I came back to forgive you

What's Wrong With Secretary Myoui ?

Do you ever get the feeling when your heart is beating so quickly that it's threatening to burst out of your chest ?


Mina was certainly feeling it. 


She lay on Jeongyeon, gaping slightly as her face turned red. 


Their eyes locked once again.


Jeongyeon lay completely still, gazing into the eyes of her secretary. 


It would've been so easy just then, to raise her head for the kiss.


It would've been so easy just then, to lean her head in for the kiss. 


The ice pack tilted and fell from the table.


Mina snapped out of it and stood up hastily. 


"I'll fetch a new ice pack," she announced as she picked up the ice pack and scurried off into the kitchen. 


Jeongyeon was still lying down. 


Mina set the ice pack down and proceeded to scoop more ice cubes into the now empty ice pack. 


She reminisced what had just happened. Her heart was still beating furiously and she put a hand over her chest, taking in deep breaths. Once her heart stopped beating as furiously, she continued scooping more ice cubes into the pack. She smiled to herself, feeling slightly embarrassed.


When Mina returned to the living room, Jeongyeon was still lying down on her couch, but was now fast asleep. 


"Oh... is she sleeping already ?" Mina thought to herself. 


She placed the ice pack down on the coffee table and sat down beside the sleeping Vice Chairperson. She waved a hand over Jeongyeon's eyes. No response. 


Mina sighed. 


For a few minutes, she sat observing the facial features of her boss. Her sharp jawline, her cute nose, how it looks like she's pouting when she's sleeping. 


Her lips. 


Without knowing it, Mina was shifting her head closer to Jeongyeon. She regained composure and her eyes widened, brushing the idea out of her head. 


She stood up and was about to leave when she noticed Jeongyeon stirring in her sleep. 


The Vice Chairperson's eyes frowned and she twitched. Clearly a bad dream. 


"Ms Yoo ? Ms Yoo ?!" Mina called. 


Jeongyeon woke up, sat up with her eyes wide open. Beads of sweat had trickled down her forehead. 


Mina sat down beside Jeongyeon. 


"Are you okay, Ms Yoo ?" 


Jeongyeon had no answer. She turned her head and looked at her secretary. Nodded her head. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

They were now seating in Jeongyeon's office at her house, overlooking the huge creek that surronded her house. Jeongyeon sat with her arms rested on her thighs, fingers intertwined. She was still looking perplexed by her dream. Mina approached Jeongyeon, carrying a tray that had a lone cup on it. 


"Have some tea Ms Yoo," Mina said as she set the tray down. 


Jeongyeon continued looking off into the distance, deep in thought. 


"Are you feeling any better ?" Mina asked. 


"Yes, yes i am. Thanks to you," Jeongyeon replied. 


"Do you get sleep paralysis often ?"


"I don't know." 


Both of them sat in silence. 


"I... don't want to be left alone tonight," Jeongyeon said. 


Mina nodded.


"Ms Myoui." 


"Yes ?" 


"Can you sleep here tonight ?" 


Mina was confused. 


"What ?" 


"Can you sleep here, at my place tonight ?" 


"What ? What do you mean by that ?" Mina asked, hoping it was not what she thought it meant. 


Jeongyeon had no reply.


"I know it's normal to feel scared after waking up from a nightmare but you're not a baby, so how could you make such a request of me ?" Mina stated. 


Jeongyeon's eyelids lifted as she realised what Mina was thinking about.


"I meant that you could sleep at the guest room, since it's late out. I don't get why you're getting so flustered ?" 


"What ?" 


"You used to sleep here occasionally when you're working late," Jeongyeon stated. 


"Ah... yes you're right," Mina answered. 


She turned her head away in embarrassment. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦 ?


Jeongyeon smiled to herself. She turned to face Mina. 


"What were you expecting ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"What do you mean ? I wasn't expecting anything," Mina replied. 


Jeongyeon smirked.


At this moment, her phone rang. She picked it up and answered it. 


Her face turned. 


Mina noticed it. One moment the Vice Chairperson was smirking, the next her face looked bothered, as if someone had brought the company's reputation down.


"Alright." 


Jeongyeon put her phone down.


She turned to Mina. "Unfortunately Ms Myoui, you won't be able to stay here tonight. Sorry to disappoint you." 


"Disappoint ? For you information i had no intentions to sleep here whatsoever. So if there's nothing much i'll get going now," Mina said as she stood up and bowed. She was clearly flustered again and Jeongyeon could see it. The Vice Chairperson flashed a smile. 


As soon as Mina had left, Jeongyeon's face ce again. She interwined her fingers again, resting her arms on her thighs. 


𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"You're not even going to invite me to sit down ?" 


Jeongyeon turned around.


"What do you want at this hour, Seungyeon." 


"Does an older sister need a reason to visit her younger sister's house ?" 


Seungyeon was seated on the couch in Jeongyeon's living room, her arms folded. 


"Why did you come back ? Does mum and dad know ?" 


"I came back since my new movie is being premiered next month. I came here without any prior notice and found out that mum and dad are at their vacation house in Jeju." 


Seungyeon smiled. More of a smirk actually.


"I didn't want to go back to an empty house and i figured it would be nice to pay you a visit." 


Jeongyeon turned away. She huffed. 


"If i'm coming clean with you," Seungyeon began. 


"I came back to forgive you."  


Jeongyeon turned to look at her older sister.


"It still hurts for me to remember that incident. But resenting you and hating you just made me more miserable." 


"That's why i figured i would forgive you for now," Seungyeon stated, turning to her younger sister.


Jeongyeon turned away. 


"Shall we have some drinks ?" Seungyeon asked. 


"I indulged myself in 3 things when i was in America: Food, wine and shopping-" 


"You should leave now." 


"What ?" 


"I'm tired." 


With that, Jeongyeon walked away, leaving her older sister in the living room. 


She sighed. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was back home, washing her feet under her bathroom's shower head. She flinched at the sudden stinging pain she felt on her ankle. She looked down and saw that there was a red mark at her ankle. "I must've tied my leg too tightly for that 3-legged race," Mina said to herself. Her mind wandered off to Jeongyeon's ankle. She got out of the bathroom and picked up her phone.


Jeongyeon was in her living room, looking out over the huge creek.  It was a beautiful place really, very relaxing. Very isolated. Her phone chimed and she fished it out of her pocket. It was Mina. 


Ms Myoui: Is your ankle alright ?


Ms Myoui: I cancelled all your schedules for the week so that you can relax. 


Ms Myoui: I also asked Ms Kim to prepare some hot towels for your ankle. (Ms Kim Dahyun, not Ms Kim Yerim) 


Jeongyeon chuckled. 


"There she goes nagging again." 


"It's very tiring." 


Jeongyeon smiled to herself. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jihyo, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were pacing up and down the office, hands on their heads. Sana was seated in her swivel chair, a frown forming on her face. 


"What should we do about it ?" Jihyo asked. 


"We need to report this immediately," Tzuyu announced. 


"Aish you guys shush. You are being distracting," Sana lamented. 


"It's an emergency situation !" Chaeyoung claimed. 


At this moment, Mina and Yerim walked into the office. "What's going on ?" Mina asked. 


"Well... you see... YG Group art center has advanced its opening day to the beginning of August," Jihyo said. 


"What ?" 


"What's wrong with that ?" Yerim asked. 


"You have no idea do you ?" Sana began. 


"Our art center is scheduled to open on the 20th of August. They've advanced their schedule on purpose... as expected from those jerks," Chaeyoung stated. 


"We must open our art center first to gather all the attention," Sana added in. 


"Ms Yoo is very much concerned about this as the opening dates are very close to each other," Tzuyu claimed. 


"Before he comes, let's set up a solution-" Mina began.  


"We have one solution." 


Before Mina could even finish her sentence, Jeongyeon was already on the case. 


The five girls stood at attention, bowing slightly and greeting the Vice Chairperson. 


Jeongyeon folded her arms across her chest. 


"We'll advance the opening date to July." Jeongyeon stated. 


"July ? But that's next month," Jihyo gulped. 


"There are only a few days left," Chaeyoung lamented. 


"Don't worry Ms Yoo, we'll get it sorted," Mina announced. 


The other four girls looked at her in disbelief. 


Jeongyeon smiled, nodding in acknowledgement. 


Everyone immediately got to work. Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Sana were rushing about frantically, printing out documents, making phone calls to various personnel. Mina was accompanying Jeongyeon on her impromptu visit to their art center. 


"Can we open the museum next month without any problems ?" Jeongyeon asked, directing the question to the managing director of the art center. "Well, unfortunately, the main art piece of the outdoor exhibition is not complete yet. It requires much time to move and install the piece." 


"Support the artists so that they can move the materials here and complete the piece here," Mina instructed. 


"Alright." 


Jeongyeon looked at her secretary, smiling to herself. 


"Can we open the library next month without any problems ?" Jeongyeon asked the managing director. 


"Well-" 


"Is it 𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 not going to be ready either ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"I'm sorry. We haven't dealt with the copyright issues regarding video aids like documentaries or movies." 


"Mr Jung, it won't be a problem as long as we don't hold a movie screening. However, you can hold movie screenings in order of those which we have obtained the copyrights for," Mina instructed once again. 


Once again Mina had came to the managing director's aid. "Yes, Secretary Myoui," Mr Jung replied. 


"I know that you're flustered due to the sudden change in schedule, but please get things ready without any mistake," Jeongyeon announced.


"Yes, Ms Yoo," Mr Jung replied. 


Jeongyeon dismissed the managing director and his employees and turned to her secretary. 


"Let's walk more around the library," Jeongyeon said to Mina.

 

 

...

 

 

The bookshelfs stood high, columns and rows filled with books everywhere. They almost looked like skyscrapers. Jeongyeon and Mina were walking side by side, admiring the wide selection of books that the library had to offer. 


"It's been designed amazingly. It makes me want to read books all day long in here," Mina said to Jeongyeon. 


"Well then i can call it a success as that was the first intention of this place," Jeongyeon replied, smiling. 


All of a sudden, the lights flickered. Without warning, the library turned into darkness, with only the light from the 'exit' sign a few metres behind them seperating them from total darkness. Both girls looked around warily, confused about the situation. "I'll call and check the situation," Mina said to Jeongyeon as she fished out her phone from her pocket. Jeongyeon nodded in acknowledgement, leaning an arm against the bookshelf before her.


"Yes, hello ? This is secretary Myoui and i'm with Ms Yoo. Oh... the entire building has lost its power ? No, it's quite alright you don't have to come down here. Please restore the power first," Mina said over the phone.


Jeongyeon sighed. "I can't believe this. Isn't it about time they finished dealing with facility problems ?" Jeongyeon asked Mina, turning around. 


𝘉𝘪𝘨 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦.


An ear piercing shriek of terror echoed throughout the library. Turns out Mina had the flashlight on her phone, but shone it under her face as soon as Jeongyeon turned around. The sinister look on Mina's face coupled with the flashlight under the darkness had made it ten times scarier. And there was Jeongyeon cowering in fear as she backed up against the bookshelf. 


"You- you startled me Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon stated in between gasps. 


"Oh my, i'm so sorry. I only tried to turn on the flashlight for you," Mina clarified. 


"Are you sure it was for me ?" Jeongyeon asked, her back still backed onto the bookshelf, her body shaking in fear. 


"Of course," Mina replied, a smirk forming on her face. 


"Your facial expression just now looked a bit cute though," Mina admitted. 


Jeongyeon was feeling a mix of confusion and shock, and she stared at Mina, her back still backed onto the bookshelf. 


Awkwardness started creeping in as Mina realised what she had just said. She turned away and so did Jeongyeon. The former feeling her cheeks getting red while the latter had her arm rested on the bookshelf, trying to keep her composure. 


Jeongyeon turned back to face her secretary. 


"Ms Myoui. I'm not cute. I'm fatally attractive," Jeongyeon stated. 


Mina smiled. "My mistake. Let's head this way, Ms Yoo," Mina stated, shining the flashlight forward, leading the way. 


From behind her, Jeongyeon let out a big sigh of relief. 

 

 

The two were now seated at a table, side by side. Jeongyeon tapped her fingers on the table, then folded her arms across her chest. She turned to look her secretary, and Mina had done the same, looking at her boss. Their eyes locked for a moment. They then turned away, looking at their surrondings, trying to find some way to break the ice. They looked at each other again, their eyes locking. They turned away once again. Awkwardness was once again creeping in. 


Mina smiled to herself. Jeongyeon cleared . 


Mina stood up, heading over to a bookshelf. She picked up her phone from the table as well and she began looking for a book to read. 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. 


She squealed as she picked a book from the shelf. "This is my favourite book," Mina said to Jeongyeon, setting the book and her phone down on the table. < Every Moment Was You > was the title of the book. 


"All my dating romance is in this book," Mina said, a smile forming on her face. 


Jeongyeon noticed how Mina was struggling to hold down the pages of the book and at the same time holding onto her phone as a source of light. Without hesitation, Jeongyeon took the phone, holding it and shining the light at the book so that Mina could read. Mina looked at her boss, gratitude displayed on her face. Jeongyeon looked away. Mina smiled and began reading. 


Without knowing why or how, Jeongyeon was slowly turning her head to look at Mina, a dreamy look on her face. She sat admiring the facial features of her secretary's face. Her jawline. How her face brightens up when she reads an interesting part of her book. It was adorable. And beautiful.


Slowly but surely, Jeongyeon was drawn deeper and deeper into Mina's beauty. 


Mina flipped to a page and her face brightened up. "I especially love this part," Mina began. "I want to be in this kind of relationship where i feel like the tiredness of my day gets washed off just by hugging you once, even if you don't make my heart flutter every second," Mina read.


Mina smiled brightly. 


"Isn't it great ?" Mina asked, turning to Jeongyeon.


For what seemed like time slowing down, Jeongyeon sat there, captivated by the absolute beauty of this very woman right infront of her eyes. How had she not noticed ? All this time, the perfect woman was right infront of her. And for 9 years. How could she have been so oblivious ?


Jeongyeon turned away. "It's childish," she stated. "My first class shower, equipped with the anion, vitamin and sterilization system is enough to wash off the tiredness of my day." 


Mina rolled her eyes. "That's not what it means. You might think it's childish, but this is the kind of love i dream of," Mina stated. With that, she turned her head, continuing to read her book. 


Jeongyeon turned back. Was she always this beautiful ?


"Ms Myoui." 


"Have i ever told you that you were beautiful ?" 


Mina turned her head to look at her boss. 


"No. No you haven't." 


Jeongyeon realised that she had been caught with her pants down once again. She turned away. 


"Yes of course not because i've never felt that you were beautiful." 


Mina looked slightly disappointed, a pout forming on her lips as she turned back to her book and continued reading. 


𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭. 


"They're taking a rather long time to restore the power," Jeongyeon stated. 


"Yes, i should call them again," Mina replied, taking her phone away. 


"No, it's okay. Let's just walk out of here. It's a bit suffocating," Jeongyeon said. 


The entire building was shrouded in total darkness as Jeongyeon and Mina made their way out of the library. Mina had their only source of light in her hands but was constantly walking behind Jeongyeon. They reached a cross junction where they could either turn left or keep heading straight forward.  


"Ms Yoo, the exit is that way," Mina stated, pointing towards the left. 


"No. Ms Myoui, you don't understand the building's mechanism like i do. The exit is that way," Jeongyeon stated, pointing straight ahead. With that, she walked off into the direction where she thought the exit was, leaving Mina behind. Mina had no choice but to follow the Vice Chairperson. 


They had arrived at a dead end. Jeongyeon looked confused, her eyes blinking repeatedly. "Ms Yoo. Instead of following the mechanism, why don't you listen to someone that has been here frequently," Mina stated. "The exit is where i told you. It is back there," Mina clarified, turning around. Jeongyeon followed suit and she let out a hearty laugh. "Ah it's indeed the design of a global architect chosen by me," she stated. "His innovation design indeed destroys the mechanism of buildings." 


Mina nodded, rolling her eyes. "Yes. I'll make sure to use it for our marketing strategy. But for now, follow me Ms Yoo," Mina said, directing the Vice Chairperson to follow her. Jeongyeon hung her head low, clearly embarrassed and followed her secretary. 


Jeongyeon was now walking behind Mina. She sniffed the air. "Ms Myoui, do you use perfume by any chance ?" Jeongyeon asked Mina. 


"No, Ms Yoo. I don't use perfume." 


"Then why do i smell a citrus smell from you ?" 


"Ah, then that must be the scent of my shampoo."


"I use this shampoo most of the time as they often do a 1-for-1 promotion," Mina stated, flicking her hair, her ponytail accidentally brushing Jeongyeon in the face. "Buy 1 get 1 free," Jeongyeon repeated, smiling to herself after having gotten a big whiff of citrus in her face. 


"Did you always walk this fast ?" Jeongyeon asked Mina.


"I walked fast to keep up with your stride, so it became a habit," Mina stated. 


"But my stride is twice longer than most people's. It must have been hard to keep up with me." 


"I'm fully used to it now." 


"Why haven't i noticed your walking pace before though ?" 


"It's said that your senses become sharp in the dark so you notice things that you haven't noticed before in your daily life. 


Jeongyeon stopped in her tracks.


Mina turned around, shining the light in Jeongyeon's face, making the Vice Chairperson cover her eyes with an arm. 


"What are you doing ? You might trip if you fall behind." 


With that, Mina took Jeongyeon's hand, leading the Vice Chairperson. 


They barely walked a few feet when Jeongyeon stopped, staring at her hand in Mina's.


She thought about it for a while. 


Mina looked confused. 


"You're right about how my senses become sharpened in the dark, Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon said. 


Mina stared at her hand on Jeongyeon's and immediately pulled her hand away, embarrassed. 


Jeongyeon took Mina's hand in hers. Mina turned around, a shocked expression on her face. Jeongyeon took the phone away from Mina's hands. 


"You said i shouldn't trip," Jeongyeon stated. 


With that, she walked forward, guiding her secretary towards the exit. 


They had just made it out the building when the lights inside the building flickered and switched on. The power was back up. 


"The lights are back on," Mina pointed out. 


Jeongyeon nodded, noticing that her hand was still holding onto Mina's. She let go. Mina flashed an awkward smile. 


"I'll get the car ready," Mina announced. 


"Alright," Jeongyeon replied. 


Mina walked off. 


2 members of the management team scurried forward, bowing to Jeongyeon. 


"We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience." 


Jeongyeon looked at her hand. 


"It's alright. It wasn't so inconvenient." 


Jeongyeon looked at her secretary walking away, smiling to herself. 

 

 

They were now seated in the car, side by side. Dahyun was driving the car. 


"Ms Myoui." 


"Yes ?" 


"Are there any other events in the library other than movie screenings ?" 


"No, there are a lot of exhibitions and musicals scheduled already." 


"But the library didn't feel so bad." 


"Tell them to prepare for the opening event in the library too," Jeongyeon instructed. 


"I'll deliver your message." 


"I'll think about ideas for the opening event too." 


"You will ?" 


"Yes, we're running out of time, and it's also something from your direct concern." 


Jeongyeon nodded. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was seated in a Korean barbeque place, deep in thought.


"Now !" Minyoung exclaimed as she grabbed at the slab of pork belly on the grill, flipping it over. 


"Wow... you're pretty good at this aren't you ?" Minyeon stated. 


"I know right ? It's colour gets much more appetizing if you flip it after a minute," Minyoung said. 


Minyeon looked over at her younger sister, a frown forming on her face. She grabbed a piece of pork belly on the grill, blowing at it to cool it down before dipping it in ketchup. 
 

"Open up," she said to Mina. Mina did so but without even looking at her older sister. 


"What are you thinking about ?" Minyeon asked Mina. 


"I need an idea for the opening event in the library," Mina replied. 


"Is that a part of your job ? Didn't you say that you're going to resign soon ? Don't work yourself too hard," Minyoung stated. 


"From the perspective of a phychiatrist like myself, whatever that's going on with you is called being a workaholic," Minyeon claimed. 


"Nah, i'm just trying my best until the end," Mina replied. 


"Anyway, how about both of you ? How is working at the hospital ?" Mina asked. 


Minyoung and Minyeon looked at each other.


"Why ? Is it tough working there ?" 


"Minari, just focus on yourself for now. Your two older sisters got this." Minyeon replied. 


Mina looked at them with a suspicious look in her eyes. Minyeon sighed and put a reassuring hand on her younger sister's shoulder. Minyoung did the same thing. Mina loved her older sisters. And she was sure that they loved her too. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was seated in her swivel chair at her home, spinning around in it. 


"I wonder what Ms Myoui is doing," Jeongyeon said to herself.


She sat up, resting her arms on the table before her. She picked up a book. It was the book that Mina was reading at the library, < Every Moment Was You >. 


"I can't believe she reads these kind of childish things," Jeongyeon said, smiling to herself. Despite saying this, she flipped through the pages of the book, until one particular page caught her eye. 


"In this heavy and confusing life, while you deal with your business, you wonder what they are doing all of a sudden and think of the person first aside from yourself...

 

 

that's enough of a reason to call it love." 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Ms Myoui~" Yerim cooed.


"Yes Yerim ?" 


"Have you seen Noir's new drama < Are you human ? > " Yerim asked. 


"Oh, of course i have. It's a pretty good drama," Mina replied. 


"Really ! Wow ! Then you must be a huge fan of her aren't you ?" 


"Yes indeed. I like her dramas." 


"Then we have found something in common," Yerim said.


Mina smiled. 


"I just can't help but wonder why she's so elusive. The only time she has shown her face is on the big screen and on TV. But imagine if she revealed herself in public. It would definitely be the the talk of the town. It's sure to create a buzz," Yerim claimed. 


Something ticked in Mina's mind. 


"A meet-and-greet ?" 


"Yes, Ms Yoo. I think that it would be a good idea to invite a buzz-worthy actor or actress to host a meet and greet session for the opening event of the library," Mina stated. 


"But it's a library, Ms Myoui. Why would you need to invite an actor or an actress ?" 


"It dosen't matter about the occupation. As long as the person we invite is capable of creating a field day for the media, i think it's worth a shot." 


"Very well then. How about inviting Park Minyoung and Park Seo Joon, the duo that acted in < What's Wrong With Secretary Kim > ?" Jeongyeon suggested.


"They would be a great couple to invite, but i think Noir-"


Mina had second thoughts about her decision. What if she couldn't get Noir to come after having suggested the idea to Ms Yoo ?


"Noir...? Who ?" 


"I'm not sure who would be the best one," Mina claimed. 


Jeongyeon intertwined her fingers, resting her arms on her desk. "A plan without details. It's very unlike you, Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon stated.


"Please give me a little bit of time. I won't disappoint you, Ms Yoo." 


Jeongyeon laughed. 


"Why are you laughing, Ms Yoo ?" Mina asked. 


"Laughed ? I laughed ?" Jeongyeon asked back, staring blankly at Mina. 


At this moment, Jeongyeon's phone chimed. She picked it up off the table. Someone had messaged her.


Seungyeon: I'm at the lobby right now. I'll come up for a few minutes. 


Jeongyeon frowned.


She looked up at Mina, and then back at her phone. She stood up and cleared , her hands in her pockets


"Ms Myoui," Jeongyeon began.


"Yes, Ms Yoo ?"  


"Did you know that the brain uses about a quarter of the calories that we consume everyday ?"


"What ?" 


"I'm hungry as i've overworked my brain." 


"Ah i see. Well i'll go ahead and prepare some snacks-"


"There's no need for that. I know what i want to eat. I want you to go to the burger shop and buy the two most expensive items on their menu along with two servings of freshly cooked french fries. I want you to personally make sure they fry it on the spot." 


"Pardon me ?" 


"Also, on your way back, pick up an Americano with an extra shot of espresso as well as a latte with two extra shots of espresso." 


"No need to rush. Take your time." 


Mina's eyes widened. 


"Two straws and two packets of sugar as well. And make sure you bring back exactly five napkins." 


"But why did you suddenly-"


"Just do as i say." 


"Yes, Ms Yoo," Mina said as she scurried towards the door. 


"Don't use the elevator. Take the stairs," Jeongyeon called. 


"What ?" 


"Go now. Hurry !" 


"Yes Ms Yoo !" Mina responded, running out the door, slamming it shut. 


Jeongyeon let out a sigh of relief. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Vice Chairperson Yoo Jeongyeon." 


"You look like a different person in this office, i always thought you would be my baby sister forever," Seungyeon claimed. 


Jeongyeon was staring out her office window but then looked at her older sister.


"What brings you here ? I thought i already greeted you and welcomed you." 


"I just wanted to visit. I had a meeting with the producer because of my new drama and i thought i should stop by,"  Seungyeon said. 


"What's with the mask ?" 


"This thing ? Oh it's just so that people won't recognise me. You know, being a famous celebrity and all that." 


Seungyeon reached into her handbag. "Ah yes. They gave me a few copies of my new drama. Do you want one ?" Seungyeon stretched a hand out, offering the cd to Jeongyeon. 


Jeongyeon stared at her and didn't answer. She turned away and folded her arms across her chest. 


"Right. You won't even watch it anyway. It's a love story which you have no interest in." 


"Jeongyeon, you should date too. You need to learn what love is to really understand the world," Seungyeon lamented. 


"There are many other things that i need to learn," Jeongyeon said, looking at Seungyeon. 


"You're so cold to me," Seungyeon stated. 


"I would like you to leave. As you can see, i'm quite busy now." With that, Jeongyeon walked back to her desk, flipping open a file and proceeding to read it. 


"All right then, you seem busy. I'll see you later i guess," Seungyeon said


Jeongyeon continued looking down at her work. 


Seungyeon left. 


Jeongyeon slammed her table, leaning back onto her swivel chair.

 

She sighed. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was running as fast as her legs could carry her. Which wasn't very fast, especially since she was wearing high heels. Her hands were full and she couldn't open the door to the building's lobby. Seungyeon saw her difficulty and ran forward, helping her to open the door. 


"Thank you so much," Mina said. However, just as she was about to run off, Seungyeon stood in her way. 


"I was thinking maybe i could get your number." 


Mina smiled. "I'm sorry. But i'm busy at the moment." 


"I'm a busy person too. I'm busy getting anxious about never having a chance to get your number again," Seungyeon said as she handed a phone to Mina. 


Mina smiled. She took the phone and began typing in a phone number. Seungyeon smiled and looked down, seeing Mina's identification tag. 


"Here you go," Mina said to Seungyeon as she handed her back the phone. "Now if you will excuse me." With that, Mina ran off. 


Seungyeon looked at the number on the phone. "What is this ? This number looks made up," Seungyeon said to herself, a big smile forming on her face. 


"Here you go, Ms Yoo. The burgers and coffee that you ordered," Mina said as she set the food down on the table in Jeongyeon's office. 


"I don't want it." 


"What ? But you told me to get this for you." 


"I had a change of heart. I don't want it." 


Mina smiled. "Alright then." 


Mina walked out of the Vice Chairperson's office, the two bags of food in her hands. She set them down on her desk and frowned. She looked inside the office and noticed that Jeongyeon had her head in her hands, deep in thought. A pout formed on Mina's face. "What is she thinking about ?" Mina thought to herself. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Seungyeon was walking around in the garden, her hands in her pockets. 


"My daughter !" 


Seungyeon turned around, coming face to face with an older woman, who wrapped her arms around the former tightly. 


"You said you would be back next week. Why are you guys back so early ?" Seungyeon asked. 


"You return home after three years abroad. Of course i had to rush back," Mrs Yoo claimed. "Oh my you have gotten even prettier." 


"Look who's talking, you have gotten much more beautiful yourself, mum," Seungyeon stated. 


"She better had. She spent tons of money," Mr Yoo proclaimed, laughing. 


Mrs Yoo turned to her husband. "Honey, look. Only those who were born with good looks benefit from such procedures. A face like yours can't be helped even if we spent all of our money." 


Seungyeon laughed. 

 

"Both of you haven't changed. You're still dissing each other." 


"By the way, have you gotten the chance to see Jeongyeon ?" Mr Yoo asked, turning away from his wife, an annoyed look on his face. 


"Yes i have. She still hates me," Seungyeon said. 


"Aish she dosen't hate you. You know Jeongyeon, she's just not very friendly," Mrs Yoo stated. 


"I don't think she wants to be friendly with me." 


"She's a lot better than me in many ways." 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mina was on her computer when her phone rang. She looked at the screen. It wasn't a saved number. She picked up her phone.


"This is Myoui Mina speaking." 


"Hi i'm calling back because of the note you left. This is Noir's agency." 


"Oh yes ?" 


"I sincerely apologise but Noir isn't interested in public activities of any kind." 


"Oh... could you still pass our proposal on to her though ?" 


"I'm sorry but we are unable to do so." 


"That's too bad. Okay, thank you." 


Just as Mina hung up, Jeongyeon walked out of her office, not wearing her coat but holding onto it. Mina hurried and got out of her seat, stepping forward to Jeongyeon. She reached out and grabbed the coat. Jeongyeon let Mina put on the coat for her. The secretary smiled. 


"Ms Myoui, how about Italian food for lunch ?" Jeongyeon asked Mina. 


"I'm sorry, but i'm quite busy today with the opening event for the library," Mina replied. 


"I never asked you to eat with me," Jeongyeon began. "I just wanted to tell you to go for Italian food if you feel like it and put it on the company credit card." 


Mina smiled. "Thank you, Ms Yoo." 


"Take it easy," Jeongyeon said. With that, she walked off. 


Mina sat back down at her desk.

 

She had an idea. 

 

She was going to meet up with a certain journalist.

 

...

 

 

 

"Have i interviewed Noir ? Oh yes i have, last year." 


"Was it an in-person interview ?" Mina asked. 


"No, it was done by email. I sent her the questions by email and she sent me the answers back. She is a rather elusive person. She has never done a single interview with any other newspaper or media outlet you know." 


"Yes i know about that. Is there any chance that i might be able to get her email address ?" Mina asked. 


The woman before Mina laughed. 


"No of course not. I promised her to never give her email away. I must keep my promise to her, since i have good manners. You understand that right ?" She flashed a smug look on her face, folding her arms across her chest. 


Mina thought about it for a while. She flashed a smile. "Yes i understand," Mina said as she folded her arms across her chest. "But unfortunately you just reminded me of the time when you almost got sued for digging into my boss's personal life." 


The woman shifted uncomfortably in her seat. 


"I helped you sort it out so that it won't turn into a legal battle." 


"You haven't forgotten, right ? Ms Jennie ?" Mina asked.


Jennie's arms dropped to her sides as she tried her best to avoid eye contact with Mina. 


"Sorry ?" 


"Those with good manners always repay the kindness they received," Mina stated. 


She winked. 


"You understand right ?" 


"Yes i do. Oh where did i put her email address ?" Jennie reached out a hand to her shelf, picking up a post it note, handing it to Mina. 


Mina grinned. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"[email protected]


Mina read the words written on the post it. "It's just her name, i could've guessed it myself."


Mina was back at her house, sitting infront of her desk, with gmail set up on her computer. If she was going to have to convince Noir to accept her proposal, she was going to have to be very persuasive. 


"Myoui Mina, the Secretary to Yoo Group's Vice Chairperson." 


Time to get to work. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was staring into the glass in her hands, smiling to herself. 


"Do you like the whiskey i chose ?" Nayeon asked. 


"No, i just like the reflection of my face in this glass," replied Jeongyeon. 


Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Admire it all you want," she said as she took a sip of her whiskey. 


"Ah yes, i heard that you've decided to expedite the grand opening of the art center. How do you stay so driven ?" Nayeon asked. She intended to say "reckless" but stopped herself from potentially getting fired. Jeongyeon turned to look at her friend, her left eyebrow raised. 


"That happened when i was away on a work trip, and i heard that there was a power outage too. You must've been so stressed out." 


"Stressed out ?" 


Jeongyen recalled the events of that night. How she sat beside Mina, gazing upon the beauty of her secretary. How she grabbed her hand and lead her to the exit. 


Jeongyeon smiled. 


"No, it was actually fun." 


"It was fun ?" Nayeon asked. 


"What ? Oh, i mean- I don't think there will be another power outage at the art center." 


"I'll make sure it never happens again," Nayeon claimed. She patted her chest. "You trust me right ?" 


Jeongyeon looked at her friend.


"Thanks." 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Do it properly." 


"Why does everything get cropped when you photocopy documents ?" Sana scolded Yerim.


"Because of you i'm about to-" 


Just at this moment, Mark walked in the office, holding onto a thumbdrive. 


"I'm about to tell you what a wonderful help you have been in the office, Yerim ah. If you need anything let me know~" 


"Excuse me," Mark said to the two girls. "Yes ?" Sana asked. "The slides for the presentation for the opening event proposal are in here," Mark stated, handing the thumbdrive over to Sana. "Oh, thank you, Mr Tuan," Sana said with a smile. "I'll make sure Ms Myoui gets this." 


Mark flashed a smile and he left. Sana's eyes looked dreamy as she watched Mark leave and she smelled the thumbdrive. "Sana yah what are you doing ?" Jihyo asked. Sana realised she had been caught red-handed. "Oh n-nothing," she said, her face turning red. "It's just Sana being Sana, Jihyo-ssi," Chaeyoung stated. Sana stared daggers at her colleague. Yerim started to giggle. "Is it that funny ?" Sana asked. "Ah, no." "Get back to work," Sana instructed, continuing to smell the thumbdrive. She was walking out of the office to Mina's desk when she bumped into Dahyun, the secretary drinking a cup of coffee. Dahyun smiled shyly. Sana tried to walk left but Dahyun walked to her right, blocking her way. Sana tried again and walked to her right but yet again Dahyun blocked her way. "Move out of my way will you ?" Sana raised her voice. Dahyun looked shocked. Sana felt embarrassed and scurried away. A slight pout formed on Dahyun's lips. She continued to drink her coffee.


Jeongyeon was sitting on her couch in her office, using her tablet when Mina walked in. "This is the planning department's proposal for the opening event, Ms Yoo," Mina stated as she handed the stack of papers to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon flipped through them but frowned. "There's nothing new or moving. Any updates on the meet-and-greet session that you suggested, Ms Myoui ?" Jeongyeon asked. "I'm still looking into it, i'm sorry, Ms Yoo," Mina replied. Jeongyeon sighed. 


Mina looked down. Her eyes focused on the tie that Jeongyeon was wearing. It was crooked. 


"Ms Yoo, please pardon my reach. I'm going to fix your tie for you." 


Mina bent over, reaching for Jeongyeon's tie.


Jeongyeon looked up, and came face to face with her secretary. Her face was ridiculously close. Mina smiled. Jeongyeon gulped. 


"It's fine. I'll do it myself today." 


"Oh, sure."


Mina stepped back. Her phone rang and she took it out from her pocket. "Ms Yoo, please excuse me." 


"Alright." 


Mina left the room. 


All of a sudden, Jeongyeon felt her heart beating ridiculously fast. She flinched and touched her chest, just above her heart. 


"What is wrong with my heart ?" 


She felt it again and her heart was still beating rapidly.


"I should see my doctor soon. There must be something wrong with my heart," Jeongyeon said, making a mental note. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Ms Myoui, i'm sorry if i asked to meet you on such a busy day." 


"No worries Mrs Yoo, please don't apologise. Why did you want to see me ma'am ?" Mina asked. 


Mrs Yoo handed Mina a shopping bag. "Here you go, Ms Myoui. This is for you." 


"Ma'am you didn't have to-"


"Just take it."


"I bought it while i was out shopping for myself," Mrs Yoo stated.


Mina smiled awkwardly. 


"By the way, is Jeongyeon very busy today ?" 


"She's quite busy as the art center will open earlier than expected," Mina replied.


"Then she's probably not in the greatest of moods. If i ask her to have dinner with me this evening, she might get annoyed with me, right ?" Mrs Yoo asked Mina. 


"No, that should be fine," Mina chuckled. "And by the way, she's free this evening." 


"Really ?" Mrs Yoo got up out of her seat and grabbed her handbag. 


"Are you going home now ma'am ? Should i get the car ready ?" Mina asked. 


"Nope. Judging on what you just told me, i think i can go and see Jeongyeon now. Thanks Ms Myoui." Mrs Yoo smiled. 

 

 

...

 

 

Jeongyeon was seated on the couch in her office, using her tablet. 


"Well... Jeongyeon. How about our entire family gathers for dinner this evening ?" Mrs Yoo asked. 


Jeongyeon looked up from her tablet.


"I can't." 


"Why ? Ms Myoui said that you have nothing planned for this evening." 


"Did you meet up with her again ?" 


"I asked her to meet me as i had a gift for her." 


"I'm jealous of Ms Myoui. She got a gift. I want a gift too." 


Jeongyeon looked back down at her tablet.


"Jeongyeon, can you give me a gift i want ? I would love our entire family to gather for dinner including you-" 


"No, i can't do that." 


Mrs Yoo was getting slightly angry at this point. 


"You see, i may not look my age, but i'm getting old now. You and Seungyeon are the only two children i have and yet our family rarely spends time together as she lives abroad. I wonder how many more times we'll gather in one place before i die." 


"Let's have dinner together. Please, Jeongyeon ?" 


Jeongyeon thought about it.


"I'm sorry." 


Mrs Yoo looked disappointed as she walked out of Jeongyeon's office. Mina stood up from her seat to greet her. She noticed that Mrs Yoo's eyes were watery. 


"Did the talk not go well ?" 


"No. It's not really an occasion that she's excited about," Mrs Yoo stated. 


"It's not like she will change her mind if i try to persuade her."  


"I have no choice." 


Mrs Yoo's face brightened up. 


"Oh my, it looks like my shoes are covered in dust." 


"Would you like something to clean them with ?" Mina asked, looking under her desk, trying to find something for Mrs Yoo. When she lifted her head from under the table, Mrs Yoo had already gone. A bright red handbag stood on Mina's desk. 


"Where did she go without her handbag ?" Mina thought to herself. She was just about to go look for Mrs Yoo when her phone ringed. 


"Ma'am ? You left your handbag here-"


"Yes i know. Please tell Jeongyeon to bring it home this evening." 


Mina smiled. "Ahhh ok... i understood ma'am. Bye bye~" 

 

 

...

 

 

The bright red handbag stood on Jeongyeon's desk now. 


"Have Ms Kim drop it off," Jeongyeon instructed. 


"I can't do that," Mina replied. 


"Mrs Yoo told me to make sure that you bring it back." 


Jeongyeon folded her arms across her chest. "Who's your boss, Ms Myoui ?" 


"Does what my mother want matter more to you ?"


"No, of course not Ms Yoo. You matter more to me." 


There was something in what Mina just said that made Jeongyeon kinda happy on the inside. 


"That's why i'm telling you this. You're bothered because of your mother. I don't know why you are being so stubborn. But don't do something you will regret." 


Mina flashed a smile. "I'll go now." With that, she left the room. 


Jeongyeon looked at the handbag on her desk and sighed. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Mrs Yoo smiled. Seungyeon was eating her food enthusiastically. She looked up and smiled back. Mrs Yoo grinned. "Here you go," Seungyeon said as she nabbed a piece of meat with her chopsticks, placing it down on her mother's plate. "I'm okay," Mrs Yoo said. Seungyeon rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me you're going to say something cliché like 'I feel full when i watch you eat'." 


"No. No. Your mother is on a diet these days," Mr Yoo stated. "She eats very little in the evenings." 


"Yes. It takes hard work to maintain this shape," Mrs Yoo claimed, laughing. Her husband joined in. 


She noticed that Jeongyeon didn't look very happy. "Jeongyeon, maybe i should've invited Mina too, right ?" 


"Mina ?" Seungyeon asked. 


"Yes, she's Jeongyeon's secretary," Mrs Yoo stated. "She's the only person Jeongyeon trusts and relies on. I'm so thankful that she's staying by her side." 


"Even her name is pretty," Seungyeon claimed. 


Jeongyeon frowned. 


"Her face is pretty too," Mrs Yoo said. 


"Before you leave, let's invite her here and have a meal with her-" 


"You were informed that we are opening the art center earlier than scheduled, right ?" Jeongyeon stated, changing the topic. 


"Oh yes. I heard you decided to do it because of YG Group. Well done ! You got the competitive spirit from me," Mr Yoo said. 


Seungyeon felt out of place.


"But if you suddenly move it up, wouldn't you have too much to worry about ? I'm worried that you will get too tired," Mrs Yoo lamented.


"Yes indeed. Your health is everything to our company." 


Seungyeon felt inferior.


"Yes, don't worry," Jeongyeon reassure her parents. 


"Here try this too," Mrs Yoo said as she nabbed a slice of fish for her youngest daughter. 


Seungyeon looked at her sister. 

 

 

...

 

 

Jeongyeon was seated in the study room,  looking down at her tablet. Seungyeon approached her, with two cups of coffee in her hands. She placed one cup down on the coffee table infront of Jeongyeon and sat down to Jeongyeon's right. 


"Here you go. Drink your coffee." 


"Later. I'm working right now." 


𝘊𝘰𝘭𝘥.

 

Seungyeon sighed and put her cup down. 

 

"By the way, your secretary. I'm getting really curious about her." 


"How could she manage working 9 years alongside you ?" 


"What is she like ?" Seungyeon asked.


Jeongyeon didn't respond.


"Because you continue to keep her away from me, it almost seems like you're trying to hide her from me." 


Jeongyeon looked up from her tablet and looked at her older sister.


"Why ? Are you afraid that i'm going to go out with her 𝘵𝘰𝘰 ?" 


"Get out." 


"I really can't understand you." 


"I am reaching out my hands and trying my best here. Shouldn't you feel thankful ?" 


"Why do i have to feel thankful to you ?" Jeongyeon replied.


"You are still so selfish. Can't you see why ? I said that i am forgiving you." 


"I am willing to put behind the past and pretend nothing had ever happened." Seungyeon had raised her voice. 


Jeongyeon put her tablet down on the coffee table before her. She intertwined her fingers, resting her arms on her thighs.


"For someone who is willing to forgive me, don't you think you are rubbing it in too much ?" 


Seungyeon's eyes were wide open. twitched.


"It's something that i don't even remember, which happened more than 20 years ago." 

 

Seungyeon stared wide eyed at her younger sister.

 

"Yoo Jeongyeon." 


"Why do you hate me so much ?" 

 

 

"I don't hate you, 

 

 

i just 𝘢𝘣𝘩𝘰𝘳 you." 

 

Jeongyeon stood up and so did Seungyeon. Seungyeon put a hand on her younger sister's shoulder.


"Don't be insensitive." 


"If it weren't for what you did, i would've been in your place right now." 


Jeongyeon pushed the arm off.


"Do you really think that ?" 


"What ?" 


"You are weak and incompetent." 


"To protect yourself, you torture other people." 


"Even if that didn't happen, you would have never made it this far." 


Jeongyeon walked away. 


Anger filled Seungyeon's veins as she pulled Jeongyeon back. 

 

"You scum !" 

 

The sound of a slap could be heard throughout the entire house. 


Pain was the only thing Jeongyeon felt as she fell to the ground. 


She touched her lip. There was blood. 


In a fit of rage, she got up, her fists balled up, wanting to punch the daylights out of her older sister as she grabbed hold of Seungyeon's collar. 


She never threw that punch. 


"What are you doing ?! Break it off !" Mr Yoo shouted for them to stop.


Jeongyeon struggled to hold back. 


"Stop. Please stop..." Mrs Yoo pleaded in between tears. 


Jeongyeon looked at her mother's crying, trembling self and put down her fist. 


Seungyeon pushed Jeongyeon's hand away.


The younger sister stormed off. 

 

 

...

 

 

She was seated in her car, going 70 miles per hour on the freeway. 

 

 

...

 

 

Seungyeon sat down on her bed, her head in her hands. She sighed. 


Her phone rang. Hesitantly, she picked it up.


"Yes ?" 


"I've sent the publication promotion proposal to your email, Ms Seungyeon. It's urgent, so i advise that you check it right away." 


"Okay. I will." 


Seungyeon put down her phone, moving towards her desk and turning on her laptop.


< Promotion Proposal > 


From: Myoui Mina, secretary to Yoo Group's Vice Chairperson 


Seungyeon gulped. 

 

 

 

 


...

 

 

 

 


Jeongyeon parked her car. She stepped out. She looked up and noticed that the lights were off. 𝘔𝘴 𝘔𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘪 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦. 


She was just about to leave, turning around. That's when she saw her.


Her. Dressed in her "absolute best". Oversized t-shirt. Shorts. An oversized jacket. Her hair flowing in the wind with only a hairband holding it in place. Carrying a plastic bag in one hand. Holding her phone in the other. She hadn't noticed Jeongyeon. She was engrossed with whatever that was on her phone. 


But Jeongyeon wasn't. 


Slow motion. That's what it was. It felt exactly like slow motion, as Mina walked towards Jeongyeon. Whatever she was looking at on her phone made her smile.


Jeongyeon smiled.


Mina walked past Jeongyeon, not noticing the tall figure in a suit minus the coat was standing right there. Jeongyeon grabbed Mina's shoulder, which startled Mina so badly till she dropped her plastic bag and its contents. 


"Ms Yoo ?!" 


"What were you thinking so deeply about that you didn't even notice the person infront of you ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


"What are you doing here Ms Yoo ?" Mina asked as she picked up her plastic bag. "Oh no... all the eggs are broken except for one." 


"How could you show up without-" 


Mina noticed the blood clot on Jeongyeon's lips. 


"What's wrong with your lip ?" Mina asked as she reached a hand out. 


Jeongyeon pushed her hand away. "It's nothing." 


"Aren't you coming from your parents' house ? Did something happen there ?" 


"I am coming from home. Don't ask anymore questions." 


"Let's get it disinfected first. Otherwise you might end up with a scar," Mina urged. 


She grabbed Jeongyeon's arm and pulled her to her house. She opened the door. And came face to face with a mess. Her clothes were strewn all over her couch, snack wrappers were on the floor, her bed was not made. 


As soon as Jeongyeon entered the house, Mina pushed her out. "Just give me 30 seconds. Or actually a minute." With that, she slammed the door shut and got to disposing of the mess. 


She cleared everything. By "clearing", she actually dumped everything into her closet. She noticed her lingerie sitting on her swivel chair and hid it on her bed, placing Hardworking Cow's big head, face down to cover it from sight. 


She was done and opened the door. "Ms Yoo. Welcome." Jeongyeon stepped inside the house, looking at all four walls. "My place is a little shabby, isn't it ?" Mina asked. "No it- i mean it's very shabby." Mina frowned. "Come in." Jeongyeom took off her shoes, swapping them for pink house slippers which she had to squeeze her feet in to fit. 


Mina brought out a first aid kit. 


"I'm okay, really." 


"It's not okay for me. There are so many occasions where you have to take pictures. If something goes wrong, people will blame for it you know ?"


"Follow me~" Mina pulled Jeongyeon's hand and guided her to her swivel chair, prompting the Vice Chairperson to sit on it, which she did. Mina sat on her bed. She reached out to clean the wound but found it awkward. Jeongyeon was sitting a little bit too far away. "I'm sorry Ms Yoo, but can i get you to move a little bit closer to me ?" Mina asked. Jeongyeon did so. 


Mina dabbed the cotton pad on Jeongyeon's wound, which made the latter flinch. Mina smiled and continued. She meticulously cleaned the wound. Jeongyeon was yet again dazzled by her secretary's beauty. 


Mina put the cotton pad down and picked up a cotton swab, applying ointment to the wound. 


She was beautiful. 


Mina looked up and they locked eyes again. They stared at each for a while, before looking away due to awkwardness. 


Mina reached for a bandage. 


"Don't put a bandage on my face. You don't think a disposable bandage suits my face, do you ?" Jeongyeon asked. 


Mina put the bandage away and smiled. 


"By the way, how did you get hurt ? It dosen't seem like a wound you just get. Did you get into a fight with someone ?" Mina asked. 


Jeongyeon thought of telling her, but decided not to. 


"Didn't i tell you not to ask further questions ?"


Mina apologised. She couldn't help but notice the sullen look on her boss's face. 

She had an idea. 


"Do you want to stay for some noodles ?" 


"Noodles ?" 


Mina nodded. "Yes. When you are feeling down, one bowl of spicy noodles instantly lifts your mood." 


"I will also put the one egg that didn't break into your bowl of noodles." 


Jeongyeon laughed. Nodded her head. 


Mina went to boil some water for the noodles. 


Jeongyeon was at Mina's desk, snooping around. She picked up a book and flipped it open. There were post its in the book that read "I hate Senior Managing Director Yoo". Jeongyeon snickered.


She picked up another book. It was < Every Moment Was You >. "Even this cony book is here," Jeongyeon said to herself. 


"What do you know ? You don't even know about love," Mina stated. 


Jeongyeon turned around, looking at her secretary. She smiled. 


"Do you know love then ? You've been single all your life." 


𝘖𝘶𝘤𝘩. 


"I've read a lot about it in books." 


Jeongyeon nodded. "That's great." 


Mina rolled her eyes. "Ah the water must be boiling," she said as she walked away. 


Jeongyeon chuckled


She noticed Hardworking Cow lying down on its face. 


"Why is he lying face down ?"


Mina peeped around the corner. She saw Jeongyeon reaching for Hardworking Cow. Her lingerie. 


"No ! No ! Don't do that !" Mina shouted, running towards Jeongyeon. 


She turned Jeongyeon around.


The momentum made her fall. 


On Jeongyeon.


They locked eyes yet again.


Mina stared at Jeongyeon, eyes wide open.


She tried to get up but felt a strong set of arms hold her back.


Jeongyeon held Mina in a tight embrace.


Mina couldn't believe what was happening.


"Just for a little while." 


"Let me stay like this for a little while." 

 

 

 

 

"From now on,

 

 

 

 

i'm going to be madly in love

 

 

 

 

with you,

 

 

 

 

Myoui Mina."