nayeon fist bumped the air. 

"We pulled off something which nobody didn't get to." 

"There's nothing i can't do when i put my mind to it," Jeongyeon replied. 

Nayeon patted her chest and approached Jeongyeon for a hug. The latter stuck out a hand, rejecting the gesture. 

Nayeon backed up. "I respect you, ma'am," she bowed. 

"Good." 

Jeongyeon looked at her watch. 

"Have you got some time ?" 

"I have plenty of time. Why do you ask ?" Nayeon said.

"Let's go grocery shopping."

"Grocery shopping ?" 

"I plan to have some barbeque in the garden."

"Barbeque ?" 

"Yes." 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

They stood infront of the meats section in the supermarket. 

"Let's buy all parts of beef and pork," Nayeon said. Within a flash, the shopping cart was filled with packets of raw beef and pork. "If you barbeque sausages, you won't crave pan-fried sausages at all. They're totally different," Nayeon claimed. Nayeon wheeled the shopping cart to the vegetables section. "Let's buy potatoes and sweet potatoes too. The moment they jump into the fire..." Nayeon picked up two bags of potatoes. "They are hardy plants for a reason. They are just delicious," she stated.    

They were standing behind the car as Nayeon loaded all the food into the trunk. "You've bought the best ingredients... and you've got me, the best chef. The food will be delicious," Nayeon grinned. "Oh right, we should've bought more vegetables-" Nayeon lamented, but Jeongyeon was nowhere to be found. She peeked into the car. The window was rolled down. Jeongyeon's head peeked out. "Thanks for helping me today. I'll see you at the company tomorrow," Jeongyeon proclaimed.

The car began to slowly drive off.

"I thought i was part of it- Ya ya ya ya ! Are you saying that you used me ?! YA ! You're being very mean right now !" Nayeon hollered at the car that had already driven away.

Nayeon pushed the shopping cart back to its return station. 

 

 

 

"For sake, Yoo Jeongyeon." 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright guys, good job !" 

"Good job everyone !" 

The van parked at the porch of the company building as the group hopped off. 

"I feel too bad to say goodbye here. How about we have some army stew with some soju ?" Jihyo suggested. 

"I would love to, but i have to go return the van. See you guys tomorrow !" Chaeyoung walked off. 

"I guess it's a no for me too. It's better for me to look into more documents than drinking soju. Then, goodbye." Mark left. 

Jihyo turned to Mina. "What about you, Mina-ssi ?" 

"I have an appointment too. I'm sorry. See you girls tomorrow !" Mina scurried off. 

The girls waved goodbye as Sana watched Mina. 

"Mina seems very suspricious since a while ago. It's like she's going on a date or something," Sana stated. 

"No way. You know she's never dated anyone in her life," Tzuyu replied. 

"She has no time to date anyone because she's too busy working for Ms Yoo," Jihyo pointed out. 

"Oh my. By any chance, is she going to work for Ms Yoo again ? Without having her weekend ?" Momo gasped. 

"Is that right..." Sana sighed. She turned to Yerim. "This will be your future, Yerim-ah. Once Ms Myoui retires, you'll have to work as hard as her." 

Yerim frowned.

"Alright let's continue talking about her future with a glass of soju at an army stew place," Jihyo announced. 

"Goodbye." The four girls bowed. 

They left in both directions, Yerim and Tzuyu leaving towards the right while Momo and Sana left towards the left. 

Jihyo stood by herself infront of the big glass doors. 

"Those brats..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina came out of the shower, a towel wrapped on the top of her head. "It's nothing special, so i shouldn't dress up much," she said to herself. 

Or so she thought. 

She spent the next half hour sitting infront of her dresser, her hair curled up in a hair curler. She dabbed some foundation onto her face and sat for around ten minutes deciding which shade of lipstick she should wear. She finally decided on the rich red colour, and smiled as she smacked her lips, looking at her finished product. She put on some eyelashes, but decided to remove them afterwards. She fancied the rack of necklaces she had on her dresser, deciding on the necklace Jeongyeon had given her. She proceeded on to her wardrobe, which she ransacked, trying to find the ideal set of clothes. Any shirt or blouse which she did not like was thrown onto her bed.

Jeans ?

Too informal.

This blue coloured blouse ?

Is it too much ?  

A white floral dress ? 

Does it seem like i'm going to a wedding ? 

She finally decided on a black laced dress. She checked herself out in the mirror. "Good. This looks good enough," Mina smiled. She turned to her bed. "Hardworking Cow, what do you think ?" She asked. The cow was drowning under the mountain of clothes Mina had strewn over. She let out a gasp as she ran over, flinging her clothes away, frantically trying to save the cow. Remember Me, the dog plushie was also saved from the clothes. "I'm sorry." She looked at the clothes all around them. "I'm running late, so i'll clean the mess later," she stated. She grabbed her handbag and scrambled out the house.

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

Mina stood at the front gate of the vice chairperson's house.

She took a deep breath and made her way in. 

She walked into the huge living room. She could never get tired of looking at it, for the decor was so aesthetically pleasing. She noticed that Jeongyeon was not seated on the couch like she normally would. She peeked at the front yard. And there she was. In a blue coloured long sleeved shirt and black jeans. The vice chairperson coughed as smoke billowed into her face. She sweeped a hand at it, getting it out. Jeongyeon cringed as the fire raged in the barbecue pit. Mina smiled.

She prepared all this for me ? 

She was about to walk out into the front yard when she noticed a very distinct mark on Jeongyeon's left ankle. Her sock was rolled down slightly more than the one on her right leg.

It looked like a scar.

Mina gulped.

She walked out into the front yard.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ms Yoo." 

Jeongyeon turned her head. 

Was she dreaming ?

Mina...

She looks...

Spectacular...

It seemed like Mina was walking towards her in slow motion. 

Mina smiled widely as she stopped infront of Jeongyeon. 

"You look pretty today," Jeongyeon stated. 

Mina grinned. "Thank you." 

She looked around.

"What are all these by the way ?" She asked. 

"You said you wanted to have meat grilled with charcoal fire and that it would taste better if grilled outdoors. That's why I prepared all these."

Mina stared in awe. 

"See ? The amazing gift was waiting for you." 

"Yes, it really was amazing," Mina smiled bashfully. 

She noticed the raging fire, and the poor piece of meat on the grill. 

"I think you have to flip it now," Mina told Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon's attention diverted back to the girll as she picked up the tongs, saving the meat from the bowels of hell.

Mina stared at the burnt piece of meat. Her eyebrows frowned.  

Jeongyeon smiled sheepishly. 

"Don't worry. You can grill another piece," Mina assured.  

"There's no more left." 

Mina looked confused. 

"What ?" 

Jeongyeon looked at the bin next to the grill. 

Mina looked down at the bin.

Her eyes opened wide as she saw the bin, filled to the brim with burnt pieces of meat. 

"Did you burn them all ?" Mina asked.

"I have never grilled meat before." Jeongyeon smiled. 

Mina stared at Jeongyeon in despair.

"I guess there's one thing which i'm bad in. What do you think ? Aren't I humane ?" Jeongyeon asked Mina.

"Right," Mina gritted her teeth.

"What should I do... if you're not too hungry, I can go buy some more. I'll grill them again-"

"No."

Jeongyeon blinked. 

"No thanks."

Jeongyeon eyed Mina suspiciously. 

"Are you mad, Ms Myoui ?" 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

A box of pizza was set down infront of them. A bottle of coke was placed next to it.

"Enjoy your food." The delivery rider scurried off. 

"It would've been nicer if we had meat grilled with charcoal fire," Jeongyeon lamented. 

"I'm all right with pizza. Go ahead and eat," Mina assured Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon took a slice of pizza. 

Mina took a slice of pizza. 

She offered it to her. 

Mina stared at Jeongyeon and Jeongyeon stared back.

They chuckled as they took the slice of pizza from each other.

They took a bite of their pizza. Jeongyeon looked over at Mina. 

"Ms Myoui. You have something on the side of your mouth..." Jeongyeon pointed. 

"Oh my," Mina lifted a finger up to . "Is it here ?" 

"No, not there..." 

"Well then where-" 

Jeongyeon put a finger to Mina's lips, cleaning off the bit of pizza plastered to the side of . 

Their eyes locked. 

Mina felt blood rush to her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon leaned in. 

Mina closed her eyes. 

 

 

 

 

Click

Clack

Click 

Clack 

 

 

Come with me...

 

 

I don't want to go alone...

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon flinched. 

Mina's eyes fluttered open. 

Trembling

Mina chuckled. 

"Which way will you push me this time ? Let me brace myself beforehand." 

Jeongyeon stared in silence. 

"This way ?' Mina pointed to her left. "That way ?" She pointed to her right. 

"Ms Myoui... You know-" 

"YOO JEONGYEON WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING LEAVING ME BEHIND ?!" 

Jeongyeon flew to the other side of the couch. 

Mina shot up straight. 

Nayeon put a hand over . 

"Wow... you guys were really doing something..." Nayeon laughed nervously. "Well... I... I brought this drink with me because I thought it would go well with meat... In fact, i'm the one who doesn't belong here," Nayeon held up a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

"Keep doing what you're doing, i'll go-"  

"No, i'll go out. I was about to head out anyway," Mina announced. 

Nayeon shook her head, trying to get Mina to stay.

Mina scurried off.

Nayeon approached Jeongyeon, who took a bite from her slice of pizza.

She fell to her knees. 

"I'm sorry, my friend...I made a huge mistake-" 

Jeongyeon turned her head, staring daggers at Nayeon. 

Nayeon shuddered.

 

 

 

 

 

Mina walked out of the complex. 

"That's so embarrassing, why did she have to come in at that timing again ?" 

Mina stopped to think. 

 

 

 

The push. 

The way she flinched. 

 

 

 

"There must be something more to it." 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

Mina stepped into the lift. 

"Ms Myoui- Ms Myoui wait for me !" Nayeon called, scurrying into the lift. 

Mina's eyes widened. 

The journey up the lift was quiet. 

Nayeon adjusted her hair and tie. 

"I'm sorry about yesterday." 

Mina gulped. 

"I had no idea that you two would be together. I didn't interrupt you, did I ?" Nayeon asked.

"Of course not." Mina replied. "There was nothing to interrupt going on. "I'm not sure what you were thinking Ms Im, but nothing happened-" 

"Aren't you getting off ?' 

Mina stared at the opened lift doors. It was her stop. It was Nayeon's stop as well.

Mina smiled. 

After you. 

Nayeon smiled back.

After you. 

Mina stepped out of the lift first. 

"It's quite late to tell you this, but Jeongyeon prepared a lot for-" 

Nayeon tripped in between the gap and went stumbling out of the lift. 

"Are you okay ?" Mina asked. 

"Yeah, fortunately, I didn't sprain it. Is it because of my new calcium supplement ?" Nayeon smiled cheekily, stretching her legs. 

Mina noticed Nayeon's exposed ankles.

She turned to Nayeon. 

"By the way... Ms Im, have you seen the vice chairperson's scar around her ankles ?' 

"Have you seen them too ?" 

"Yes." Mina nodded. 

"Do you know how she got that scar ?"

Nayeon shook her head. "I've only seen them once. That's all. When we played basketball together during our times of studying abroad, she always changed clothes alone. I was on my way out and she was getting changed alone in the room. Though it was a quick moment, i got a vivd glimspe of the scars on both of her ankles." 

"Both ankles ?"

"Yes. They seemed quite old. It was more like her ankles were tied to something. You know about people's feelings. I suddenly came to have such thought." 

"Can a simple tied trace be left as a scar like that ?" Mina asked. 

"I have seen an abandoned puppy with a thin leash on his neck in some kind of animal protection program before. He wandered around for a long time with that leash on. He didn't have enough blood circulation and his neck got swollen. The iron leash eventually dug into his flesh-" 

"That's enough." Mina cringed. 

"I'm sorry. I don't know how she got her scars, and her personality would not allow her to tell the story to others. It was a bit awkward to ask her too."

There was a long silence. 

"Speaking of which, when you talked about the abduction that happeend when you were little, I wonder if those scars had something to do with it. But you did say it was her sister, not Jeongyeon. Then how the hell did Jeongyeon get those scars ?"  

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

The vice chairperson's scars, I thought she had it only on one of her ankles. Like Ms Im said, did she get them from being tied ? Those scars are not easy to be made though- 

"What are you writing there, Ms Myoui ?' 

Mina shut the notebook and stared at Yerim.  

Yerim blinked blankly. 

"Oh- oh this is nothing... just some notes-" 

The sound of a monitor crashing.

 

 

 

"MS MYOUI !" 

 

 

 

Yerim and Mina dashed into the office.

Jeongyeon sat shivering in her seat, a hand covering her face. 

Yerim stared in shock. 

Mina looked at the monitor on the floor. 

She snatched a pair of scissors from the table and cut off the cable ties. 

She frantically picked them up, shoving them into her pocket. 

"It's gone, Ms Yoo. Are you all right ?" 

"Who did it ?" 

Mina looked at Yerim, and then back at Jeongyeon.

"I forgot to check as i've been all over the place. I apologise Ms Yoo." 

Jeongyeon sat in her seat, shivering and trembling. 

She stared up at Yerim. 

Yerim looked concerned. 

Jeongyeon botled out of her seat. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yerim- ssi, did you not memorise the precautions I told you ? I'm sure I told you no cable ties are allowed in Ms Yoo's office."

"I'm sorry. I organized the cables with them because I wanted to impress her..."

Mina nodded. 

"She didn't have to get that angry though..." 

"Kim Yerim. What kind of attitude is that ? You're the one who made a mistake." 

"What ?" 

Mina sighed.

"I don't like spiders. Whenever I see one, I almost pass out because I hate it so much. Everyone has a thing or two that they absolutely hate. That's why she's so angry, so i don't appreciate you whining like this." 

"I'm sorry..." 

"You're sorry ?" 

"Yes..." 

"Then lunch for me is on you today." 

"Sure..." 

Yerim looked up. 

"What ?" 

Mina smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sat on a bench in the company, a section far from the employees. 

 

 

Her secret place.

 

 

Mina approached Jeongyeon, a tray in her hands. 

She sat down. 

"Ms Yoo, this is chamomile tea. It will calm you down." 

Jeongyeon took the cup and brought it to her lips. 

She sighed. 

"I'm sorry Ms Yoo. I'll make sure it never happens again." 

Jeongyeon took a deep breath. 

She looked at Mina.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're leaving soon. How are you going to guarantee that ?" 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

"Wow, this is delicious," Jihyo exclaims, taking another bite out of the macaroon. 

"It's melting in my mouth," Chaeyoung stated, full of macaroon. "They look very fancy. Did you prepare them yourself ?" She asked.

"Nope. Ms Im got them as a gift, but she told me to have them," Momo said. She looked around the office. "Where did Sana go ?" 

"She'll take care of he rbusiness outside and come in late," Tzuyu stated. 

"I should put some aside for her then," Momo said. "Three for Satang~" She said as she picked out three macaroons from her box. 

"Yah. Don't you think it's so cheap of you ? You gave us two each. Why does she get three ?" Jihyo pointed out.

"Well you know, we have been best friends for so many years. We came to Korea together from Japan. And I like her." 

Dahyun ears perked up as she turned around. 

"She's cute and charismatic."

Dahyun smiled. 

Momo's phone rang and she picked it up. "Yes ? Ah, yes Ms Im ? Oh you want me back now ? Alright. Yes ma'am !" Momo looked at the others. "You heard her, i have some urgent business to attend to. See you girls later !" Momo scurried off. 

"I'm here~" Sana announced. 

"You're here," the new intern, Ryujin, bowed. 

"Gosh, i wish tomorrow comes quickly. There are just too many things to check for the ceremony. The Art Center has to open quickly so that i can relax a little," Sana lamented. She spotted the three macaroons on her table. "Oh ? What's this ?" Sana asked. "Someone who likes you lef tthem there for you," Jihyo stated. "Someone who likes me ?" Jihyo nodded. Sana heard the door of the pantry shutting and Kim Dahyun walked out, holding a cup of coffee in her hands. It seemed like it was slow motion again. Sana stared endearingly as Dahyun walked past. She remembered how Dahyun had saved her from embarrassment that time in the mountain. She looked so cool. So mature. So hot. Sana's heart was fluttering. She picked up her phone. 

12:54pm Ms Minatozaki: Ms Kim, thank you ^^

Sana picked up a macaroon and took it out of its packet, biting into it with glee. 

"Sana ssi, here's the report for you- oh, you're having those macaroons ?" Tzuyu asked. 

Sana nodded. "I'm having it because they've been given to me, but it's a bit awkward." 

Tzuyu looked confused. 

"I mean, she should have told me privately first. Why did she have to make it so public ?" Sana giggled. 

Jihyo looked at Chaeyoung. 

"What do you mean ? A friend just wanted to express her love to you," Tzuyu clarified. 

"A friend ?" 

"Yes. That's from Momo." Chaeyoung said. 

"W- what did you just say ?" 

"Oh no... were you perhaps thinking that some person might have a crush on you ?" Jihyo teased. 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu burst out laughing. 

"N- no. I never thought that w- way. Ah, for s sake-" Sana stormed out of the office, holding her head in her hands. 

She had made her way to the lift lobby when a figure blocked her path. 

Her eyes widened. 

Dahyun smiled. 

Sana gave out a nervous smile. 

She stepped to her left. Dahyun stepped to her right.

She stepped to her right. Dahyun stepped to her left. 

Sana walked straight ahead. 

"Ms Minatozaki." 

"Yes ?!" Sana's heart pounded as she turned around. 

"What's this message about ? What were you thanking me for ?" Dahyun asked.  

"I- i was just saying that i'm grateful that i can eat three meals a day- I can't even express my gratitude ?!"

Sana stormed off. 

Dahyun blinked. 

"What was she talking about ?"

Sana hid around the corner. She held her chest. 

"Then why did she pick up my bra pad for me that day ? Because of what she did, i've lost my peace of mind..." 

An idea formed in her head. 

 

"I like women who are cute."

 

Sana smiled. 

"So she likes the cute type..." 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Mina sat down at the secretary's desk. "Yerim-ssi, this is the prize for the winners of the workshop treasure hunt," Mina said, handing over two brand new boxes contaning tablets. "Wow... there really is a prize," Yerim said. "Yes. Make sure Mr Tuan gets one too," Mina instructed. "You want me... to give it to him ? Yerim asked. Mina nodded. Yerim stood up and headed out. Mina rubbed her stomach. She was feeling a tiny bit hungry. She opened up her drawer, remembering the caramel sweet she had stored away before. Jeongyeon walked around the corner. She stood infront of the secretary's desk. Mina stood up.  

"Yes, Ms Yoo ? Did you need something ?" Mina asked. 

"Well..." 

Jeongyeon stared at the sweet in Mina's hands. 

She stared back at Mina. 

She snatched the sweet out of her hands, popping it into . 

"I'm going to eat this. My blood sugar just hit rock bottom." 

"That was... the last peiece," Mina pouted. 

Jeongyeon swallowed it. 

She shrugged.

"So what ?" 

Mina smiled. "Never mind." 

Jeongyeon nodded, and was just about to walk into her office. 

She stopped. 

She turned around. 

"I'll overcome it."

Mina stared in silence. 

"I, Yoo Jeongyeon, can overcome anything."

She walked into her office. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Jihyo cracked her neck as she looked over at the files Chaeyoung was showing her. 

She looked up. 

And got the shock of her life. 

Chaeyoung looked up and let out a gasp. 

Sana walked into the office, her cheeks puffy, her hair tied into braids. 

"Sana-ssi. What's up with that hairdo ?" Jihyo asked. 

Dahyun turned around and saw Sana. 

"Well, you know. I didn't think the hairstyle i had earlier really suit Sana, so I changed it up a little, so I can flaunt my cute charm~" Sana stated, aegyo emitting all over.

She sneaked a peek at Dahyun. 

"Did you say "cute" Sana ? Did you mean "pathetic" Sana instead ?" Chaeyoung teased. 

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY- Don't be like that~ If you keep teasing me like that, Sana will get mad at you," Sana huffed. 

"I must say, that hairstyle looks really familiar. Yes ! My mother ! She had her hair like that in her graduation photos," Jihyo pointed out.  

"Yes, you're right ! What's that movie with Kwon Sang Woo staged in the 70s ? Oh yes ! "Once Upon A Time". Han Ga In's hair looked like that," Chaeyoung teased. 

"Once Upon A Time" ?!  Hey, you're- My goodness, you'r really something, Sana ssi," Jihyo said in between giggles. 

Dahyun let out a supressed laugh. 

Sana stared daggers at her. 

Dahyun eyes widened as she looked away.

"Ms Kim is always so quiet, and she rarely laughs. What I said must have really resonated with her. Isn't that right, Ms Kim ? Isn't she a real piece of work-" 

"Shall I teach you a lesson ?" Sana claimed. 

Jihyo and Chaeyoung kept quiet. 

Sana looked at Dahyun and pouted. 

She stormed off. 

"I'll forgive you because i'm cute !" Sana shouted. 

Jihyo and Chaeyoung laughed. 

Dahyun watched as Sana walked away. 

 

 

She's cute. 

 

 

 

 

Sana looked at herself in the mirror. 

"What's wrong with me ? Why can't i get her out of my head ?" She just picked up my bra pad for me, and it's not a big deal." 

She began untying her braids. 

"Forget it. From now on, i won't care what she says or does. She's not even my type anyway."

She rustled her hair. 

She huffed. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Seungyeon flipped through the pages of the diary. 

"My dad got me caramels today. Come visit me. You haven't forgotten about me, right ?" 

Seungyeon smiled. 

 

 

 

 

"Daughter, you're an actress. You should be out in the streets, and not spending the whole day in your study," Mrs Yoo nagged. 

"Sorry mum. I was reading a diary."

"A diary ?" 

"Yes. It was written by the girl I met when I was kidnapped."

Mrs Yoo's face turned into a blank expression. 

"What ?" 

"I wasn't the only one there. She was there with me." 

Mrs Yoo kept quiet. 

"And the two of us somehow escaped that dismal place together," Seungyeon smiled. 

"What... what are you talking about ?" 

"What i'm saying is, I wasn't the only one who was locked up in there. That girl was kidnapped by that woman as well." 

"But that can't be... You came to the police station alone at the break of dawn," Mrs Yoo pointed out.

"Well apparently I walked her home before I went to the police station. It seems weird to find out that after all, I wasn't alone in that scary, dark place." 

Mrs Yoo took a deep breath. 

"I still find it hard to believe. I'm getting a bad feeling for some reason... Seungyeon ah, I don't know who told you that, but don't believe everything."

"Don't you want to know who the girl was ? It's someone you know." 

"What ?" 

"It's Mina."

 

 

 

 

"Myoui Mina."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"I'll overcome it." 

"I, Yoo Jeongyeon, can overcome anything."

"Overcome what ? What happened to Ms Yoo in the past ?" Mina said to herself. 

Her phone rang and she picked it up. 

"Yes, ma'am. How have you been ? Oh, Ms Yoo is in a meeting at the moment."

"I see. Ms Myoui, would you have time to meet with me today ?" 

"Pardon me ?" 

"I'll let Jeongyeon know about it." 

"Sure thing Mrs Yoo."

"Okay." 

She hung up.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"Ms Myoui, I know how busy you are so I appreciate you taking time out like this for me." 

"It's okay, ma'am," Mina smiled. 

"Seungyeon told me everything. She said that you were there with her when you were both young. Is it really true ?" Mrs Yoo asked. 

Mina nodded. "Yes, ma'am. It's true. I was very young back then, so I wasn't too sure, but I happened to read what she wrote and realized it was her."

"Be more specific."

She took a deep breath. 

"I want to know the details. Can you tell me more about what happened ?"

"It was a tiny room, and it was very cold in there. When I got there, I saw a girl, who seemed to have been kidnapped before me, sitting in a corner of the room. I don't remember exactly what happened, but she got mad at me and called me dumb as soon as she saw me." 

"You're dumb aren't you ?"

"I'm not dumb. I'm only five, but I can read books better than my older sister, Minyeon, does."

"I think she felt bad for me because I was kidnapped like she was. And... she tried to make me feel better because I was so scared."

A tear rolled down Mrs Yoo's face.

"Ma'am." Mina called as she handed Mrs Yoo a tissue. 

"I'm alright. Go on. What was it like in there ? Was Kyung okay ?" 

Kyung ?

Mina paused for a moment. 

"From what I remember, she seemed okay. She walked me home after we escaped that house. She evn promised that we would meet again. In my memories, she was a brave and considerate girl, who did her best to protect me."

"Did she get very cold in there ? She gets cold easily."

"She was wearing a sky blue shirt and some sort of jacket."

Mrs Yoo shook her head. 

"No, it wasn't a jacket. It was a cardigan. The fashion designer, Lee Sang-bong, made that cardigan for her. I may be biased because she's my daughter, but it looked amazing on her. That day, I watched her leaving home in it and thought she looked so adorable." 

Mina smiled. 

"Had I made her put on a thicker jacket, she would not have been cold at least. That thought made me beat myself up throughout the four days that she was missing."

"Ma'am."

"Ever since that incident, every day has been like torture for my family. Whenever my two girls were in the same room, Seungyeon attacked Jeongyeon. And Jeongyeon did not know how to deal with it. It was hard to watch."

"Ma'am."

"Yes ?"

"I'm not sure if I can ask you this, but I heard that Ms Yoo lost all of her childhood memories. May I ask what happened ?"

Mrs Yoo sighed. 

"Like I said, every day was like torture for us. Then one day, Jeongyeon fainted in the middle of breakfast. When she regained her consciousness... she could not remember a thing. And... only after that, my family could go back to being somewhat normal again even though things were messed up under the surface."

Mina looked down. 

"But the thing is, Mina-"

"I heard Mina was here. Oh ? You're really here." Seungyeon mentioned, fresh out of the shower.

Mina smiled. 

"You should have called me."

"Well, this is..."

"You should stay for dinner."

"I can't. I'm a bit swamped at work today."

"Really ? Oh well, then i'll see you out. Hold on a minute, okay ? I'll go get changed." 

Mina nodded. 

Her ankles. 

No scars.

"Anyway, what I wanted to... tell you the most was... that I thank you for being by her side that day. Thank you."

Mina smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally, it's tomorrow."

Mina looked at Seungyeon. 

"The Meet & Greet."

Mina smiled. So that was what she meant.

"At first, I regretted agreeing to it and got a bit anxious, but I think I made the right decision. I think it will be fun, and we could meet again like this thanks to it."

Mina smiled. 

"By the way, the sun is very strong today. I hope the summer ends soon."

"I like winter."

"Winter ? But you get cold easily," Mina pointed out. 

"No. I don't get cold that easily."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina sat on the bus, looking out the window. 

Mrs Yoo said that she gets cold easily. But she actually doesn't get cold easily ?

 

"What if we catch a cold ?"

"I'm fine, Ms Yoo."

"I'm worried about myself, not you. I don't want to catch a cold."

"Right, you get cold easily."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Could she be...

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon took a deep breath. 

 

 

"My dad got me caramels today. I saved you many pieces. My sisters tried to eat them all, but I made sure that they could not come anywhere near them."

 

 

"This is my house."

"It is really near."

"By the way, you know, I want to marry you."

"M- marry me ?"

"Promise me."

"I can't."

"Why can't you ?"

"You're a girl. You are supposed to marry a guy or someone you love when you grow up." 

"Then you can love me and I will love you when you grow up !"

"Alright. Let's get married."

"Promise me~"

 

 

"I will come back to see you."

 

 

"Don't touch that. It is really precious to me."

She closed the diary. 

She got up and walked out the door. 

"Thank you." 

She stopped. 

"Thanks to you, I reunited with Mina. Because you abandoned me there that day and because you hired Mina as your secretary. You made everything happen. I sincerely appreciate it."

"All right. Don't stop thanking me. Thanks to me, you will be able to keep seeing Mina. Mina will always be beside me." 

 

 

 

 

"We shall see."

 

 

...

 

 

"You're home, Jeongyeon ?"

"I heard you called for Ms Myoui. I thought she might still be here."

There was a long silence. 

"Mother. I hope you won't call for her again."

"What ?"

"Ms Myoui is very busy."

Mrs Yoo looked disappointed. 

"I will see you at the opening ceremony tomorrow."

Jeongyeon left. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"Why are you so serious ? You didn't even drink."

Jeongyeon kept quiet, staring into the glass she was holding.

Nayeon eyed her best friend suspciously. 

"Is it because of Ms Myoui, by any chance ?"

Jeongyeon scoffed. "No."

"Something happened between you two, right ?"

Jeongyeon didn't answer. 

Nayeon put down her glass. "Listen carefully, buddy. I think dating someone is looking at each other ."

Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon with disgust.

"You're erted."

"That's not it," Nayeon pouted. "I mean you should be completely honest with each other. Let's say you decided to take off your clothes at the same time. She took off all of her clothes. But, you are still wearing a piece of underwear. How embarrassed would she be ?"

Jeongyeon nodded. 

"Even if it's embarrassing, I took off all my clothes. But... why didn't you take off your clothes ? She would feel betrayed, if you catch my point."

"So ?"

"You should take off the underwear in your mind."

"What ?"

"You are hiding something from Ms Myoui, aren't you ?" Nayeon eyed Jeongyeon. 

"I don't know what you are talking about," Jeongyeon shifted in her seat. 

"You see, ever since my wife caught me lying in the beginning of our relationship, I didn't hide anything from her. Why ? Because even if you hide it, a lie only gets bigger with time. In the end, it jeopardizes your relationship. I experienced that myself," Nayeon took a sip from her glass. 

"What was the lie ?"

"I told her she was my first lady," Nayeon snickered. 

Jeongyeon frowned. 

"But on our wedding night, she figured out that was a lie. I went on for too long, but what I essentially want to say is this."

Jeongyeon sat forward. 

"If you are hiding something from her, you should tell her everything before you start dating. Even if that underwear feels like it's a part of you because you had it on for such a long time," Nayeon stated, pointing at Jeongyeon's crotch.  

Jeongyeon sighed. 

"It's not as easy as it seems."

Nayeon put down her glass. 

 

 

 

 

"There are truths... that are too painful to know."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina rolled in her sleep. 

 

 

I'm scared. 

No, Mina, it's just a spider... y- you don't have to be scared

 

 

 

Mina's eyes fluttered open. 

She lay in bed, gasping for air, shivering. 

She sat up and her light. 

The digital clock on her desk showed that it was 00:54.

 

 

What is this dream ?

 

 

I thought I would remember everything when I met the girl.

 

 

Her phone buzzed. 

She picked it up from her desk.

12:55 Ms Yoo: Are you asleep ?

12:55 Mina: I woke up just now. 

12:56 Ms Yoo: I see. I saw the light suddenly turning on. 

 

Mina scrambled to the window and drew back to the curtains. 

There she was. 

As immaculate as she always was. 

Jeongyeon looked up, seeing Mina. She waved.  

Mina smiled. 

She ran to the door, slipping on her slippers and ran down the stairs. 

Jeongyeon was waiting right there. 

Mina grinned.

Jeongyeon pulled out something from her back. A box with a big ribbon it. 

"What is this ?" Mina asked, taking the box. 

"Open it."

And Mina did so. 

She chuckled. 

Dozens of caramel sweets, lying on a bed of paper strips greeted her.  

Jeongyeon smiled. 

"It's an apology for eating the caramel."

"And..."

Mina looked up. 

"I wanted to see you too."

Mina didn't smile. 

Or laugh. 

Or chuckle. 

It was just... 

warmth. 

 

"You should go in now," Jeongyeon said. 

Mina smiled and nodded. 

"Sweet dreams."

Jeongyeon walked back to her car. 

She stopped. 

And turned around. 

They shared moment of just silence, gazing into each other's eyes. 

There was nothing else, but just the two of them. 

Jeongyeon stepped into her car.

Drove off. 

 

 

It's strange...

 

Why do I keep feeling like crying ?

 

 

Mina smiled. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

It was the big day. The grand opening of the Art Center. 

The entire company was buzzing. 

All relevant authorites and personnel stood in the lobby of the art center.

Bouquets of flowers were postioned around the perimeter, all from fellow companies. 

Mr and Mrs Yoo smiled. 

Jeongyeon stood beside Nayeon.

"Our Yoo Group Art Center will contribute to quenching the citizens' thirst for culture and increasing the quality of their lives. Thank you." Nayeon announced. 

Everyone applauded. 

Nayeon smirked at Jeongyeon, who rolled her eyes. 

The grand ribbon was cut by all board members as the whole lobby erupted into applause and camera flashes. 

Mina smiled. 

Jeongyeon didn't. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon walked on the stage, Mina in tow with two other staff carrying notebooks. 

A big banner with the words "Are you human" was designed perfectly on it.

"Did everything go well during the rehearsal ?" Mina asked. 

"Yes. Audio, video and lighting are all perfectly set-up," one of the staff replied. 

"When the journalists arrive, please check if they are on the list," Mina instructed. 

"Yes, I will thoroughly check-" 

"Don't loosen your guard until the end of the event. Please do a good job," Jeongyeon stated. 

The two staff bowed and left. 

"Good job, Ms Myoui." 

Mina's eyes widened. 

"You planned and coordinated everything for this meet & greet to go smoothly."

Mina smiled. 

"You did a good job."

"Thank you."

Jeongyeon chuckled. 

 

Is that so 

 

 

"Ms Gong, the waiting room is that way," Chaeyoung guided. 

"Understood."

 

 

We'll see

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Seungyeon sat in the waiting room. 

"Did you look for me ?" Mina asked, walking into the room. 

"Do you have time ?" 

"Yes. What is it ?"

"I wondered if you could go over my lecture script. Thinking about speaking in front of people makes me a little nervous. Can you help me ?"

Mina nodded and took a seat. 

She flipped through the pages of the script. 

Seungyeon smiled. 

"It's nice," Mina claimed. 

"They will get to know about your values, thoughts, and sentimentality. I bet they will have a great time."

"Do you think so ?"

Mina smiled. 

"I am relieved to hear that from you."

"I will get going then," Mina stated.

"Wait, Mina." 

Seungyeon grabbed her hand. 

Mina's eyes widened. 

Seungyeon turned her head. 

"You're here."

Mina shook Seungyeon's hand off. 

"Did you finish talking to the head of the hall ?" Mina asked. 

Jeongyeon did not answer. 

Seungyeon chukcled.

"Why do you look so serious ? Mina came to go over my script for the meet & greet."

"If you can't even do that alone, you shouldn't be doing the session."

Seungyeon's face turned. 

"Let's go." 

She waked off. 

Mina ran after Jeongyeon. 

Seungyeon smirked. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"Ms Yoo." 

Jeongyeon stopped in her tracks.

"What you saw is-" 

"Ms Yoo," Dahyun called. 

Jeongyeon turned her head. 

"The chairman is looking for you."

Jeongyeon followed Dahyun. 

Mina sighed.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"Are you human was a big hit. It did significantly well in the box office as soon as it came out. Isn't she amazing, everyone ?" 

Cheers and applause erupted in the hall from the fangirls and fanboys. 

Mrs Yoo smiled brightly. 

Mina clapped. 

"I can't believe Seungyeon decided to show herself to the public instead of always hiding behind her mask. I love it," Mrs Yoo told Mina.

She put a hand on Mina's. 

"You made it all happen."

Mina smiled. "That's not true."

Mina kept a look out for Jeongyeon. 

And there she was. 

On the far side of the hall. 

"Excuse me, ma'am." Mina got up to leave.

"So, Ms Gong, your new movie is titled "Are you human". Celebrities like you have been known to act all high and mighty due to their fama nd riches. But have you met someone that made you human ?"

"I have just recently."

Mina turned around. 

"I reunited with the woman who stayed with me when I was little and trapped in the dark."

Jeongyeon frowned. 

"I definitely would not have been able to bear it if I was all my myself. But she was there for me. I won't let go of her." 

Seungyeon was staring straight at Mina. 

Mina was dumbfounded. 

"I will risk everything to protect her. I guess you could say she makes me human."

The hall burst into applause. 

Mina looked at Jeongyeon on the other end of the hall. 

Their eyes locked. 

Jeongyeon walked away. 

Mina followed. 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Mina ran aimlessly, trying to find that familiar back that she has seen for nine years of her life.

She saw her. 

The clack of heels against the marble flooring made Jeongyeon stop in her tracks. 

Mina stood infront of Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon huffed. 

"What's going on ?"

 

 

 

"I have something to tell you."

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

They made their way to the road leading into the Art Center, a couple of metres away from the guard house. 

They were alone. 

Jeongyon turned around.

Face to face with Mina.

"What is it that you want to tell me ?"

"It's a misunderstanding."

"What is ?"

"What you heard just now... and what you saw a while ago are all misunderstandings."

"You don't need to explain. I told you I would bear everything."

Mina shook her head. 

"No. I will explain. I want to make it clear."

Jeongyeon shoved her hands into her pockets.

"Why are you telling me this so suddenly ?"

"I don't want there to be any more misunderstandings between us."

Mina took a deep breath. 

"You might misunderstand me and we might grow apart."

Mina's eyes were watery. 

"And i'm scared of that."

Jeongyeon took a deep breath.

"Why ?"

 

 

 

 

 

"Because I like you."

 

 

 

 

 

Warm.

 

 

 

 

 

"You professed your feelings to me so many times. I am sorry that i'm so late."

 

 

 

 

 

Warmth. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I like you."

 

 

 

 

 

Mina turned around to leave. 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon stopped her. 

 

 

 

She was pulled in for a hug. 

 

 

 

She gave it back. 

 

 

 

They seperated. 

 

 

 

Eyes locked. 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon's hand on the back of Mina's neck. 

 

 

 

She leaned in.

 

 

 

She flinched. 

 

 

 

Mina got startled. 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon stood. Gasping. Shivering. Trembling. 

 

 

 

Mina cupped Jeongyeon's face in her hands. 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon's stomach jolted, her eyes gazing into Mina's

 

 

 

Mina's lips pressed against Jeongyeon's own.

 

 

 

Instinct took over, returning it. 

 

 

 

There was nobody else. 

 

 

 

Just Jeongyeon.

 

 

 

Just Mina.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And finally

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know how long you guys have been waiting for that sweet, sweet moment. And it has finally come. Thank you for waiting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ir2IflOHv4 (Theme song)

Thank you everyone for the support on this fic i really appreciate it :) 

Follow me on twitter: @yooinmahheart and turn on notifs to be notified when my next chapter will be up !

#WWWSM (Official hashtag)