It was you all along

What's Wrong With Secretary Myoui ?

Mina's eyes gaped open as she stared at Jeongyeon, who was seated next to her, taken aback.

They sat in silence for a while.

"I clearly called you "Kyung Yeon". Why did you answer me ?" Mina asked, breaking the ice. 

Jeongyeon did not answer her. 

"By any chance, have you changed your name ? Perhaps your old name was Yoo Kyung Yeon ?"

Jeongyeon stared at her. 

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"When I was talking to your mother about the kidnapping incident, I clearly heard it. She said "My Kyung"," Mina clarified. 

Jeongyeon gulped. 

"I want to know what happened exactly."

Jeongyeon stared at the steering wheel, and put her hands on it. 

"Ms Myoui. Don't give too much meaning to my sleep talking. I just answered because I heard your voice."

Mina was at a loss for words. She could feel her eyes getting moist. 

"Let's go home. I'll drive you home," Jeongyeon said, strapping on her seatbelt. 

Mina strapped on hers as well. 

 

 

 

What is going on ?

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Mina tossed off her high heels as she plopped down on her couch, setting down her hand bag. 

She seemed really natural as if she was responding to someone calling her name. 

 

 

She sighed. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sat in her study, an arm propped up on the arm of her couch, with hr head resting on it. Her bangs rested on her forehead.  

 

"When I was talking to your mother about the kidnapping incident, I clearly heard it. She said "My Kyung." "

"I want to know what happened exactly."

 

 

 

 

Come with me

 

I don't want to go alone. Come with me.

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sighed. 

"You don't need to know."

 

 

 

She leaned forward and picked up a photograph off the coffee table. 

It was them, from nine years ago. 

 

 

 

 

"Don't leave me here alone."

 

 

 

 

"I don't want to ever make you cry again."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"What brings you here so early today, Ms Myoui ? You hurried here, so it must be something serious."

Mrs Yoo plcaed the teacup down on the table.

"Is it about Jeongyeon ? Has she done something ?"

Mina took a deep breath.

"Actually, I have something to ask you."

"You can ask me anything," Mrs Yoo smiled.

"By any chance, has Ms Yoo... ever changed her name ?"

"What ?"

"Previously, you once mentioned "my Kyung". I thought perhaps you were referring to Ms Yoo." 

"I don't... You must have misheard me, Ms Myoui."

"No. You clearly asked me, "How was my Kyung doing ?" It was while you were talking about the kidnapping incident."

Mrs Yoo gulped. 

"I don't know how it might sound to you. I think that girl "Kyung" is Ms Yoo."

"How can you think of such a ridiculous idea ?" Mrs Yoo asked. 

"I- I know it's a difficult favour. But if there is something that I don't know about, can you please tell me ?"

Mrs Yoo smiled. "The girl that you were with, when you were little...was Seung Yeon. I don't know who is "Kyung". You must have misheard me, Ms Myoui."

"But-" 

"Ms Myoui. I'm a bit tired. Could you leave for today ?"  

Mina was about to probe more but she decided not to. She smiled. 

"I see. I will be taking my leave now, then."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina walked down the hallway of the Yoo Manor. It certainly was a big house. It even had a small lake right in the middle of the house, with trees and plants. Almost like an upsized version of a terrarium. 

She stopped in her tracks as she saw who was infront of her. 

She bowed. 

"What brings you to me house so early this morning ?" Seung Yeon asked. 

"I was just meeting with Mrs Yoo."

"I was actually just about to contact you. What perfect timing."

"Regarding... what ?" 

"I have something to return to you. Your diary."

Mina nodded. 

"Wait here. I'll go get it for you-"

"Was there anything else you remembered after reading my diary ?" Mina asked. 

"I don't think so. Sorry," Seung Yeon shook her head. 

"You don't remember any of the features of the woman who kidnapped us ? For example what she looked like, how long her hair was, or what her build was like ?" 

"I don't remember at all."

"You don't have any memories of when we were captured or how we escaped either ? Nothing at all ?"

Seung Yeon's face was blank.

"Why are you asking me this all of the sudden ?"

"Um... because it seems to me that my diary was of no help to you at all. And it didn't trigger any memories for you either," Mina pointed out. 

"I see. It may not be that I can't remember, but I won't remember. Maybe it's a subconscious defence mechanism, since that experience was pretty traumatic for me."  

Mina gulped. 

"Anyway, wait for me in the living room, I'll bring it to you quickly."

She went back ot her room. 

And Mina was left thinking. 

 

 

Why does it sound like Seung Yeon's memories consists of things she heard about from someone else ?

 

 

Mina walked into the living room and chanced upon two small photographs, locked behind a photo frame. There were two girls. 

Mina looked at the girl on the right. 

She... she...

"I kept you waiting didn't I ? Here's your diary," Seung Yeon appeared, handing over Mina's diary. 

Mina took it with both hands. 

"Excuse me." 

Seung Yeon raised an eyebrow, tilting her head slightly to her left. 

Mina looked back at the photographs. 

"Which one of these two is you, Seung Yeon ?" 

Seung Yeon pointed at the photograph to the left. 

Mina gulped. 

"The one on the left is me. Don't you remember ?"

It was coming back to her now.

"I thought about it, Mina, and I don't think the only reason why I like you is because we were together back then. I'm not asking you to give me an immediate answer. I just want you to know how I feel, that's all."  

Mina was silent. 

She looked at Seung Yeon.

 

 

 

This can't actually be happening right now.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"Did you move in well, Yerim-ssi ?" Jihyo asked as Yerim walked into the office. 

"Yes, it only took me five mintues to get to work. It's great. And my new place is so cozy and comfortable," she grinned. 

"So when are you going to invite us to that cozy and comfortable place ?" Sana asked. 

"What ?" 

"A housewarming," Sana clarified. 

All four pairs of my eyes were on Yerim now. She laughed nervously.

"It's a studio apartment, so it's quite small. And i'm really bad at cooking too."

"Honey, come on. We are not the type of people who pressure our juniors like that. You only need to get a few things like fried chicken, jokbal, sweet and sour pork, chicken feet, black bean paste noodles and have it delivered to your place. We don't need much. Doesn't that make you feel better ?" Jihyo grinned. 

"You really are blessed when it comes to your co-workers. Come to think of it, tomorrow is the weekend," Sana pointed out.  

"My goodness, it's perfect," Jihyo said. 

"Tomorrow it is then," Chaeyoung stated.  

"Okay ?" All four girls asked in unison. 

Yerim smiled nervously

"S-sure."

The four girls laughed and clapped. 

"Mina-ssi !" Tzuyu called. 

Mina walked into the office. 

"We're going to Yerim's housewarming tomorrow. You can make it, right ?" Tzuyu asked. 

"I have a family thing to attend to tomorrow," Mina replied. 

"Alright then~" Sana cooed. 

Mina walked to her desk. 

Jihyo clapped her hands together.

"So, how much money should we collect from each person for the housewarming gift ?"

"Including Ms Kim Dahyun, there are five of us. So how about twenty dollars each ?" Tzuyu suggested. 

"Ms Kim is always on standby so I don't think she can come," Chaeyoung pointed out. 

Sana pouted. 

"Also, what do you mean, twenty dollars each ? How ignorant. That's nowhere near enough for a decent present," Chaeyoung scolded. 

She turned to Jihyo. 

"Our clever Park Jihyo-ssi, I think we should collect $24.90 from each person, don't you think ?" 

Everyone looked at her. 

"All right then. Let's go to the housewarming tomorrow~" Jihyo clapped her hands eagerly. 

Yerim put her head in her hands. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina sat at her desk, a frown on her face. 

Jeongyeon was not in her office yet. 

 

I knew it. Ms Yoo was the girl that I was searching for.

So why is everyone telling me that it's Seung Yeon ?

Did Ms Yoo really lose her memories ?

 

"I should play dumb about it too, right ?" Mina said to herself. 

Mina heard the clatter of shoes against the marble flooring. 

She stood up and bowed. 

"Good morning, Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon greeted, a smile on her face.

Mina smiled back.

Jeongyeon walked into her office. 

 

 

Mina walked into Jeongyeon's office, a tablet in her hands. She stopped infront of Jeongyeon's table.

"You'll be visiting our affiliates starting from 3pm. After that, you will have dinner with Ms Im. And Yerim will be accompanying you today."

"Then does that mean that I won't be able to see you until dinnertime today ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

Mina nodded. 

"What a shame."

Jeongyeon thought about it. 

"Come over to my place tonight, then." 

"What ? At night ?"

Mina's face grew red with embarrassment. 

Jeongyeon looked at her girlfriend and chuckled. 

"What are you imagining ?" 

Mina had no answer as she blushed even more. 

"Figures. My house and at night. The peculiar and y image that the combination of these words evoke is probbaly enough to make anyone's imagination run wild."

Mina smiled. "I don't know about that. I didn't attend a creative school when I was young like you did, so my imagination is quite underdeveloped."

"Now that's a shame. I want to organize a few documents I have in my library. Can you help me ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Of course. Don't worry." 

Jeongyeon smiled resting both arms on her desk.

"Jeongyeonie."

Jeongyeon's left arm slipped off the table. 

She looked up. 

"What ?" 

Mina smiled. 

"What did you just say ?" 

"I just wanted to call you that once. Jeongyeonie."

Jeongyeon looked down, blushing. A huge smile was plastered on her face. 

"You can continue calling me that. I will alow it," Jeongyeon said, looking up at Mina. 

"No, once is more than enough. I will be going now."

Mina walked away. 

"I said you can continue-"

Mina walked out of the office. 

Jeongyeon scratched her head. 

"I should have recorded that or something."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Yerim walked along the streets back to her apartment. It was already night time

"It's so convenient that the company is so close. It feels great," Yerim said to herself. 

She looked up at the rooftop 

"Maybe I could get them to go up to the rooftop tomorrow. My apartment does not have a lot of space as well..." Yerim thought. 

She nodded and made her way up to rooftop, climbing the seemingly endless flights of stairs. 

Mark sat on a table up on the roof. 

"It came off again. What a shame," Mark said, twirling a piece of string around his index finger. He bit it and began sowing a button back on his suit

Yerim approached. 

Mark looked up. 

He gasped. 

"Mr T-Tuan ?" 

"Why you-" Mark got up off the table. "What are you doing here ? Did you stalk me ?" 

"What ? That's not it-"  

"Right, I only have one suit, you knew about that when I blurted it out. But what's so curious about it that you had to stalk me ?!" 

"I didn't stalk you. I live in one of the studios here. I just came here to check out the roof." 

"W-what ?" 

Yerim eyed Mark from top to bottom. His hair wasn't combed like it usually is in the office. He was wearing blue track pants with a red top with what seems like an university's logo on it. 

"Well, goodbye-" 

"Wait a second," Mark put up a hand. 

Yerim looked at him. 

"People think i'm a workaholic and i'm hot, and i'm the most charming male employee in Yoo Group. If you ruin that image of mine, I won't let it slide," Mark stated, making a zipping action over his mouth. 

Yerim frowned. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Mina walked into the living room of Jeongyeon's house.

Even after walking down that same room for nine years, she could never get tired of it.

"Ms Yoo ?" Mina called. 

Jeongyeon walked down the stairs. 

"Oh, Ms Myoui. You're here."

Mina looked at Jeongyeon and blushed. 

She turned away. 

Jeongyeon looked down at the bath robe that she was in. 

She covered herself up. 

"I'm sure it'll be dangerous to your heart to see the muscles hidden under this robe. I'll hurry and change into something else," 

Mina nodded, still looking away, her face still red. 

Jeongyeon smirked. 

As Jeongyeon walked to the direction of her room, Mina turned around, catching a glimpse of the visible scars on her legs.

 

Are those scars from being tied up when she was kidnapped ? It must have been so painful. 

 

She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. 

Mina walked into the kitchen.

She picked up the kettle on the stove, pouring its contents into a glass jug. 

A tear rolled down her cheek. 

She sobbed, wiping the tears away. 

"Goodness, why am I crying ?" She asked herself. 

Her phone ringed and she fished it out from her pocket. It was Minyeon. 

"Yes, onee-san," 

"Where are you, Mina ?"

"I'm at the vice chairperson's house." 

"What ?! Why are you there at this hour ? Are you really going out with her ? I understand that it's your uality and all, but with that selfish punk who only cares about herself ?" 

"Onee-san. She isn't selfish.She's much better than I think she is. Than what you think she is.So... I hope you don't worry about our relationship anymore."

Jeongyeon scratched her head. 

"Alright, alright fine. Anyway, don't forget to be there by 12pm tomorrow."  

"Okay, bye."

Mina hung up. 

She sighed. 

"This is driving me crazy," she muttered. 

She sniffled, wiping away her tears. 

Jeongyeon walked away. 

"Is her family against our relationship ? Even to make her cry ?"

She folded her arms across her chest.

"But why ? I thought they would put up a placard to welcome me. By any chance, are they burdened because i'm way too perfect ?"

She walked past a mirror. 

"Jeongyeon, you brat. Can't you be any less perfect ?"

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon sipped on the tea as Mina looked through the papers and files. 

She smiled. 

She's so ethereal. 

"Ms Myoui." 

Mina looked up. 

"Everything will go well."

Mina nodded. "Yes. Except for the classified data, I'll discard documents over ten years old-" 

Jeongyeon shook her head. "Not that."

Mina looked confused. 

"Your complicated concerns, Ms Myoui. They will all be okay."

"What do you mean ?" 

"I heard you talking on the phone earlier. Your sisters seemed to be very worried about us. I'll make sure they are set free from their concern soon. You know my fatal aura, the one that captures people's hearts." 

Mina laughed. 

"I'll convince them by any means, so don't cry from now on." 

Mina smiled. 

 

 

...

 

 

Mina got out of the car and so did Jeongyeon. They were standing outside Mina's apartment again, a scene too familiar.

"You didn't have to take me home." 

"I should do that in order to stay with you longer. It would have felt weird if we said goodbye at my place."

Mina blushed. 

"I meant you."

Mina nodded. "That's right."

"I don't have any schedule tomorrow. Want me to go on a date with you ?"

"Not tomorrow. I have a family gathering to attend," Mina pouted. 

"Is it the only weekend which you rest in a year ?"

"Right."

"Is it Jebu Island this year too ?

"Yes." 

Jeongyeon smiled. 

"I'll go in then." 

Mina started to walk away, but stopped. 

She was forgetting something.

"Oh right, Ms Yoo."

She reached into her bag. 

"This." 

She brought out her hand, presenting a finger heart to Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon blinked. 

"What's that ?" 

Mina blushed. 

Jeongyeon blushed. 

Oh, that was it. There it is.

Jeongyeon looked up at the sky. The moon shone brightly. 

She was going to do one of her own. 

She felt like she could grab the moon.

Just as she was about to present hers, Mina scurried off, up the stairs. 

Jeongyeon smiled. 

She heard the sound of the door shutting as she blew the heart into her apartment. 

"Bye."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon potted the blue striped ball with ease. 

Nayeon sat on a chair behind her. 

She sighed. 

Jeongyeon looked at her friend. "Is something bothering you ? Your face looks like you wanted me to ask you that question." 

"Yes. Do ask me because I want to rattle this to someone."

"Go ahead then."

Nayeon looked up. "Should I ?"

Jeongyeon went back to her game of pool. 

"I saw my ex-wife a few days ago." 

Jeongyeon looked at her friend.

"I saw her with a man. A man. She looked very happy."

"And you look unhappy."

"Right. I'm confident i'll be the top three unhappy people of this month. I mean, how could she dating someone else already ? How could she ?"

Jeongyeon sighed. 

"You should've done better when she was still with you."

Nayeon's mouth gaped open. 

"I WAS-" 

Jeongyeon eyed her. 

"I was so good to her. I bought her bags and jewelry whenever she wanted thm. I made her breakfast, and even told her that her bare face was pretty. I was so good to my ex-wife and her family too."  

"To her family too ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"There's this saying that goes, "Love me, love my dog" . That was the case for me. I loved her parents and even her siblings. And they loved me too." 

Jeongyeon put down her cue stick and made her way over to Nayeon. 

She sat down on the couch.

"You ?" 

"Yes, me." 

"What did you do ?" 

"Can't you trust me ?" 

"That's not it. I'm just asking if you had your own know-how." 

"You see-" 

Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon. 

Her lips curved into a mischievious smile.

"Are you trying to win her family's favour ?"

"What are you even talking about ?" Jeongyeon laughed nervously. 

Nayeon laughed. 

"Oh how should I explain this to make you understand ?"

She got it. 

"Alright. Listen up. You how subcontractors are working desperately to win a contract with us, right ? They constantly try to prove themselves. They appeal their good sides as a company."

"Right-" 

"That's it. You are like the subcontractor who needs to be examined by the corporation named Ms Myoui's family. You have zero percent reliability since you just opened up your business. From now on, you have to appeal and prove your strength."

Jeongyeon nodded. "Now, it's starting to make sense. So, what did you do ?" 

Nayeon smiled. 

"Here it comes."

She stood up. "Lower your waist 45 degrees to the bottom."

Jeongyeon tried to follow. 

"Hold your hands together."

Jeongyeon followed. 

"Yes, yes. Sure, sure. Good. Great," Nayeon said as she rubbed her hands together.  

Jeongyeon stared at Nayeon, irritated. 

"I did everything they asked me for." 

"What ?" 

Nayeon sat back down. 

"Whenever I went to see her family, I left my pride at home." 

"Is that necessary ?" 

"You have to do that much to get accepted by her family- Wait, what is this now ? I was talking about my issue a while ago, but why has it become the other way round ? Oh gosh, i'm getting goosebumps."

Jeongyeon had her head in her hands. 

"The acceptance from her family..."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"I cleaned the place, so enjoy your stay," the landlord stated.  

The three siblings bowed and thanked her. 

They shifted their suitcases onto a nearby bench and plopped down on it. 

"It feels like our relatives' house since we come here every year," Minyeon claimed. 

Minyoung nodded enthusiastically. 

Mina was noticeably under the weather. 

Minyoung turned to her.  

"Minari, why do you look so down ? You didn't look very good on our way here either," she pointed out. 

"It's nothing." 

"Is it because of what I said yesterday ? Because I told you off ?" 

"That's not it." 

"Minari. As your oldest sister, i'm like your mum. I can't just sit back and do nothing when my youngest is about to begin a tough love. No matter how much I think about it, she's just not the one for you."

Mina raised an eyebrow. 

"It's because you haven't met her before. There are so many good things-" 

"Why are we even talking about this ? We're here to have some fun !" Minyoung interrupted. 

Minyeon sighed. 

Mina smiled. 

"Alright then. Let's have some fun !" 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Let's have some fun at Yerim's house !" Sana smiled gleefully. 

"Are we almost there ?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"Ah, yes. It's just right there," Yerim pointed at the apartment building just a few metres away from the girls. 

They nodded in acknowledgement. 

"Oh, it's you, Yerim-ssi." The landlord walked out of the building. She looked at the girls. "They must be your guests." 

"Ah yes, i'm having a house warming party," Yerim stated. 

"I see. Your house is a little small though, so you guys should play at the rooftop instead." 

Yerim's smile faltered. 

"Alright then. Have fun," the landlord smiled as she walked off. 

The girls bowed. 

"The rooftop ?" Sana turned to Yerim. 

Yerim smiled nervously. 

"It will be so good. If we drink at the rooftop with a broad view, we might really enjoy our drinking," Sana suggested.  

"I don't think so. It's too hot to be at the rooftop. Let's just do it in my place," Yerim claimed. 

"Come one. The weather is nice, so the rooftop is perfect," Jihyo stated. 

"Alright then. Let's head to the rooftop that is as high as my qualifications-" Chaeyoung said. 

"Still, it might be uncomfortable for the person who lives in the rooftop studio," Yerim gritted her teeth. 

"Well, it's not like we're here everyday. I'm sure it'll be fine. Let's go-" Tzuyu stated. 

"Hold on. Then can you guys stop by my place... and bring the food up with you ? I'll go up first and wipe the table. It's really dirty Take your time," Yerim stated, scurrying off, running up the stairs.  

"Oh, she's very nice," Jihyo claimed. 

"Yeah ? She's a very kind girl," Sana agreed. 

 

 

...

 

 

"Grow up, veggies. You don't need to be tiny just because you're cherry tomatoes," Mark cooed, watering the plants.

Yerim burst through the door to the rooftop.  

"We're in trouble !" 

"What ? Are the company people coming up or something ?" Mark smirked. 

"How did you know ? They're all coming up right now. They're here for my house warming party, and they want to play at the rooftop."  

"What ?!" 

"There's no time for this ! Hide !" Yerim urged.  

"Why should I hide ? You have to stop them from coming-"

The sound of Jihyo's and Sanas panting and complaining could be heard as they got closer and closer to the door. 

Mark dropped the watering can on his feet, making him yelp in pain as he held his foot. 

Yerim was flustered. 

Mark ran for his apartment, but based on how close Jihyo and Sana sounded, decided not to. 

"What should we do now ?" Yerim asked urgently. 

"Ah this !" Mark yelled, diving under the table, trying to crawl as far away as possible underneath it so that he was not clearly visible. 

"Wow, it looks good !" Jihyo stated. 

Yerim stood with a smile on her face, her hands behind her back, standing at a position where she was blocking Mark. 

"My goodness it's hot. Ow, my back," Sana complained. 

"Why are you already here ? I asked you to stop by my house and get the food," Yerim pointed out. 

"I have my juniors to do that for me," Jihyo stated. 

"I can't carry heavy stuff. My bones are too thin. You know how feminine I am," Sana claimed, still panting. 

"By the way, I love this wooden bench," Jihyo said, plopping down on it. 

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung appeared, carrying the food and drinks. 

Mark bit his lip. 

"What a nice view," Chaeyoung said.  

"It must have a great view at night," Tzuyu wondered. 

"Let's drink and enjoy all night long then !" Jihyo suggested. 

"Until night ?!" Yerim asked. 

"Why the would you..." Mark mouthed, resting his head on the floor, defeated. 

"Let's have fun !" Sana raised a beer can. 

Yerim smiled nervously. 

 

 

...

 

 

Mina mixed the watermelon up with ease. She carved the meat of it into chunks, pouring Soju into it and finishing off with some ice. 

"Let's eat !" She announced to her older sisters, who dove into it eagerly. 

Mina was about to take a bite of the huge scoop she had when she looked up. 

And saw Jeongyeon. 

She stood up. 

"Ms Yoo." 

Minyeon and Minyoung stood up. 

Jeongyeon walked over, looking immaculate in her blue coloured suit. 

"What brings you here, Ms Yoo ?" Mina asked. 

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Yoo Jeongyeon," Jeongyeon introduced herself. 

 

 

 

 

"Tell me what's going on."

"You said you stayed at the same inn in Jebu Island every year. You played badminton at an elementary school playground near the inn and had your ankle sprained two years ago. I searched for an inn next to the elementary school." 

"That's not what i'm asking about. I'm asking why are you here ? I'm with my sisters," Mina pouted. 

"That's why i'm here."

"Huh ?" 

"They're worried about our relationship. I want to get rid of their worries. I'll do my best to get their-" 

"Minari." 

Minyeon and Minyoung walked over. 

Minyeon looked at Jeongyeon. "You must not be here to make her work. May I ask why are you here ?" She asked. 

"Are you two seeing each other by any chance ?" Minyoung asked. Minyeon nudged her. 

"Well, that's-" Mina stuttered.

"Yes, we are." 

Their mouths gaped open, in an almost comical 'o' shape. 

"I know you're worried about our relationship. But you don't have to worry so much. Much more than you think, we like each other."

Mina blushed. 

"I meant she likes me." 

Minyeon and Minyoung's faces grew into a mix of shock and disgust. 

"Of course, I like her very much," Jeongyeon clarified, realising her blunder. 

Mina grinned. 

"Shall we move to our resort and talk more about this ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"I've prepared a suite room-" 

"No thank you. You told me not to worry about you two, but I can't help worrying about it because you seem to live in a whole lot different world from ours."

Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow. 

"It's very uncomfortable to see you unexpectedly like this."

Jeongyeon sighed. 

"Onee-san." 

"Didn't you guys say you were hungry ? Let's go-" 

"Then... let's go eat together. I reserved the best restaurant-" 

"No thank you. We did reserve a restaurant too," Minyeon stated. 

"Then let's go there together then." 

"What ?" 

Jeongyeon turned to Mina. 

"Are you sure about this ?" Mina asked. 

Jeongyeon nodded. 

 

 

...

 

 

(Soy Sauce Marinated Crabs)

Jeongyeon stared at the signboard as they walked into the restaurant. 

"You seem surprised. Are you surprised because you can eat as much as you want for only $19.99 per person ?" Minyoung asked. 

"Yes, i'm surprised how they are able to make a profit out of this system," Jeongyeon wondered. 

"It's possible... because they make food with cheap ingredients," Mina revealed. 

Jeongyeon nodded. 

"I'm not sure if you can eat cheap marinated crabs. You must have had marinated crabs cooked by a master chef. You can go back if it's uncomfortable for you," Minyeon suggested. 

"That won't be necessary. I'm just like the others. I don't feel uncomfortable at all." 

Minyeon looked at Jeongyeon uncomfortably. 

The two older sisters walked off to their table. 

Mina stopped Jeongyeon. 

"Ms Yoo, it's still not too late to turn back." 

"I'm going to have those marinated crabs, Ms Myoui."

Jeongyeon walked off to the table. 

Mina sighed. 

 

 

 

Minyeon stared at Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon gulped, taking a sip of water. 

Mina grabbed the water jug, refilling it for Jeongyeon. 

"I can handle it, Ms Myoui-" 

"Didn't you say you were seeing each other ? Do you still call her "Ms Myoui" ? And you add "Ms Yoo" to every sentence ?" Minyeon asked the couple.  

"That's a great point," Jeongyeon said, turning to Mina. "I was thinking of changing the way we call each other anyway. You can call me by my name, Minari," Jeongyeon cooed. 

Mina's eyes widened. 

"Onee-san. We can take care of it ourselves."

"I'm so full. I feel like my stomach is filled with marinated crabs," Minyoung groaned.  "And i'm going to fill it somemore now," she laughed gleefully.

Jeongyeon turned to Mina. 

"Why does she keep eating even when she's full ?" Jeongyeon asked softly. 

"It's to get our money's worth." 

"What ?" 

"We're all paying the same amount of money, so it's good to eat as much as possible," Minyeon stated. 

Jeongyeon thought about it.

"Oh, you aren't familiar with this way of thinking, are you ? The thought of forcing ourselves to eat so we can get our money's worth-" 

"I am." 

Mina looked at Jeongyeon. 

"Haven't you heard that rich people are more like that ? It's also the case for me. I'll eat more than my money's worth here today."

She grabbed a crab leg. 

"Let's begin." 

Jeongyeon bit into the leg, the meat out of it as the shell crunched. 

"The meat is plump." 

One by one,

leg by leg,

Jeongyeon stuffed with crab meat, rice and even seaweed. 

She smiled at Mina as she picked up the last crab leg of the plate, hesitating to eat it, but did so anyway. 

She placed the shell on the table, washing it down with a whole cup of water. 

Jeongyeon stared at the plate. 

"I'll go get another one-" 

"Hey, young lady. Are you going to stop eating marinated crabs after today ? My goodness," the lady laughed. 

Jeongyeon sat back down. 

"It's enough. You've gotten enough of it already," Mina told Jeongyeon. 

"Oh is that right ?" Jeongyeon laughed nervously. "I'll stop here then," she told the two sisters. 

"Now I don't feel like i'm wasting my money-" 

Jeongyeon hiccuped. 

 

 

...

 

 

"Maybe I ate too much. My stomach is full of crabs," Jeongyeon said, panting as she sat on bench on the patio. 

"Here's some water. Are you having an upset stomach ?" Mina asked placing a cup of water down on the table. 

"I'm perfect in all kinds of abilities. Even my digestive ability is great," Jeongyeon stated.

Mina laughed. 

Jeongyeon took a gulp of water. 

"Why don't you go home now that you're done with your meal ?" 

The two sisters emerged from the room, dressed in weird outifts of mismatching colours, with checkered pants. 

Jeongyeon spat out the water. 

Minyeon looked at her with disgust. 

"Those outifts are..." Jeongyeon said, turning to Mina.

"We're heading out to catch clams." 

Mina turned to Jeongyeon. "We catch clams and cook them when we come here every year." 

"Why would they do such labour when they're on vacation ?" 

"Right. You probably can't understand us.  I bet you have personal chefs who cook for you with seasonal produce.  You must have no idea why we have to catch clams ourselves when we want to make kalguksu with fresh seafood." 

Jeongyeon thought about it. 

"This is why we said that we feel like you live in a different world," Minyeon muttered. 

Jeongyeon nodded. 

"I'll go with you and help you catch clams." 

Mina's eyes widened. 

"It's fine. I'm sure you have never lifted a finger in your life. You won't be able to dig on a mudflat to catch them," Minyeon pointed out. 

"I certainly can." 

Jeongyeon held Mina's hand. 

"If it's with Ms Myoui, I can go anywhere even if it's a mudflat or a thornbush."

Mina blushed. 

Minyoung smiled. 

Minyeon stared uncomfortably. 

"Let's go to the beach."  

"Mudflat." 

"Let's go to the mudflat." 

 

 

...

 

 

"Everything is so delicious," Jihyo said, shoving a piece of jokbal into . 

"Yes it really is," Tzuyu agreed. 

"All right, everyone. This is Yerim's house warming party, you know. Let's clink our glasses together," Chaeyoung announced. 

The clink of glasses made Mark even thirstier. He felt his stomach groan with hunger. 

Sana stretched her arms, accidentally knocking her purse off the table.

Mark's eyes widened. 

"Hold on !" Yerim stopped Sana, who was bending down, about to pick up her purse. 

Yerim picked it up and handed it to her Japanese colleague. 

"I'll bring you something to wipe it with," Yerim said, scurrying off. 

"Oh, this Yerim, she's so thoughtful," Sana cooed. 

It was the late afternoon and the sun was high up in the sky. 

"I thought it would be cooler out here, but the sun is very strong. Shall we move to the shade over there ?" Jihyo suggested. 

"I know right ? UV rays are bad for the skin. Let's do it," Sana stated. 

The girls got up off the table. 

Mark bit his lip. 

What should I do...

He got an idea. 

As the girls lifted the table up and began to move it, Mark got into position. 

They set down the table. 

"Oh my goodness !" Jihyo yelled as she saw Mark lying there, a smile on her face. 

"Motherfu-" Chaeyoung yelped. 

Sana and Tzuyu gasped. 

"Surprise~" Mark cooed.

"Mr Tuan... what are you doing on the god damn floor ?" Sana asked.  

Yerim walked through the door, her eyes widening. 

"I told you. I wanted to surprise you all." 

"Surprise ?" Jihyo repeated. 

"That's right. She invited me to this housewarming party as well. But i'm a person with a creative mind, who thinks that brilliant ideas matter even when i'm just hanging out. So I wanted to do something fun. That's why Ms Kim over there and I planned this together."

Everyone looked at Yerim, who just smiled nervously.  

"I was hiding like this and waiting for the best moment to maximize the fun, and you girls decided to move the table right at that moment."  

Mark got up, laughing. 

"Nice timing," he said, winking at Jihyo.  

The girls laughed. 

"Let's finish the food then," Yerim announced. "Mr Tuan, you should have some as well." 

"Oh yes, Mr Tuan, would you like some beer- Oh, we're out of beer," Chaeyoung pointed out. 

"That's all we have now. I'll go buy somemore-" Yerim said.  

"No, i'll go. I saw a big supermarket over there. I'll go and buy more. That's okay, right ?" Sana asked Yerim. 

"Yah, what's gotten into you ? Why are you volunteering to run such an errand ?" Jihyo nudged Sana. 

"If I want to drink more, I need to take walk and digest what I have eaten so far," Sana pointed out.  

"Alright then have a nice walk~" 

"I certainly will~" 

 

 

...

 

 

Sana pushed the shopping cart, a few bottles of soju and a few cartons of beer already in it. 

"That looks good," Sana claimed, chancing upon a plate of hot dogs. 

The lady at the booth nodded. 

"May I try one ?" 

"Of course. We're running a buy 1 get 1 free promotion now." 

Sana picked up a toothpick, stabbing two slices of hot dog at once, and putting them in . Her face brightened up. 

"Wow, this is good." 

She stabbed another piece and placed it in . 

"Miss." 

Sana looked at the lady. 

"How could you eat three pieces ? You're not even going to buy it."  

Sana's face grew red. 

"We're going to buy it."

Sana turned around. 

"I, 2, 3."  

Kim Dahyun waved the three bags of hotdogs at the lady. 

"We'll buy three, for the three hotdogs she ate. So don't embarrass this lady anymore."  

Sana stared in awe. 

Dahyun turned to Sana. 

"Let's go, Ms Minatozaki."

With that being said, Dahyun placed the three bags in the shopping cart, pushing it away. 

Sana followed. 

She blushed. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina flinched as a bit of mud splashed onto her face. She huffed. 

"Yah, when is that vice chairperson of yours coming ? Is she even coming ?" Minyoung asked. 

Mina shrugged. 

"Why did she bluff like that when she wasn't even confident-" 

"Onee-san !" 

"Why are you glaring at me like that ?" Minyeon asked Mina. 

"Don't you think you're being too harsh on her ? I know that you're flustered because this is all too sudden, but don't you think you're being too rude to her ?" 

"Minari, I told you, i'm worried-"

"I told you that you had no reason to worry. She's not the kind of person you two think she is. She protects me when i'm scared, and she's always so considerate of me... you don't even know anything," Mina pouted. 

"W- what- Look there !" Minyoung exclaimed. 

The three sisters stood up, their mouths gaping open in a comical 'o' shape. 

Jeongyeon stood a few feet away from them, her whole body full of protective equipment. 

Boots, trousers, even a visor. A rake rested on her shoulder. 

Jeongyeon lifted the shade of the visor.

"I'm sorry i'm late."

She walked over to the sisters. 

"Ms Yoo, where did you get those things ?" Mina asked. 

"I must do everything perfectly. That's my life motto." 

"Being fully equipped doesn't mean you can do a perfect job. You need know-hows from years of experience, which we have," Minyeon stated.  

"Onee-san." 

Mina stretched her hands. 

"Then how about we have a showdown ?"

"A showdown ?" 

"You two can team up. And the two of us can team up. The losers will grant the winners their wish. What do you say ?" Mina suggested. 

"I'm in !" Minyoung nodded. 

Minyeon looked at Jeongyeon from head to toe. 

"Sure, whatever."

 

 

...

 

 

Mina stared as her two sisters rummaged through the mud hurriedly, trying to fill their bucket with as much clams as possible. 

Mina scraped the mud up, revealing a bunch of clams, and tossed them into her bucket. 

Jeongyeon chuckled. 

"Ms Myoui. I'll do my best since this is a competition, but what will you tell them as your wish ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

Mina grinned. "I'm going to ask them not to hate you." 

Jeongyeon blushed. 

"That totally melted my fatigue away."

Mina laughed. 

 

The next hour, Jeongyeon was running around, shoving her rake into the mud several times, revealing a whole bunch of clams, which she dumped into hers and Mina's bucket.

Mina stared in awe at her energy, and laughed when she fell twice. 

Jeongyeon panted, but was happy with her haul. 

Mina grinned. 

 

 

...

 

 

It was clear who the winner was. 

"We beat you," Mina smiled proudly. 

"You sure did. Congratulations, Minari," Minyoung cooed. "And Ms Yoo." 

Minyeon stared daggers at her. 

"So, what's your wish, Mina ?" Minyoung asked. 

"Oh, my wish would be... I just want to ask you two not to hate Ms Yoo."

Jeongyeon turned to the older sisters. 

"It's okay. You can hate me." 

Minyeon raised an eyebrow. 

"But... please wait and see. I'll keep showing you how sincere my feelings towards Mina are." 

Mina smiled. 

Minyoung smiled. 

Minyeon huffed. 

"Alright, let's get going. Come on-" 

Minyeon tripped landing on Jeongyeon, who instinctively caught her. 

"Are you okay ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Y- Yes... By the way, why are your hands so cold ?" Minyeon asked. 

Mina grabbed Jeongyeon's hand. 

"Is your stomach upset by any chance ?" 

Jeongyeon blinked blankly. 

"You ate too much earlier. You basically inhaled the marinated crabs."  

"Well, its-" 

"Follow me. Let's find you a digestive aid." 

"Ms Myoui- Wait- But the clams-" 

"Come on !" 

Minyeon and Minyoung watched as Mina dragged Jeongyeon away. 

"Onee-san. It looks like she ended up with an upset stomach because she ate too much to impress us, right ?" Minyoung pointed out. 

"We never told her to force herself to eat that much." 

Minyoung shrugged. "I must say, I'm a little surprised. She seemed so snobby when I saw her on the news, but she came all the way here and she's doing her best to impress us despite you being mean to her. She must really care about Mina. Don't you think ?"  

Minyeon huffed. 

"I am worried about the overworking thing, but she does seem like a nice girl. And even with that problem, her sister-in-law is here." 

"Sister-in-law ?" Minyeon asked, a look of disgust on her face. 

Minyoung giggled. "I like her. So you should try and warm up to her too."

Minyeon frowned. 

"It's too hot out here. Let's go. Here you take this bucket." 

"This one is heavier !" 

"Just take it !" 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Give me your hand." 

"I'm okay, really." 

"You're obviously not okay. Pricking a finger works like a charm."

"But still-" 

"There's a UFO !" Mina pointed. 

"Where ?" Jeongyeon looked up at the sky. 

Jeongyeon cringed as Minyeon pricked her finger. 

"Blood ! I'm bleeding. I'm bleeding a little," Jeongyeon looked at Minyeon. 

Minyeon smiled. 

"Go in and get some rest. You're not feeling well." 

"It's okay. I feel totally fine now. Please let me help," Jeongyeon assured. 

"It's okay. The three of us can do it," Mina said. 

"Then can you knead this dough ? Our dad usually does this, but he couldn't come due to an event. Gosh, my arm... my delicate arm is getting tired," Minyoung smiled sheepishly. Mina nudged her. 

"Oh, sure. You can give it to me," Jeongyeon said, taking the metal bowl from her. 

She forcefully punched the dough a few times, making the sisters flinch. 

"Ms Yoo, please be gentle," Mina said. 

Jeongyeon chuckled. She turned to Minyeon. 

"I must say, my stomach feels much better now."

"I'll... prick your finger again next time if your stomach is upset."

"Next time ?" Jeongyeon mouthed. 

Mina smiled, and looked at Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon smiled proudly. 

She continued punching the dough comedically, much to the amusement of the sisters. 

 

 

...

 

 

Sana walked behind Dahyun, who was carrying a bunch of plastic bags. 

"Then shall we go have some beer ?" Jihyo asked, the group emerging from the building. 

"There's a pub right down the street," Yerim pointed out. 

"Let's go there then," Tzuyu said. 

"Oh ? Where are you guys going ?" Sana asked, seeing the group. 

"It's starting to drizzle, so we're heading to a pub," Yerim explained. 

"Then you could have called me. Why did I spend the money to-" 

Sana looked at Dahyun. 

"I mean, I shoul just give these all to you as your house warming present, Yerim-ssi." 

Dahyun smiled. 

"Alright then, girls, let's go," Jihyo said.  

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

The group sat at the pub, their table being the only table in the quiet pub. It was only the early evening after all. 

"Is it because there are no customers here ? Why is it so quiet ?" Chaeyoung pointed out. 

"I know right. Why aren't you guys talking ?" Jihyo asked the group.

"Does anyone have an amusing story to tell ?" Tzuyu asked. 

"What can there be ? I mean, we see each other every day," Sana stated. 

The lady server brough a plate of cuttlefish onto the table. 

"Oh ? The lady from unit 301 is here," the landlord walked up to the group. 

"Oh, hello," Yerim smiled. 

Mark picked up a cuttlefish from the plate, covering his face. 

"We're trying to get a park built near the intersection, we'll need your signature here if you're in support of it," the landlord stated. 

Yerim signed it. 

"Only you and the guy in the rooftop room are the only ones who haven't signed," the landlord pointed out. 

Mark's eyes widened. 

Yerim smiled nervously. 

The landlord bid the group goodbye and walked off. 

"Hey, what are you doing now ?" Jihyo asked Mark, who still had a cuttlefish covering his face. 

"Oh, this is... I got inspired by the "King of Mask Singer"," Mark claimed. 

"King of Mask Singer ?" Chaeyoung chuckled. 

"Yes. Ms Park asked us if we have anything amusing to share, so I would like to entertain you all... by singing a song for you."

Mark cleared his throat.

The group clapped. 

"Sweet talk to me babe, It’s magical, Sweet lullaby, Oh it’s so hypnotizin-" Mark began. 

"Stop, stop."

"W- why are you telling me to stop ?"

"I get that you want to go up the ladder, but do you have to do this ?" Jihyo asked. 

"W- What do you mean, "Going up the ladder", Ms Park ?" 

"I bet you heard that working in our department is like a free ticket to getting promoted. That's probably why you want to transfer to our department. And you thought, "Whom should I curry favour with to make that happen ?" After thinking for a while, you eventually decided that you needed to win me over because i'm the most influential one." 

Chaeyoung and Sana rolled their eyes. 

"Aren't I right, Mr Tuan ?" 

"No way," Tzuyu said.

"What do you mean, "No way" ?" Jihyo asked, pointing at Mark's shirt. "I went to Seoul National University." 

Mark looked down at his shirt. 

"I bet he wanted to let me know that we're alumni. Then he sang like that just now to get me in a good mood, using my favourite song no less. You're doing all this to win me over, aren't you ?" Jihyo eyed Mark. 

Mark laughed. "Yes, indeed." 

The group began laughing. 

Dahyun stood up. 

She grabbed a cuttlefish too. 

"Do you want to sing too, Ms Kim ?" Yerim asked.  

Chaeyoung snickered. "It's funny because Yerim is Ms Kim too," she whispered to Tzuyu.

"Then let me sing my favourite song for a bit," Dahyun said.  

Sana clapped. 

"Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way..."

The table was silent for a while, taken aback at the beautfiul voice that came out from Dahyun's mouth. They then clapped and cheered. 

Sana blushed. 

 

 

 

...

 


 

 

Sana walked out of the females' restroom, clearly tipsy. She rested against the wall, trying to regain her composure before walking again.

"Woah, woah. Please be careful, Ms Minatozaki," Dahyun said, hurrying forward to help Sana before she bumped into a pillar.

Sana frowned. 

"You better watch out." 

"W- what do you mean ?" Dahyun raised an eyebrow. 

"Just watch yourself. Don't try and seduce me by picking up bra pads for me. Don't show up out of nowhere and buy me three bags of hot dogs. "I did it my way..." Don't you dare try and seduce me by singing my favourite song," Sana pouted. 

Dahyun smiled, blushing.  

Sana began walking away and Dahyun followed. She was in no state to walk home alone. 

Sana turned around. "Why are you following me ?" She asked. 

"You seem quite drunk. I was worried that you might stumble and fall."

"You're trying to seduce me again. Then why don't you keep me safe~" Sana teased. 

Dahyun's usual pale skin flashed a bright red.

"Its's so weird. For some reason, I like Ms Kim despite my high standards. Shall I ask her out ?" Sana mumbled. 

Dahyun, who was following close behind her, blushed again. 

"No, no. That would be embarrassing. I must not ask her out first.I have a thing called pride too. I cannot ask her out. I must protect my pride-" 

Sana tripped over her own two feet. 

"Woah, woah !" 

Dahyun caught her.

As Sana lay in Dahyun's hands, their eyes locked. 

Dahyun gulped. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"How is it ? We made kalguksu and scallion pancakes with the clams we caught. Isn't everything so good ?" Minyoung asked Jeongyeon. 

"Yes. I'll make sure I attend this event again next year," Jeongyeon stated. 

"It's too early to say that," Minyeon pointed out. 

"Right." 

The sisters laughed. 

"By the way, do you catch clams here on your vacation every summer ?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Yes, our dad usually joins us too. We catch clams and just hang out," Mina stated. 

"That's a pretty unique family tradition," Jeongyeon smiled. 

"Is it ?" 

Jeongyeon nodded. 

"We made a promise to our mum," Minyeon said to Jeongyeon.

"A promise ?" 

"Yes. It was when Mina was four years old. Our dad wanted to participate in the Beach Music Festival. So we borrowed our neighbor's car, and all of us were on our way together. Our dad was singing on the way there. Mina even said that our dad had a bad singing voice. But of course our mum defended him. Our dad said he would win a trophy for our mum as her birthday present, and that was when Mina spotted the beach. Our mu suggested that we stopped by the beach since we had time. But at the beach, our dad realised he had lost the car key. We spent the next hour looking for it, but to no avail. Mina even thought she found the key, but it was just a clam. Our dad was devastated, but our mum, she knew how to make the best out of everything. She suggested we catch clams and play by the beach." 

 

"You are not a bad husband. And this is not my worst birthday. Thanks to you, our family is having a great time together."

"Should we come here on my birthday every year ?" 


"Mum kept the promise until the year after that and passed away." 

"Wait." Jeongyeon looked up. "Then is today..." 

"Yes. It's mum's birthday." Mina replied. 

"We remember our mumvery clearly. But back then, Mina was still young, so I am sure that she doesn't remember much. That always makes me sad." 

Mina smiled. 

"I apologize if I made you feel bad today. After spending some time together, I can tell that you're a good woman. And you clearly like Mina a lot. But... since Mina lost her mum at such a young age, I want her to be able to start a lovely family and be loved a lot. That's why I was pretty worried about her dating someone who is the same gender as her."    

Jeongyeon smiled. 

"I will make sure that there is nothing for you to worry about. I want Ms Myoui to be happy as much as you do. Even though we are of the same gender, we... will work something out."  

Mina leaned on Jeongyeon, grinning. 

The older sisters smiled. 

Mina is in good hands. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"You don't remember any of the features of the woman who kidnapped us ?" 

"You don't have any memories of how we escaped either ? Nothing at all ?" 

 

Seung Yeon leaned back in her seat. 

 

 

...

 

 

"I don't know how it might sound to you, but I think that "Kyung" is Ms Yoo."

Mrs Yoo rubbed her head with her fingers. 

"What are you doing here by yourself ?" Mr Yoo asked, plopping down on the seat next to hers. "What's wrong with your face ? What is it ? Is something wrong ?"

Mrs Yoo sighed. 

"Honey... I think... it's about time we tell the kids the truth." 

"What ?" 

"I don't think I can keep it a secret any longer." 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon and Mina made their way up the steps of the waterwalk, breathing in the fresh sea breeze. 

Jeongyeon turned to Mina.

"I think I won their approval to a certain degree."  

"Yes, you did." 

"I'm much happier now than when I was picked as the most influential CEO in her 30s." 

Mina laughed. 

"But I feel a little bad." 

Mina tilted her head. 

"If I had known it was such an important day to your and your family, I wouldn't have come. You should be spending a meaningful time with your family."

Mina shook her head. 

"No. I was really glad that you came and you worked hard for me. My sisters realized that you are such a great person. So they must have been glad too."  

Jeongyeon smiled. 

"My family becomes the saddest we can when it's the day that she passed. On her birthday, we become the happiest."

"I think your family is very lovely. Of course, I am sure that your mother was a good person too." 

"Right. She was a very good person. Shortly after we came to this beach, my mum, who was usually a very healthy person, suddenly collapsed. Dad was always in the hospital taking care of her. So I was always alone. Looking at the other kids playing with their mothers, I became so envious. But one day..." 

 

"Minari~" 

"Okaa-san !" 

"Okaa-san. Let's play a catching game with me. You catch me." 

"Should we do that ?" 

"Yes !" 

"Alright. Go !" 

 

"I was so happy that mum came. I was so happy. But I found out later that she was on the way home after hearing from the hospital that there was nothing that they could do for her anymore. It must have been so tough for her... to run around with her sick body." 

Jeongyeon could swear she had a tear forming in her eye

"But without that memory, I could have forgotten mum. I was young, and mum and I didn't share many memories."

"I see." 

"So... if there's a painful memory you cannot easily talk about, I hope one day you will tell me about it. Whenever that day may be, I will wait for that day. I will always be there for you." 

Jeongyeon brought Mina in for a hug.

 

Don't worry Ms Myoui, I will...

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"It would be nice if you could spend more time here," Minyeon lamented.  

"I told you. We have a showcase at lunch."

"I will officially introduce myself next time." 

"Take your time and have fun," Mina told her sisters. 

"Take care on the way back," Minyeon urged. 

"Please take good care of Mina," Minyoung told Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon nodded and bowed. 

They drove off. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

"You don't look well. What is it about ?" 

"Don't be confused. Don't suffer from the weight of guilt either."  

 

 

Seung Yeon gulped.

 

 

"Now listen to me carefully." 

 

 

"24 year ago, on that day..."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Where am I going ?

 

 

What does she mean ? 

 

 

I...

 

 

I'm...

 

 

I'm not the one who got kidnapped... 

 

 

 

"No." 

 

 

"It was me." 

 

 

"I'm sure of it." 

 

 

I'm sure of it.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

(This is the revolutionary software. It's the MI Analysis tool. Introducing B Data !)  

The convention hall was filled with a huge round of appaluse.

Jeongyeon sat the VIP's table, smiling at her business partners. 

Mina stood at the refreshments table, a chocopie already in .  

"What are you enjoying so much ?" 

"Oh my- I'm sorry. I was a little hungry. Is the photo taking session over already ?" 

"Yes. It was complicated and hectic. I want to go home, get washed up, and rest." 

"It will be done after the congratulatory ceremony so you need to endure it just a little longer." 

"There's nothing after this, right ?" 

"Yes. I thought you would be tired from all the work so I left your afternoon empty. Don't worry." 

"You know me so well."  

"Ms Yoo." 

Jeongyeon and Mina looked over at the two gentlemen standing a few feet away. Mina bowed. 

"Take a seat and rest, Ms Myoui. I'll be off now."  

Mina smiled. 

 

 

(Now, there will be a special performance commemorating the showcase of the new software.) 

(Magician Charming Choi's magic show will begin now.)

 

Mina sat down at a table. 

 

Seung Yeon walked into the convention hall, spotting Mina. 

 

She made her way over, and sat down on the seat next to Mina.

 

"Seung Yeon ? What are you doing here ?" 

 

Seung Yeon was silent for a while.

 

"She said my memory is wrong. Do you agree ?"  

 

Mina looked down. 

 

"Is it such a tough question to answer ?" 

 

(We have a special guest who wil make the show shine. Let's bring in the model Kim Na Yeon !) 

 

The lights flashed red.  

 

A lady sat on the canopy, hoisted down slowly.

 

Those heels...

 

"Does that mean my memory is wrong ?" 

 

Her face, shrouded in darkness. 

 

"I sometimes... dreamed of my childhood which I could't understand the meaning to." 

 

 

"Auntie's gone a bit weird." 

"No, Mina. She's not your auntie." 

"There's a spider. A big spider."

 

 

"Don't come near me Mina." 

"Don't leave me !" 

 

 

 

 

Mina stood up. 

 

 

"I..."

 

 

 

"I remembered..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She hit the floor hard

 

 

 

 

"Mina ? Mina wake up. Myoui Mina !" 

 

 

 

 

Seung Yeon was pushed aside. 

 

 

 

 

"Mina wake up." 

 

 

 

 

"Mina." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MYOUI MINA !

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm back baby. And I took shorter than expected to upload. I'm sorry to piss on your bonfire but please don't expect the next few chapters to be up as fast as this. I apologise for the wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ir2IflOHv4 (Theme song)

Thank you everyone for the support on this fic i really appreciate it :) 

Follow me on twitter: @yooinmahheart and turn on notifs to be notified when my next chapter will be up !

#WWWSM (Official hashtag)