Go on a date

What's Wrong With Secretary Myoui ?

 

 


Mina, dumbfounded to see her narcissist of a boss standing infront of her, and she struggled to find the words to express her thoughts. 


"Ms Yoo ? I- Ms Im-" 


Jeongyeon chuckled. 


"What are you doing here Ms Yoo ? I'm here to meet Ms Im," Mina stuttered. 


"Ms Im isn't coming. I told her to ask you to come," Jeongyeon replied. 


"What ? I mean why would you do that ? You could've just told me directly," Mina said.


"If i asked you personally, you would've felt uncomfortable." 


Jeongyeon had got it spot on. 


"Alright then. Let's go." 


"But this place is already closed, Ms Yoo." Mina stated. 


"Closed ?"


Jeongyeon smirked. 


"Is that a problem ?" 


"I have the free pass," Jeongyeon claimed. 


With that, Jeongyeon walked off in the direction of the rides, waving a hand, signalling for Mina to follow her. 


"Eh... ?" 

 

 


...

 

 


"No... no..."


They were seated on the T Express. And Mina was definitely not a fan of rollercoasters. As the cart carrying the couple descended, Mina screamed at the top of the lungs, while Jeongyeon sat beside her, stone faced and with her arms folded across her chest. As the ride went on, Mina kept glancing over at her boss, and the Vice Chairperson displayed the same expressionless face throughout the whole ride. No sense of fear nor anxiety. Mina was absolutely flabbergasted. 


After that absolute horror of a ride for Mina, the couple was now seated on the viking ship, which Mina was yet again not a very big fan of. 


"Ms Yoo. I can't- i can't- i can't..." Mina stuttered. 


"Don't be so polite, Ms Myoui. Just enjoy the ride." Jeongyeon replied. 


"But still- this is... i can't-" 


Mina was panicking and she just couldn't sit still. Her hands were on her head as she witnessed the horror that was the viking ship rocking back and forth repeatedly. However, as the ride went on, Mina found herself laughing out loudly. She found herself to be enjoying the ride. 


"Do you enjoy it that much ?" Jeongyeon asked.


Jeongyeon took Mina's hand. With every rock, Jeongyeon raised her hand, raising Mina's hand along with hers. 


"Hooray !" Jeongyeon shouted with every rock of the ship. 


The ride on the viking ship was over and they were headed to their next ride. 


"Ms Myoui. Now, let us ride the Hurricane Boom Boom which spins 360 degrees in the air at 17 metres above the ground-"


Mina was a shell of her former self. She was exhausted after shouting and screaming and she stumbled a bit while walking.


Jeongyeon noticed that. 


"What's wrong, Ms Myoui ?" 


"I... i'm too scared," Mina replied. 


"If you're scared then why did you ride it ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"You asked me to ride it, Ms Yoo."


"I thought you liked it." 


Mina gulped. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

The couple was seated on a bench. Mina with a bottle of water in her hands and Jeongyeon seated with her hands in her pockets.


"Ms Myoui, are you okay ?" Jeongyeon asked.


"Yes of course i am Ms Yoo. How about you ? Are you okay ? You rode the rides twice, are you not scared ?" Mina asked. 


"Of course i'm not." 


"Fear is not something you can feel by just riding a ride." Jeongyeon replied. 


"Then... what are you scared of, Ms Yoo ?" Mina teased. 


"That's..." 


Mina was looking forward to what Jeongyeon was about to say. 


"... none of your business. Let's go," Jeongyeon replied. 


"Are we going to ride the Hurricane Boom Boom, Ms Yoo ?" Mina asked. 


"No. We are going to ride what you want to ride, Ms Myoui." Jeongyeon replied with a smile. 


Mina's face lit up as she gave off her gummy smile. 


Mina was riding the carousel. Jeongyeon opted to pass on this ride, and she stood by the carousel, watching her secretary smile and being a complete dork while riding a ride meant for children.  


"Ms Yoo !" Mina called as she waved hysterically at Jeongyeon. 


Jeongyeon raised a hand and smiled. 


Mina was living in what seemed her childhood dream. She pat the behind of the horse that she was seated on. She yelled "giddy-up" in a child like way. It was almost as if she was a kid again. 


"Ms Yoo ! Get on and join me ! It's not scary at all !" Mina yelled and waved. 


Jeongyeon raised a hand again and smiled back. But this time, her smile was wider. 𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘔𝘴 𝘔𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘪 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 ? 


Jeongyeon smiled and chuckled at Mina's antics. 


Mina was having the time of her life. 


"This feels nice..."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Are you really not going to ride ? It's very fun !" Mina exclaimed. 


"I'm fine. I already had my fill watching you ride it 7 times," Jeongyeon replied. 


Mina felt her face turn red. 


"I apologise... i got too excited," Mina smiled sheepishly. 


"Was it really that fun ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


Mina nodded her head excitedly. 


"Yes. To be honest, i've always wanted to ride a merry-go-round. My family once came here when i was little and i wanted to ride the merry-go-round. But i only got to watch it," Mina answered. 


"And why is that ?" Jeongyeon asked.


"Well... it's difficult to get an all you can ride pass when you have 3 kids," Mina replied. 


"And even if my parents had bought it, i was too scared and too cowardly to take full advantage of it anyway," Mina stated with a smile. 


"But still, i managed to have one of my wishes fulfilled today," Mina said with a grin. 


Jeongyeon smiled. 


"That's good to hear." 

 

 

 


...

 

 

 


They were seated in a restaurant. Just the two of them seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant. 


Jeongyeon was cutting her steak but was having difficulty doing so.


"This steak seems a little bit tough," Jeongyeon said. 


"Should i call the chef over ?" Mina asked. 


"Its alright, just enjoy your meal," Jeongyeon answered. 


Jeongyeon was done cutting her steak into small, sizable pieces. She proceeded to swap plates with Mina, her already cut steak now placed directly infront of her secretary. 


"It's a bit difficult to cut," Jeongyeon mentioned, setting down Mina's uncut steak infront of herself. 


"Thank you," Mina thanked Jeongyeon with a smile.


Jeongyeon smiled back. 


"If i had known that we were coming to a restaurant as fancy as this, i would've dressed up a bit more..." Mina mentioned.


"It's fine," Jeongyeon assured. "There's no one else here besides us anyway." 


Mina looked around her surrondings. There 𝘸𝘢𝘴 nobody around except the both of them. 


"There really isn't anyone here," Mina mentioned. 


"I rented the place," Jeongyeon stated. 


"Pardon ?" 


Mina thought about it for a while. 


"Ms Yoo, what's been going on with you today ?" Mina asked. 


"Nothing much really. You've worked so hard for me for so long. Yet i felt like i never properly thanked you for it. This is my farewell gift to you for working so hard, Ms Myoui." Jeongyeon answered. 


Mina smiled. 


Mina stared out the window in the direction of the merry-go-round, a distant look in her eyes. 


"Why ?" Jeongyeon asked, lookimg at ther secretary. "Was riding it 7 times not enough for you ?" 


"I think it was near the merry-go-round..." Mina stated. 


"Hmm ?" 


"This place used to be a cluster of apartments where i used to live at before it was demolished and turned into the amusement park. I have a feeling that my old house was somewhere near that merry-go-round." 


Jeongyeon nodded. "Who knows ? It could've been at where the haunted house is, or maybe even where the public toilets are at," she claimed. 


"Come on, that's too much," Mina whined. 


Jeongyeon laughed. 


"Just kidding," she said with a smile. 


Mina chuckled. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

The couple were on a cruise down the Han River. They didn't bother to sit down, and were standing next to each other looking out over the river. It was just the both of them on the cruise. 


Mina took in a deep breath. 


"Its so..." 


A strong gust of cold wind blew. 


"cold," Mina said, shivering as she spoke.


"Yes it's very cold indeed," Jeongyeon agreed. 


Mina reached into her handbag and fished out a pink coloured scarf. 


Jeongyeon raised a hand. 


"Ah, there's no need for that. I'm not a fan of pink," Jeongyeon stated. 


Mina's eyes widened. 


"Ah... i took this out to put it on myself." 


Jeongyeon nodded her head in acknowledgement, turning her head away. She felt her face turn red.


"Ms Yoo. In situations like this, it would be nice if you could have taken the initiative, like offering your coat to me for example," Mina hinted. 


Jeongyeon thought about it. 


"Who cares about initiative when it's this cold out ?" she asked. 


"Right," Mina replied, rolling her eyes.


All of a sudden, fireworks could be seen in the distance, shooting out into the night sky. Fireworks of different colours. Red, green and purple. 


Mina gasped in awe at the sight of the fireworks. 


She turned to Jeongyeon.


"Wow... there must be a special event somewhere else..." Mina wondered. 


"No," 


"I prepared this," Jeongyeon stated. 


Mina was dumbfounded. 


"What ?" 


"I told you. This is your farewell gift." 


Mina looked at her boss with immense gratitude and delight. She continued to gaze at the fireworks, allowing herself to get mesmerized by the beauty of this wonderful fireworks show. 


"Wow... aren't they pretty ?" Mina asked. 


Jeongyeon smiled at her secretary. 


"Yes,"


"They're pretty..."


Jeongyeon took off her coat and placed it over Mina. 


"What ? Oh i'm fine-"


"You mentioned that at times like this i'm supposed to take the inititative," Jeongyeon stated.


For a moment, their eyes locked. 


They immediately turned away, awkwardness slowly creeping in. 


They looked at each other again but turned away when their eyes locked again.


"Ah... isn't it pretty ?" Mina tried desperately to change the topic. 


"Yes..." Jeongyeon replied. 


Jeongyeon was mesmerized by the sheer beauty of it. 


𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺.

 

 

 


...

 

 

 


Jeongyeon was driving and Mina was riding shotgun. Suddenly, Jeongyeon sneezed and Mina was taken aback by the sudden sneeze. She realized she was still wearing Jeongyeon's coat. 


"Oh ! I'm so sorry, here's your coat back," Mina said as she frantically took off the coat and placed it onto Jeongyeon's lap. 


Jeongyeon looked at Mina before passing the coat back to her secretary. 


"It's ok you keep it. I'm getting tired of that coat already. You can either keep it or throw it out." 


"Alright..." Mina accepted the coat back and smiled to herself.


"At any rate, thank you so much for today.  
I really had a great time. I guess i could say that i got everything i wanted, all thanks to you," Mina remarked.


Jeongyeon smiled. 


"I know right ?"


"What ?" Mina asked. 


Jeongyeon turned to Mina, a big smirk on her face. 


That's when it hit Mina. 


𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘺.


1. If you had a boyfriend, where would you want to go with him ? Write your answer. 

𝘈𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘬.


2. If you had a boyfriend, what would you like to do with him ? Write you answer. 

𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸


"Eh ?"

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Thank you for giving me a ride home," Mina thanked Jeongyeon. 


"By the way Ms Yoo-" Mina wanted to ask Jeongyeon about the survey. 


"Wait a second, i have something for you," Jeongyeon claimed. 


Jeongyeon headed to the trunk of her car. 


Mina was looking forward to what the Vice Chairperson was going to pull out. 


𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥...


𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘺.


"Dont tell me..." Mina asked. 


Jeongyeon looked up.


"you have a giant stuffed toy in there," 


Jeongyeon smiled. 


"Yes i do." 

 

3. If you had a boyfriend, what would you like to get as a gift ? Write you answer. 

𝘈 𝘨𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘺.


Mina couldn't believe it. 


Jeongyeon couldn't believe it either and she smiled. 


"You've worked hard like a cow until now, so i'm giving you this stuffed cow doll," Jeongyeon said as she pulled out a huge cow doll from the trunk.


Mina laughed.


"It's name is Hardworking Cow, take good care of it."


Jeongyeon presented the cow doll to Mina. 


"Aish... i thought it was such a strange survey," Mina stated. 


"I wanted to give you gifts, so i wanted to give you what you wanted," Jeongyeon claimed. 


Mina accepted the cow doll with much pleasure.


"Thank you so much for preparing all this for me." 


"Don't mention it. I'm willing to do this much if it's for you." Jeongyeon said. 


Mina smiled. 


"If you think that giving me all of this will make me change my mind, then i'm afraid that you're wrong," Mina stated. 


Jeongyeon chuckled. 


"I just can't get you, can i Ms Myoui ?" 


"If there's nothing much then i'll go inside now." 


Jeongyeon raised a hand. 


"Wait." 


"What ?"


"There's..."


"one more thing that you asked for."

 


3. If you had a boyfriend, what would you like to receive as a gift ? Write your answer.


A giant stuffed toy, 

 

𝘢𝘯𝘥...

 

𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦.

 

Mina remembered what she wrote. 

 

Jeongyeon walked towards Mina, her hands in her pockets.

 

They locked eyes. 

 

Jeongyeon leaned in for the kiss. 

 

It was as if it was in slow motion. 

 

Jeongyeon's lips were right at the doorstep of Mina's. 

 

Soft. 

 

Soft ? 

 

A doll ?

 

Hardworking Cow was pressed onto Jeongyeon's lips, the only thing standing between Jeongyeon and Mina. 

 

Mina smiled sheepishly. 

 

Jeongyeon was embarrassed by the denial. 

 

"Go home safely~" Mina grinned as she scurried off, walking up the steps to her studio apartment. 

 

Jeongyeon leaned against her car, chuckling to herself, still embarrassed about being denied a kiss.

 

Mina entered her apartment, hugging Hardworking Cow tightly to her chest. 

 

She sat down on the couch in her living room, smiling to herself. 

 

𝘚𝘰𝘧𝘵.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was back in her home, hair tied up into a bun, with her bangs resting on her forehead. She picked up a bottle of pocari sweat.


"Can't get her my ," she thought to herself. 


"The curse of the blockbuster has already begun, and she has no idea about it." 


A smirk formed on Jeongyeon's lips. 

 

 

...

 

 

Mina was getting ready for bed, applying moisturiser to her face. She stared at Hardworking Cow, who was lying comfortably on her bed. She smiled. She noticed that the yellow pouch slung across Hardworking Cow was not empty, and she reached a hand in, fishing out whatever that was inside. It was a box. A box with a blue ribbon. She opened the box with great curiosity. 


It was a necklace. 


A diamond necklace. 


"Wow !" 


She closed the box immediately and put it back into the yellow pouch.


"Wait why would she buy something like this for me ?" Mina thought.


Her phone that was placed on her desk beeped, notifying her that someone had sent her a message. She picked up her phone. It was Eunha. 


Eunha: Hi Mina~ Do you remember your blind date with Jinyoung's friend tomorrow ? 


"Oh yea... i almost forgot about it," Mina muttered. 


Mina: Oh that's right, i almost forgot about it...


Eunha: It's alright. Just remember to meet him tomorrow and not to embarrass me~ 


Mina: Noted... Ms Park.


Eunha: Aish we're not even married yet...


Mina: It's still fun to tease~


Eunha: Fine suit yourself. I have to go now, good night Mina yah.


Mina: Good night Eunha~ 


Mina put her phone down and went to bed.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was standing infront of the full body mirror she had in her room, adjusting her outfit. She was done. She picked up her handbag and was about to leave her house when she saw Hardworking Cow lying on her bed. She started to smile as she recalled the events of the previous night. She began to giggle. She sat back down on her bed, staring at that outrageously big cow doll on her bed. 


"Hardworking Cow, guard my house well," she said while giving the doll a pat on its nose. She remembered the necklace and fished its box out from the doll's yellow pouch. She left her house, giving Hardworking Cow one last smile. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon walked past Mina's desk and into her office. Mina got up from her seat and bowed. Jeongyeon raised a hand in acknowledgment. Mina glanced at the Vice Chairperson, who took off her blazer and hanging it on the coat rack as she entered her office. She took out the box containing the necklace from her handbag, stood up and walked into Jeongyeon's office.


"Ms Yoo," Mina called.


Jeongyeon turned her head to look at her secretary. 


"I found this in Hardworking Cow's pouch," Mina said as she showed Jeongyeon the box with the blue ribbon. 


"Yes, you must have because i put it in there," Jeongyeon replied. 


"Is... is it mine ?" Mina asked. 


"If it's not yours then is it Hardworking Cow's ?" 


"Oh that makes sense..." Mina muttered. 


"But i didn't write anything about a necklace in the survey," Mina stated. 


"I always go beyond people's expectations," Jeongyeon answered with a smile on her face. 


Mina's focus was not on the necklace now as she glanced towards Jeongyeon's tie. 


"Why ? Am i too cool for you to handle ?" Jeongyeon asked as she noticed that her secretary was silent. 


"Your tie is crooked," Mina stated. 


"Ah. I see." 


Mina put down the box and stepped forward, adjusting Jeongyeon's tie and making sure that it was straight. 


Jeongyeon noticed that Mina was really close to her, and since she was taller than Mina, she looked down, staring at her secretary. 


Mina looked up and met Jeongyeon's eyes. 


𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦.


Mina recalled the close call with Jeongyeon infront of her house. She managed to get away thanks to Hardworking Cow, but right now, there wasn't any massive cow doll to spare her a sweet kiss with her boss. 


But Jeongyeon didn't have any intention of kissing Mina. Not in the office. 


Mina backed away from Jeongyeon, clearly flustered. 


"If there's nothing much i'll take my leave," Mina stated as she walked away. 


"Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon called.


Mina turned around. 


Jeongyeon pointed towards the box on the table. 


Mina gave Jeongyeon a nervous laugh, picking up the box and scurrying out the office. 


Jeongyeon sat down on the couch, smiling to herself. 


Mina was now seated at her secretary's desk. She was still flustered and desperately fanned herself and tried to calm herself down. "Why is my heart racing so quickly ?" Mina thought to herself. She peeked into Jeongyeon's office and saw the Vice Chairperson seated on the couch, reading a book. She opened the box and stared at the necklace. It was shimmering under the light and it looked so pretty. Mina put the necklace on. 


From inside her office, Jeongyeon looked up from reading her book and caught a glimpse of Mina putting on her necklace. Jeongyeon smiled to herself. 


Mina picked up a mirror and checked herself out. The necklace looks great on her porcelain white skin. She looked up from the mirror and saw Jeongyeon looking at her from inside the office. The Vice Chairperson looked away and pretended to look engrossed in her book. Mina smiled, feeling shy. 


Jeongyeon looked up from her book. Mina was still looking at herself in the mirror. Without knowing it, Jeongyeon's smile had turned into a grin.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was now in the female restroom, still checking out her new necklace. All of a sudden her phone rang. She fished it out of her pocket and saw that it was Eunha calling her. 


"Yes Eunha ?" 


"Minari~ You remember about your blind date today right ?" 


"Yes i do Eunha," Mina said, rolling her eyes. 


"You texted me last night and even told me not to embarrass you." 


"Ah yes..."


"Anyways, good luck. If both of you get married you better buy me a handbag," Eunha stated. 


"Aish... it's only a blind date, it's not like we're going to get married for sure." 


"Hey who knows ?" Eunha teased. 


Mina rolled her eyes, "Whatever, thank you anyway Eunha."


"No problem Minari~ Good bye and good luck !" 


"Thanks, bye~" 


Mina put her phone back in her pocket. 

 

It was a guy yes, but there's a chance right ?


Fron behind Mina emerging from a cubicle was Yerim, who smiled mischievously at Mina.


"Ms Myoui~ Are you going on a blind date today ?" asked Yerim. 


Mina turned around in shock and came face to face with her protégé. Feeling embarrassed, she took hold of Yerim's hands. 


"Yerim, i feel quite embarrassed about it so can you please keep it a secret ?" Mina asked. 


"Of course i can," said Sana, emerging from the adjoining cubicle to the one Yerim emerged from. 


Sana smiled sheepishly at Mina, with a mischievous look on her face.


"Gosh, you were so busy before that you didn't even have a chance to think about it," Sana stated as the 3 girls walked out of the restroom. 


"It's you first blind date isn't it ?" Sana asked at the top of her voice.


"Are you serious ? Oh my goodness," Yerim said.


2 employees walked past the 3 girls and upon hearing it, they started to whisper things to each other. Mina was clearly embarrassed as her face started to turn red. 

 

"Anyways, i hope you take this opportunity to go and make your first boyfriend," Sana said. 


"She has no experience in dating ? Wow, oh my goodness," Yerim asked. 


Both girls started to laugh and giggle which made Mina stop in her tracks. They noticed that Mina now had an annoyed expression on her face and they both piped down immediately. 


"Girls, that's enough," Mina announced. 


"Okie dokie~" Both girls responded and chortled loudly. 


"You won't know what to do on your first blind date so let me tell you what. You can bring one of his friends along and invite me to come along so that we-" Sana began as her voice grew louder and louder with every word.  


Mina rolled her eyes and stormed off, annoyed with her coworkers. 


Yerim giggled. "She must not like the idea."


Sana stared daggers at Yerim. "Is it that funny ?" Yerim gave Sana an awkward smile. "No it isn't... Ms Myoui ! Wait for me !" Yerim called as she scurried off. 


Sana pouted. 


"Aish... what i would give for a blind date of my own... "Hi i'm Minatozaki Sana" I want to be able to do things like that as well," she lamented, having a little fit.  

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Chaeyoung ah, have you prepared the Vice chairperson's speech for tomorrow's company annual track meet ?" Jihyo asked. 


"Of course, Ms Park. You see, i graduated from Hanlim Arts, one of the finest high school's in Korea, so you can expect that whatever i've done, is on time and not only that, its also perfect," Chaeyoung responded, a smirk on her face. 


"I'll be the one deciding whether its good or a piece of so Son Chaeyoung just give me the paper. And by the way, what's with the "Ms Park" ? I already told you not to call me that," Jihyo said, rolling her eyes. 


"Yes ma'am," Chaeyoung replied, raising her hand for a salute.


Jihyo chuckled. 


"Ah yes, Tzuyu ah. Are you done preparing the gifts for all the employees ?" 


"Of course. I had it shipped to the gym at 10am tomorrow morning." 


"Okay good job. Here's one more thing." Jihyo announced as she stood up. 


Chaeyoung and Tzuyu looked at their division manager. 


"Ms Yoo puts a great importance on physical contact with her employees. There's no other chance except for this track meet. So let's not make any mistakes." Jihyo announced. 


"Yah. Ji, You're doing the things with you hands again. It makes you look like you're holding a baby," Chaeyoung stated. 


"So let's not make any mistakes. Have i made myself clear Son Chaeyoung ?"


"Yes, ma'am," Chaeyoung said. 


"Don't worry about it Jihyo. We can do this," Tzuyu stated. 


"Let's get to work people," Jihyo said, clapping her hands. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Yerim walked into Jeongyeon's office, holding a tray of snacks and tea meant for the Vice Chairperson. Jeongyeon was looking down at her work but looked up when she saw Yerim approaching her desk.


"How about Ms Myoui ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"Ms Myoui ? Did you want her to dine with you ? I can get another tray for her and call her in-" 


"I meant why are you here instead of Ms Myoui. Why are you sending that to me instead of Ms Myoui. I'm asking for her 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴." Jeongyeon stated.


"Oh, well Ms Myoui wanted me to send this to you from now on," Yerim clarified. 


"Oh, is that so..." Jeongyeon looked disappointed. 


Yerim walked forward and set the tray down onto Jeongyeon's desk. Jeongyeon let out a sigh and resumed with her work. "I know i lack in many ways," Yerim started. "But i'm going to work really hard, taking Ms Myoui as my role model. I heard she was going on her first blind date at last because she was so busy before. I was so motivated by it..." 


"Yes, alright-" 


Jeongyeon looked up. 


"Did you just say blind date ?" 


Yerim's eyes widened. 


"N-no." 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was now seated on a couch in Nayeon's office. Her head was resting on her hand and she was deep in thought. 


"I've scheduled a meeting with the CEO and directors of SM Hotel. The preparation of Yoo Art Hall is underway and going smoothly..." Nayeon began.


"and Ms Myoui is going on a blind date." 


"How dare she wear the necklace that I, Yoo Jeongyeon gave her and go on a blind date," she lamented. 


"Well, going on a blind date is of no use to her anyway," Jeongyeon stated. 


"They'll become a couple," Nayeon muttered.


"What ?" 


"Yah how did you even hear that ? I was muttering under my breath..." 


"I, Yoo Jeongyeon is perfect and great in any aspect and that includes my hearing skills," Jeongyeon stated. 


Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Think about it. Obviously an ordinary man will come out. That's exactly what she wants." 


"Ms Myoui isn't interested in men." 


"And how do you know that for sure ?" 


"She told me herself." 


"Ah i see." 


"So then like i was saying, she wants to date an ordinary 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 and get married to her." 


Jeongyeon chuckled. "No way. She has already been put under a curse." 


"Curse ?" 


"Yes, the curse of the blockbuster." 


"Why do you keep talking about it since the last time ?" 


"What on earth is the curse about ?" 


Jeongyeon smirked. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was waiting for her blind date. "It was a guy yes, but i could be biual right ?" she thought to herself. She had came out before and proclaimed herself as gay before. There could be a chance right ? A chance for her to be biual or maybe even straight. 


A guy walked up to Mina. "Ms Myoui Mina ?" Mina looked at him. He was wearing a 3 piece suit with a blue tie. A neat haircut as well. Blonde. "I saw your pictures on social media so i recognised you easily," the guy claimed. "I'm your blind date, Kim Seokjin. But you can call me Jin," he said as he gave a slight bow. "Oh hi," Mina greeted him with a smile. "You must be hungry right ? I searched for a delicious restaurant nearby so let's head there quickly." With that, he walked off in the direction of the restaurant, leaving behind an awkward Mina. She followed him hastily. 


They arrived at the restaurant. It was a Japanese restaurant. Famous, but small. Mina and Jin was in the line outside the restaurant waiting for their turn to take their seats. "This restaurant is quite famous so they don't allow bookings of that sort," Jin claimed. "It's okay, we can wait," Mina replied with a smile. "Should i go get a menu so that we can decide what we want to eat while waiting ?" Jin asked to Mina. "Yes, go ahead then," Mina replied. "Alright then, don't feel lonely, i'll be back," Jin said as he walked off into the restaurant. Mina was able to relax. It was her first blind date and she was fairly nervous. Jin's overly formal behaviour didn't help much either. 


They were now seated in the restaurant. It was a pretty small room, with only around 30 tables, 15 on each side of the room. The tables could only sit 2 people, for this restaurant was frequented mostly by couples. Even so, the space in between one table from the next was minimal, and customers usually had to squeeze through the little gaps to get out from their seat. Mina was seated on the inside,  with her back to the wall, seated directly opposite Jin. They were having the same dish, Japanese pork cutlet. "It's a really famous place," Jin mentioned. "They piled 16 layers of meat together and deep fried them into 1. It's the traditional Japanese pork cutlet," he said as he cut his cutlet into sizable pieces. "Ah i see," Mina responded as she proceeded to cut her cutlet. "Hold on," Jin said. "What ?" Mina replied. Jin took his cutlet and swapped plates with Mina's, his cut pork cutlet now in Mina's hands and her uncut pork cutlet now in Jin's hands. "Eat this one," Jin suggested. "Thank you," Mina said. Jin smiled. At this sight, Mina was reminded of how Jeongyeon did the same thing at Everland but with that tough piece of steak. How Jeongyeon smiled at Mina when she thanked her. Mina smiled to herself at the thought but brushed it out of her mind. 


"I'm not sure if i should tell you this when we just met, but you're really beautiful," Jin said. Mina was taken aback at the sudden confession and was at a loss of words. 


"Your image-" 


"Ah hot !" The woman at the adjoining table said out loud. 


"is very hot," Jin said, a slip of his tongue. 


"What ?" Mina asked. 


"Ah- i'm so sorry, i meant that you image is very 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦," Jin apologised and corrected himself. 


"Ah, ok... thank you," Mina said. 


At this moment, the restaurant's chef announced the arrival of new customers with a loud "Welcome !" 


Jin leaned forward. "Mina, don't you think this place is a little bit too loud," he whispered. 


"Yes it actually is," Mina replied. 


The lady at the adjoining table stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder. Because of the limited space in between the tables, Mina got a bag in the face and flinched. "You should be more careful with that," Jin stated. At this moment, the lady's friend accidentally knocked over some chopsticks that was on Jin and Mina's table. "Oh my ! You might break something !" Jin shouted out loud to the lady. Jin turned to Mina, apologising for his sudden raise in voice. "Get out of here !" Jin shouted to the lady and her friend. Once again, Jin turned back to Mina. "I'm so sorry, my voice was a bit too loud there," Jin apologised. Mina gave Jin an awkward smile. She looked around the busy restaurant. It was packed like sardines. All of a sudden, she remembered another restaurant. The restaurant in Everland. The only difference is, there was nobody around then, only Mina and Jeongyeon. 


"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥."


"𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦." 


Mina chuckled at the thought. What was she thinking about ? She brushed the idea off her mind and picked up her fork, stabbing at a piece of her pork cutlet, bringing it up to .


"Wait." 


"What ?" 


"That's my pork cutlet."


"What ?"


"That's my favourite part of the pork cutlet, the edge of the pork cutlet. it's crispy, tender and great textures," Jin stated. 


"Oh, i'm so sorry, i'll return it back to you," Mina said frantically as she placed the slice of pork back down onto Jin's plate. 


"Thank you," Jin said. 


"Do you want mine too ?" Mina asked. 


"No, that's quite alright i have plenty," Jin replied, digging into his pork cutlet. 


Mina's cheeks went red. 


𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 ? 𝘏𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥. 


The image of Jeongyeon emerging from behind the fountain and walking towards her flashed in Mina's mind. Mina once again brushed the image out of her mind. 


"Why do i keep thinking about her ? What's going on with me ?" Mina thought. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Let me tell you about the curse of the blockbuster," Jeongyeon began. 


Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked into a squash court, decked out in sports attire. 


"Let's say that you watched a high quality blockbuster filmed with the investment worth millions of dollars. Then you watch a B-rated movie, filmed with only a limited amount of investment," Jeongyeon stated while limbering up. 


"Would you feel satisfied with the second movie ?" Jeongyeon asked Nayeon. 


"Well, maybe i'll feel slightly bored," Nayeon replied, doing some squats.


"Exactly," Jeongyeon said.


"I rented a whole amusement park, restaurant, cruise ship and even set up a firework show. I escorted her to a blockbuster like date." 


"So, she won't be able to date an ordinary man anymore," Jeongyeon stated.


"I don't think so," 


Jeongyeon looked at her friend.


"I think she would be able to. Explains why she's going for a blind date today," Nayeon stated. 


"I like B-rated movies," she added on. 


If looks could kill, Nayeon would have gone to meet her maker by now.


"Let's go," Nayeon announced. 


Jeongyeon smashed the squash ball, rebounding it at such speed towards Nayeon, making the older girl yelp in terror. 


"You should've told me when you started," Nayeon said, giving Jeongyeon an awkward smile. 

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

 

...

 

 

 

"Isn't the coffee great ? I searched pretty hard for a place like this," Jin stated. 


Mina and Jin were now in a small café. It was a nice place. A nice ambience, very relaxing and also well decorated. Very quiet as well, a place ideal for couples. 


"Oh it smells very nice," Mina replied. 


Jin gave Mina a thumbs up, which made Mina smile. 


From just a few feet away from the café, Momo was walking side by side with her friend Rosé. "Ah where is a good place to eat around here ?" Momo asked Rosé. Her eyes wandered around and from the corner of her eye, she spotted Mina in the café. "Oh ? Isn't that Ms Myoui ?" Momo asked. "You know her ?" Rosé asked back. "Yeah... she's the secretary of my company's Vice Chairperson." 


"Mina," Jin began


"Yes ?" 


"There seems to be something stuck between your ear," Jin said. 


"Oh ? Where ?" Mina asked as she felt her right ear. 


"Under the earlobe behind your earring," Jin stated. 


Mina still couldn't feel anything.


"Here let me help," Jin said as he reached forward, a hand stretched out towards Mina's ear.


"Oh my, is she in a relationship ?" Momo asked as she took some pictures of the moment. When she felt that she had taken enough, she switched on whatsapp and decided to send the pictures to Sana. 


"I got it," he announced.


"Oh ? It's just your beauty," Jin proclaimed as he drew his hand back.


Mina gave an awkward laugh as she thanked him for it, somewhat embarrassed.  


Jin noticed that. 


"Oh, sorry," Jin said. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Is Ms Myoui still with her date ?" Nayeon asked. 


The 2 were now seated at the company building's lobby, dressed in their suits. 


Jeongyeon gave a slight smile. 


"Be honest with me. You're bothered by it right ?" Nayeon asked. 


Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon. "Nope, not at all. I already told you, she's under the curse of the blockbuster." 


Nayeon decided not to say anything, anything that might get her fired. 


Her phone ringed and she fished it out from her pocket. "Oh ? Why is Ms Hirai sending me a picture," Nayeon wondered. 


Nayeon gasped.


"Yah yah yah, you need to see this urgently," Nayeon told Jeongyeon. 


"What is it-" Jeongyeon turned her head. 


She came face to face with the photo that Momo had taken of Mina and Jin, a picture where Jin had his hand touching Mina's ear in his attempt to flirt. 


Ms Hirai: Oh my goodness ! I just saw Mina and her boyfriend out on date in a café along the streets of Garosu-Gil. I could see sparks in their eyes. 


Ms Hirai: Oh no ! I'm so sorry Ms Im. I intended to send this to someone else ! (>.<)


Jeongyeon was unable to comprehend the situation as she sat completely still, deep in thought. 


Nayeon wondered what Momo had sent to make Jeongyeon react like this. She turned her phone around and she read it for herself. She gulped. 


"Ah that Ms Hirai. She makes so many mistake you know. There was one time where she sent me a picture of her having a pork belly feast," Nayeon chuckled. 


Jeongyeon was still trying not to think of the worst case scenario, where Mina had already been taken from her. 


"By the way, if there are already sparks on the first date, they'll probably end up dating don't you think ?" Nayeon asked. 


Jeongyeon tried not to listen to whatever Nayeon was saying as she tried her best to get the image out of her head. 


"Do you know the feeling where you feel like you're flying in the vast blue sky just because you finally felt what love is ?" Nayeon asked again. 


Nayeon looked at her best friend. The Vice Chairperson looks like she was going to throw up anytime soon. 


"Yah... if you're so anxious, call her now and tell her to dump the guy and come back," Nayeon stated. 


Jeongyeon turned to face Nayeon. 


"An- anxious ?" 


Jeongyeon laughed. 


Nayeon could tell it was simply nervous laughter. 


"I see that your sense of humour has improved drastically," Jeongyeon began.


Nayeon gulped. 


"Why don't you think about a career change ?" Jeongyeon asked, her voice low and very serious. 


"You should become a comedian," 


"What ?"


"Your letter of resignation is always welcome."


Nayeon stood up immediately, bumping her head onto the standing lamp that dangled above her. 


"Please don't say that Ms Yoo. I just recently found what i'm good at. So please don't do this," Nayeon pleaded as she gave off a nervous laugh. 


Jeongyeon turned away. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina and Jin walked out of the café side by side. "I don't know if you enjoyed your day today," Jin began. "But i would really like to see you again." Mina was nervous and didn't know how she should reply. She looked down but caught a glimpse of Jin's blue tie. It was crooked. She stepped forward, adjusting Jin's tie, her habit taking over her train of thought. Mina looked up and came face to face with Jin, a wave of embarrassment crashing over her.


"Oh, i'm so sorry. I'm just used to doing this at my job," Mina stated.


"MS MYOUI !" 

 
Mina turned her head, shocked to see Jeongyeon standing a few feet away. 


Her hands tensed up, and it tightened Jin's tie to its maximum, literally choking Jin. He let out a cry for help but nothing more than a burble came out. 


Jeongyeon looked at Jin,  signalling to Mina to pay attention to the guy she was choking out with the tie. Mina turned her head to face Jin and was shocked at what she had done. She immediately loosened Jin's tie. 


"Ms Yoo ? What are you doing here ?" Mina asked, flustered. 


Jeongyeon kept silent and walked away. 


"I'm sorry but i have to go now," Mina said to Jin as she scurried off, following Jeongyeon. 


They had barely managed to walk a few metres away from the "crime scene" when Jeongyeon stopped in her tracks, Mina stopping in her tracks as well, a few feet away from Jeongyeon. 


"I'm disappointed in you, Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon began. 


Mina turned to face Jeongyeon. 


"Your insincere attitude utterly disappointed me." 


"I sincerely apologize Ms Yoo. But may i ask what made you feel that way ?" 


"Is it because i somehow managed to forget to complete a task ?" Mina asked.


Jeongyeon had no reply. 


"Is it because of the preparations of tomorrow's track meet ?" 


Jeongyeon still had no reply. 


"Is it... maybe because of the fact that i went on a blind date ?" 


Jeongyeon laughed and turned away. "What does your blind date have to do with me," she asked. 


"That's not what i meant, Ms Yoo. I meant that i thought that you were mad at me because i kept myself busy with such a personal matter one day before the track meet which is a very important matter-" 


Jeongyeon snapped her fingers. "You're well aware, Ms Myoui." 


"Yes, Ms Yoo."


"How could you schedule such a thing one day before the track meet knowing how important it is to me ?" 


"Do you think it makes sense ?" 


"I'm sorry Ms Yoo." 


Just at this moment, a leaf had drifted down and landed in the shirt pocket of Jeongyeon's blazer. 


Mina tried her best to stifle a giggle, but to no avail. 


"Why are you laughing ?"

 
"Oh, a leaf fell into your pocket and it looked like a hankerchief," Mina said in between giggles. 


"Here, let me get rid of it for you," Mina said, stepping forward. 


It seemed like slow motion, Mina reaching her hand out to Jeongyeon's blazer pocket. She looked up and their eyes locked once again. 


Tension was high and Mina felt her cheeks turning red again. She grabbed hold of the leaf and tossed it away, stepping back immediately before she went full blush. 


Jeongyeon felt it too.


"How dare a leaf fall in my pocket..." she said. 


Mina nodded.  


"Anyway Ms Myoui. Your last day is around the corner. Stay focused and do your job well." Jeongyeon stated. 


"Understood, Ms Yoo. I'll try my best not to schedule personal things like blind dates until after i leave the company-"


"Just don't do it." Jeongyeon blurted out.


"What do you mean ? Leave the company or going on blind dates ?" Mina asked. 


Jeongyeon realised she had been caught with her pants down. Her face turned red and she walked off embarrassed. 


Mina smiled sheepishly. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

It was the day of the company's annual track meet. It was the only day in the entire year where the employees could ditch their suits, ties, blouses and dresses for something much more comfortable. Mina was wearing black track pants and a white shirt with a turquoise jumper. Mina met up with Yerim at the secretary's desk. Yerim too was wearing something comfortable. Black track pants with a black shirt. Jeongyeon walked past them. She was wearing her normal outfit: a 3 piece suit with a black tie. 


Before entering her office, Jeongyeon turned around and faced her secretaries. "Is everything ready for the track meet ?" Jeongyeon asked. "Yes it is. It starts at 10am so you can leave in about thirty minutes, Ms Yoo," Mina replied. Jeongyeon nodded in acknowledgement. "Which events will you 2 be taking part in," she asked. "I'll be taking part in the obstacle race and the 3-legged race," Mina stated. "As for me, i'll be taking part in the knee wrestling and table tennis," Yerim replied. Jeongyeon nodded.


"I hope both of you are determined to come in first place." 


"What ? Isn't the participation what matters ?" Yerim asked. 


"That's what losers say as an excuse," Jeongyeon stated. 


"You must not lose. You should rather 𝘥𝘪𝘦 than lose." 


"Come in first place no matter what. I told you to stay focused until your last day. You remember right ?" Jeongyeon was directing the question to Mina. 


"Yes, Ms Yoo. I remember," Mina replied.


"Good. I'll see you guys later." 


With that, Jeongyeon walked into her office. 


"Wow... Ms Yoo is really something else. I mean, who puts their life on the line to win at a company event ? Am i right Ms Myoui ?" Yerim asked, turning her head to face Mina. 


Mina wasn't listening, for she was stretching, limbering up. She had a determined look in her eyes. She was determined to win. She turned towards Yerim, raising a fist. Yerim acknowledged it, smiling and clenching her fists in determination. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

The track meet was about to take place. The company had rented an entire indoor sports hall for this event. Every single employee were dressed in a white tee and black track pants. Banners decked with motivational phrases were hanging all over the place. As Jeongyeon walked towards the podium for her speech, every single employee clapped and cheered for her. A banner hanging high above Jeongyeon's head read "Yoo Group 23rd Company Track Meet". 


Mina and Yerim were standing a few feet away from Jeongyeon. So was Nayeon, who was dressed in a red jacket and also red track pants. Momo, her secretary was standing next to her. 


"Alright, we'll now begin Yoo Group's 23rd annual company track meet. I hope no one gets hurt and that we can bond even more through this event." 


Jeongyeon raised a hand. 


"Let's begin now !" 


The whole indoor sports hall burst into thunderous applause, coupled with loud cheers. 

 

First up was the obstacle race. Mina was at the start of the line, the first of many employees that would be taking part in this obstacle. She was up against four other participants, three of them from other sections of the company. The final participant Mina was up against was Sana, who seemed determined to take the first place over Mina as she flashed some fiery eyes to Mina. Mina herself was determined and had her eyes set on the prize. 


A gunshot sounded, signalling the start of the race. 


Mina sprinted forward, her competitive spirit driving her to get that first place. She picked up the hula hoop and successfully used it for jump rope, jumping over and over for five times. Sana kicked the hula hoop clumsily in her haste, much to the delight of Jihyo, Momo, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Yerim. 


Meanwhile, Mina had successfully valted the hurdle and she was now sprinting her way up the inflatable bouncy castle. Sana had barely managed to complete the hula jump rope obstacle and now, in her haste, had tripped over the hurdle, leading to chortles and guffaws from her co-workers. 


At the same time, Mina had successfully got past the bouncy castle and was now on a ball hopper. She grabbed onto the handles tightly and bounced her way to the finish line, completing the entire race faster than the other participants, which meant she took first place. The whole indoor stadium erupted into applause and cheers for Mina's win. Mina smiled gleefully and exchanged finger hearts with her colleagues. Right behind her in last place, was Sana, being the clumsy person that she was, tumbling her way to the finish line. Mina helped her up with a bright smile which Sana accepts gladly, hugging the younger woman with great joy. 


From up in the stands sat Jeongyeon. Nayeon was seated next to her clapping wildly for Mina. Upon seeing Mina's antics, Jeongyeon can't help but smile to herself. "This is why i like Ms Myoui," she began. "With her dogged spirit, she gets the job done." Nayeon looked at her best friend with great mischief. 


"So you like Ms Myoui ?"


"Not as a woman but as an employee. Look at her. How great is she ?" Jeongyeon replied. 


Nayeon smiled cheekily, much to Jeongyeon's irritance. 


From the corner of her eye, Jeongyeon spotted a male employee making his way to Mina. 


"Ms Myoui. I heard that you're a perfectionist secretary. And i see that you're also a great athlete."


"Wait. Who is that ?" Jeongyeon asked Nayeon. 


"That ? He's Mark Tuan. Competent. Intelligent. Popular. And good looking," Nayeon sounded dreamy. 


Jeongyeon stared at her best friend in disgust and irritance. 


Mina laughed awkwardly. "Well yes, what can i do for you ?" 


"Oh, well there's the 3-legged race coming up soon. And i'm your partner," Mark said. 


"Ah i see." 


"Let's do it well together," Mark stated. With that, he offered a water bottle to Mina. "Fighting !" 


From up in the stands, Jeongyeon bit into her finger. 


Yerim and Sana rushed up to Mina. "Yah, Mina what was that all about ? You talked to Mark Tuan ?" Sana asked. "Mark Tuan ? Do you know him ?" Mina asked. "Of course i know him," Sana stated. "He ranked first on the company's popularity vote." 


"Ranked first ? So that means he beat Ms Yoo ?" Yerim asked. 


"Nope. That's because Ms Yoo is out of everybody's league," Sana stated. 


"Anyways, i heard that if you work hard enough, you can make him yours. But the things is he's a complete workaholic that he dosen't take interest in women. Not even me," Sana pouted. 


"And he fell for Ms Myoui ?" Yerim asked.


"F- Fell ?" Sana asked, turning to Yerim. 


"He gave Ms Myoui water isn't that a sign ?" 


"Is it true ?" Sana asked, turning to Mina.


"Ah, no. I'm his partner for the 3-legged race so he gave me some words of encouragement and also this water bottle," Mina clarified. 


Sana breathed a sigh of relief. "Ah, actually Minari, would it be possible that i take your place in the 3-legged race ? Well you see i haven't performed well in the track meet so far-" Sana began. 


Mina and Yerim knew better and they walked away from the talkative mess that is Sana.


"Aish why do they never let me finish my sentences ? I want to take part in the 3-legged race too and make my heart race as well..." Sana lamented, storming off to follow her co-workers. 

 

The 3-legged race was about to commence and Mina was limbering up. She looked around behind her and saw that Mark was surronded by 3 other female employees, offering him water and wanting to take selfies with him. "He's not that good looking," Mina thought. "The real good looking person is..." Mina looked up the stands and saw Jeongyeon sitting with her head propped up on her hands. She realised what she was thinking about and immediately brushed the idea off. 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 ? 𝘐 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺. 


Mark approached Mina. "Hey Ms Myoui. The 3-legged race is about to start. Shall we head to the starting line ?" Mina nodded and smiled. 


"Hmm the 3-legged race must be next. Now this is interesting. I wonder how many couples will be formed," Nayeon said. 


"What ? Couples ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"Well you see, 80% of them end up becoming real couples," Nayeon stated.


Jeongyeon looked like she saw a ghost. She looked back down to the starting line, where Mark was tying his left leg and Mina's right leg together with a red cloth. He was done and gave Mina a warm smile. Mina gave one back too. 


Jeongyeon cleared . 


The gunshot signalled the start of the race. Mina and Mark got off to a brisk start, but soon fell behind to another couple. 


"Aww... they look so lovely," Nayeon mentioned. 


Jeongyeon shifted in her seat. 


Realising that they were now losing, Mark put her arm around Mina's shoulder.


"Oh he touched her," Nayeon said. 


Jeongyeon was now staring wide eye at the events unfolding down on the court. 


Mina had seen that another couple was ahead of them. Being shorter than Mark, she grabbed onto his waist. 


Jeongyeon adjusted her tie and cleared . 


Mina and Mark was about to cross the finish line. 


Jeongyeon tapped her seat rapidly. 


Mark and Mina had crossed the finish line together. They high fived each other excitedly.


The whole indoor stadium roared and cheered. "Shall we shout it together ?" The commentator announced. 


"Date ! Date ! Date ! Date !" The whole indoor stadium began chanting, much to the embarrassment of Mina and Mark, who stared at each other awkwardly. Sana rolled her eyes on the sidelines.


Jeongyeon was now shaking in her seat. She put her hands on her head.  


"Date ! Date ! Date-" Nayeon was chanting along too. She turned her head, and came face to face with Jeongyeon. Her stare was the combination of anger, irritance and betrayal. 


As the chants grew louder, Jeongyeon's anxiety grew larger. She picked up a water bottle and chugged the contents in record time. She crushed the water bottle and stood up. 


"There will be no more track meet starting from next year. It's too childish." 


With that, Jeongyeon left. 


"She's the one who's childish. She's blinded by jealousy," Nayeon muttered. 


All of a sudden, a loud thud could be heard. Nayeon turned her head and her eyes widened. She shot out of her seat and ran to her best friend's side. Jeongyeon had tripped over the stairs and her ankle was hurting. "Yah... you said that you wanted the employees of Yoo Group to not get injured. Why are you injured now ?" Nayeon asked. Jeongyeon kept quiet. "Here, let me see," Nayeon said as she reached for Jeongyeon's ankle. This sent pain running through all parts of Jeongyeon and she cringed. "Sorry," Nayeon said. Jeongyeon huffed. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Let me see," Mina said as she touched Jeongyeon's ankle. Once again, Jeongyeon cringed and she let out a cry of pain. They were now seated outside the indoor stadium on a bench. 


"Did you drink ?" Mina asked. 


"I didn't drink." 


"Then what is it ? How could you just slip on the stairs ?" 


"I just missed a step. Stop making a fuss," Jeongyeon replied.


Mina sighed. "You have to go see a doctor." 


"No, i'm going home." 


"What are you talking about ? You need proper treatment." 


"I am not hurt that badly," Jeongyeon protested. 


"No. I'll get the car ready." 


Jeongyeon grabbed Mina's arm.


"It'll get better once i put an ice pack on it." 


"Can you stand up ?"


"Yes i can. I'll walk." 


Jeongyeon stood up and proceeded to walk. She barely walked before she cried out in pain.  


"Ms Yoo i-" Dahyun stepped forward. 


Nayeon grabbed hold of her and stopped her. 


"No you can't walk. Here, lean onto me," Mina said, putting Jeongyeon's arm over her. 


"You better stop before you get yourself relocated to India," Nayeon said


"What ?" Dahyun asked.


Nayeon gave Dahyun an awkward smile. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina brought the ice pack to Jeongyeon on a tray. Jeongyeon was seated on the couch. Arms folded. Upon seeing Mina approaching, Jeongyeon lifted her injured right foot up and rested it on the table infront of her. Mina placed the ice pack on Jeongyeon's right ankle. They sat in awkward silence for a while 


"Did you enjoy the track meet ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"What ?" 


"You seemed to enjoy it. Especially the 3-𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦." 


"It's nothing fun really. I just tied my leg together with some guy and ran like crazy to win," Mina stated. 


"Ran like crazy ?" 


"Participating in the track meet is meaningful in itself. Why would you run like your life depended on it to win ?"


"It's stupid." 


"What ?" 


"Is my memory wrong ? I thought i heard a certain somebody telling me to bet my life to win the race."  


"How can you take my words so literally ? You're so inflexible, Ms Myoui."  


Mina laughed, indignant and refusing to acknowledge what Jeongyeon had said. 


"By the way Ms Myoui, if it's for victory you don't mind running very close to a strange man."


"Of course, it's better than being a loser." 


"Ah yes, as long as you win you don't care about who you touch." 


"That's right," Mina replied with a smile. 


𝘚𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘮 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩. 


Both girls were livid. 


Jeongyeon took her leg away from the table. 


She shifted closer to Mina.


"Even if the person was this close to you ?" 


"Of course." 


Jeongyeon sat closer to Mina now, her legs spread wide open. 


"Even now ?" 


Mina rolled her eyes. 


"It dosen't affect me." 


Jeongyeon couldn't believe it.


She grabbed Mina's arm and pulled the secretary towards her.


What happened next was a blur. 


Mina was lying on top of Jeongyeon.


Their eyes locked. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

𝘚𝘰𝘧𝘵.